Official Tournament of Power Eliminations Thread (Complete)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:53 pm

Why do two of my three favorite U6 characters (Frost and Magetta) have to get ringed out before those two fanservice characters :cry: At least we still have Hit, and those U6 Namekians might be interesting as long as they're not carbon copies of Piccolo (though the odds of Saonel being Piccolo 2.0 are pretty likely).

I have a feeling that Cabba is gonna be the next to get eliminated on the Universe 6 Team. Toei and Toriyama don't seem to care much for the orginal Team U6 members, besides Hit.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:45 pm

If you don't count Universe 7, there's not that many opponents remaining.

They really got to have Piccolo rack up some more wins. Piccolo only defeated a single character so far, he's barely above the level of Tien. Goddamn. I also hope 18 especially gets a few more wins.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:19 am

At this point I've given up on expecting there to be any variety in the eliminations from different universes.

It's gonna be all Universe 6, 7 and probably an handful from Jiren. A few exceptions aside that's about it.

I can understand it I suppose but I'm not a fan of it.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:51 am

precita wrote:If you don't count Universe 7, there's not that many opponents remaining.
You're absolutely correct! Out of the 31 competitors remaining, this is what it looks like;

5 are from Universe 2 (5)
6 are from Universe 3 (11)
4 are from Universe 4 (15)
6 are from Universe 6 (21)
7 are from Universe 7 (28)
0 are from Universe 9 (28)
0 are from Universe 10 (28)
3 are from Universe 11 (31)

It's all very exciting, isn't it?!

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:08 am

Yesss, it is! To picture it better, here are the 31 remaining warriors:

Universe 2: Ribrianne, Rozie, Rabanra, Zarbuto, Zirloin
Universe 3: Borareta, Koitsukai, Paparoni, Katpesra, Biara, Panchia
Universe 4: Monna, Shantsa, Damom, Gamisaras
Universe 6: Hit, Cabba, Caulifla, Kale, Saonel, Pirina
Universe 7: Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Frieza, Piccolo, N° 17, N° 18
Universe 11: Jiren, Toppo, Dyspo

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:22 am

precita wrote:If you don't count Universe 7, there's not that many opponents remaining.

They really got to have Piccolo rack up some more wins. Piccolo only defeated a single character so far, he's barely above the level of Tien. Goddamn. I also hope 18 especially gets a few more wins.
They have given Piccolo one 15 second fight in 12 episodes which is beyond ridiculous. This makes think he is definitely not going anyhere anytime soon.

18's next fight could be her last as she has some screen time and wins.

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:38 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:

They have given Piccolo one 15 second fight in 12 episodes which is beyond ridiculous. This makes think he is definitely not going anyhere anytime soon.

I think Piccolo will fight the two namekians from U6, Saonel and Pirina. Then he's gone maybe.

And I think he's next in U7 since it seems writers are trying to set up a good team of color commentators from the sideline :P I just realized in ep 108 how valious Muten Roshi's comments are from a fighting analysis standpoint. That's why I think Cabba is a goner soon too.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:04 am

PMD wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

I think Piccolo will fight the two namekians from U6, Saonel and Pirina. Then he's gone maybe.

And I think he's next in U7 since it seems writers are trying to set up a good team of color commentators from the sideline :P I just realized in ep 108 how valious Muten Roshi's comments are from a fighting analysis standpoint. That's why I think Cabba is a goner soon too.
If Piccolo beats the Namekians then he will have another fight. I also think be will fight someone from Universe 2 or 3 before he fights the Namekians as he has only had a 15 second battle. The Namekians have not even been introduced yet and don't seem like they will for a while. I am predicting they will not appear until Hit and the 3 Saiyans are out.

Toriyama wouldn't care about commentating from the side and Toei can't go changing things like this.

17 and 18 will go before Piccolo.

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:53 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
If Piccolo beats the Namekians then he will have another fight. I also think be will fight someone from Universe 2 or 3 before he fights the Namekians as he has only had a 15 second battle. The Namekians have not even been introduced yet and don't seem like they will for a while. I am predicting they will not appear until Hit and the 3 Saiyans are out.

Toriyama wouldn't care about commentating from the side and Toei can't go changing things like this.

Right, because we never saw something like that before in this anime/manga. :roll:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:56 am

PMD wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

Right, because we never saw something like that before in this anime/manga. :roll:
You actually think Toriyama when writing his script is going to kick out a fighter just so Toei can have that fighter commentate.

Toriyama's script definitely does not have this much detail in it.

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:42 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
PMD wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

You actually think Toriyama when writing his script is going to kick out a fighter just so Toei can have that fighter commentate.

First of all, I don't think Toriyama is that involve in the writting process. I was referring to the other writers. They do care about those details (at least they should hehe)

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:26 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
PMD wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

Toriyama script could be a napkin or a novel honestly. Anyone who says they know is a liar.

I personally -believe- its closer to the napkin. It may not even provide the order of elimination. It may just say "so and so are the last 10 fighters" or it may have everything.

If its that thin TOEI could eliminate whoever for whatever reason.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:08 pm

I'm on the napkin train too. I don't think Toriyama doesn't even care about the order or the motives behind some eliminations from this colosal tournament.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:48 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote: Toriyama script could be a napkin or a novel honestly. Anyone who says they know is a liar.

I personally -believe- its closer to the napkin. It may not even provide the order of elimination. It may just say "so and so are the last 10 fighters" or it may have everything.

If its that thin TOEI could eliminate whoever for whatever reason.
I'm in the napkin camp as well, but I hope Toriyama hasn't been that non-descriptive in his outline. At least some general order of elimination should have been provided, if not a specific one. Like, even a "Roshi eliminates some of Universe 4's weaker fighters" and a guide somewhere else to who those weaker fighters are (tier list? I dunno) would be enough. I'll be kinda disappointed if he hasn't even done something as generic as that.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:01 am

The red flag that is the lack of a statement on the arc from Toriyama that exists for arcs prior to this one leads me to the napkin camp.

I think he's getting bored again and so is providing less and less input each arc, imo.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:26 pm

:lol: I love the phrase "Napkin Camp" it makes me laugh. Great replies from every one really. I too hope it isn't that bare bones, just saying it could really call anywhere between those two extremes.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:59 am

"40. Frost (Universe 6) (0) was eliminated by Frieza (Universe 7) (3) with a cheap shot (Episode 108)"

Shouldn't there be a 1 by Frost instead of 0 as he knocked off Krillin?

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:01 am

Bullza wrote:"40. Frost (Universe 6) (0) was eliminated by Frieza (Universe 7) (3) with a cheap shot (Episode 108)"

Shouldn't there be a 1 by Frost instead of 0 as he knocked off Krillin?
You're absolutely correct, thanks for pointing that out!

I'll amend that now.

UPDATE: Amended