Official Tournament of Power Eliminations Thread (Complete)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Re: Tournament of Power Eliminations

Post by precita » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:57 pm

I wish 17 and 18 would take out all those damn robots already.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:35 am

apex_pretador wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:I just sat down to figure something out, and it's incredible just how many characters don't have any eliminations as of over halfway through the Tournament of Power;

Universe 2; Rabanra, Vikal, Sanka Ku, Su Roas, Zarbuto, Zirloin, and Prum
Universe 3; The whole damn team
Universe 4; The whole damn team again
Universe 6; Botamo, Auto Magetta, Dr Rota, Saoneru, and Pirina
Universe 7; You da real MVP
Universe 9; Bergamo, Lavenda, Hyssop, Chappil, Oregano, Hop, Comfrey, Roselle, and Sorel
Universe 10; The whole damn team again ...again
Universe 11; Khaseral, Dyspo, Toppo, Cocotte, Vuon, Tupper, Zoiray, Kettol, and Kunshi
An interesting observation:

Out of 52 eliminations, 24 were done by saiyans, and 28 were done by non-saiyans. Considering that there are only 6 saiyans opposed to 74 non-saiyans, it is strange.

Also, if we exclude eliminations happening due to powerhouses (Jiren, Toppo, Freeza, Hit) then it leaves only 19 eliminations were done by non-saiyan non-blue level fighters.

It means that if you are either a saiyan or blue level, your chances of getting an elimination are about 13 times higher.

Look at saiyan crime stats!! They do most of the violence!

Goddamn Racist.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:27 pm

No eliminations this week. :D

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:39 pm

For a second I thought that Zarbuto and Catospera were gonna job and get knocked out by the wind generated from Goku and Caulifla fighting. Glad that didn't happen.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:31 am

So if a fused character eliminates someone, I assume that's counted as a shared elimination among the fusees right? And if a fusion gets eliminated, that's two points to whoever did it?

These are things we will need to know for the coming weeks :D

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:59 am

Kataphrut wrote:So if a fused character eliminates someone, I assume that's counted as a shared elimination among the fusees right? And if a fusion gets eliminated, that's two points to whoever did it?

Hmm…

I hadn't thought about that, as it never seemed to be a thing until now

Yes, that fused character will be considered their own entity and given their own Elimination Poiints

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:23 am

shadowmaria wrote:
Kataphrut wrote:So if a fused character eliminates someone, I assume that's counted as a shared elimination among the fusees right? And if a fusion gets eliminated, that's two points to whoever did it?

Hmm…

Yes, that fused character will be considered their own entity and given their own Elimination Poiints
I think its better you give half a point to each character that makes up the fusion and 2 points to whoever eliminated the fusion just like kataphrut said,it seems more fair and logical that way.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:29 am

Whatever wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:

Hmm…

I think its better you give half a point to each character that makes up the fusion and 2 points to whoever eliminated the fusion just like kataphrut said,it seems more fair and logical that way.
That isn't logical, as neither Caulifla or Kale are eliminating them. The new character of Kafla will be doing it.

Also, in series, other characters will make note of the new character, Kafla - the combination or fusion of Caulifla and Kale - making the elimination. Therefore, Kafla will get the point

Ia appreciate where you're coming from, but this thread will reflect the true eliminations, and both characters getting points that the third character actually did nullifies that.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:18 pm

shadowmaria wrote:Apologies for the double-post

I've updated the original post to reflect the newest update to

This is going to get harder for you soon, but keep up the good work.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:10 pm

majinwarman wrote:This is going to get harder for you soon, but keep up the good work.
How so, friend?

Do you mean with the manga? If so; challenge accepted.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:31 pm

I figure it's been long enough since the previous comment to double-post

Just so everyone is aware, I've just gone through and done a number of cosmetic changes, updates, etc. as there hasn't been any eliminations for a while.

I've also corrected some of the URL's and fixed some type sets.

I'll also be updating the spelling of character names to reflect the CR spellings

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:49 am

Hmm. Funny (though not all that surprising) how once again, Vegeta's doing the most work compared to everyone else. Since Super began with new material after the movie retellings, Vegeta eliminated 3 out of 5 competitors from U6 in the Champa arc, Vegeta was the only one that actually overpowered and defeated Goku Black with his own power out of Goku himself and an all time rage boost from Trunks, and now he has nine (and counting) eliminations.

But hey, none of those accomplishments mean anything to him or anyone else if he's still trailing behind Goku...

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:56 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Hmm. Funny (though not all that surprising) how once again, Vegeta's doing the most work compared to everyone else. Since Super began with new material after the movie retellings, Vegeta eliminated 3 out of 5 competitors from U6 in the Champa arc, Vegeta was the only one that actually overpowered and defeated Goku Black with his own power out of Goku himself and an all time rage boost from Trunks, and now he has nine (and counting) eliminations.

But hey, none of those accomplishments mean anything to him if he's still trailing behind Goku...
Vegeta's building additional feats, which aside from killing the entire Ginyu Force, Zarbon, Dodoria, Cui, Appule, and #19, getting the best shot in on Majin Buu during the first conflicts, blowing up Arlia, and overpowering Semi-Perfect Cell prior to his cockiness getting out of control - he hasn't really had up until taking out Magetta, Frost, Cabba, overpowering Goku Black (Super Saiyan Rosé), and nine competitors so far in the Tournament of Power.

In my opinion - and this is wildly off-topic - feats > trailing behind Goku in power.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:24 pm

CAULIFLA AND KALE ARE OUT

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:17 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Hmm. Funny (though not all that surprising) how once again, Vegeta's doing the most work compared to everyone else. Since Super began with new material after the movie retellings, Vegeta eliminated 3 out of 5 competitors from U6 in the Champa arc, Vegeta was the only one that actually overpowered and defeated Goku Black with his own power out of Goku himself and an all time rage boost from Trunks, and now he has nine (and counting) eliminations.

But hey, none of those accomplishments mean anything to him or anyone else if he's still trailing behind Goku...
Vegeta's always been about cleaning up the mooks. All the fatalities in the Namek arc? Vegeta :lol: Too bad he didn't get to kill anyone really important though. Hope that'll change someday soon.

And yeah, Kale and Caulifla are finally out. Guess that SSj3 thingy will have to wait until later :D

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:48 pm

I'm so angry about the Super Saiyan 3 Chehkov Gun, you have no idea.

Anyway, on-topic. This was a really difficult thing to write up for this elimination due to the complications of the fusion dissolving at the time of Kefla being ringed out, but Caulifla and Kale landing the bleachers

44. Kefla (Universe 6) (0) was eliminated by Goku (Universe 7) (7) with a massive Kamehameha to the face (Episode 116), which disintegrated the Potara Earrings. Kefla then teleported out of the battle, and reappeared de-fused. It was also stated in the episode that Goku defeated Kefla. Goku gains one elimination point, however two competitors have been removed from Universe 6. To quote the Grand Priest: Universe 6's Kefla-san, who was Kale-san and Caulifla-san, has dropped out

Tournament of Power Competitors Eliminated: 54/80

Universe 2 Competitors eliminated: 5/10
Universe 3 Competitors eliminated: 4/10
Universe 4 Competitors eliminated: 7/10
Universe 6 Competitors eliminated: 8/10
Universe 7 Competitors eliminated: 3/10
Universe 9 Competitors eliminated: 10/10
Universe 10 Competitors eliminated: 10/10
Universe 11 Competitors eliminated: 7/10

Only 26 Competitors Remain in the Tournament of Power

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:53 pm

Universe 6 is pretty much done it would seem. Meanwhile, Universe 7 still has the most fighters remaining.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:53 pm

Universe 3 still has 7 fighters left? Half those robots seem weak as hell. Why don't they just blow them all out at once?

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:15 am

shadowmaria wrote:I'm so angry about the Super Saiyan 3 Chehkov Gun, you have no idea.

Anyway, on-topic. This was a really difficult thing to write up for this elimination due to the complications of the fusion dissolving at the time of Kefla being ringed out, but Caulifla and Kale landing the bleachers

44. Kefla (Universe 6) (0) was eliminated by Goku (Universe 7) (7) with a massive Kamehameha to the face (Episode 116), which disintegrated the Potara Earrings. Kefla then teleported out of the battle, and reappeared de-fused. It was also stated in the episode that Goku defeated Kefla. Goku gains one elimination point, however two competitors have been removed from Universe 6. To quote the Grand Priest: Universe 6's Kefla-san, who was Kale-san and Caulifla-san, has dropped out

Tournament of Power Competitors Eliminated: 54/80

Universe 2 Competitors eliminated: 5/10
Universe 3 Competitors eliminated: 4/10
Universe 4 Competitors eliminated: 7/10
Universe 6 Competitors eliminated: 8/10
Universe 7 Competitors eliminated: 3/10
Universe 9 Competitors eliminated: 10/10
Universe 10 Competitors eliminated: 10/10
Universe 11 Competitors eliminated: 7/10

Only 26 Competitors Remain in the Tournament of Power
But, aren't they two people though so it would be two points right?
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.