Theory about Krillin [Spoiler]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kishido
Banned

Theory about Krillin [Spoiler]

Post by Kishido » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:21 am

and his DQ

From the preview I noticed 2 things... For one 18 is using sunglasses... This most likely has to do with Krillin using Tayoken... And more important... Frost is there as well for some reasons.

People speculate that Krillin get's DQed cuz he kills someone with his Kienzan... But what if it isn't the case and Frost is the one killing this guy duting Tayoken but people will believe it was Krillin cuz he was the last one who has attacked that guy?

Akyon
Regular

Re: Theory about Krillin [Spoiler]

Post by Akyon » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:53 am

This actually sounds plausible. Frost is known to be a pragmatic ballsy cheat who is great at lying...it also doesn't make Krillin look totally idiotic in the process(albeit a bit for using such a deadly move to begin with). Interesting idea, it would ramp up the Frost-Frieza team up sub plot too and would be a good start to them actively being antagonistic.

I however, really hope the DQ is either from accidentally killing one of the invisible guys only Tien sensed before, or your theory, and Krillin isn't DQ for throwing 18 those sunglasses on the off chance that counts as 'outside items'. That would be the lamest way to get a DQ.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:57 am

Kishido wrote:and his DQ

From the preview I noticed 2 things... For one 18 is using sunglasses... This most likely has to do with Krillin using Tayoken... And more important... Frost is there as well for some reasons.

People speculate that Krillin get's DQed cuz he kills someone with his Kienzan... But what if it isn't the case and Frost is the one killing this guy duting Tayoken but people will believe it was Krillin cuz he was the last one who has attacked that guy?
Probably, you are right, because, there is no way Krillin can beat Frost. On the other hand, Frost can redirect Krillin kienzan to someone to get him DQ.

Snakeway Skywalker
Beyond Newbie

Post by Snakeway Skywalker » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:46 am

Spoilers said that in ep99, Vegeta launches some sort of offensive against Universe 6. This is probably him retaliating against them for getting Krillin disqualified.

We all know how butthurt Champa is about any sort of foul in the ring. An outline of what I think happens in the episode:
- For most of the ep, the Universe 7 team fights the U4 team, but not enough to result in 4's erasure.
- Frost and Android 18 are fighting. 18 is on the edge, so Krillin steps in with the solar flare, throws her Roshi's sunglasses.
- Champa sees this and calls foul. There's arguing amongst the U7 & U6 spectators for a minute, but the Grand Priest agrees and Krillin is disqualified.
- Episode ends on the shocking revelation that Krillin is DQ'd and the first Universe 7 member to get eliminated. Also, Frost is spared (for now). Vegeta is pissed off from the (understandibly) cheap disqualification of K, so he takes it out on the U6 team members. This will most likely be the catalyst for Kale's rage in SSJ Berserker mode in eps 100-101.

Also it's definitely a lame way/reason to disqualify someone, especially one of the main characters, but this is a lot more believable then Krillin getting DQ'd for killing someone with a kienzan. I really doubted that K would ever kill someone in this tournament, even if it was kneejerk reaction to save his wife. There was also some talk about Krillin getting disqualified for throwing someone a Senzu bean. First of all, they already knew that enhancement drugs like that were strictly prohibited from the tournament, so none of the Z fighters would even bring senzu beans.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:50 am

Snakeway Skywalker wrote:Spoilers said that in ep99, Vegeta launches some sort of offensive against Universe 6. This is probably him retaliating against them for getting Krillin disqualified.

We all know how butthurt Champa is about any sort of foul in the ring. An outline of what I think happens in the episode:
- For most of the ep, the Universe 7 team fights the U4 team, but not enough to result in 4's erasure.
- Frost and Android 18 are fighting. 18 is on the edge, so Krillin steps in with the solar flare, throws her Roshi's sunglasses.
- Champa sees this and calls foul. There's arguing amongst the U7 & U6 spectators for a minute, but the Grand Priest agrees and Krillin is disqualified.
- Episode ends on the shocking revelation that Krillin is DQ'd and the first Universe 7 member to get eliminated. Also, Frost is spared (for now). Vegeta is pissed off from the (understandibly) cheap disqualification of K, so he takes it out on the U6 team members. This will most likely be the catalyst for Kale's rage in SSJ Berserker mode in eps 100-101.

Also it's definitely a lame way/reason to disqualify someone, especially one of the main characters, but this is a lot more believable then Krillin getting DQ'd for killing someone with a kienzan. I really doubted that K would ever kill someone in this tournament, even if it was kneejerk reaction to save his wife. There was also some talk about Krillin getting disqualified for throwing someone a Senzu bean. First of all, they already knew that enhancement drugs like that were strictly prohibited from the tournament, so none of the Z fighters would even bring senzu beans.
That's a nice description of the episode, but, i thought the bald midget would be DQ only in the episode 100.

Gray Riders
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gray Riders » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:04 am

Those are both interesting theories, both much better than the accidental kienzan. I think him being framed seems more likely if it's in Toriyama's outline, but either seem possible.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:34 pm

I don't see why Roshi's glasses would be deemed a disqualifiable offence when they're technically a sartorial piece which Roshi was allowed to wear for the duration of the tournament up until now. Is it any more illicit than Piccolo encumbering an opponent with his weighted attire? I don't see the issue with the glasses.

However implausible it may sound, I would like for Krillin to make some kind of impression on Frost -- whether it's by grazing the runaway fugitive or depleting him of stamina a la Piccolo at the U6 tournament it doesn't matter. Making some kind of difference against one of the tougher opponents at the tournament would add so much needed validation to Krillin's participation in this tournament.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:53 pm

Yes! One of my good friends literally had a similar theory to yours and i think it's definitely possible. His thoughts were that Kuririn might do a solar flare but in the midst of it, either Frost or Freeza might take a shot at a random warrior and people will think it's Kuririn's fault. I could totally see a Freeza like character being the reason Kuririn is Dq'd.

However, the only thing that I'd think would be odd is the fact that Daishinkan probably would be able to see past Kuririn's Solar Flare and notice what really happens. I doubt it would blind Daishinkan. Still, there could be a bunch of possibilities for how Kuririn gets DQ'd, but my hope is that he at least has some EPIC moments before it happens.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:56 am

DainIronfoot wrote:Yes! One of my good friends literally had a similar theory to yours and i think it's definitely possible. His thoughts were that Kuririn might do a solar flare but in the midst of it, either Frost or Freeza might take a shot at a random warrior and people will think it's Kuririn's fault. I could totally see a Freeza like character being the reason Kuririn is Dq'd.

However, the only thing that I'd think would be odd is the fact that Daishinkan probably would be able to see past Kuririn's Solar Flare and notice what really happens. I doubt it would blind Daishinkan. Still, there could be a bunch of possibilities for how Kuririn gets DQ'd, but my hope is that he at least has some EPIC moments before it happens.
Thats my problem as well. I cant see someone fooling Daishinkan.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:02 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
DainIronfoot wrote:Yes! One of my good friends literally had a similar theory to yours and i think it's definitely possible. His thoughts were that Kuririn might do a solar flare but in the midst of it, either Frost or Freeza might take a shot at a random warrior and people will think it's Kuririn's fault. I could totally see a Freeza like character being the reason Kuririn is Dq'd.

Thats my problem as well. I cant see someone fooling Daishinkan.
That they'd risk their own disqualification just to take out Krillin doesn't seem like a properly balanced risk/reward ratio either.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:10 am

Well, Frost is a cheater, this could be.
Heno heno kappa!

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:30 pm

Aww the Krillin apologists are scrambling to make up far fetched ideas to ease the blow that hes is the first eliminated.

Translations varry. For example the title of episode 99 I've seen like 5 different titles. The first synopsis says Krillin is defeated then came the word disqualified in another translation.

Krillin being 1st to go is the worse scenario a Krillin believer could have wanted. Each saga is a let down. BOG he doesnt help against Beerus and cowards away. ROF he struggles in the movie and in the series is mentally shell shocked. After all the back and forth of going from being hurt by a bullet. His wife calling in spineless and his daughter calling him weak. You got 2 episodes of him regaining his power back. Him beating a unexpecting much weak base Gohan by ring out. Then the light show he put on with Goku. Just for it to lead up to him being first to go. SMH. Not even I thought this would happen.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:34 pm

JulianStyles wrote:Aww the Krillin apologists are scrambling to make up far fetched ideas to ease the blow that hes is the first eliminated..
LOL, are you 5 years old?

The reason people are speculating because it doesn't sound like Krillin is knocked out of the stage in battle. That he does something to get him disqualified. That's why we're coming up with theories of what it could be (Krillin either kills someone, gives glasses to 18, etc), so I don't understand why you're making bizarre comments like "Krillin apologisits" or "scrambling far fetched ideas."

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:41 pm

precita wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:Aww the Krillin apologists are scrambling to make up far fetched ideas to ease the blow that hes is the first eliminated..

The reason people are speculating because it doesn't sound like Krillin is knocked out of the stage in battle. That he does something to get him disqualified. That's why we're coming up with theories of what it could be (Krillin either kills someone, gives glasses to 18, etc), so I don't understand why you're making bizarre comments like "Krillin apologisits" or "scrambling far fetched ideas."

Disregard Julian. Everyone already knows his only comments are either bashing Kuririn mindlessly or praising Tien as a God above everyone else. No thought or sense of reality is ever in his comments. He just continues to post the same things over and over...

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:53 pm

DainIronfoot wrote:
precita wrote:

Disregard Julian. Everyone already knows his only comments are either bashing Kuririn mindlessly or praising Tien as a God above everyone else. No thought or sense of reality is ever in his comments. He just continues to post the same thinga over and over...
And I'm right about those things. I'm the first one to call Kienzans is a bad move to use in the tournament. Now his DQ everyone speculating the same thing I said before the leaks. This board is biased. Moderators will allow Tien hate topics but moderate anything positive on him. People in here just patting each other on the back. I'm sorry that I bring a different and right perspective to this.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:53 pm

JulianStyles wrote:Aww the Krillin apologists are scrambling to make up far fetched ideas to ease the blow that hes is the first eliminated.

Translations varry. For example the title of episode 99 I've seen like 5 different titles. The first synopsis says Krillin is defeated then came the word disqualified in another translation.

Krillin being 1st to go is the worse scenario a Krillin believer could have wanted. Each saga is a let down. BOG he doesnt help against Beerus and cowards away. ROF he struggles in the movie and in the series is mentally shell shocked. After all the back and forth of going from being hurt by a bullet. His wife calling in spineless and his daughter calling him weak. You got 2 episodes of him regaining his power back. Him beating a unexpecting much weak base Gohan by ring out. Then the light show he put on with Goku. Just for it to lead up to him being first to go. SMH. Not even I thought this would happen.
You speak like Krillin and Tien fans are mutually exclusive. Or like we're warring factions.

I love all the human characters* because we grew up with them in Dragonball, so I really don't get this hate mentality towards Krillin from ya that seems to stem almost entirely from wanting Tenshinhan to be stronger than him. What's it matter? Both humans are proving they're capable warriors able to outskill and out technique much more dangerous opponents. They don't have genetic advantages and they work their asses off for all the power they get.

I want Tien to do well in the ToP and I was gutted for you guys when he got nothing in the recruitment stage instead being used to make Roshi of all characters look stronger, but this constant toxic snideness from you over Krillin doesn't make me exactly want to root for him. Hopefully Tenshinhan takes down an opponent before he inevitably goes down.

*yes even Chiaoutzu. Just wish they used him better. Or More. Or both.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:08 pm

Akyon wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:Aww the Krillin apologists are scrambling to make up far fetched ideas to ease the blow that hes is the first eliminated.

You speak like Krillin and Tien fans are mutually exclusive. Or like we're warring factions.

I love all the human characters* because we grew up with them in Dragonball, so I really don't get this hate mentality towards Krillin from ya that seems to stem almost entirely from wanting Tenshinhan to be stronger than him. What's it matter? Both humans are proving they're capable warriors able to outskill and out technique much more dangerous opponents. They don't have genetic advantages and they work their asses off for all the power they get.

I want Tien to do well in the ToP and I was gutted for you guys when he got nothing in the recruitment stage instead being used to make Roshi of all characters look stronger, but this constant toxic snideness from you over Krillin doesn't make me exactly want to root for him. Hopefully Tenshinhan takes down an opponent before he inevitably goes down.

Not all Krillin fans are as unbaised as you. This stems for over 15 years of Krillin fans dismissing and ignoring things. This stems from the excuses and constant deconstruction of Tenshinhan. For example you say Krillin ran away from Beerus. Krillin fan will say in the movie he was protecting Maron. Yet in the scene where he is running Maron is no where near him. This comes from people calling the Kikoho a pillow attack even though it was more affective than any attack Piccolo or 16 could do.

This is comes from the constant use of the saying Krillins strongest Earthling. Yet Akira has stated Tien is not human. Tiens voice actor says hes not Earthling. In the Daizenshuu and other licensed sources say Tien is a decendant of aliens. Yet they dont even consider the possobility. This comes from the common sense that Krillin stopped training for 11 years while Tenshinhan did not. This comes from Tien officially being stronger 22nd-Sayain saga. Yet we are supposed to take the Guru boost over 260 days Tien spent in 10× gravity on King Kai? And the fact that Tien has out performed, been more impactful, braver and more of a leader Android saga-Revival of Frieza. Yet if youre one sided for Krillin you still stand firm as if all that wasnt true.

And the recruitment arc. We know its filler and a DBS writer confirmed Roshi is not stronger than Tien. Yet people refused to believe him. Because they want so bad for Tien be embarassed because they know they had nothing before this.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:27 pm

Why are you making this a Tien vs Krillin topic? It's just a theory, has nothing to do with Tien being better and vice versa.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:49 pm

JulianStyles wrote:
Akyon wrote:

Not all Krillin fans are as unbaised as you. This stems for over 15 years of Krillin fans dismissing and ignoring things. This stems from the excuses and constant deconstruction of Tenshinhan. For example you say Krillin ran away from Beerus. Krillin fan will say in the movie he was protecting Maron. Yet in the scene where he is running Maron is no where near him. This comes from people calling the Kikoho a pillow attack even though it was more affective than any attack Piccolo or 16 could do.

This is comes from the constant use of the saying Krillins strongest Earthling. Yet Akira has stated Tien is not human. Tiens voice actor says hes not Earthling. In the Daizenshuu and other licensed sources say Tien is a decendant of aliens. Yet they dont even consider the possobility. This comes from the common sense that Krillin stopped training for 11 years while Tenshinhan did not. This comes from Tien officially being stronger 22nd-Sayain saga. Yet we are supposed to take the Guru boost over 260 days Tien spent in 10× gravity on King Kai? And the fact that Tien has out performed, been more impactful, braver and more of a leader Android saga-Revival of Frieza. Yet if youre one sided for Krillin you still stand firm as if all that wasnt true.

And the recruitment arc. We know its filler and a DBS writer confirmed Roshi is not stronger than Tien. Yet people refused to believe him. Because they want so bad for Tien be embarassed because they know they had nothing before this.
Trust me man, I get your points. I've read all your posts. Hell, I've agreed with some those points. The issue with Tenshinhan's alien genetics is it's never addressed in-universe, and we've seen weirder examples of 'Earthlings' than him such as Oolong, Pilaf, King Furry and Chiaoutzu. It's not the human part, it's the Earthling part which is causing the confusion I think. Krillin could easily be "strongest human" and Tien "Strongest...whatever he is" with Chiaoutzu as possible "Strongest Monster type"(unless Tien counts as a monster type due to being an Earthling with alien genetics) and Korin as "Strongest Animal type". Nothing for Yamcha sadly. Strongest Sports Star? There we go.

On the flip side of Tien fans getting grief, I'd like to put forward the case for Krillin fans. Whilst I love all my human/earthlings, I am primarily a Krillin fan as you know; and we have had people constantly putting Krillin down for years saying he's weak or useless, having Toei create unflattering filler whilst both Tenshinhan and Yamcha outperform Krillin within said filler. If we disregeard Super's filler, can we disregard Z's too please? Outside of Krillin ramming Imperfect Cell and saving some kids, it's been pretty unkind to him from a fighting perspective.

We've had Tien and Yamcha take a Cell Jr together and save Goku whilst Krillin just got kicked on the floor.
We've had Tien get an awesome fight in the Bojack movie whilst Krillin only wins because Piccolo is disgusted he had to fight him, forgetting that last time they fought Piccolo was surprised by how quickly Krillin could think on the fly and how tough he was(and he is when you consider how below his opponents he is, it's a wonder he doesn't die MORE), Yamcha defeating him in a silly spar in the Android saga, Krillin and Yamcha only being equals in the otherworld in the Buu saga even though Krillin should be quite a bit ahead of him, etc.
Let's not forget the "Krillin's dead" meme as well as him being treated as the weakest character in the entire series which was the plague of the Krillin fan for years before it inexplicably jumped over to Yamcha instead. Tien's been treated with a lot more respect than Krillin did for years by the fan base...outside the one bone Toriyama threw Krillin's way which caused all the ire for you to begin with.

As for Roshi, he hasn't been stronger than Tenshinhan at any point to my mind. He has useful techniques hence his placement over Yamcha this arc(albeit I still think the Spirit Ball would be a good attack to knock opponents off their feet), but nope he should not have been making Tien look like chump change there. Ideally the episode should of been Roshi VS. Tenshinhan for the entireity but we needed to shoehorn Goku in somehow to the fight and it was to the detriment of Tenshinhan for no reason.

But legitametely here; what are YOUR opinions on what could have caused the DQ as possibly the most outspoken anti-Krillin person on the site?

Do you think he straight up murders a guy? Is that not a little out of character? Sure he's killed before(Saibamen X 3, Some Frieza henchmen and Embryo Cell) but he's a pretty peace loving guy overall.
Do you think he murders someone trying to kill his wife in a desperate plea to save her life? More in character than the above IMO.
Do you think Frost or Frieza frame him? Frieza certainly dislikes Krillin as he gunned for him in RoF and there's definitely a sub plot of the two planning to underhandedly work together.
Do you think he accidentally kills one of the invisible guys Tien sensed before? More in character, if not hilariously so.
Do you think the biology of the parrot fighter is different and by clipping his wings he's accidentally cut a major artery? A long shot here, most alien biology has been the same throughout but you never know.
Or something else? Like a DQ for using a senzu(I kind of doubt it's 18's shades. She'd get the DQ for using it otherwise) to save 18?

I'd rather hear your views and speculation on the theories of the upcoming event than another tirade on my favourite character if that's cool?
Favourite User quote:

"Fuck."

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:59 pm

Nevermind.
Last edited by MainJPW on Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.