The 3 main fights at the end will be....

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Re: The 3 main fights at the end will be....

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:24 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote: U11 is getting owned pretty badly, Jiren is the only powerful fighter they have. All the other members are garbage and Toppo is only an hype job, Hitto will take him out.
Gohan is still weaker than Goku, Frieza and Vegeta, therefore, he will be destroyed sooner than the others. Krillin was also hyped for the tournament and he was the first one to lose.
They're really not getting owned badly though at the moment since we literally don't know how strong all of their members are. We only know that Jiren >>>> Toppo, and Toppo himself is likely > Golden Freeza in power.
There is no way in hell Toppo is stronger than Golden Freeza. Goku as ssjblue was clearly having the upperhand over Toppo.
You can bet your life that if Toppo fights Golden Frieza he will be destroyed in violent fashion.
MagmonKai wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote: U11 is getting owned pretty badly, Jiren is the only powerful fighter they have. All the other members are garbage and Toppo is only an hype job, Hitto will take him out.
Gohan is still weaker than Goku, Frieza and Vegeta, therefore, he will be destroyed sooner than the others. Krillin was also hyped for the tournament and he was the first one to lose.
We haven't seen Dyspo or that General Guy fight. How can you say they're all jobbers?
Actually we saw Dyspo in trouble against a monster, he only has speed like Bhurta, he will be disposed quickly and the General is on his level, he is some kind of cyborg that certainly A-17 will destroy easily.
SSB Goku = Golden Freeza. SSB Goku has the advantage on Toppo, Toppo takes a SSB Kamehameha just fine and even goes on to power up with Goku even responding by feeling the need to go SSBKK, something he never bothered to do against Hitto in his rematch with him or Freeza. The idea at the moment with what we know that Freeza destroys Toppo is laughable.
TBMx wrote:
precita wrote:When Vegeta loses to the fat woman, I wonder how you'll all react.
I'd call it a huge creative blunder. The writers of Yu Gi Oh knew not to have Seto Kaiba lose to Joey Wheeler. But then again they were more talented writers.
That was one of Yu-Gi-Oh's biggest mistakes lol.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:20 am

TBMx wrote:
precita wrote:When Vegeta loses to the fat woman, I wonder how you'll all react.
I'd call it a huge creative blunder. The writers of Yu Gi Oh knew not to have Seto Kaiba lose to Joey Wheeler. But then again they were more talented writers.
That was one of Yu-Gi-Oh's biggest mistakes lol.[/quote]

Not at all. Characters like Kaiba and Vegeta stand or fall on their ego. Break their ego and you break the character. Break the character and they become just like everybody else. The story is that much duller for it.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:20 am

Jigurashi wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: They're really not getting owned badly though at the moment since we literally don't know how strong all of their members are. We only know that Jiren >>>> Toppo, and Toppo himself is likely > Golden Freeza in power.
There is no way in hell Toppo is stronger than Golden Freeza. Goku as ssjblue was clearly having the upperhand over Toppo.
You can bet your life that if Toppo fights Golden Frieza he will be destroyed in violent fashion.
MagmonKai wrote:
We haven't seen Dyspo or that General Guy fight. How can you say they're all jobbers?
Actually we saw Dyspo in trouble against a monster, he only has speed like Bhurta, he will be disposed quickly and the General is on his level, he is some kind of cyborg that certainly A-17 will destroy easily.
SSB Goku = Golden Freeza. SSB Goku ho, Toppas the advantage on Toppo takes a SSB Kamehameha just fine and even goes on to power up with Goku even responding by feeling the need to go SSBKK, something he never bothered to do against Hitto in his rematch with him or Freeza. The idea at the moment with what we know that Freeza destroys Toppo is laughable.
TBMx wrote:
He took SSB Kamehameha just fine? He was panting and Goku was kicking his ass as ssj blue.

You are taking the KK stuff too seriously, Hitto had time skip to counter Goku KK. He never said that he need to go SSBKK, he just wanted to show him what happens when he goes beyond his limits. Toppo is an hype job to make Jiren look terrifying, Hitto or Frieza will smoke him.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:22 am

sintzu wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:Piccolo can't even beat Frost let alone a powerhouse like Hitto.
I know, I mean if he was built up properly from awhile ago then we could've gotten a good fight between them. He most likely wouldn't be able to win but a good fight is a good fight.
Piccolo doesn't have the potential to compete with Hitto. After all these years, he can't even compete with Ultimate Gohan.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:42 am

I see no reason for Piccolo to not be capable of reaching Hit's level if the studio and Toyotaro had incentive to allow it. We already have a precedent of him being trained by a deity in the past, King Kai. Some lessons provided by Whis could easily make him viable again. Would he be on par with the SSJBs? No, but that's why you actually use the established wellsprings for growth like a potential unlock in tandem with God Ki acquisition. I would also propose someone besides Goku actually learning the Kaioken but no one who is part of the official staff has thought of this concept yet for some reason.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:53 am

Lionel wrote:I see no reason for Piccolo to not be capable of reaching Hit's level if the studio and Toyotaro had incentive to allow it. We already have a precedent of him being trained by a deity in the past, King Kai. Some lessons provided by Whis could easily make him viable again. Would he be on par with the SSJBs? No, but that's why you actually use the established wellsprings for growth like a potential unlock in tandem with God Ki acquisition. I would also propose someone besides Goku actually learning the Kaioken but no one who is part of the official staff has thought of this concept yet for some reason.
Because, Hitto is ssj Blue level and Piccolo could never achieve that kind of power, besides, Hitto also could train with Vados and Piccolo would be in the same point he started again. Too much difference in potential. I agree that Tenshinhan should have learned the Kaioken, because, he stayed longer than Goku in Kaio's planet.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:04 am

Could never? By who's criterion did you base that assessment? These characters' respective strengths are dictated by the whims and needs of Toyotaro and the anime studio. Any uppermost threshold has always been shattered if the willingness to do so was there. It's why you have the elite of Freeza's army being outclassed by a lowly native of a backwater planet like Earth within a day's time back during the Namek arc. I don't believe this occasion is any different.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:18 am

Lionel wrote:Could never? By who's criterion did you base that assessment? These characters' respective strengths are dictated by the whims and needs of Toyotaro and the anime studio. Any uppermost threshold has always been shattered if the willingness to do so was there. It's why you have the elite of Freeza's army being outclassed by a lowly native of a backwater planet like Earth within a day's time back during the Namek arc. I don't believe this occasion is any different.
Piccolo is not a saiyajin. Do you understand the difference? He is out of the big league since Cell arc. He did nothing in the majin buu arc or in db super. The only merit he has is that he surpassed Gohan ssj2, nothing else and yet he was easily owned by ultimate Gohan.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:36 am

I'm sorry, since when did ethnological genetics singularly determine a person's plateau? Is the insinuation that the Saiyan species, with their moniker for being inherently primed for combat, grounds to assert they have no limits whatsoever themselves? It's strange how out of untold dozens, if not hundreds to thousands of planetary races the Saiyans alone would harbour the proverbial goldmine of strength potential which no other group in all the multiverses has the capacity for matching. Is the insinuation that a single mortal species has no limits whatsoever for no reason other than a predisposition for combat?

These arbitrary boundaries have already been shattered time and again throughout the series dating far back to when Goku survived the Choshinsui's poisonous effects, thus "unlocking" his potential -- only we know how that panned out since he
was trained by Kami afterwards, breaking said limitations by a large amount even before the start of Z. Achievements like that aren't exclusive to Saiyans, neither. Krillin continued to progress in strength long after he had "all" of his dormant potential released by the Grand Elder.

It seems as though the difference between someone like Piccolo succeeding and Saiyans is the tools and opportunities given. I see absolutely no reason why he couldn't acquire God Ki through training with Whis in order to make himself a viable competitor again. Frankly, the opposing arguments seem to stem from the same mentality asserting how certain characters had "maxed out" at some arbitrary lowpoint number. If Chaozu wasn't depicted as having been admitted for training by King Kai then some would likely be arguing whether he could endure 10x normal gravity because of form, even if his power level exceeded the number Goku was initially at when experiencing it.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:25 pm

TBMx wrote:Vegeta's not going to lose to fatty. Come on people. I know Toei hates Vegeta but they don't hate money. They want to sell Vegeta merch, not teletubby toys.

Beyond that I really can't call it. I know if I was writing, I would do what the OP predicted with the addition of reintroducing Gogeta, but with Toriyama and Toei who can say.

I don't think some of the posters realize whats at stake here for Vegeta though. His credibility as Goku's rival is at stake. He can either stay as Goku's rival or he can go the way of Piccolo and Tien. If he loses to Hit again, or worse, teletubby, his character is once and for all buried. Forever. He's done.
Remember Majin Buu? Also, who cares if she's fat?

A lot of people think Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Freeza, Toppo, Jiren and Hit will be the last remaining fighters, but I don't think this will happen because It would be too predictable.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:49 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote: There is no way in hell Toppo is stronger than Golden Freeza. Goku as ssjblue was clearly having the upperhand over Toppo.

SSB Goku = Golden Freeza. SSB Goku ho, Toppas the advantage on Toppo takes a SSB Kamehameha just fine and even goes on to power up with Goku even responding by feeling the need to go SSBKK, something he never bothered to do against Hitto in his rematch with him or Freeza. The idea at the moment with what we know that Freeza destroys Toppo is laughable.
TBMx wrote:
He took SSB Kamehameha just fine? He was panting and Goku was kicking his ass as ssj blue.

You are taking the KK stuff too seriously, Hitto had time skip to counter Goku KK. He never said that he need to go SSBKK, he just wanted to show him what happens when he goes beyond his limits. Toppo is an hype job to make Jiren look terrifying, Hitto or Frieza will smoke him.
No the problem is you're underselling Toppo. He took it the SSB Kamehameha, and worse more angry at his outfit being ripped a bit then actually being hit by the attack. He then proceeds to power up, if Goku could have taken him down in SSB, he would have. Hitto didn't have Tokitobashi to counter KK anymore. Goku claimed Tokitobashi didn't work on him anymore and Hitto himself said that he wouldn't be as so "charitable" to use Tokitobashi on Goku again. Nothing you have said indicates someone like Freeza is stomping him.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:17 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: SSB Goku = Golden Freeza. SSB Goku ho, Toppas the advantage on Toppo takes a SSB Kamehameha just fine and even goes on to power up with Goku even responding by feeling the need to go SSBKK, something he never bothered to do against Hitto in his rematch with him or Freeza. The idea at the moment with what we know that Freeza destroys Toppo is laughable.

No the problem is you're underselling Toppo. He took it the SSB Kamehameha, and worse more angry at his outfit being ripped a bit then actually being hit by the attack. He then proceeds to power up, if Goku could have taken him down in SSB, he would have. Hitto didn't have Tokitobashi to counter KK anymore. Goku claimed Tokitobashi didn't work on him anymore and Hitto himself said that he wouldn't be as so "charitable" to use Tokitobashi on Goku again. Nothing you have said indicates someone like Freeza is stomping him.
I'm not underselling Toppo, you are the one overestimating Toppo. He didn't took the SSB Kamehameha like nothing, he had several bruises and he was panting like a bitch. Goku was playing with him too smiling all the time, Goku didn't need KK to beat Gohan and he used it anyway. Goku trembled in fear when he faced Hitto a second time.

Saying that Hitto can't use Tokitobashi is nonsense, it his special ability, Goku was full of shit and presumed he could predict Hitto's moves, but, then, Hitto would use Seichō to counter Goku and they would end up doing the same kind of fight as pointed out by the others when they fought a second time.

Of course, Hitto wanted to present Goku with a new challenge and the second time, he created a separate space with the time he's skipped through Tokitobashi. Therefore, we can say that this space that he created is a variation from Tokitobashi.

Regarding Frieza, you are forgetting an important detail, the Goku who fought Toppo the first time isn't the same who is fighting now, ie, Goku and Frieza are now stronger and as result, if Frieza fights Toppo, he will smoke him.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:20 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:Remember Majin Buu ?
Do you mean Buu leaving the torunament or Vegeta's fight with him ? If you mean their fight then why ? not only did he beat him up but his sacrifice was one of the franchise's best scenes.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:18 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:
TBMx wrote:Vegeta's not going to lose to fatty. Come on people. I know Toei hates Vegeta but they don't hate money. They want to sell Vegeta merch, not teletubby toys.

Beyond that I really can't call it. I know if I was writing, I would do what the OP predicted with the addition of reintroducing Gogeta, but with Toriyama and Toei who can say.

I don't think some of the posters realize whats at stake here for Vegeta though. His credibility as Goku's rival is at stake. He can either stay as Goku's rival or he can go the way of Piccolo and Tien. If he loses to Hit again, or worse, teletubby, his character is once and for all buried. Forever. He's done.
Remember Majin Buu? Also, who cares if she's fat?

A lot of people think Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Freeza, Toppo, Jiren and Hit will be the last remaining fighters, but I don't think this will happen because It would be too predictable.
Majin Buu was the arch villain of the saga. Ribeanne... is not.

I care. She looks like crap. Some designs can pull off fat. She however, looks like a joke character. To have Vegeta beaten by a joke character in the tournament is a bad move because honestly his character is hanging by a thread.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:34 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: SSB Goku = Golden Freeza. SSB Goku ho, Toppas the advantage on Toppo takes a SSB Kamehameha just fine and even goes on to power up with Goku even responding by feeling the need to go SSBKK, something he never bothered to do against Hitto in his rematch with him or Freeza. The idea at the moment with what we know that Freeza destroys Toppo is laughable.

I agree with the notion that Freeza is superior. Not only did Toppo get worked against Goku, but Goku from all intent and measures was not going 100% where as with Freeza he was 100% without a doubt. Top that with the fact Freeza punched the ssb out of goku with one punch...sure Goku powered up to ssbkk..but I think like many times he was showing off. Besides It makes sense from every angle to have Freeza defeat toppo.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:46 pm

julianix wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:

I agree with the notion that Freeza is superior. Not only did Toppo get worked against Goku, but Goku from all intent and measures was not going 100% where as with Freeza he was 100% without a doubt. Top that with the fact Freeza punched the ssb out of goku with one punch...sure Goku powered up to ssbkk..but I think like many times he was showing off. Besides It makes sense from every angle to have Freeza defeat toppo.
Exactly.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:13 pm

julianix wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:

I'm not saying Freeza can't beat Toppo, I'm saying he isn't stomping Toppo.

Snakeway Skywalker
Beyond Newbie

Post by Snakeway Skywalker » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:33 am

sintzu wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Ribrianne could take out Vegeta.
There's no way a nobody like her is taking him out.
I think it's more likely that she'll take out Roshi, or one of the other girls on her team will. Like everyone else is saying, it'll be a real comical moment when Roshi is fighting a female fighter and realizes that he can't overcome his weakness of perviness.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:47 pm

I think Hitto will fight Vegeta.

Snakeway Skywalker
Beyond Newbie

Post by Snakeway Skywalker » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:19 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:I think Hitto will fight Vegeta.
But will he eliminate Vegeta?