Jiren vs Hit would be a great match up!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kishido
Banned

Jiren vs Hit would be a great match up!

Post by Kishido » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:42 am

We know if it truly happens that Jiren will win BUT maybe it will be mentioned by Jiren himself that Hit couldn't go all out again with the killing moves restricted.

Further more Jiren MAYBE is a perfect counter to Hit's time skip. Jiren isn't moving most of the time cuz it's his style and instead is predicting movements... Goku predicted Hit's moves in the U6 tournament as well to be able to fight him. But Jiren sems to do it on a completely different level doing it so he maybe can even predict Hit's evovled skips as well.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Jiren vs Hit would be a great match up!

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:47 am

Hit should have evolved further, like every Pokemon does

Dbs writer mentioned something along the lines of improved hit, hit is the biggest threat after jiren, maybe even there with jiren because of how gimmicky he is..
Their matchup can ho either way, but if someone like Goku teams up with hit, jiren should go down
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:54 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Hit should have evolved further, like every Pokemon does

Dbs writer mentioned something along the lines of improved hit, hit is the biggest threat after jiren, maybe even there with jiren because of how gimmicky he is..
Their matchup can ho either way, but if someone like Goku teams up with hit, jiren should go down
I wouldn't say any of what you said is confirmed but that there's a chance of that existing. Jiren is an unknown at the moment. For all we know you could be right in that a Goku + Hitto team up could take him out. It's also just as possible he's just too much for even a team up of people of Goku and Hitto's current levels.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:17 am

I'm pretty sure Jiren would have Hit like a crumpled ball in the trash they way they are hyping him.

The only person who will be able to touch him is Goku and probably only after a new transformation.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:31 am

[spoiler]If Jiren's power is prediction, then yes it should be a great fight against someone who can stop time.[/spoiler]
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:58 am

I'd love to see Jiren fight Hit. That's actually my dream match for the tournament.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:40 am

It has a predictable outcome with a similar setup to all of the other occasions where a previously big powerhouse is faced with the present arc's major powerhouse. Remember Jackie Chun vs Tenshinhan or Hero vs Piccolo Jr? Similar arrangement, just a different backdrop and with a creative new tournament format.

I would be more interested if the outcome of the battle didn't immediately condemn Hit to failure. Having him retreat to fight another minute or ten would be a good change of pace from how these types of battles have been acted out previously.

Saitou Hajime
Beyond Newbie

Post by Saitou Hajime » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:10 am

Wanna bet that these guys are just going to do the dramatic staredown, then get interrupted by the other competitors before anything serious gets going (ala every ever confrontation between major superstars in the Royal Rumble)?

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:30 am

Personally I'd rather see Hit Vs. Toppo to give Hit a fighting chance(we all know Jiren's the final boss set up for Goku) but I can't see Hit going down to anyone BUT Jiren at this point.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:19 pm

Hit's going to lose to Vegeta

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:33 pm

They will probably have Hit fight Jiren and lose just to show off how powerful Jiren is.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:59 pm

Looking at the resume for the next episode, it seems Hitto knows Jiren. We can't forget how good Hitto is at finding out the background of other characters, after all, he is known as the infallible assassin. We know that Goku is fighting Jiren in the end, so, it is problematic for Hitto to beat him, but it depends, Hitto can go for the kill since defeat means death.
Honestly, i think Hitto is beating Toppo and Golden Frieza in a great fight, but, i can be wrong. Jiren will destroy Vegeta and Goku can team up with Hitto to beat Jiren, but, in the process maybe Jiren will beat Hitto.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:07 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:Looking at the resume for the next episode, it seems Hitto knows Jiren. We can't forget how good Hitto is at finding out the background of other characters, after all, he is known as the infallible assassin. We know that Goku is fighting Jiren in the end, so, it is problematic for Hitto to beat him, but it depends, Hitto can go for the kill since defeat means death.
Honestly, i think Hitto is beating Toppo and Golden Frieza in a great fight, but, i can be wrong. Jiren will destroy Vegeta and Goku can team up with Hitto to beat Jiren, but, in the process maybe Jiren will beat Hitto.
Just curious what at all from the NEP indicates Hitto knows Jiren? We don't even know if their brief scenes in the NEP mean that they're even confronting each other.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:16 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:Looking at the resume for the next episode, it seems Hitto knows Jiren. We can't forget how good Hitto is at finding out the background of other characters, after all, he is known as the infallible assassin. We know that Goku is fighting Jiren in the end, so, it is problematic for Hitto to beat him, but it depends, Hitto can go for the kill since defeat means death.
Just curious what at all from the NEP indicates Hitto knows Jiren? We don't even know if their brief scenes in the NEP mean that they're even confronting each other.
Hitto takes the hands from his pockets and looks surprised, then, we see Jiren looking at someone implying he is looking at Hitto unfased.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:24 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Hitto takes the hands from his pockets and looks surprised, then, we see Jiren looking at someone implying he is looking at Hitto unfased.
Maybe, though weren't there spoilers of Jiren encountering Kale?

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:22 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: Just curious what at all from the NEP indicates Hitto knows Jiren? We don't even know if their brief scenes in the NEP mean that they're even confronting each other.
Maybe, though weren't there spoilers of Jiren encountering Kale?
It is possible as well.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:07 pm

Hit is tough for me, we like Hit, he's our main hero's previous rival and we don't want him to lose to just anybody. But we know that Toppo is hella strong too. Therefore, I think hit will lose to Toppo. I can see vegeta and gohan beating toppo and Dyspo. But I think they're saving Jiren for Goku, no body has fought him yet.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:19 pm

I rather have Hit fight with toppo than Jiren. It will hurt to see Hit getting bodied after him being the guy since Uni 6 arc. Plus Toppo beating him would still put over Jiren.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:21 pm

MagmonKai wrote:Hit is tough for me, we like Hit, he's our main hero's previous rival and we don't want him to lose to just anybody. But we know that Toppo is hella strong too. Therefore, I think hit will lose to Toppo. I can see vegeta and gohan beating toppo and Dyspo. But I think they're saving Jiren for Goku, no body has fought him yet.
Mark my words Toppo won't beat Hitto. Goku was having the upperhand against Toppo while Hitto was having the upperhand against Goku and it was stated Hitto progressed immensily since the last tournament.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:28 pm

Crossing my fingers for this fight. It would be really cool, though unfortunately Hit still has a handicap, with the 'no killing' rule still in effect. But it would be interesting to see if Hit's time skip work on Jiren well enough to do damage.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.