What are your expectations for Piccolo in the tournament?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Re: What are you expectations for Piccolo in the tournament?

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:32 am

Torturephile wrote:Not excited for him. He hasn't impressed me in Super (and in the Buu saga) thus far, and I can see him getting his limbs ripped off the same way TFS Nail had his. He could take on some random fighters and defeat them using strategy, then he glances at one of the top guys and gets kicked out.
That's what i think as well. I liked the part where he gets his limbs ripped off. :lol: I hope it happens.
Ki Breaker wrote:
Kanassa wrote: a new version of the Special Beam Cannon: The Special Beam Bitch Slap
Here he bitch slaps himself before anyone else gets a chance to do so..
Goes down with his pride intact, it's the perfect strategy
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That would be priceless!
Last edited by Shinda Forever on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

aravinthan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by aravinthan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:27 am

Roronoa-pt wrote:My script for Piccolo:

He'll beat the Namek from U6 in the upcoming episode " A familiar race ? Nameksenjins fierce battle"
He and Gohan will beat Dyspo and Kasheral in the upcoming episode "Ultimate Combination! Student and Master subarashi no power!"
Where did you get that info from???!!

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:30 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:He'll take out a few mid-tier guys and then get taken out pretty unceremoniously. What I'd actually like to see is for Piccolo to dodge out of the way of an attack and let Gohan eat the full brunt of it for once. I know he probably never will, but still.
Gohan saving himself for once? :lol:
Anyways i am expecting the usual he sacrifices himself for Gohan thing,oh yeah he will get his arm cut off as well because why not?
It may as well be part of his fighting style at this point.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:26 pm

I think Piccolo might take down a strong opponent by working together with Gohan. It sounds kind of a cliché (and it is) but I also see Piccolo going out of bounds to save Gohan, either pushing him out of the way, or taking said opponent down with himself.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:00 pm

I expect a great combo between Gohan and Piccolo to take down a relatively big name. No way in hell it'll be Jiren, Hit and unlikely to even be Toppo, but I could see Dypso and Karhsel vs. Gohan and Piccolo being a great battle.

I don't think he'll not take anyone out before he goes at the very least. Might get thrown out of bounds but use his crazy reach to hold on to the ledge.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:33 pm

aravinthan wrote:
Roronoa-pt wrote:My script for Piccolo:

He'll beat the Namek from U6 in the upcoming episode " A familiar race ? Nameksenjins fierce battle"
He and Gohan will beat Dyspo and Kasheral in the upcoming episode "Ultimate Combination! Student and Master subarashi no power!"
Where did you get that info from???!!
He literally started his post by saying its his own script.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

aravinthan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by aravinthan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:35 pm

:lol: :lol:
Missed the first line

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:59 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
Torturephile wrote:Not excited for him. He hasn't impressed me in Super (and in the Buu saga) thus far, and I can see him getting his limbs ripped off the same way TFS Nail had his. He could take on some random fighters and defeat them using strategy, then he glances at one of the top guys and gets kicked out.
That's what i think as well. I liked the part where he gets his limbs ripped off. :lol: I hope it happens.
But I'll look at it in the bright side, at least he can use his dismembered limbs to shoot blasts at others like he did with Gohan.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:05 am

Torturephile wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
But I'll look at it in the bright side, at least he can use his dismembered limbs to shoot blasts at others like he did with Gohan.
This just makes me think back to when Frieza was cutting off Nail#s arm. Could Nail have taken him by surprise?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:07 am

Piccolo's my favorite character and has been for ages, but I don't see him lasting long. He's always been under the radar, and he was the only non Saiyan Z fighter to keep up with the Saiyans for as long as he did, but he's simply a background character now. I hope he puts on a showing equal to if not better than Krillin's performance.

The best thing for a Piccolo fan is to keep your expectations low, and anything pleasantly unexpected is just extra gravy.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:09 am

Kanassa wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote: That's what i think as well. I liked the part where he gets his limbs ripped off. :lol: I hope it happens.
This just makes me think back to when Frieza was cutting off Nail#s arm. Could Nail have taken him by surprise?
Naw Nail was too worried that Freeza would make him use that broken off arm as a back scratcher.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:00 pm

omaro34 wrote:Piccolo's my favorite character and has been for ages, but I don't see him lasting long. He's always been under the radar, and he was the only non Saiyan Z fighter to keep up with the Saiyans for as long as he did, but he's simply a background character now. I hope he puts on a showing equal to if not better than Krillin's performance.

The best thing for a Piccolo fan is to keep your expectations low, and anything pleasantly unexpected is just extra gravy.
Mmm i wonder how low it is,after all Piccolo's treatment in rof and U6 arc was unexpected but not in a good way.