Happy 100th episode Super!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Happy 100th episode Super!

Post by precita » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:49 pm

I can't believe Super has already hit the 100th episode milestone. Unbelieveable. It doesn't even feel that long ago that Super started, and we're already 100 episodes in. I remember when people thought we wouldn't surpass GT. LOL. :lol:

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Happy 100th episode Super!

Post by Lionel » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:09 pm

To be honest, I almost would prefer if the retellings of BoG and RoF weren't included. The first properly exclusive and original arc of Super came in the Champa arc -- even so, I am happy to see how far Super has come since it first began. Congratulations to it. Any guesses as to how long it will continue?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:11 pm

YaY! Happy 100th Episode!!!!

So far the only thing I have truly disliked in Super was the RoF arc, purely because of its poor execution, other then that, while it is not perfect, I have loved this show from practically start to finish.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:31 pm

Happy 100 Dragon Ball Super, glad it exists and that it made it so far. It has had its flaws, but the new arc is reconciling me with it. For the previous ones, the manga makes it up, so I'm fine.

As homege, a view back on what was happening in DB and DBZ in episodes 100:

DB: Goku and Tenshinhan were fighting the final of the 22nd martial art tournament. Tenshinhan used the Kikoho for the first time and totally demolished the arena.

DBZ: Goku was fighting against Freeza in Namek, already in SS form and the tyrant in his final bulked form. In Earth Mr Popo made his wish, all those killed by Freeza and his army were revived.
Heno heno kappa!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:16 pm

Basako wrote: As homege, a view back on what was happening in DB and DBZ in episodes 100:

DB: Goku and Tenshinhan were fighting the final of the 22nd martial art tournament. Tenshinhan used the Kikoho for the first time and totally demolished the arena.

DBZ: Goku was fighting against Freeza in Namek, already in SS form and the tyrant in his final bulked form. In Earth Mr Popo made his wish, all those killed by Freeza and his army were revived.
Man...it weirdly feels like so much more happened in both Dragonball and DBZ by the 100th episode in than Super. I'm not sure why, but given all the characters/plots/stories they did back then it feel like it all happened faster...even if Super's arcs are shorter.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:20 pm

Happy 100th episode, Super.

Rollercoaster of a show. Parts I've loved, parts I strongly disliked, parts I'm weirdly ambivalent about.

Good luck with wherever this arc ends. I hope the next arc is more exciting. I'm kinda meh right now, but I want things to get better because they've shown they're capable.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:36 pm

There's a brief article with a comment from Nozawa on reaching 100 episodes: http://www.animatetimes.com/news/detail ... 1500641820
100話ってあっという間なのね! 聞いてびっくりしました! これならまたあっという間に200話もいっちゃいそう! 最近は、ファンの人たちからのメッセージが毎日のように私のところに届いて嬉しいです。外を歩いてても「毎週観てます」とか「面白いです」ってよく声かけてもらいますし。ドラゴンボールの個数にちなんで「ドラゴンボール超」も700話を目指しますので、ファンの皆さん、引続き応援宜しくお願いしますね。
Was working on my own translation, but Herms beat me to it :lol: https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/888572303998464000
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:17 pm

sailorspazz wrote:There's a brief article with a comment from Nozawa on reaching 100 episodes: http://www.animatetimes.com/news/detail ... 1500641820
100話ってあっという間なのね! 聞いてびっくりしました! これならまたあっという間に200話もいっちゃいそう! 最近は、ファンの人たちからのメッセージが毎日のように私のところに届いて嬉しいです。外を歩いてても「毎週観てます」とか「面白いです」ってよく声かけてもらいますし。ドラゴンボールの個数にちなんで「ドラゴンボール超」も700話を目指しますので、ファンの皆さん、引続き応援宜しくお願いしますね。
Was working on my own translation, but Herms beat me to it :lol: https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/888572303998464000
Masako Nozawa wants to reach 700 episodes?! JESUS :lol:

Damn we've reached triple digits! Has it really been 2 years since the series started? I can still remember the shit-storm that was the episode 5 backlash like it was yesterday. The show really has come a long way in terms of quality. It is much MUCH better than when it first started. Kudos to everyone working on the show, you can definitely tell that they wanted to make up for Super's rough beginning.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:07 pm

LOL @ 700 episodes. As sad as it sounds, I don't think she'll still be healthy enough to act that long given she's already 82.

Realistically I can see Super ending around 200 episodes.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:14 am

Happy 100th episodes Super :mrgreen:

It wasn't too long ago that people didn't think it would surpass the champa arc but here we are 2 arcs later and it's still going strong.

Here's hoping we'll be celebrating its 200th episode soon :clap:
precita wrote:LOL @ 700 episodes. As sad as it sounds, I don't think she'll still be healthy enough to act that long given she's already 82.
She might be talking about DB as a whole. overall we're at 608 so 700 isn't far off.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:52 am

sailorspazz wrote:There's a brief article with a comment from Nozawa on reaching 100 episodes: http://www.animatetimes.com/news/detail ... 1500641820

Nozowa says :
"my goal for the show is to reach 700 episodes"... Uh-huh

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:33 am

"We've reached 100 episodes in a nutshell! I was very surprised when I heard that! At this rate, we will probably reach the 200 episodes in another blink of an eye! Lately I get messages from fans at home every day. It makes me so happy. Even when I walk, people often tell me "I watch the series every week" or "it's so exciting"! My goal is that Dragon Ball Super reaches 700 episodes (7 for the number of Dragon Balls), so dear fans, keep encouraging me!"

It's good to know we'll most likely get 200 episodes. I also think we can surpass Z's 291 episodes. It sounds a bit crazy now but so did 100 episodes in 2015.

Another thing this somewhat confirms is that Toriyama has a lot of stories to tell which is great.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:21 am

Lionel wrote:To be honest, I almost would prefer if the retellings of BoG and RoF weren't included. The first properly exclusive and original arc of Super came in the Champa arc -- even so, I am happy to see how far Super has come since it first began. Congratulations to it. Any guesses as to how long it will continue?
thats not 100% correct. all those episodes showing vegeta and goku train in beerus planet prior to ressurection F were super importent. while in RF the movie they automaticlly have the blue form out of nowhere. in super they shown us their charecter development that led to them acheiving the blue form. those episodes were super importent (no pun intented)

and actually both BOG and RF arcs for me were much better in super. more charecter development. longer fights. better in every way expect 1 and thats the animation in the RF sega. but still the RF sega has superior fighting choroagrophy. the goku vs frieza fight in RF was really mediocore. it was all warm up until frieza got exusted

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:02 am

They grow up so fast :(
I still remember those rumours about super being canceled before ep 50 :lol:
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:02 am

To think we come this far after it felt forever we were drowning with the retellings... :lol:

100 eps flew by. Looking forward to many more episodes of enjoyment!

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:07 am

Happy 100 episodes DBS. Despite a few bumps, it still has that mix of cartoonish fun, comedic antics and intense action that defines DB.

Looking forward to more from Super! :thumbup: :clap:
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:13 am

Episode 100 hype!

Super has gotten better now, it would be a shame if it stopped before 200..
Also, Gokus voice actress.. hot damn 700 episodes? Seriously..
Not like I would mind, it's just that it took nearly 2 years for 100 episodes, we are looking at a solid 14 years total here..
I don't think anyone among the current members are gonna stick around that long..
Unless she means Dragonball in total having 700 episodes, that's easier to buy
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:19 am

Man, the last two years have freaking flown by. People thought Super would crash and burn after Episode 5... and look at where we are now. 100 episodes. There's no telling for how long the show will end. But as long as I enjoy the ride (which I have for the most part), that's all that matters.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:04 pm

Basako wrote:Happy 100 Dragon Ball Super, glad it exists and that it made it so far. It has had its flaws, but the new arc is reconciling me with it. For the previous ones, the manga makes it up, so I'm fine.

As homege, a view back on what was happening in DB and DBZ in episodes 100:

And now here we are:

DBS: Goku, Tenshinhan AND Freeza all fighting together on the same team at the Tournament of Power.

Funny coincidence, isn't it?

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:26 pm

Xeogran wrote: And now here we are:

DBS: Goku, Tenshinhan AND Freeza all fighting together on the same team at the Tournament of Power.

Funny coincidence, isn't it?
Indeed, who would have imagined something like this back then. DB has gone totally crazy, in the good sense.
Heno heno kappa!