Theory: Future Zeno is Zamasu

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Theory: Future Zeno is Zamasu

Post by Zagacious » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:52 pm

Now I'm not saying it's definitely true or that I actually believe it, but there some major clues pointing to it being possible, I'm not the one who came up with this theory but I've put together a few ideas they had into a more concise and debatable format.

1. The Future Zeno acts slightly differently than the present Zeno. I didn't really pay attention to this until now, but there are some minor differences. It could be accounted for because one is in an entirely different timeline, but this brings up the question of Zeno's power, why is he able to be cloned in such a way, he should be immune to the effects of time you would think.

2. The Tournament's end goal of erasing serves no real purpose (that we know of) but to destroy mortals, Zamasu's main goal.

3. It's a perfect disguise and also brings up the question how would Zamasu and Black Goku who should be way below Beerus at this point destroy all the gods as he claimed, unless he swapped bodies with Zeno, but then why we wouldn't he just destroy Goku then? Maybe to bring them to all to their own destruction in the Tournament.

4. Future Zeno was almost too eager to destroy the Future timeline. A few seconds of observation and he's going to erase the entire existence? Seems almost like it was planned beforehand.

5. It's the perfect way for Zamasu to actually take over. Assuming Zeno is not infinitely powerful, Zamasu has a better chance of taking on the real Zeno if less of the universes are around to help. He can bide his time and manipulate the gods until its the perfect time to take over or manipulate the real Zeno somehow.
Last edited by Zagacious on Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: Theory: Future Zeno is Zamasu

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:26 pm

This made me chuckle quite a bit. I'm gonna take the bait and answer this 100% seriously, since I'm almost certain that someone out there actually believes this.
Zagacious wrote:1. The Future Zeno acts slightly differently than the present Zeno. I didn't really pay attention to this until now, but there are some minor differences. It could be accounted for because one is in an entirely different timeline, but this brings up the question of Zeno's power, why is he able to be cloned in such a way, he should be immune to the effects of time you would think.
Why? There's no reason he shouldn't be subject to the laws of time. The only differences between the two are which hand they raise, you can't even tell the difference between the two.
Zagacious wrote:2. The Tournament serves no real purpose (that we know of) but to destroy mortals, Zamasu's main goal.
Firstly, the purpose of the tournament is to eliminate Universes, not humans, which is strongly opposed to Zamasu's goals. He wanted to kill humans because they tarnished the world, so Zeno's current course would be opposite to Zamasu's ultimate objectives. We also know of three other reasons the tournament is happening. 1: Zeno needed an excuse to clean out his crowded-ass garage. 2: Zeno likes watching martial arts tournaments. 3: Goku's Zeno's friend, and they had already agreed to hold a tournament again someday.
Zagacious wrote:3. It's a perfect disguise and also brings up the question how would Zamasu and Black Goku who should be way below Beerus at this point destroy all the gods as he claimed, unless he swapped bodies with Zeno, but then why we wouldn't he just destroy Goku then? Maybe to bring them to all to their own destruction in the Tournament.
This is the point where I initially realized this was a joke. All Zamasu had to do to handle the Gods of Destruction was kill the Kaioshin, since their lives are linked to one another. Though since you mentioned it, switching bodies with Zeno is infinitely more sensible than Goku, which is one of the huge flaws in the FT Arc to begin with.
Zagacious wrote:4. Future Zeno was almost too eager to destroy the Future timeline. A few seconds of observation and he's going to erase the entire existence? Seems almost like it was planned beforehand.
See response to point #1. Zamasu has no interest in destroying the Universe. On the contrary, he kills humans as a method of purifying it. Also, Zeno literally destroyed the world in response to Zamasu's bullshit.
Zagacious wrote:5. It's the perfect way for Zamasu to actually take over. Assuming Zeno is not infinitely powerful, Zamasu has a better chance of taking on the real Zeno if less of the universes are around to help. He can bide his time and manipulate the gods until its the perfect time to take over or manipulate the real Zeno somehow.
Retired.

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:40 pm

I don't believe this theory.

But I'm pretty sure Toriyama and Toei are trying to tell us something when they constantly show Future Zeno raising the wrong hand and trying to imitate present Zeno. I find that very suspicious. And it can't be just a gag!!

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:27 pm

Hit!! wrote:I don't believe this theory.

But I'm pretty sure Toriyama and Toei are trying to tell us something when they constantly show Future Zeno raising the wrong hand and trying to imitate present Zeno. I find that very suspicious. And it can't be just a gag!!

Why can't it be so we'll know which one is the future zeno. Like you guys said there's nothing else really telling us which is which as they don't age/differ of the years. I think it's safe to say these Zeno's are no more evil than people think they are now--such as holding a ToP to eliminate universes.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:04 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:Why? There's no reason he shouldn't be subject to the laws of time. The only differences between the two are which hand they raise, you can't even tell the difference between the two.
While it's not explicitly stated that Zeno is all powerful, it's still nothing to ignore that he has a sort of weakness.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:Firstly, the purpose of the tournament is to eliminate Universes, not humans, which is strongly opposed to Zamasu's goals. He wanted to kill humans because they tarnished the world, so Zeno's current course would be opposite to Zamasu's ultimate objectives. We also know of three other reasons the tournament is happening. 1: Zeno needed an excuse to clean out his crowded-ass garage. 2: Zeno likes watching martial arts tournaments. 3: Goku's Zeno's friend, and they had already agreed to hold a tournament again someday.
The tournament itself is not in question but the fact he is erasing them.
1. That's not a reason, too many universes is not an explanation.
2. That's a reason to hold tournaments, but it has nothing to do with erasing.
3. Again, the tournament and erasing are entirely separate things

The rest of your arguments all come down to the 'Humans' argument:
I believe that's either an error in translation, or by humans he meant humanoids. Because Zamasu also specifically said 'Humans' when he was looking at the Dinosaur people and referring to their actions. It also contradicts his actions to say that he was only going after humans, because why would he go after all life and gods if he just wanted to destroy Humans from Earth?

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:26 am

Hit!! wrote:I don't believe this theory.

I do think its possible they will disagree at some point and possibly erase eachother simultaniously.

However that is just a theory. It could very well just be a gag. Hes from a sort of timeline like our own but different. It makes sense as a gag.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:32 am

I don't think that's how it is, because that's how the manga version needs to work as well, and managa Zamasu(s) straight up ran away from zeno..
I can't see a place where he could have taken zeno over
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:37 am

Ki Breaker wrote:I don't think that's how it is, because that's how the manga version needs to work as well, and managa Zamasu(s) straight up ran away from zeno..
Also as far as we know, aside from making a wish on the Super Dragon Balls Zamasu has no body swapping or invading technique.

Its also why I believe the universes shouldnt be able to be wished back. If Zamasu cant be granted immortality from Zeno its obvious his power is stronger than Super Shenron. Once something is erased I think its gone without a trace.

Perhaps there will be another way to a "Happy Ending"
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:51 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote: Perhaps there will be another way to a "Happy Ending"
They get to eat pudding before they die..
Best. Ending. Ever
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:40 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:This is the point where I initially realized this was a joke. All Zamasu had to do to handle the Gods of Destruction was kill the Kaioshin, since their lives are linked to one another. Though since you mentioned it, switching bodies with Zeno is infinitely more sensible than Goku, which is one of the huge flaws in the FT Arc to begin with.
That makes sense he could get away with destroying a universe or 3 that way, but as mentioned in the previous episode last week Whis can detect if other universes/gods are existing. Even the Kaioshin which are not that strong can sense the destruction from far away. The manner in which Angels can pretty much teleport anywhere ( at least Whis,Vados and Grand Priest have) makes it unlikely he could get away with killing 2 or more universes without being noticed and forced to fight Gods of Destruction.

Now at the time of that episode the writers probably weren't thinking ahead when they said he destroyed all the gods, and it's possible he was just bragging/exaggerating to intimidate them, but still it exists so we have to take it into account.
Ki Breaker wrote:I don't think that's how it is, because that's how the manga version needs to work as well, and managa Zamasu(s) straight up ran away from zeno..
That doesn't prove that the Zamasu shown running away wasn't just a copy of the original Zamasu and knew or didn't know that the actual Zamasu was in Zeno's body and going to erase him. It wouldn't benefit Zamasu to tell anyone that he has taken Zeno's body, even his own copy, it's more convincing if it looks like Zamasu just failed at his attempt and 'Zeno' came in to erase it. Zamasu is not hesitant to manipulate the timeline so it's possibly there are 3 or more of them running around or dead in other timelines.

It's kind of strange that Zamasu would know about the Zeno button he gave Goku, but it'd be pretty easy to figure out based on all the other stuff he achieved, or it's a button that simply alerts Zeno no matter who is 'inhabiting' his body, or simply by taking Goku's body he knew about it.
GodKaio-Ken wrote: Also as far as we know, aside from making a wish on the Super Dragon Balls Zamasu has no body swapping or invading technique.
Its also why I believe the universes shouldnt be able to be wished back. If Zamasu cant be granted immortality from Zeno its obvious his power is stronger than Super Shenron. Once something is erased I think its gone without a trace.
Perhaps there will be another way to a "Happy Ending"
Well this is a big question people have been having so you can't really assume Zeno is more powerful than the Super Dragonballs. Him being able to erase something created by the Super Dragonballs doesn't actually prove he is more powerful than the Super Dragonballs, or more specifically doesn't prove that the Super Dragon Balls couldn't affect Zeno. Zeno being affected by time shows that he is not 100% invulnerable.