Super's added lore that you enjoy?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Super's added lore that you enjoy?

Post by MR.Mark » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:37 pm

Super baby Pan's antics has already been far more memorable than anything GT Pan has done. I for one would flip my shit (in a good way) if she became a baby SSB due to being exposed to the God ritual! Common, a baby with God powers! :clap:

Pan always pegged me as growing up to be a female version of Goku in personality so the more power given to her the better as far as I'm concerned.

ssjprodigy
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjprodigy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:56 pm

MR.Mark wrote:Super baby Pan's antics has already been far more memorable than anything GT Pan has done. I for one would flip my shit (in a good way) if she became a baby SSB due to being exposed to the God ritual! Common, a baby with God powers! :clap:

Pan always pegged me as growing up to be a female version of Goku in personality so the more power given to her the better as far as I'm concerned.
pan is literally the cutest in super! I hope in later filler they do something with her and bra or have family moments with goku's and Gohan's

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:20 pm

I love the fact that we finally have an endgame planned for Pilaf/Shoe/Mai. Before this, Pilaf and co. just completely disappeared after Dragonball. In the manga we don't see them again after King Piccolo blows them off his ship. Toei didn't even give them a single filler in DBZ at all.

The fact that Mai becomes Trunks canon love interest of all things is both hilarious and out of the blue. It's like something nobody would have ever come up with.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:35 pm

precita wrote:I love the fact that we finally have an endgame planned for Pilaf/Shoe/Mai. Before this, Pilaf and co. just completely disappeared after Dragonball. In the manga we don't see them again after King Piccolo blows them off his ship. Toei didn't even give them a single filler in DBZ at all.

The fact that Mai becomes Trunks canon love interest of all things is both hilarious and out of the blue. It's like something nobody would have ever come up with.
I love the idea that the henchmen of Dragon Ball's first villain ends up with the son of the Z-Era's first villain.

The lore I love is
- Pride Troopers
- Flying Lookout
- Zamasu's Summer Home
- God Tube
- Apple Products reaching the Gods
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:40 pm

The concept of the 12 universes, and them somewhat exploring them with the tournament. I do hope they go back and explore some of the things that have only been briefly mentioned that seem interesting, like the Namekian Book of Legends or the time traveller from Universe 12

Bulma's Foot Masseur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bulma's Foot Masseur » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:17 pm

Seconding Trunks/Mai. I was originally bothered by Pilaf not recognizing Goku in Super, but then the manga has them transforming into literal babies during the Android saga and presumably forgetting everything, which makes Mai's character redevelopment all the more believable.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:23 pm

Pilaf and co. returning also goes along with the tradition of Goku's former enemies becoming their friends. I mean, I'm sure Pilaf still wants to rule the world (lol) but them staying at Bulma's now it's probably not going to happen.

sunkensheep

Post by sunkensheep » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:48 pm

I think that the greatest achievement in Super is how they managed to expand the characters' psychology:
- I like how they explored Kuririn's character. The episodes about him showed us how much he'd been traumatized throughout his life, and the fact that the first evil face he saw in the forest of illusions was Tamberin's, the very first guy who killed him, still gives me the chills. And I absolutely love that he overcame his traumas and that he managed to beat Gohan, making somehow clear that experience counts, and not only strength.
- I like Vegeta's "humanization", culminated in the father/son Galick Gun and the fact that he wouldn't go fighting the strongest enemies of the multiverse because he was waiting for his daughter to be born.
- I really like that they made clear Goku's selfish attitude. Knowing that he never kissed Chichi was shocking at first, but along with the comments about Bulma's pregnancy to convince Vegeta ("Let's train, it's not you that have to give birth") made him a more "pure" Saiyan than Vegeta himself.
- I like that Bulma's intelligence has become prominent again. In the Buu saga she was mainly in the background, while in Super she does a lot of smart things: She befriends Whis to make sure that Earth will be spared in the future and she recreates the time machine. I think it's also cool that even after Zamasu's arc, she was still working on a time machine of her own, meaning that she had a true scientific interest and it was not just something she built because the situation needed it.
- I really love how they portrayed Frieza in this last arc, a true sadistic emperor of evil ready to sacrifice an entire universe for his own sake, without thinking it twice.
- I like that it's now clear that Yamcha is the weakest link in the whole franchise and not Kuririn, even though I feel a little bad for the guy.
- I enjoyed basically most of the interactions between the characters in their everyday life, expecially knowing how much #18 loves and takes care of Kuririn, or looking at the friendly way she greeted Future Trunks. Same goes for #17 and Piccolo's moment of mutual respect.
- I am really intrigued by the Yardratan. I hope there's a good explanation about why he's in another universe.
- And finally, I love the multiverse idea. A spin-off on every universe would be in order to me. I'd love to know more about Hit's backstory or about the wars fought by Cabba along with Frost, or to know how planet Sadal is etc, without Goku being involved.

Esfír Dedragón
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Esfír Dedragón » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:36 pm

The introduction of the God(s) of Destruction is perhaps the only thing that I enjoy. :(
DRAGON BALL IS THE KING OF (Fighting) ANIME!!!!!!! In my opinion, at least... :think:

My reaction to anything about Dragon Ball post-2013 that I don't like and/or is stupid. :P
https://coub.com/view/6osx6