Why it's okay for Vegeta to get eliminated early.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Re: Why it's okay for Vegeta to get eliminated early.

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:12 pm

Mercenary wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
King Jacku wrote:
Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant people that gave a damn about the thing they're fighting for. You're totally right about 18 though, forgot about her.

17 blatantly said he doesn't care if him or his family was annihilated, shows how important they are to him. And we all know Goku loves fighting more than his family.
I get what you're saying, but I'm saying you're wrong on that. Vegeta has hardly shown any care whatsoever. He shows little more care than Goku. I wouldn't put him in the same category as Gohan at all. Gohan is the only one of the team still in the arena that's truly showing any care for the stakes. Don't know why some people (and not just you) seem to think Vegeta somehow truly cares when he's barely shown that at all.

Yeah, surely Vegeta doesn't give a damn. Let me just copy-paste some comment from gamefaqs, written by "Vegeta-Sama".

Just alone in Super here some facts about Geets and his Family:

- He was going to the Park as promised to Trunks

- He goes Madman after Beerus slaps Bulma

- Trains Future Trunks

- Compliments Bulma for the food for the ppl in the future

- Sacrifices for Little Trunks in the Holy Water episodes.

- Sacrifices his live for F Trunks to Merged Zamasus beam attack

- Father/Son Galick Gun nuff said

- His Goodbye to Future Trunks

- Thinks all the time about Bulma while pregnant

- Refuses to train and compete for the ToP bc Bulma is pregnant.

- He wanted a true sayin Name for Bulla but at the end he accepted the Name with smile.

I bet I forgot a couple.
Vegeta become just a Man who cares now more about his family than fighting.

Also, he gave Bulma that caring look before leaving and wanted to finish off Black mostly because of what he has done to Future Bulma ( he killed her obviously).
Nice list, but I'm obviously talking about this tournament. You know, where he told Gohan to shut up because Gohan was trying to keep the team alive with having them stay in the circle? You know how he kept on saying in this tournament how he'll win it all and how he's "Vegeta-sama". For most of Super he has cared, however this saga, the idea he seems to truly care about the stakes of this tournament is laughable. He cares a bit more than Goku, but that isn't saying much.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:16 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote:Do people not know how unrealistic it is for a god tier character who is the second strongest on his team to lose that early and I'm pretty sure vegeta not jobbing that early in the tournament
Why on earth do people keep saying things like this? The characters are not being taken down in order of strength. If Vegeta goes against a strong opponent who takes him down, then he goes down before other weaker members of U7 or any other team go down.

Why are people under the impression that all the strongest characters will make it to the end? On U7 alone it seems like Roshi might very well outlast half the cast, and he's the weakest member there.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:57 am

Finally, after months of hearing about him losing to that...thing, we can finally put that to rest and look forward to him taking on the A fighters like Hit.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

JigSaw910

Post by JigSaw910 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:50 am

Jigurashi wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: That hasn't been a focused theme for sometime now. The show itself promotes him as Goku's "eternal rival" but doesn't actually portray him as a rival worth taking seriously.

Regardless, I wouldn't mind Vegeta leaving early, but nothing points to him leaving early at all besides some people's theories on why they think he should leave early. I honestly don't see him losing unless he gets a double KO with Hitto, an underhanded tactic involving Freeza in some way, or just getting his shit pushed in by Jiren and all of those three possibilities I don't see happening until fairly late in this tournament.
We just had Goku try and goad Vegeta into going training with him for the TOP.
Goku saying how he would surpass Vegeta. Vegeta refused cause he was waiting for his baby.
The rivalry has always been there throughout Super.
That doesn't really mean the rivalry is there at all, especially when Whis himself says Goku has been ignoring Vegeta. You honestly can't even call it a rivalry. The guy says he wanted to fight strong guys, but said he forgot Gohan was there the whole time, didn't even bother acknowledging Vegeta there. This show tries to say it's a rivalry but it really isn't when one guy cares very little and when the gap is massive most of the time.

so we are just going to ignore the ending? the next episode where gohan eliminates all of U10 and hes the captain? lol. the gohan hate here is on another level

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:57 am

JigSaw910 wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Miracles wrote: We just had Goku try and goad Vegeta into going training with him for the TOP.
Goku saying how he would surpass Vegeta. Vegeta refused cause he was waiting for his baby.
That doesn't really mean the rivalry is there at all, especially when Whis himself says Goku has been ignoring Vegeta. You honestly can't even call it a rivalry. The guy says he wanted to fight strong guys, but said he forgot Gohan was there the whole time, didn't even bother acknowledging Vegeta there. This show tries to say it's a rivalry but it really isn't when one guy cares very little and when the gap is massive most of the time.

so we are just going to ignore the ending? the next episode where gohan eliminates all of U10 and hes the captain? lol. the gohan hate here is on another level
What are you talking about? Where was the Gohan hate in my post?

JigSaw910

Post by JigSaw910 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:51 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
JigSaw910 wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: That doesn't really mean the rivalry is there at all, especially when Whis himself says Goku has been ignoring Vegeta. You honestly can't even call it a rivalry. The guy says he wanted to fight strong guys, but said he forgot Gohan was there the whole time, didn't even bother acknowledging Vegeta there. This show tries to say it's a rivalry but it really isn't when one guy cares very little and when the gap is massive most of the time.

What are you talking about? Where was the Gohan hate in my post?
Oh snap. I replied to the wrong post. Sorry dude i apologize.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:09 pm

JigSaw910 wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Miracles wrote: We just had Goku try and goad Vegeta into going training with him for the TOP.

Gohan is tiresome. He is a baby who always needs to be pushed. He is part of the cast again cause of fandom.
TOEI is just forcing him back in and he is so out of place it's awkward.

Vegeta being eliminated early is not OK either.
Cause it isn't realistic and two he was only stated to be one step behind Goku due to Kaioken Blue.
Last edited by Miracles on Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:14 pm

sintzu wrote:Finally, after months of hearing about him losing to that...thing, we can finally put that to rest and look forward to him taking on the A fighters like Hit.

Yeah, but prominent Vegeta's haters are gonna talk trash anyway about the "Outro theory" and Vegeta's going down as a #3 after Tien :lol:

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:00 pm

I feel like after this weekend, this should be titled "Why it's okay for 17 to get eliminated early".

Would you all really feel the same way if it was your favorite charachter going down?

I still don't see the fascination of everyone wanting Vegeta to go down early. Ridiculous imo
How i predict the tournament will end:

JigSaw910

Post by JigSaw910 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:00 pm

Miracles wrote:
JigSaw910 wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: That doesn't really mean the rivalry is there at all, especially when Whis himself says Goku has been ignoring Vegeta. You honestly can't even call it a rivalry. The guy says he wanted to fight strong guys, but said he forgot Gohan was there the whole time, didn't even bother acknowledging Vegeta there. This show tries to say it's a rivalry but it really isn't when one guy cares very little and when the gap is massive most of the time.

Gohan is tiresome. He is a baby who always needs to be pushed. He is part of the cast again cause of fandom.
TOEI is just forcing him back in and he is so out of place it's awkward.

Vegeta being eliminated early is not OK either.
Cause it isn't realistic and two he was only stated to be one step behind Goku due to Kaioken Blue.
hes just important in this arc. He was always important in DB. i mean i dont see the problem. he gets one arc. Goku & Vegeta gets the entire series

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:48 pm

TheOne wrote:I feel like after this weekend, this should be titled "Why it's okay for 17 to get eliminated early".

Would you all really feel the same way if it was your favorite charachter going down?

I still don't see the fascination of everyone wanting Vegeta to go down early. Ridiculous imo

This... for the record I completely sympathize with people who want to see more of their favorite character.

For me it's not so much that I care if Vegeta loses I just want to continue seeing him being central in the story as long as possible. It's a purely selfish desire.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:56 pm

I can't imagine the writers eliminating him early, he's too popular of a character, but we'll see.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:19 pm

It's an interesting twist that's unexpected, if nothing else.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:36 pm

Honestly, I like Vegeta, but I wouldn't mind at all if he was next out since that would give the possibility for someone else to do something relevant for once. :roll:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:54 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:Honestly, I like Vegeta, but I wouldn't mind at all if he was next out since that would give the possibility for someone else to do something relevant for once. :roll:
Vegeta usually loses to the main enemy so he could fall in the special if we go by dragon ball history.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:37 pm

ABED wrote:It's an interesting twist that's unexpected, if nothing else.

Although it would be unexpected if the ending didn't supposedly spoil it and the entire order of who was eliminated. So if true that does take away the element of surprise.

Angrist Hand

Post by Angrist Hand » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:11 pm

Vegeta trained harder than everyone else for this tournament, eliminating him early would be a disservice.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:17 am

JigSaw910 wrote:hes just important in this arc. He was always important in DB. i mean i dont see the problem. he gets one arc. Goku & Vegeta gets the entire series
Exactly. This tournament is part of the series.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:29 am

Angrist Hand wrote:Vegeta trained harder than everyone else for this tournament, eliminating him early would be a disservice.
He trained for 15 days and we didn't even get to see it.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:05 pm

Ideally for me, the tournament would go like this:

- Gohan eliminates Jimeze
- Goku eliminates Ribrianne
- Goku and Jiren mutually eliminate each other
- Dyspo and Toppo eliminate 17 and 18
- Hit eliminates Dyspo
- Freeza and Frost eliminate Kale, Caulifla, and Gohan
- Vegeta eliminates Frost
- Freeza eliminates Toppo
- Hit eliminates Freeza

The final match is Vegeta vs. Hit. Vegeta ends up defeating him despite losing at first, by maybe accessing Goku's new form or getting some kind of super rage powerup.

But I know this probably isn't going to happen.

-
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147