Android 17 stronger than Goku SS3?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Potara_Vegetto

Android 17 stronger than Goku SS3?

Post by Potara_Vegetto » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:19 pm

Goku says that he didn't intend to use his Blue form against him, and even using his Blue form (not at full power, of course), 17 wasn't at 100%

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Re: Android 17 stronger than Goku SS3?

Post by HybridSaiyan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:22 pm

Android 17 is stronger than Buuhan lmao.

Potara_Vegetto

Re: Android 17 stronger than DBS Goku SS3?

Post by Potara_Vegetto » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:26 pm

HybridSaiyan wrote:Android 17 is stronger than Buuhan lmao.
I meant the actual Goku SS3

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:31 pm

Kinda impossible to tell.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:38 pm

Considering Goku pulled out SSJB to fight him, yeah, I'd place Android about a few notched above SSJ3 Goku.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Re: Android 17 stronger than DBS Goku SS3?

Post by HybridSaiyan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:48 pm

Potara_Vegetto wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:Android 17 is stronger than Buuhan lmao.
I meant the actual Goku SS3

Android 18 Is likely above SSJ3 Goku too.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:51 pm

It depends if that episode is his true power or TOEI making him look cool.

He doesnt seem as powerful as he was that episode so far. Sometimes characters have feats that dont really fit with the rest.

Until he shows his actual power in battle during this arc its tough to say. Considering how disjointed writing is between writers at times its hard to take any one thing too serious.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:04 pm

Duuh ?! suppressed 17 pushed Goku to ssb and fought on par with ssb Goku, eventhough we don't know how much either held back it was pretty obvious that 17 wasn't taking that fight as seriously as Goku was not to mention Dende stated 17 would be terrifying as an ennemy and Goku agreed after he fought him.

Slaythe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Slaythe » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:07 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:It depends if that episode is his true power or TOEI making him look cool.

He doesnt seem as powerful as he was that episode so far. Sometimes characters have feats that dont really fit with the rest.

Until he shows his actual power in battle during this arc its tough to say. Considering how disjointed writing is between writers at times its hard to take any one thing too serious.
How is he not as powerful ?

He was never shown concerned or in trouble. He initially let himself beat up to analyze her style. Then he ring'ed her out but Vikal saved her. After that he wrecked both with no contest.

I can't wait to see him find an opponent that's an even match to see what he can do.

SSJ3 also has a HUGE stamina issue, that 17 would completely bypass.

Since Goku has a Kaioken , Kaioken x10 and something new coming, it's very obvious 17 is around regular Blue Goku.

The fact that nobody can feel his power level is kinda great, it keeps things interesting and it's about how he fights more than powering up.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:12 pm

In my list I have 17 as a 1,000 and Full Power Blue Goku at 5,000 though I might have to revisit it later as the events of the ToP unfold. I hope 17 will last much and that he will fight at full power a strong enemy.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:16 pm

I think 17 is probably a little above SSJ2 level, but below SSJ3/Super Buu.

Goku was holding back. It was made obvious when Krillin was fighting in the tournament that Goku was obviously not using full force against him. If Goku didn't destroy Krillin accidentally in a training battle, he wouldn't for 17 either.

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:17 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:It depends if that episode is his true power or TOEI making him look cool.

That's the most reasonable answer you may get. Especially considering that #17's feat came around the time of some episodes in which we already had many contradicting implications, like "base Gohan > Krillin > base Goku" among others.

#17 should be stronger than Super Saiyan Goku given that Goku pretty much states that the form is not enough to handle him, and weaker than the likes of Golden Freeza and Gohan per other official statements. Beyond that, however, it's anyone's guess.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:22 pm

precita wrote:I think 17 is probably a little above SSJ2 level, but below SSJ3/Super Buu.

Goku was holding back. It was made obvious when Krillin was fighting in the tournament that Goku was obviously not using full force against him. If Goku didn't destroy Krillin accidentally in a training battle, he wouldn't for 17 either.
Uuuh why are you comparing Krillin to 17 ? did Krillin trash SSJ1 Goku ? did Goku state he had no intention going ssb with Krillin ? did Krillin fight ssb on par while holding back ? the fact that you think 17 is super buu level is extream downplay on so many levels i just can't but LOL, also if 17 is super buu level that makes Gohan Piccolo level considering 17 at least was able to push Goku to ssb while being suppressed himself and Gohan couldn't.

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:31 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
the fact that you think 17 is super buu level is extream downplay on so many levels i just can't but LOL, also if 17 is super buu level that makes Gohan Piccolo level considering 17 at least was able to push Goku to ssb while being suppressed himself and Gohan couldn't.
Regardless, this line of logic can't apply anyway: while #17 had apparently the better feats, it has been already confirmed by the very writer who wrote the episode in which the fight between #17 and Goku took place that he sees Gohan as someone who's in fact stronger.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:36 pm

LowRyder2005 wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
the fact that you think 17 is super buu level is extream downplay on so many levels i just can't but LOL, also if 17 is super buu level that makes Gohan Piccolo level considering 17 at least was able to push Goku to ssb while being suppressed himself and Gohan couldn't.
Regardless, this line of logic can't apply anyway: it has been already confirmed by the very writer who wrote the episode in which the fight between #17 and Goku took place that he sees Gohan as someone who's stronger than #17.
LMAO !! CLASSIC argument not only Toshio specified it was his personal opinion and can't even reveal much about it but he also said on another tweet that he thinks they're equal.

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:40 pm

Care to explain us again how can #17 be stronger than Gohan if the same writer who wrote the "feat" you're basing your statement on goes - in both cases - against your statement?

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:42 pm

LowRyder2005 wrote:So could you explain us again how can #17 be stronger than Gohan if the same writer who wrote the "feat" you're basing your statement on goes - in both cases - against your statement?
I never affirmed 17 was stronger than Gohan nor did Toshio ! he clearly said they're equal cuz he can't reveal much but anyway, 17 clearly PUSHED Goku to go ssb, Goku stated it while Gohan had to ask his dad several times to get serious not to mention Gohan had trouble facing ssj2 Goku when he was full power, he had to push himself a lot in that fight he ended up fainting at the end.

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:50 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
LowRyder2005 wrote:So could you explain us again how can #17 be stronger than Gohan if the same writer who wrote the "feat" you're basing your statement on goes - in both cases - against your statement?
I never affirmed 17 was stronger than Gohan nor did Toshio ! he clearly said they're equal cuz he can't reveal much but anyway, 17 clearly PUSHED Goku to go ssb, Goku stated it while Gohan had to ask his dad several times to get serious not to mention Gohan had trouble facing ssj2 Goku when he was full power, he had to push himself a lot in that fight he ended up fainting at the end.
I thought you meant that with "also if 17 is super buu level that makes Gohan Piccolo level".

(With that being said, I did misremember the scan, though; the only time he really stated something about Gohan and #17 should be the one above.)

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:29 pm

SSj3 is nothing next to Blue, like come the hell on.

Piccolo should be about as strong as Buu arc SSj3 Goku, as he took care of SSj2 Gohan with post-Z sword training power, which was implied in the manga to be around or only somewhat inferior to SSj3 Goku of then. As for current SSj3 Goku, who should be several times stronger - that's probably around where 17 sits. He's probably even stronger tho. Keep in mind that Blue can be suppressed quite heavily, just like FPSSj before it.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:55 pm

Slaythe wrote:

How is he not as powerful ?

He was never shown concerned or in trouble. He initially let himself beat up to analyze her style. Then he ring'ed her out but Vikal saved her. After that he wrecked both with no contest.

I can't wait to see him find an opponent that's an even match to see what he can do.

SSJ3 also has a HUGE stamina issue, that 17 would completely bypass.

Since Goku has a Kaioken , Kaioken x10 and something new coming, it's very obvious 17 is around regular Blue Goku.

The fact that nobody can feel his power level is kinda great, it keeps things interesting and it's about how he fights more than powering up.
This^^^^