What's up with Tenshinhan this arc?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: What's up with Tenshinhan this arc?

Post by Doctor. » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:06 pm

Basako wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Basako wrote: His purpose in the plot is to fight in the tournament and last as long as he can, his strength is relevant. Also, you not liking him doesn't mean he can't have one centric episode as he did, because the show is not exclusively done for you.
Why are you taking such offense to what I said? I want him to have his own episode.
I didn't take any offense, I just wrote my opinion about the matter.
"You not liking him doesn't mean he can't have one centric episode as he did, because the show is not exclusively done for you."

This is you being hostile for no reason. I never claimed he shouldn't have his own episode nor did I ever claim the show is exclusively done for me.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:12 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Basako wrote:
Doctor. wrote: Why are you taking such offense to what I said? I want him to have his own episode.
I didn't take any offense, I just wrote my opinion about the matter.
"You not liking him doesn't mean he can't have one centric episode as he did, because the show is not exclusively done for you."

This is you being hostile for no reason. I never claimed he shouldn't have his own episode nor did I ever claim the show is exclusively done for me.
I'm not being hostile. Look, Tenshinhan is one of the strongest beings in the whole universe, that's why he was chosen, by Toriyama, he writes the plot. I agree he was written like trash in his own episode and in the next. But he just eliminated one guy and he is still fighting.
Heno heno kappa!

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:37 pm

He'll have his own episode like 17, 18, Gohan, Piccolo, Roshi and Krillin.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:49 pm

Tenshinhan is a real oddity in this arc. He is the only one so far that has no hype, build up of any kind, or any real moments where he got to show off. I'm just really curious what they're going to do with him, and if he is going to have that awesome moment or will just be knocked out before he has his own spotlight for a little bit.

You would think that a character like Tenshinhan would get a chance to shine earlier in the tournament while there were a lot more of the weaker fighters still on the stage. But as more and more fighters get knocked out he is going to be stuck with the stronger guys. So he is either going to do something really huge we weren't expecting from him or fizzle out before he really have a chance to get going.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Vegeta123
Banned

Post by Vegeta123 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:06 pm

Doctor. wrote: Because, contrary to popular belief, you can discuss aspects of the series that include characters you don't like.
Sure, if you have nothing better to do.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:10 pm

Tenshinhan is likely just there to fill out the 10 man quota. Aside from him they could have just had Buu or even Yamcha join.

At least Yamcha would add some comedy to the arc.

Vegeta123
Banned

Post by Vegeta123 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:11 pm

precita wrote:Tenshinhan is likely just there to fill out the 10 man quota. Aside from him they could have just had Buu or even Yamcha join.

Yamcha is not a man. Vegeta is to be blamed for his death and then Vegeta takes his woman shortly after......somebody give Vegeta an oscar.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:12 pm

Vegeta123 wrote:
precita wrote:Tenshinhan is likely just there to fill out the 10 man quota. Aside from him they could have just had Buu or even Yamcha join.

Yamcha is not a man. Vegeta is to be blamed for his death and then Vegeta takes his woman shortly after......somebody give Vegeta an oscar.
Is Vegeta to be blamed for Piccolo, Tenshinhan and Chiaotzu's death too then? Vegeta didn't kill anyone.

Vegeta123
Banned

Post by Vegeta123 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:18 pm

precita wrote:
Vegeta123 wrote:

Is Vegeta to be blamed for Piccolo, Tenshinhan and Chiaotzu's death too then? Vegeta didn't kill anyone.
He came to Earth like a real man coming to get the Dragonballs and kill everyone too......he's the one who brought the Saibamen, and they were following his orders.......so yes he's responsible for those pawns dying....not like those scrubs could do anything about it after...

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:22 pm

Ten has been a pretty boring character to me since after the 23rd. The only thing he had going for some time was that he was fun to watch fight for me, but he rarely ever fights anyway so there's that. I want him looking good this saga, it I have the least investment in him of the entire U7 team.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:22 pm

Vegeta123 wrote:

Its not like Vegeta is a man either,if you consider Vegeta a man then you have a very low standard for what a man is,even Bulma is more of a man than Vegeta is.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:23 pm

Jigurashi wrote:Ten has been a pretty boring character to me since after the 23rd. The only thing he had going for some time was that he was fun to watch fight for me, but he rarely ever fights anyway so there's that. I want him looking good this saga, it I have the least investment in him of the entire U7 team.
While I agree, at the same time whenever Tenshinhan tried to do something, like against Nappa, Cell or Buu...I generally liked it. So it's weird to me, I have not much investment in Tenshinhan as a character, but I do like the few cool moments he gets.

Vegeta123
Banned

Post by Vegeta123 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:25 pm

Whatever wrote:
Vegeta123 wrote:

Its not like Vegeta is a man either,if you consider Vegeta a man then you have a very low standard for what a man is,even Bulma is more of a man than Vegeta is.
if ur trying to get under my skin you're doing a poor job. Freeza got killed twice already when Vegeta's son sliced him into pieces....if vegeta couldn't do it then the next best thing is his own son....so the prince gets the last laugh.

Vegeta123
Banned

Post by Vegeta123 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:26 pm

precita wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:Ten has been a pretty boring character to me since after the 23rd. The only thing he had going for some time was that he was fun to watch fight for me, but he rarely ever fights anyway so there's that. I want him looking good this saga, it I have the least investment in him of the entire U7 team.
While I agree, at the same time whenever Tenshinhan tried to do something, like against Nappa, Cell or Buu...I generally liked it. So it's weird to me, I have not much investment in Tenshinhan as a character, but I do like the few cool moments he gets.
i like him a bit....just a bit....when he tried to stop cell so robots could run away i actually liked it.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:31 pm

Vegeta123 wrote:
Doctor. wrote: Because, contrary to popular belief, you can discuss aspects of the series that include characters you don't like.
We're on a forum dedicated to a children's cartoon. If anyone of us had anything "better" to do, we wouldn't be here.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:32 pm

Vegeta123 wrote:
Whatever wrote:
Vegeta123 wrote: Yamcha is not a man. Vegeta is to be blamed for his death and then Vegeta takes his woman shortly after......somebody give Vegeta an oscar.
if ur trying to get under my skin you're doing a poor job. Freeza got killed twice already when Vegeta's son sliced him into pieces....if vegeta couldn't do it then the next best thing is his own son....so the prince gets the last laugh.
Why would i try to get under your skin?I am just telling you the truth,truth which for some reason you try to deny.It must be because you are under the wrong impression that living your life through Vegeta's life will fulfill your own underdog wish fulfilment but neither dragonball nor real life works that way.You failled and so will Vegeta.
You must have been pretty sheltered from society if you are used to deny the truth so much.I am being a nice guy and try to open your eyes to the truth you deny so much.
Also Freeza killed Vegeta twice,Future Trunks killing Freeza is Trunk's own feat.
Vegeta's feat is getting killed by the same person twice and he cried like a baby before dying.

Now as for the topic,Tien got used as a stepping stone for other characters in his recruitment episodes,he will propably get a moment or two before he get eliminated.

Vegeta123
Banned

Post by Vegeta123 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:50 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Vegeta123 wrote:
We're on a forum dedicated to a children's cartoon. If anyone of us had anything "better" to do, we wouldn't be here.
Superb technique changing the narrative when you're losing an argument, :clap: I have been guilty of doing that once in a blue moon. We all like this show, so don't downgrade people on here including yourself saying if they had better things to do then they would not be here.

You are neutral or indifferent about the three eyed freak, which is fine. Leave it at that, don't paint a picture of people who post here as individuals who don't have anything better to do..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:02 pm

Vegeta123 wrote: Superb technique changing the narrative when you're losing an argument, :clap: I have been guilty of doing that once in a blue moon. We all like this show, so don't downgrade people on here including yourself saying if they had better things to do then they would not be here.

You are neutral or indifferent about the three eyed freak, which is fine. Leave it at that, don't paint a picture of people who post here as individuals who don't have anything better to do..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Seems like you're the sensitive kind of fellow. Apologies, I wasn't trying to offend you, I was merely making a point that, yes, we all "like this show," so all of us have every right to make the kinds of threads we want to make, and that includes making threads or posts about characters we're not that fond of.

Vegeta123
Banned

Post by Vegeta123 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:10 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Vegeta123 wrote: Superb technique changing the narrative when you're losing an argument, :clap: I have been guilty of doing that once in a blue moon. We all like this show, so don't downgrade people on here including yourself saying if they had better things to do then they would not be here.

Seems like you're the sensitive kind of fellow. Apologies, I wasn't trying to offend you, I was merely making a point that, yes, we all "like this show," so all of us have every right to make the kinds of threads we want to make, and that includes making threads or posts about characters we're not that fond of.
Yes I'm very offended because this is 2017 and I'm trying to act & expose how the typical politically correct social justice warriors acts which is all apart of my bigger agenda here.....and you already broke the number 1 rule for them which is not assuming gender.....they would have thrown a fit of rage.

Be careful.

Acetona
Beyond Newbie

Post by Acetona » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:30 pm

All he's done until now is say "Sasuga Muten Roushi-sama" every episode. I really hope he does anything other than eliminating that guy in episode 101.
キミもテイマーをめざせ!