My Idea to End the Arc (personal best)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Master Xar
Banned Alternate Account

My Idea to End the Arc (personal best)

Post by Master Xar » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:52 am

I think there can be a way that we can end this arc while keeping the entire point solid and the stakes still somewhat relevant, AND keep the characters and universes (longterm), and maximizing the series' potential and stories.

Ok so we get to the end of the Tournament and Goku does win in the Tournament and the they begin to go over their wish, Goku proposes of reviving universes, but Grand Priest interrupts to say that he can't as it would undo the gods' wishes, Goku is denied this, but The Grand Priest goes on to say how their mortal rank is all too low to let them come back, this sparks an idea to Goku (or somebody else) that they can work out a deal. This is where it gets good.

The Grand Priest says he can allow the current fighters and gods/kais to be revived and can settle in U7, they have to PROVE that they can turn their mortal levels around or at least show the potential to and THEN and ONLY then can they have their respective universes be brought back.

And from then on we get arcs focusing on and developing each universes' fighters and gods as they have to prove their potential to earn their homes back as well as exploring them WHEN they get brought back. Our Z Fighters Old and New helping and developing themselves along the way.

So whaddya think? Would this be the best way to end this arc?

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: My Idea to End the Arc (personal best)

Post by Lionel » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:06 am

It's a good way of properly fleshing out the underrepresented sacrificial universes of this tournament, but I don't the studio is willing to devise whole new scripts for each and every world with all of its respective characters. Maybe they could create a cross-universal storyboard with characters being involved from the multiple worlds in a setting outside of the current one. Writing for eight universes when there's already the low hanging bit of fruit dangling in the form of the four universes who were deemed competent enough to not be put onto the chopping block sounds like it would become tedious, both for Toei/Toriyama and the fans. How much would these characters amount to? Universe 6 is already being treated like second fiddle in the current tournament besides the newly introduced Saiyans. Trying to write for so many characters at once in a long-term context just doesn't sound feasible for these writers.

I do agree with the basic idea of the multiverse's population being revived into Universe 7. It removes the convolution of having to macromanage so many different universes at once. Plus, everyone is allowed to continue living and Goku has all these different fighters to look forward to. The only downside would be the potential universal ramifications of congesting a lone universe with so many discontented populations at once. I can't imagine the majority of universes being happy at the prospect of being turned into refugees living under the administrative control of foreign gods thanks to machinations of a lone selfish ningen. How likely is it that some political upheaval would take place as a result? Earth would likely be put into the crosshairs of the more morally flexible characters. So besides everything already mentioned it would also be endangering Earth for the characters. For us, though? It makes for some potential entertainment.