Freeza's betrayal of Universe 7 is beyond stupid

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Freeza's betrayal of Universe 7 is beyond stupid

Post by gohan_black » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:45 pm

Goku wanted to revive frieza for what? frieza already betrayed goku in episode 95 when he shot the god energy ball on him and goku was like ''this is just the way he is''

so why recruit him in the first place? the bigger question is to toei. why the hell would you replace buu with frieza if frieza just gonna do the obvious and betray the universe. why would goku and beerus and everyone would recruit him when they know hes like that? the better question is to toei. why did you made buu sleep again after you did the same in the universe 6 arc? just for doing the obvious and making a bad guy go bad once again

dont you think it would be less obvious to show frieza actually working with the team instead of betraying them? making it more suprising that despite being a vilian he can work his teammates for the favour of the universe.

but no. they had to do the obvious and destroy fat buu charecter once again for nothing

this is just really really bad and obvious writing. I'm sorry but it is.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Re: Frieza betrayel of universe 7 is beyond stupid

Post by TheMikado » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:55 pm

Wait for the manga before blaming this all on Toei.

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:58 pm

TheMikado wrote:Wait for the manga before blaming this all on Toei.
the manga of super is not canon with the anime. 2 diffrent versions all together. the manga is way beyond the anime and will never pass it

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:00 pm

He means wait for the manga, because if Freeza betrays his team in both versions, then there is a good chance that Freezas betrayal was Toriyamas idea, not Toei's.

Also it might be a good idea to wait for the events to play out before flying off the handle. It could be really dumb or there could be something more. We don't know everything yet.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:04 pm

Boo Machine wrote:He means wait for the manga, because if Freeza betrays his team in both versions, then there is a good chance that Freezas betrayal was Toriyamas idea, not Toei's.

Also it might be a good idea to wait for the events to play out before flying off the handle. It could be really dumb or there could be something more. We don't know everything yet.
if it toryama also it dosent make it less bad

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:06 pm

gohan_black wrote:
if it toryama also it dosent make it less bad
That is true. But the main point wasn't whether it's a good idea or not, it was that it may not all be Toei's doing.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:16 pm

gohan_black wrote:The bigger question is to toei. why the hell would you replace buu with frieza if frieza just gonna do the obvious and betray the universe ?

Why would goku and beerus and everyone would recruit him when they know he's like that ?
Freeza is a fan favorite who sells a lot of merchandise. Every decision made in modern DB is to sell merchandise and nothing more. if a story can be written around it then great and if not then oh well, all that matters is that Bandai's numbers are up.

What they should've done is have Beerus be the one to recruit him with Goku being the 1st to be against it. That'll show how Goku's developed and how out of touch Beerus is with everything. But no, they have to force Goku into everything because for some reason they think people will forget he's the main character if he's not shown every minute.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:17 pm

Freeza ain't betraying crap until we actually see him do it and stay by it.

For all we know he might just be trolling Frost.

Similar situation happened in the Garlic Jr. filler saga when Piccolo acted to be mind-controlled and attacked Gohan. We don't know everything about Freeza's plans yet.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:23 pm

sintzu wrote: What they should've done is have Beerus be the one to recruit him with Goku being the 1st to be against it. That'll show how Goku's developed and how out of touch Beerus is with everything. But no, they have to force Goku into everything because for some reason they think people will forget he's the main character if he's not shown every minute.
While I agree that Goku doesn't have to be shoved into every situation, I think this is a case where he needed to be there. Being against Freeza doesn't show development. It's just common sense. Freeza is a bad dude and no one wants him around. But Goku suggesting the idea shows how desperate he is to win this thing. And Goku and Freeza were shown to have surprisingly great chemistry as well as Goku handling the situation in a, mostly, very mature manner. Goku being involved in this process isn't out of place.

Even if it was Beerus idea, Goku would still have to be the one to get him. Because no one cares about Beerus and Freeza, Goku and Freeza is the history we know and love. He would be involved anyway.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:26 pm

This is Toriyama's idea and is going to happen in the manga. I still think it shoupd havr been 12 per team with Buu and Yamcha being the other 2 for Universe 7.
Xeogran wrote:Freeza ain't betraying crap until we actually see him do it and stay by it.

For all we know he might just be trolling Frost.

Similar situation happened in the Garlic Jr. filler saga when Piccolo acted to be mind-controlled and attacked Gohan. We don't know everything about Freeza's plans yet.
It is more likely that Frost will betray Frieza as it would be consistent with everything we know about history of lying to people.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:28 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:It is more likely that Frost will betray Frieza as it would be consistent with his previous history.
I'd be okay with this, as long as it would get Freeza to open his eyes and return back to U7's side.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:30 pm

Xeogran wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:It is more likely that Frost will betray Frieza as it would be consistent with his previous history.
I'd be okay with this, as long as it would get Freeza to open his eyes and return back to U7's side.
The problem with that is that Frieza could be out.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:31 pm

If he do that, he will be more dumb than Yoshino from Aho Girl :) Nah, i don't think he will betray, surely he already learnt to be patient to get what he wants.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:42 pm

I would wait for it to play out. Frieza gets erased if U7 loses. There is no incentive for him to put U7 at risk.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:37 pm

The replacement is something big, it comes from Toriyama. It will be in the manga, Freeza appeared in the V-jump cover for the arc debut.

That been said, Freeza is the one villain I don't want redeemed, we kind of had enough of that. I want him to betray the team, we'll see how.

The one I wanted to be good was Frost, but looking how the arc is going, doesn't look either.
Heno heno kappa!

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:29 pm

Off the top of my head, he's a better character, he's far more powerful then Buu, far smarter then Buu, actually provides conversation and witty comments. I can list more but that's now grounds for conversation.

The fact he would betray the team makes him a far better edition, a little bit of in team poison is far better then the immortal majin getting ringed out for some stupide reason. Also it was always a given that Frieza was never, EVER going to play ball but at the end of the day he was a lat minite pick when they had no time to pick or train anyone else and the time chamber was blown up. That pretty much rules out nobodies like Cell. Also betrayel is Frieza, at every single oppertunity he has always tried to stab the good guys in the back and even in a stutation where he has to help them to save the universe, him taking libirties and letting people he hates with a passion get hurt on his watch is in character for him. Him suddenly haveing a change of heart and being nice to Gohan would be out of character. Funnily enough your argument rings a little hollow when you fact or in the fact that Frieza has ringed out a number of fighters, not killed anyone and has actually refrained from using his Golden Form and is saveing his stamina while Goku has been using his up. So for all the bad he brings he's proven to also be a very worthy if dangerus asset to the team.

Also were is the grand betrayel thats going to fuck over U7? All I have read is that he wont help his team mates, or rather just Gohan. Or is this what this is really about? That Gohan is left to get his ass beat and you dont like that? U7 still has Frieza himself, #17, Goku and Vegeta. Gohan can be lost and not really hurt the overall team.

But the best part is, nowhere dose it say " Frieza Betrays His Team". They think he has but as always what one thinks and what is are two different things. For all his hate of the heroes, unless Frost can offer him a better deal Frieza is not going to betray his universe. While he did offer to join U9 he was also pumping them for info at the same time, Frieza can be very hard to read at times. He could very well let Gohan get beaten to a pulp then to step in and save him just be an elites dick and show off how much better then Gohan he is. As for Frost, well given how little he cares for his onw flesh and blood, Frieza will likely dump him over the side in a heart beat the first chance he gets. Frieza may very well only act as an ally to Frost in order to draw him out of hiding just so he can ring him out.

So hold your venom until the epiosde is out.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:39 pm

Frost will sneakily poison Frieza and no one will notice.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:14 pm

I hope it does. It`s totally in character to take advantag of being alive again and set himself in the position where he can get rid of Sayians.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:33 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Also were is the grand betrayel thats going to fuck over U7? All I have read is that he wont help his team mates, or rather just Gohan. Or is this what this is really about? That Gohan is left to get his ass beat and you dont like that? U7 still has Frieza himself, #17, Goku and Vegeta. Gohan can be lost and not really hurt the overall team.

But the best part is, nowhere dose it say " Frieza Betrays His Team".
As Gohan has a tough fight against the Yardratian Jimeze, Freeza comes running up. Just as it looks like he's defeated Jimeze, Freeza suddenly declares he's turned traitor: "Due to our shared hatred of the Saiyans, Frost and I have joined forces." Gohan suddenly finds himself in a tight spot?!

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:37 am

Simere wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Also were is the grand betrayel thats going to fuck over U7? All I have read is that he wont help his team mates, or rather just Gohan. Or is this what this is really about? That Gohan is left to get his ass beat and you dont like that? U7 still has Frieza himself, #17, Goku and Vegeta. Gohan can be lost and not really hurt the overall team.

But the best part is, nowhere dose it say " Frieza Betrays His Team".
As Gohan has a tough fight against the Yardratian Jimeze, Freeza comes running up. Just as it looks like he's defeated Jimeze, Freeza suddenly declares he's turned traitor: "Due to our shared hatred of the Saiyans, Frost and I have joined forces." Gohan suddenly finds himself in a tight spot?!
I want Piccolo to surprise attack Frieza like what happened on Namek and knock him out of the ring since Piccolo has to be around there somewhere.