Can the Mafuba be dodged?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Can the Mafuba be dodged?

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:57 pm

What the title said. Can it really not be dodged or does it just always work because of the classic anime trope where the character forgets how to dodged when a finishing move is used?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Can the Mafuba be dodged?

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:55 pm

So far it's been show that you can't really dodge the Mafuba. Once someone performs the technique on you, you're at their mercy and just have to pray they fuck up in sealing you into the jar/container.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:04 pm

I don't think so,is a pretty powerful move like Frost said
Mostly active on discord.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:25 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:So far it's been show that you can't really dodge the Mafuba. Once someone performs the technique on you, you're at their mercy and just have to pray they fuck up in sealing you into the jar/container.
But then how was Frost able to jump in front of it and redirect it towards Vegeta?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:24 pm

I think the reason most people don't try to dodge it is because they don't know what it is. If you recognized it in advance and were faster than the user you probably could.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:44 am

Yeah, I think if you knew in advance what the Mafuba was capable of, you would make an effort to avoid it. Although Piccolo Daimao didn't make any efforts to avoid the Mafuba when Roshi used it on him. It's possible he was too frightened by his most feared ability being called upon to ensnare him once again to try anything. Frost doesn't have the same paranoia so he was able to intercept it in time and shift it over to Vegeta.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:04 am

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:So far it's been show that you can't really dodge the Mafuba. Once someone performs the technique on you, you're at their mercy and just have to pray they fuck up in sealing you into the jar/container.
But then how was Frost able to jump in front of it and redirect it towards Vegeta?
The third Mafuba from Roshi was aimed at Magetta not Frost. Frost simply intervened before the technique hit Magetta. Frost didn't necessarily dodge the Mafuba. He just redirected it to Vegeta.