Did anyone legit forget that Cabba was in this tournament?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Did anyone legit forget that Cabba was in this tournament?

Post by precita » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:59 pm

Today's episode had a quick 5 second scene of Cabba being punched by Toppo into some rocks. Before that scene, I legit forgot Cabba was even still in this tournament. :lol:

I have no idea why he's even here, even the supposed rematch between him and Vegeta seems to have been brushed aside. The fact that Caulifa and Kale overshadow him as new Saiyans doesn't help.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Did anyone legit forget that Cabba was in this tournament?

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:10 am

I hope we see him in the background getting kicked by tournament fighter #63 in next week's episode.

Preferably, before we see Jiren take out tournament fighters number #58 and #16.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:29 am

Give him a transformation, or at least give him something. He really is such a pointless character. I like his design a lot but man they really have zero clue on what the hell to do with him. Are we even going to get a fight with all three U6 saiyans eventually? Or at least Caulifla and Cabba? Or will Cabba just get eliminated before then?

The poor dude is approaching Tien levels of fucked-over.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:59 am

No, but I don't care about him. Especially now that there's Caulifla and Kale can control her power.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:07 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:No, but I don't care about him. Especially now that there's Caulifla and Kale can control her power.
His the only Saiyan character besides Gohan that I find even remotely redeemable.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:16 am

I find Cabba to be a lot more endearing and worthwhile than ~CAULIFLA~ and her arrogant bullcrap. I don't know why they deleloped him during the first tournament only to replace him with even more saiyans. At least let the guy do something before the new characters show him up.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:25 am

I honestly hope he outlast both Kale and Caulifla, maybe even getting a big elimination over Dyspo or something before going out of bounds shortly after 17 & 18 eliminate Kale & Caulifla (My hope/headcanon).

Tombstone1988
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tombstone1988 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:28 am

Not gonna lie, even though he was in the episode preview for this episode and I talked about him in my episode 107 review, I still managed to forget about him until I saw Toppo send him flying into a boulder.

Any presence he had in the Universe 6 Tournament seems to have been lost on me. Poor Cabba.
"If you notice this and understand that it's flawed and just don't let it bother you, that's perfectly fine. But enjoying a flawed movie and calling a movie flawless are two completely different things."

-Adam from YourMovieSucksDOTorg
(Replace "movie" with "DBS episode" and that's pretty much my thoughts in regards to DBS critique)

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:23 am

I'd take him over those 2 annoying Saiyan girls who hipefully have fallen out off screen. I think the reason they've kept him is for a rematch with Vegeta cause otherwise he has no reason to be there.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:12 am

sintzu wrote:I'd take him over those 2 annoying Saiyan girls who hipefully have fallen out off screen. I think the reason they've kept him is for a rematch with Vegeta cause otherwise he has no reason to be there.
Absolutely, Cabba far surpasses those two in terms of CharacterIWouldActuallyWannaSeeMoreOfness..

The reason for him still being in is could just be to turn into collateral damage of Jiren fight..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

YajirobiTheGreat
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YajirobiTheGreat » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:26 am

:lol:

Is Cabba at risk of becoming U6 Yamcha?

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:28 am

I'm very disappointed by what they've done with Cabba. I don't know if it was his humble introduction or the fact that Caulifla and Kale are just annoying, but I much prefer Cabba to be getting more screen time than the two of them.

Starting out at the U6 vs U7 tournament, Cabba was shown to be a promising exceptional fighter. Now he's just some scrub who's getting overshadowed by two female Saiyans that were introduced. I'm going to reserve judgement until after the tournament is over with, but I'm not very happy thus far.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:43 am

JazzMazz wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:No, but I don't care about him. Especially now that there's Caulifla and Kale can control her power.
His the only Saiyan character besides Gohan that I find even remotely redeemable.
Fair. Though I find him to be the most boring Saiyan in this tournament. He's the least interesting one to me and I'm beginning to lose interest in Gohan as well. Goku is really the only Saiyan I like this saga, but I don't dislike any of them.

I want Cabba to get something but he's never been portrayed as a character worth being invested in imo. It'll honestly be pretty lame if they just do nothing significsnt with him.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:06 am

You say all that but then you realize Cabba took out Nigrisshi in a 5 second long moment.. in base at that :(

Why did U3 have to lose a seemingly important member to someone who isn't getting any screentime is beyond me.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:12 am

He'll obviously get something to do in time.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:41 am

I had forgotten him for a time.
Bullza wrote:He'll obviously get something to do in time.
As soon as possible, I hope.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:13 pm

Honestly he should unlock Blue. He's the one who deserves it the most, as he in-universe he saw it a year ago when Vegeta showed it to him. Seeing Blue should have motivated Cabba to find something better than Super Saiyan.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:42 pm

Xeogran wrote:You say all that but then you realize Cabba took out Nigrisshi in a 5 second long moment.. in base at that :(

Why did U3 have to lose a seemingly important member to someone who isn't getting any screentime is beyond me.
It's his punishment. For ending the screentime of the potential of an important member of another universe, karma has now struck and has ended his screentime.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:48 pm

emperior wrote:Honestly he should unlock Blue. He's the one who deserves it the most, as he in-universe he saw it a year ago when Vegeta showed it to him. Seeing Blue should have motivated Cabba to find something better than Super Saiyan.
As far as this tournament goes, no he shouldn't imo. He hasn't deserved it, and hasn't even shown himself to have SSJ2 at all either. If he was going to bust out something, he would have when Kale was about to waste him. I legit wouldn't mind if he got something like SSJ2 or something in this tournament, but they've neglected him for so damn long.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:51 pm

Asura wrote:
Xeogran wrote:You say all that but then you realize Cabba took out Nigrisshi in a 5 second long moment.. in base at that :(

It's his punishment. For ending the screentime of the potential of an important member of another universe, karma has now struck and has ended his screentime.
Ok this made laugh out loud, just why they did that to Nigrisshi,did they even try to build up the other Universe that isn't 6 or 11.
    As for cabba, he will probably do something later on because he is a saiyan, and they are very important so I'm expecting a focused episode on him,I herd a title of a Episode that mentioned saiyan so is probably his moments to shine
    Mostly active on discord.