Your Super Top 10 Episodes

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Your Super Top 10 Episodes

Post by Doctor. » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:40 am

In no specific order beyond the top 3.

1 - Episode #56 (Rosé's debut) - Best episode. Great atmosphere, great transformation sequence, sets up Black as a great threat and a good twist at the end.
2 - Episode #11 (Super Saiyan God vs Beerus) - Very solid writing, giving Beerus an appropriate character arc.
3 - Episode #110 (Ultra Instinct) - Self-explanatory. A nice spectacle with great OST.
4 - Episode #47 (Black's debut) - Probably the best introduction to a villain in the franchise.
5 - Episode #6 (The party) - Really great direction.
6 - Episode #105 (Roshi's episode) - The way to do Roshi right, can't decide whether this or #107 is the best one.
7 - Episode #38 (Hit vs Vegeta) - A more grounded approach to Hit's powers compared to the nonsense we see in #39.
8 - Episode #94 (Freeza's return) - #95 probably had better Freeza moments, but the rest of #94 was great for the atmosphere, direction and the way it handled the other characters.
9 - Episode #71 (First episode of the Hit mini-arc) - Fantastic atmosphere.
10 - Episode #65 (Merged Zamasu vs Goku & Vegeta & Trunks) - Self-explanatory again. There wasn't much to complain about here.

Some other good ones: Episode #95 (Freeza vs the assassins), Episode #107 (the other Roshi episode), Episode #104 (Hit vs Dyspo), Episode #79 (Majin Boo vs Basil), Episode #70 (Baseball match), Episode #36 (Vegeta vs Magetta).
Last edited by Doctor. on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:45 am

10. Episode 114 - This is mainly here because the art absolutely sells the episode for me.
9. Episode 39 - Goku pulling out the Kaioken and slapping it on top of Blue was all kinds of hype.
8. Episode 47 - A complete change in tone, Future Trunks returns and the introduction of the best villain: Goku Black.
7. Episode 104 - Awesome team up and Hit's a total badass.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
6. Episode 56 - Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black is fabulous and Zamasu appearing out of the sky was such a "whaaaAAAT?" moment for me.
5. Episode 57 - Dat Shida cut tho.
4. Episode 66 - Say what you will about the writing, but my god that was a spectacle.
3. Episode 95 - The best portrayal of Freeza... ever.
2. Episode 107 - Just a well made episode from beginning to end. Roshi and Vegeta teaming up was such a treat.
1. Episodes 109 & 110 - It crashed every goddamn streaming site that was showing it. The best Dragon Ball thing I've seen in a long ass time.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:46 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Where did you get this from? I must know. :lol:

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:08 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I came across it after searching up “Hit vs Dyspo” on this gif website called http://tenor.com. I could not stop laughing the first time I saw it

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:08 am

1. Episode 57 - Goku and Trunks vs Zamasu and Black
2. Episode 66 - Vegeto vs Zamasu was short lived but sweet, thematically appropiate ending to have Future Trunks dealing the finishing blow with the power of hope and ningens.
3. Episode 109 - I consider it to be the stronger episode of the special, on top of having more interesting animation and directing than 110)
4. Baseball episode
5. Arale crossover episode
6. Episode 107 - what great way to showcase Muten Roshi and respectful way eliminating Roshi, Beerus respect torwards him was the icing on the cake.
7. Episode 110 - The build up to Goku's reapearence lasted more than need the episode has interesting framing but a bit lacking in animation (outside of the Jiren vs UI Goku segments), it still gave a enough entertaining episode.
8. Episode 84 - Krillin vs Goku
9. Episode 75 - A pretty good character development episode for Krillin.
10. Episode 105
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:10 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I came across it after searching up “Hit vs Dyspo” on this gif website called http://tenor.com. I could not stop laughing the first time I saw it
Oh my God!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm so tempted to make that my new avatar. Thanks for sharing this.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:06 pm

1) Episode 94- 17 awkward reunion with 18, Marron & Krillin, 17 and Piccolo's handshake, Roshi's moment with Korin, Frieza's revival, and Goten and Trunks, along with the unexpected "tougher then you think" Marron being left on 17 island to protect from poachers as the arcs "sub plot". Just the perfect build up episode.
2)The episode when Black and Future Zamasu show up and wreak Goku and Vegeta
3)Krillin vs Gohan and vs Goku- Was great to see Krillin keep up in a battle with Goku using skill and wit to keep Goku a bit unbalanced. Personally never enjoyed the "my power level is bigger than yours, so your helpless bullshit", so I'm glad skill and technique/statergy is featured more in Super than Z. Even if it's barely.
4)17 vs Goku- Return episode of one of my favorite characters, good fight, and we got to learn a bit about 17 life such as his wife and 3 kids.
5)Arale and Baseball vs U6 episodes- I enjoy comedic episodes
6)Majin Buy vs Basil- Great fight, and Basil was the perfect candidate for an introduction to hype up the potential fighters we will see from the other universes
7)Roshi takes on Decori, Ganos, and Caway- Seeing skill out maneuver power with Roshi battles against Ganos and Decori
8)Hit vs Goku, Beerus (In Monaka suit) vs Goku- Tie
9)Vegeta vs Magetta and Cabba in the U6 tournament arc
10)Episode 114- Caulifla and Kale vs weakened Goku, ends with them becoming Kefla.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:04 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh my God!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm so tempted to make that my new avatar. Thanks for sharing this.
Lol go for it mate it's hilarious lol

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:18 pm

Doctor. wrote:In no specific order beyond the top 3.

1 - Episode #56 (Rosé's debut) - Best episode. Great atmosphere, great transformation sequence, sets up Black as a great threat and a good twist at the end.
2 - Episode #11 (Super Saiyan God vs Beerus) - Very solid writing, giving Beerus an appropriate character arc.
3 - Episode #110 (Ultra Instinct) - Self-explanatory. A nice spectacle with great OST.
4 - Episode #47 (Black's debut) - Probably the best introduction to a villain in the franchise.
5 - Episode #6 (The party) - Really great direction.
6 - Episode #105 (Roshi's episode) - The way to do Roshi right, can't decide whether this or #107 is the best one.
7 - Episode #38 (Hit vs Vegeta) - A more grounded approach to Hit's powers compared to the nonsense we see in #39.
8 - Episode #94 (Freeza's return) - #95 probably had better Freeza moments, but the rest of #94 was great for the atmosphere, direction and the way it handled the other characters.
9 - Episode #71 (First episode of the Hit mini-arc) - Fantastic atmosphere.
10 - Episode #65 (Merged Zamasu vs Goku & Vegeta & Trunks) - Self-explanatory again. There wasn't much to complain about here.

Some other good ones: Episode #95 (Freeza vs the assassins), Episode #107 (the other Roshi episode), Episode #104 (Hit vs Dyspo), Episode #79 (Majin Boo vs Basil), Episode #70 (Baseball match), Episode #36 (Vegeta vs Magetta).
Same list man
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:27 pm

No particular order, just the chapters I enjoyed the most:

1. Goku using Kaio Ken against Hit
2. Future Trunks return
3. The first time Trunks, Goku and Vegeta travel to fight Black
4. Vegito vs Zamasu
5. Frost against Vegeta and Roshi
6. Roshi fighting against U4 members
7. Goku and Tien vs Piccolo and Gohan