Jaco, Buu and Bra are so far the only good ones that haven't died in DB/Z/GT/S

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Pkjoan

Jaco, Buu and Bra are so far the only good ones that haven't died in DB/Z/GT/S

Post by Pkjoan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:20 pm

Goku (Died vs Raditz, Future heart attack, Vs Cell, Vs Hit (Temporarily), End of GT)
Vegeta (Vs Frieza, Vs Future Androids,Vs Buu, RoF)
Gohan (Vs Future Androids,When Kid Buu blew up the planet)
Goten (When Kid Buu blew up the planet, RoF)
Trunks (When Kid Buu blew up the planet, RoF)
Future Trunks (Cell killed him twice)
Piccolo (Vs Nappa, Future Androids,When Kid Buu blew up the planet, Vs RoF Frieza, Sacrificed when Earth blew up)
Krillin (Tambourine, Frieza killed him, Future Androids, Buu turned him into Candy, 17 killed him)
Tenshinhan (Vs Nappa, Future Androids, When Kid Buu blew up the planet)
Yamcha (Vs Saibamen, Future Androids, Turned into Candy by Super Buu, RoF)
Master Roshi (Vs Piccolo Daimao, Super Buu )
Chaotzu (Vs Piccolo Daimao, Vs Nappa, Super Buu, RoF)
Yajirobe (RoF, Zamasu killed him)
Korrin (Super Buu, RoF, Future Androids)
Kami (Vs Nappa)
Launch (Super Buu, RoF)
Bulma, Oolong, Ox King, Chi Chi (Super Buu turned them into Candy, RoF for all sans Bulma)
Videl (Super Buu turned her into candy, RoF)
Pan (RoF)
18 and Marron (Super Buu turned her into candy, RoF)
17 (Absorbed by Cell and then blew up, Super Buu killed him, RoF)
16 (Crushed by Cell)
8 (Killed by Commander Black, killed by Zamasu)
Uub (RoF)
Mr. and Mrs. Brief (Super Buu, RoF)
Mr. Satan (RoF)
Gine (Killed by Frieza when he blew up Planet Vegeta)
Kibito (Vs Dabura, Vs Future Dabura)
Supreme Kai (Vs Future Dabura)
Old Kai (Vs Future Dabura in which the Z sword turned into stone and broke)
Beerus (Killed when Shin died)
Whis (Deactivated when Beerus died)

Buu did fuse with Uub in GT but I wouldn't count that as death because Buu still had influence over Uub in some cases. I could say he died in RoF but some people theorize that he could have just regenerated after the planet blew up like Kid Buu.

Bra was born much later than Buu Saga or RoF Saga.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Jaco, Buu and Bra are so far the only good ones that haven't died in DB/Z/GT/S

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:29 pm

If Whis was "deactivated," then he wasn't dead.

You also left out the old Kaioshin dying in the Buu Arc when he gave his life to Goku.'

If you're including GT, filler, etc., then the Grand Kaio never died, same with the other Kaios besides North, although you can say that they weren't really "good guys."

Then you have Bardock, who is weird. If you only consider the original special or Minus, then yeah, he's dead. But if you bring in Episode of Bardock, then he hasn't died on screen. If we're including offscreen deaths, then Bra is dead in GT by the end of it.

Goku Jr. is in two separate products (anime and special) and is still alive at the end of the series. Vegeta Jr. doesn't have as many appearances, but he too is alive.

Also, the people killed by Zeno aren't technically dead, if I'm not mistaken. Aren't they just "erased?" "Death" has a pretty specific meaning in Dragon Ball: you cease being alive in the living world, and you go to the afterlife, be it a soul or with a body.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Pkjoan

Re: Jaco, Buu and Bra are so far the only good ones that haven't died in DB/Z/GT/S

Post by Pkjoan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:33 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:If Whis was "deactivated," then he wasn't dead.

You also left out the old Kaioshin dying in the Buu Arc when he gave his life to Goku.'

If you're including GT, filler, etc., then the Grand Kaio never died, same with the other Kaios besides North, although you can say that they weren't really "good guys."

Then you have Bardock, who is weird. If you only consider the original special or Minus, then yeah, he's dead. But if you bring in Episode of Bardock, then he hasn't died on screen. If we're including offscreen deaths, then Bra is dead in GT by the end of it.

Goku Jr. is in two separate products (anime and special) and is still alive at the end of the series. Vegeta Jr. doesn't have as many appearances, but he too is alive.

Also, the people killed by Zeno aren't technically dead, if I'm not mistaken. Aren't they just "erased?" "Death" has a pretty specific meaning in Dragon Ball: you cease being alive in the living world, and you go to the afterlife, be it a soul or with a body.
Not counting filler, just GT. I wasn't considering Goku Jr. and Vegeta Jr. because they were so far in the future to even have role but you could include them too.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:42 pm

Pkjoan wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:If Whis was "deactivated," then he wasn't dead.

Not counting filler, just GT. I wasn't considering Goku Jr. and Vegeta Jr. because they were so far in the future to even have role but you could include them too.
I would include Goku Jr., if only because he has his own special. Probably wouldn't include Vegeta Jr.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:09 am

Goku and Piccolo have died the same amount as Krillin, people continue to make jokes about Krillin's deaths :eyeroll:

People make jokes about Yamcha's shortcomings, but he was only directly killed in the series twice - one of which he was taken by surprise, the other by enemies vastly superior to him. Super Buu killed almost everyone, and RoF was unavoidable by himself.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:46 am

That`s Fandom for you.

Some like to mention how he usually sacrifised himself but it`s not like that worked the charm everytime, that thing with Cell was ill-conceived. If there`s a 4th Wall joke is that unless you`re a villain (Saibamen) you`re never actually taking anyone with you with a suicide dive (Roshi, Chiatzu, Goku, Vegeta).

Still, that`s what heroes do. Yamcha also takes the spot for Krillin just in case since he had already been revived once and that`s basically Piccolo`s stock for trade in all the movies.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:05 am

Boo died when Freeza blew up the earth.

FubukiFoxx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FubukiFoxx » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:30 am

shadowmaria wrote:Goku and Piccolo have died the same amount as Krillin, people continue to make jokes about Krillin's deaths :eyeroll:

People make jokes about Yamcha's shortcomings, but he was only directly killed in the series twice - one of which he was taken by surprise, the other by enemies vastly superior to him. Super Buu killed almost everyone, and RoF was unavoidable by himself.
It's just what people do; it's an easy joke to make, so instead of coming up with something original, they beat a dead horse - metaphorically, of course (don't let me catch you doing that for realsies).
"I think we're gonna play with the cosmic space dragon. He's funny, but he needs better manners."

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:53 am

shadowmaria wrote:Goku and Piccolo have died the same amount as Krillin, people continue to make jokes about Krillin's deaths :eyeroll:

Its not about what, its about how.

Goku could die 20x but if each one is honorable and respectable, no one will hold it against him.

Yamcha and krillin got blown up.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:31 pm

Well, Goku did blew himself up against a villain with regen abilities..and so did Vegeta.

Not sure about disrespectable but it ain`t smart.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:05 pm

Also, Jaco is presumably alive in the future. Zenoh erased the entire world so Jaco did die. Bra is the only good character that hasn’t died

JoeCapricorn
Beyond Newbie

Post by JoeCapricorn » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:55 pm

Being erased by Zeno still results in death, just a more nihilistic version of death where there really is nothing after.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:10 pm

Well, there's still the U6 Saiyans who are assumingly "good".

But they're not long for this world either. :(

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:07 pm

Meshack wrote:Also, Jaco is presumably alive in the future. Zenoh erased the entire world so Jaco did die. Bra is the only good character that hasn’t died
Bra is dead by the end of GT. Pan is the only one of the original group still alive.
Malik_DBNA wrote: