Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:22 am

Toriyama he watched the first two (three?) Broly movies, my fear is that he cames with the conclusion that fans love this kind of movies: Bulked villain beating everyone one, until Goku come with something out of his butt and defeats him. Please, don't do it Toriyama! We want more development!

Diggz92 wrote:I don't get what you mean. There are a few people in the dragon ball verse that has scars Future Gohan (cheek) Tien (chest) but we don't see them like that plus Bardock is dead same with Gohan.

Add Vegeta to the list, but too bad they forget about that.
Vados_chan wrote:[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Didn't like much that Base Broly is already that jacked and is he in a controlled LSSJ form in that Toyotaro illustration?
Meshack wrote:It's not gonna be used for the comic version so why bother putting in the movie? Toriyama didn't write it for the animated version so he has no obligation to put it in the movie.
Yes he has, since this movie is animated so he has to connect with what was in the anime, if he want to do different ask Toyotaro to do in the manga.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:23 am

sintzu wrote:You're comparing a low budget promotional anime to what might be one of the biggest anime movies ? with out even seeing a trailer ? it seems to me that you want to hate this no matter what it does.
For like the fourth time now, again: if this movie does have a substance, something to tell, character development and screentime for certain characters that I want to see in this movie, then I will bite my tongue so hard and will probably enjoy the past part of the movie. So far, all we know is that this movie is bringing back a crap old movie villain back, so it doesn't have anything interesting going on for it until this very moment.

In the meanwhile, the promotinal anime was competent enough to give me a whole new concept, with interesting plot and interesting characters in it. So yeah, so far, a simple promotional anime is better.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:34 am

Dragono wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:
Diggz92 wrote: I don't get what you mean. There are a few people in the dragon ball verse that has scars future gohan(cheek) Tien(chest) but we don't see them like that plus bardock is dead same with gohan.
I mean that it just seems cliché to give a badass warrior type scars.
But dragon ball rarely does it.
They did it with Bardock and Future Gohan.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:36 am

sintzu wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So like I said right now it is looking unlikely, in a few weeks we'll get a better idea and in September we'll more or less know.
In that case then maybe Goku and Vegeta will finally work together like Whis told them to. What about Kaioken Blue evolution Blue, do they have to have listings to show up in the movie ?
Any listings won't specify what the figure is but now in December we have WCFs and an IBK listed but not revealed and should be soon. Though they aren't regular prize figures thus less accessible.

However they very well could be saving, UI, fusions etc for Jan and in that case we will get January listings 1st August, and the next prize fair is mid September so say for example Ultimate Soldiers 4 and 5 are solicited in Jan and in the September prize fair only one of them is revealed say "LSS Broly" but not 5 it is nowhere to be seen all of a sudden that changes the game and the odds of fusion or UI are suddenly back. (Around the time of the prize fair is when the January figure catalogues will also be sent out so we can cross reference).

So September is gonna be the key month that'll more or less unintentionally confirm whether UI/fusions are in or not. (Unless the trailer gives it away...)

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:37 am

As someone who wasn't a fan of Broly's return, I actually like his new designs. Since he's wearing what looks like Frieza Force armor and some sort of device around his neck in his yellow eyed form, I wonder if it is Frieza trying to control Broly this time rather than Paragus.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:41 am

Arg wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: DBS is the king of bad ideas with good execution.
You sure about that? It could easily be vice versa; tournament of power, black arc if it was not rushed at the end...
Yeah I'm sure. And its vice-versa. The T.o.P was a good idea with poor execution. The Black arc was just a case of bad pacing towards the end but the majority of the arc was still good.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:41 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:Since he's wearing what looks like Frieza Force armor and some sort of device around his neck in his yellow eyed form, I wonder if it is Frieza trying to control Broly this time rather than Paragus.
I think Paragus will only show up in the past segments of the movie so Freeza controlling him could very well be what's going on as he's already wearing what him men wear.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:44 am

Yuli Ban wrote:
Champa The Destroyer wrote:In addition, would Broly's form be called SS Berserk or Legendary SS?
Legendary. Berserk was just a fan-name.

What's more, "Super Saiyan Berserk" now describes something completely different.
Lol. Thats like saying dbs is a fan anime. In DBS they used Berserk for Kale’s form. Not LSSJ. Sure, they could go back to LSSJ but that just creates discrepancies. They should just stick to Berserk.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:51 am

Grimlock wrote:
sintzu wrote:You're comparing a low budget promotional anime to what might be one of the biggest anime movies ? with out even seeing a trailer ? it seems to me that you want to hate this no matter what it does.
For like the fourth time now, again: if this movie does have a substance, something to tell, character development and screentime for certain characters that I want to see in this movie, then I will bite my tongue so hard and will probably enjoy the past part of the movie. So far, all we know is that this movie is bringing back a crap old movie villain back, so it doesn't have anything interesting going on for it until this very moment.

In the meanwhile, the promotinal anime was competent enough to give me a whole new concept, with interesting plot and interesting characters in it. So yeah, so far, a simple promotional anime is better.
So you’re saying:

You rather have SDBH anime which has a story taken from a video game (so its technically not original to the anime), has stiff and sometimes no animation, has no character development, and is all about bring old characters back all to get people to play a game over a movie with a new style, better production which means higher quality, an actual new story, lore about the saiyans history, and a character that may look, have some aspects from, and share the name of an old villain but also has a whole other side to him?

Some of the stuff you complained that the movie won’t have is also the case for the SDBH anime. I can’t make your decisions but thats a joke. You really rather have that?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:55 am

Will we get confirmation of the run time then soon now that tickets are gonna start to go on sale? I remember that one of the Japanese theatre chains listed the ResF run time.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:00 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Will we get confirmation of the run time then soon now that tickets are gonna start to go on sale? I remember that one of the Japanese theatre chains listed the ResF run time.
They could keep it a secret if Toei told them to but hopefully not. How long do you think it'll be, I'm betting on 90 minutes.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:02 pm

sintzu wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Will we get confirmation of the run time then soon now that tickets are gonna start to go on sale? I remember that one of the Japanese theatre chains listed the ResF run time.
They could keep it a secret if Toei told them to but hopefully not. How long do you think it'll be, I'm betting on 90 minutes.
Hoping 2hrs but around 90 mins is probably more realistic yeah.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:03 pm

sintzu wrote:
Maxum599 wrote:Vegeta should use his blue evolution it's not like he lost the transformation as he turned it on and off during the events of the tournament of power.
I think it was an anime only form so I'm worried that Toriyama didn't take it into account while writing the movie, same with Goku's Blue kaioken. Hopefully the trailer will give us an idea.
I have a bad feeling they won't have SSBE in this movie......

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:06 pm

PFM18 wrote:I have a bad feeling they won't have SSBE in this movie......
I hope they at least address why he doesn't use it cause completely ignoring it is going to be odd going from the anime to the movie. They could still bring it back for the retelling though once Super's back on the air.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:08 pm

sintzu wrote:
PFM18 wrote:I have a bad feeling they won't have SSBE in this movie......
I hope they at least address why he doesn't use it cause completely ignoring it is going to be odd going from the anime to the movie. They could still bring it back for the retelling though once Super's back on the air.
If the form ends up being in the manga then we know for sure it is going to be in the movie. But given how much involvement Toriyama has, he might not have Toei-only transformations in his movie.

I feel like him not using it but it being addressed is probably the least likely scenario. To me, either it is used or it is completely forgotten.(Despite the amazing aesthetics, good premise and awesome power of said form)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:09 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:You rather have SDBH anime which has a story taken from a video game (so its technically not original to the anime)
Of course not, the anime is adapting the game, so there is no reason to be about new plot. Still, what they are doing is new to the franchise.
AnimeNation101 wrote:has no character development
Yes it does. We just got a new side to Cooler and King Cold, something Toriyama and Toei never gave them. It is also further developing Fu's character.
AnimeNation101 wrote:an actual new story, lore about the saiyans history,
New story? Where? I can't see it anywhere.
AnimeNation101 wrote:and a character that may look, have some aspects from, and share the name of an old villain
Urgh... If only the movie villain used to create this one was anyone else...
AnimeNation101 wrote:Some of the stuff you complained that the movie won’t have is also the case for the SDBH anime. I can’t make your decisions but thats a joke. You really rather have that?
On the contrary, what I complain about the movie is not present in Heroes (either anime or game). I'd rather have a story and with people behind it not being afraid to leave the safe zone.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:17 pm

Grimlock wrote:We just got a new side to Cooler and King Cold, something Toriyama and Toei never gave them.
You could at least wait till the 21st movie is announced cause Cooler being "canon" is a very likely possibility.
Grimlock wrote:New story? Where? I can't see it anywhere.
Of course you can't, it hasn't been released yet.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:43 pm

No sign of paragus?

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:45 pm

Kogu 87 wrote:
Image[/spoiler]
Is that Vegeta doing Hakai back there?

Zen Yabuki
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Zen Yabuki » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:07 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Kogu 87 wrote:
Image[/spoiler]
Is that Vegeta doing Hakai back there?
It's possible, but I think it's likelier he's just about to use a generic ki blast.