Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:33 am

Noah wrote:DAMN, f*ck Gogeta! Can't they do something right just for once? Imagine replicating this scene with shirtless UI Goku to defeat Broly? The theaters would explode!
I'd argue that over here seeing Gogeta for the first time in canon would be a bigger deal than UI.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:44 am

I wonder if Trunks and Goten are in this film to teach Vegeta Fusion? What will be the story impetus for the characters to resort to Fusion over Potara Merging?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:46 am

JulieYBM wrote:What will be the story impetus for the characters to resort to Fusion over Potara Merging?
Not having the potara earrings and the Kais not being around.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:03 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
RedHeat wrote: what's your source?
This guy's got insider contacts (like how Ajay and Mike knew stuff ahead of time regarding other Dragon Ball related official stuff) so I trust him if he posts stuff like this without a source.

It makes sense Gogeta's not in the trailer if he's the mystery character they're waiting to spoiler stuff for in November/December.

As long as the next trailer's not just "Insert name here VS BROLLI" again then that alone is a relief.
I think my track record, who I've spoken to and speak to, who I'm associated with, who follows me, and what events I've helped with pretty much confirm my credibility, but we still have skeptics.

Next trailer will absolutely not be like that. Its coming this weekend.

As far as the mystery character, there's a good chance they will reveal him in a Jump magazine before the movie is even out, but not in trailer 2.
I don't see any reason to question you. I buy it.

But these spoilers don't really provide much new information they more so just confirm what we already knew.(outside of it focusing more on the history in this trailer)

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:07 am

JulieYBM wrote:I wonder if Trunks and Goten are in this film to teach Vegeta Fusion? What will be the story impetus for the characters to resort to Fusion over Potara Merging?
I hope we get a little funny scene of Goten and Trunks teaching Vegeta the fusion dance. That would be so good.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:21 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:I'd argue that over here seeing Gogeta for the first time in canon would be a bigger deal than UI.
Too bad there's no canon in this franchise and Gogeta despite the "cool effect" doesn't make sense from the point of Vegetto being a better and strong fusion, it's just over blatant fanservice.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:34 am

Noah wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:I'd argue that over here seeing Gogeta for the first time in canon would be a bigger deal than UI.
Too bad there's no canon in this franchise and Gogeta despite the "cool effect" doesn't make sense from the point of Vegetto being a better and strong fusion, it's just over blatant fanservice.
How does Gogeta not make sense if the Kais don’t have any spare earrings? Who even said that Shin and the others will be around while this is happening? Sometimes you people just want to find things to complain about. I’m not of a fan of how Super has handled a lot of things, but Gogeta appearing is FAR from the worst thing they could do.
How i predict the tournament will end:

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:47 am

Noah wrote:
Ok, Gogeta is appearing for the first time in this continuity.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:03 am

Noah wrote:
Except Vegetto toys around too much. Now that he has a time limit, his personality makes him end up useless.

Since Gogeta is inspired by Fusion Reborn, he'll get straight to the point. He will probably also not defuse as fast as Vegetto. Funny how things turned out, eh? :lol:

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:35 am

Geekdom101 wrote:Spoilers For Trailer 2:
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:54 am

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:02 am

Geekdom101 wrote:I also knew about Super ending but I was so heart broken and in denial that I didn't accept it for weeks.
Can confirm. There were lots of people knew about Super ending, from various sources. One of the people who told me about it went to Japan and met an old friend of his there, and that friend had another friend who worked for Toei or something, and that person had said in mid-to-late 2017 that Super was ending and they were going to immediately start work on a new anime which would begin the next year. I don't know this person and this is third-hand information at best, but hey, they were right about Super at least. (I'm actually going on memory for the details because while I have a very big folder of screenshots of r/dbz comments that I might need to consult for mod stuff, I apparently didn't save this one, and reddit thinks you don't need to have private messages separate from modmail even if you mod a big sub, so the chances of me being able to find it are minuscule.)

Now, someone is going to blow up about this BIG SCOOP on Twitter and/or YouTube. I know, because at this very moment one person is frantically messaging me on Reddit about Geekdom's REALLY BIG SPOILERS... but Reddit will stay pure. It's all we have.
Geekdom101 wrote:I also knew about Broly being the main antagonist for about an hour before it became public but I was in so much disbelief that I thought I was legit being lied to. In fact, even when the poster came out, I STILL asked about 30 people if it was real and STILL assumed it could be fake. That's how unrealistic I felt it was.
I slept through all of that. When I woke up, it still hadn't been officially announced. I just remember checking our staff channel on Discord in bed, still half-asleep, and seeing the other r/dbz mods freaking out about it, and I was like, "That's Yamcha right? fake af"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:52 am

Terez wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:I also knew about Super ending but I was so heart broken and in denial that I didn't accept it for weeks.
Can confirm. There were lots of people knew about Super ending, from various sources. One of the people who told me about it went to Japan and met an old friend of his there, and that friend had another friend who worked for Toei or something, and that person had said in mid-to-late 2017 that Super was ending and they were going to immediately start work on a new anime which would begin the next year. I don't know this person and this is third-hand information at best, but hey, they were right about Super at least. (I'm actually going on memory for the details because while I have a very big folder of screenshots of r/dbz comments that I might need to consult for mod stuff, I apparently didn't save this one, and reddit thinks you don't need to have private messages separate from modmail even if you mod a big sub, so the chances of me being able to find it are minuscule.)

Now, someone is going to blow up about this BIG SCOOP on Twitter and/or YouTube. I know, because at this very moment one person is frantically messaging me on Reddit about Geekdom's REALLY BIG SPOILERS... but Reddit will stay pure. It's all we have.
Geekdom101 wrote:I also knew about Broly being the main antagonist for about an hour before it became public but I was in so much disbelief that I thought I was legit being lied to. In fact, even when the poster came out, I STILL asked about 30 people if it was real and STILL assumed it could be fake. That's how unrealistic I felt it was.
I slept through all of that. When I woke up, it still hadn't been officially announced. I just remember checking our staff channel on Discord in bed, still half-asleep, and seeing the other r/dbz mods freaking out about it, and I was like, "That's Yamcha right? fake af"
Hmm, maybe I should make a Reddit post about this like all those other times (it’s me, Toffeeclipso :wink: )
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

RunzaRants

Post by RunzaRants » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:29 am

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:10 am

Terez wrote:

Not calling you guys liars (even if I am skeptical) but I’m pretty sure many months before the series ended, everyone was talking about how the DVD sets showing only 131 episodes (or somewhere near) was already signaling the series wrapping up at that point. So there was already evidence of this being a strong possibility. Making such claims of knowledge now well after the fact do absolutely nothing to prove you knew what was coming.
How i predict the tournament will end:

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:13 am

JulieYBM wrote:The cast and crew comments have raised my expectations pretty high for this film. I really get the sense that this movie is going to be just as well written as Movie #18 was. I think this new Broli is going to win out hearts over.
Movie 18?
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:16 am

Why are you posting this? Are you not risking that nobody will ever tell you anything in advance again?
Last edited by Cetra on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:19 am

Cetra wrote:
Why are you posting this? Are not not risking that nobody will ever tell you anything in advance again?
I highly doubt he posted it without getting the source's OK first.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:24 am

If the source is who I think it is then it's 100% reliable.
Anyway with the world premiere being in November, a new trailer in October should be expected. We still don't even know what the plot is exactly.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:38 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:The cast and crew comments have raised my expectations pretty high for this film. I really get the sense that this movie is going to be just as well written as Movie #18 was. I think this new Broli is going to win out hearts over.
Movie 18?
Battle Of Gods.