Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by PFM18 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:24 pm

Terez wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:They both look pretty good here in ssjg. I think this'll work out.
Do we have translations of this yet though? I have no idea what it says
I gave it to Herms (as usual) and he didn't seem to think there was anything interesting on it. "That one just goes over the battle stamp rally (at train stations), Tokyo Skytree, bonus cards, etc"
That's so disappointing. I'm like starving for new info on this movie lol.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:26 pm

Same, but I remind myself there's a gigantic spoiler dump coming in a little under two weeks and I feel better about it.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Furiza

Post by Furiza » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:15 am

Freeza with god ki?

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:20 am

PFM18 wrote:
Terez wrote:
PFM18 wrote: Do we have translations of this yet though? I have no idea what it says
I gave it to Herms (as usual) and he didn't seem to think there was anything interesting on it. "That one just goes over the battle stamp rally (at train stations), Tokyo Skytree, bonus cards, etc"
It's typical for WSJ ads. Ever since Super ended, anything new we get is from V-Jump like 90% of the time; even Saikyō Jump is more likely to have new information than WSJ, probably because WSJ's focus is on weekly anime and manga, so Shueisha doesn't see it as the best place to promote a movie.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:22 am

Terez wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Terez wrote: I gave it to Herms (as usual) and he didn't seem to think there was anything interesting on it. "That one just goes over the battle stamp rally (at train stations), Tokyo Skytree, bonus cards, etc"
It's typical for WSJ ads. Ever since Super ended, anything new we get is from V-Jump like 90% of the time; even Saikyō Jump is more likely to have new information than WSJ, probably because WSJ's focus is on weekly anime and manga, so Shueisha doesn't see it as the best place to promote a movie.
When does the next V-Jump come out?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:29 am

PFM18 wrote:
Terez wrote:
PFM18 wrote: That's so disappointing. I'm like starving for new info on this movie lol.
When does the next V-Jump come out?
November 20th or 21st depending on your time zone.

Spoilers from the preview screening happen a week before that around November 14th though.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:55 am

The manga is going to give a glimpse of the Broly Movie.
Mostly active on discord.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:20 am

TheOne wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:So I had a thought earlier that troubles me, because I think Toriyama would be enough of a madlad to do this.

Remember those bugs we saw in the concept art that were a big deal apparently??

well I was looking at Broly and noticed he was eating its leg

then there's the water on the planet

If Broly's power is due to the food sources, planet's water or something like that (which I can totally see Toriyama doing with the way he handles power ups) I'm not sure how the fanbase would take it
You didn’t “notice” that. It was put out that a little while back that Broly has been eating its legs.
Yes I did notice it just when a few days ago, I never claimed to be the first though (which seems to be the basis for jumping on me here).

I honestly haven’t followed much of this since I know we’re close to spoiler drops and the release.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:01 pm

Regarding the space ships design and other vehicule I got a Star Wars vibe with those. And damn Planet Vegeta looks lit ♥
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Furiza

Post by Furiza » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:54 pm

BTW... Do they start to "confuse" people again with Broly having green hair in LSSJ most of the time and gold in other some other media?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:14 pm

Furiza wrote:BTW... Do they start to "confuse" people again with Broly having green hair in LSSJ most of the time and gold in other some other media?
Yes i pointed this out a while back aswell. It truly annoys and irritates me that they can’t even remember something as simple as Broly possessing green hair in LSSJ Mode. These kind of mistakes shouldn’t even be possible. But then again, it’s Toei/Shueshia, so what did you expect?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:20 pm

Furiza wrote:BTW... Do they start to "confuse" people again with Broly having green hair in LSSJ most of the time and gold in other some other media?
Most people seem to think this is just a coloring error since it's the only gold-haired Broly we've seen in any of the promotional materials. It's also possible his hair might change colors as he powers up like it did in movie 8.

Furiza

Post by Furiza » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:52 pm

Well... We will see... BUt how can you even make it "wrong"

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:00 pm

Theoretically it could depict his regular SS form or at least a transition (represented by the green aura behind him).

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:28 pm

^^^

He's transitioning to his full power state and his hair just hadn't changed yet while the body had . I find it kinda cool that the green hair is just to represent broly being at full power and not a seperate form as opposed to say goku with the golden to blue switch

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:33 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
IM21 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:
why is this a spoiler? anyone can make a video saying ''Yamcha will defeat Broly''. No one knows what will happen yet.
because he has actual sources, he knew what would be in the 2nd trailer days before it dropped and even posted about it in here and he was right
The 2nd trailer was dropped during the DBS panel at NYCC, before it was even released officially online. No doubt he would've gotten the details from someone else if he wasn't there, there were A LOT of people in that panel (I was there too). Heck, Nozawa said that was the first time she saw that trailer as well.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:34 pm

Rakurai wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:
IM21 wrote:
why is this a spoiler? anyone can make a video saying ''Yamcha will defeat Broly''. No one knows what will happen yet.
because he has actual sources, he knew what would be in the 2nd trailer days before it dropped and even posted about it in here and he was right
The 2nd trailer was dropped during the DBS panel at NYCC, before it was even released officially online. No doubt he would've gotten the details from someone else if he wasn't there, there were A LOT of people in that panel (I was there too). Heck, Nozawa said that was the first time she saw that trailer as well.

Wrong. The panel was on Friday, The trailer dropped on Thursday online. He posted what would be in the trailer a day or two before thursday.

Melkaniator
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Melkaniator » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:14 pm

SSJgogeto wrote:
Melkaniator wrote:Bardock wearing a normal armor
I like that, actually. I don't see any sense in give him an exclusive armor.
Because he was the main character in that special, and as such he was given a more interesting look.

In this movie he match how lame this version is though.
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
Melkaniator wrote:Bardock wearing a normal armor
Which is no different from the normal armor he wore in the TV special from decades ago.
100% false claim.

The OG was green, and had the spiky shoulders.
Miracles wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Miracles wrote:You show me where the anime keeps continuity from the OG Dragonball better than the manga?
You're kind of missing the point. In my opinion the anime has better writing. You claim that it is somehow an undeniable fact that the manga has better writing, but given the subjective nature of it, it is not a fact.

Then you seem to want to trivialize the writing's quality to just encompass it's cohesiveness with the original Dragon Ball.
It's not based on opinion. It's based on fact that the manga keeps continuity and coherency of Dragonball's story better than the anime. That's not on your or my feelings but story continuation truth.
I agree, anime use stuff that mostly adds out of place scenes or pure inconsistency.
Miracles wrote:
Even if the movie is good. With fandoms, people complain cause their favorite didn't do X.
I don't care about favorite characters, I care about decent story, cool fights, and variety.

I want Vegeta to defeat a main villain, not because I'm his hardcore fan, but because it's about time.
DBS anime is a fan service series that delivers irrelevant dialogue, inconsistent writing, and lazy designs.

The DB manga never had so many mistakes, nor those were this constant.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:18 pm

Since when is it a must that Broly has green hair ... Broly just had blond hair with a green tint in the original movie. And in his second movie it was even more clear. He just got totally green hair through games and stuff.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Melkaniator
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Melkaniator » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:12 pm

Shaddy wrote:
Melkaniator wrote: Irrelevant in this matter.
I mean...not really. Good color coordination with UI in the future would be a good thing, but it's not here right now.
The fact that he hasn't it was all that matters.

And no, I don't think something silver in his attire would look good, Broly has it's matching SS hair pelt, and it looks horrible.
Shaddy wrote:
Melkaniator wrote: As common as not having it apparently.
It's never too late to start.
For what I saw with Broly's new design, I think it's never too late to stop.
Shaddy wrote:
Melkaniator wrote: I disagree, pants, pelt, and generic Saiya-jin boots, all inferior to his OG design IMHO.
It's really not that different. Either way it'd never be a deal breaker.
Being a deal breaker is besides the point, having Goku and Vegeta return to their old attires instead of the (finally) new attires wasn't a deal breaker for me either, doesn't change the fact that it was a bad idea.
Shaddy wrote:
Melkaniator wrote: #1) I didn't either, if you paid attention, I meant the combo, not just a single thing.

#2) And you can like whatever, I don't like this movie's style.

I just saw them on DB Heroes cards, and I don't want ANY of those cards, they look lame AF.
I mean...all of Heroes is lame.
I disagree completely.

Most cards are from decent to awesome art, the Ultra Instinct one shown at the end before the DBH logo hits in their recent trailers is beautiful art, the Broly movie ones are the subpar ones.

Plus Heroes changed Vegetto's attire accordingly with Goku and Vegeta's attire at the time of fusion, and Goku: Xeno has a great new design, better work than Super in many of their designs.
Shaddy wrote: Regardless I'm still not seeing much of a concrete reason to call an entire film garbage. You've told me you don't like Shintani's designs even though you seem to agree that they're better than Super's, and two characters have colors and outfit choices you personally dislike. That's what you've told me so far.
False.

I also said that the movie "will not explore anything I'm interested in" as in I don't really care about Broly, you might think it's too soon to tell, but going of by what they've done in Super, I kinda can tell when something will not be interesting to me.

Also, I don't consider Shintani's designs better than the best of Super.
Shaddy wrote:I don't think I'd ever walk away from a film for problems as minor as those
#1) You'll just keep missing the point apparently.

#2) You can walk away at whatever thing in whatever series, that's not my problem.
Shaddy wrote:Also don't generalize anyone who disagrees with you as "not paying attention", that's a cheap shortcut to fake logical superiority and it'll get you nowhere.
Wasn't the intention, if you feel inferior that's on you.

And no, I'm not using this with anyone that's actually paying attention, you would know that if...

...well, if you paid attention.

I CLEARLY posted it was a "combination" if you didn't paid attention to that it's not me trying to "look superior" in anyway, but just me pointing what you did wrong at the time.
DBS anime is a fan service series that delivers irrelevant dialogue, inconsistent writing, and lazy designs.

The DB manga never had so many mistakes, nor those were this constant.