Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Re: Official "DB 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:17 pm

Grimlock wrote:
This looks good, though I didn't like it how Goku muscles were on it, but they always can improve and I love how fluid it looks.
Dbzfan94 wrote:It looks like a Saiyan before they had the armor. Maybe Yamoshi?
Or ancient Broly!
OLKv3 wrote:Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not
Don't you remember that the teaser of RoF had a scene of Goku turning into a SSJ with his old gi, something that never happened in the actual movie?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Post by thegamer23 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:21 pm

I have a feeling that we'll see this new enemy appearing in sunday's Dragon ball Super's Finale

Would make sense, to let the hype go ultra even more.
Last edited by thegamer23 on Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:22 pm

Dragono wrote:Most animation experts i talked about to say that style of animation is purposely made loose so animation can look more fluid.
No, it's so that the computer can easily detect and replicate shapes for animation and transitions and do the work for them automatically. They save a lot of time and money that way, but the drawbacks are obvious. It's cheap, in the truest sense of the word.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:25 pm

Kakarot wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Kakarot wrote:My next opponent has an interesting design. Hope I'll transform into Ultra Instinct, though. Refreshing to finally get to move a bit more.
Don't get your hopes up, Kakarot, I'll be the one to defeat this opponent!
You should be happy as the appetizer.
Wait, you're Goku or Black? lol

by Doctor.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:30 pm

Please Toriyama, let Vegeta get the "W"!

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:31 pm

I posted this in the Super animation thread but I’ll say it here too.

I thought I really liked this new style when I first saw the poster but now that I watch the trailer I’m not so sure. The animation is beautiful, don’t get me wrong, but none of it felt or looked like Dragon Ball Z to me. I don’t like the oversimplified approach to where there’s not even any shading at all in some of the shots.

I’ll take highly detailed and shaded drawings over shadeless fluid smears any day, but thats just my personal opinion.

It feels like Dragon Ball is constantly de-evolving in terms of its art style. It’s just constantly getting simpler and simpler. For the next movie we might just get stick figures.
jeffbr92 wrote:Image

That SSJ Goku design is really good, it reminds me from this classic one a bit and his Android arc anime design
This however, is beautiful. Yet the trailer looked nothing like this...? Or is this not from the movie?

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:35 pm

Mercenary wrote:Please Toriyama, let Vegeta get the "W"!
I actually would like Vegeta to get the "M". Seeing Majin Vegeta to return on this movie would be amazing.

by Doctor.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:39 pm

Asura wrote:This however, is beautiful. Yet the trailer looked nothing like this...? Or is this not from the movie?
DB movie teasers tends to have scenes that were absent on the original picture.

EDIT: Sorry for double post.
Last edited by jeffbr92 on Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Doctor.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:39 pm

Looks fantastic for a teaser. I just hope the new antagonist doesn't have slightly alternated Goku/Vegeta/Gohan hair.
Feels over Reals.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:41 pm

This is what I was expecting to see at the end of 131 or at Anime Japan this weekend. What on earth are they going to show there if they're giving us this teaser right now? :eh:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:50 pm

Asura wrote:The animation is beautiful, don’t get me wrong, but none of it felt or looked like Dragon Ball Z to me. I don’t like the oversimplified approach to where there’s not even any shading at all in some of the shots. I’ll take highly detailed and shaded drawings over shadeless fluid smears any day, but thats just my personal opinion.
It looks like they've decided to sacrifice sharp, detailed art for a simple but more fluid and better choreographed one. I don't think this trailer is from the final version as we're far from release so hopefully it looks better in the actual movie.

In terms of DB's overall art style, it's definitely gotten a downgrade since the 90's so I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Mercenary wrote:Please Toriyama, let Vegeta get the "W"!
I'd love nothing more. :mrgreen:

I'm still waiting for that Vegeta centric movie he talked about back when BOG came out so with this being a saiyan past centric movie, hopefully this'll be it.
Last edited by sintzu on Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

NormalHero
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NormalHero » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:51 pm

it's me or this style i'ts similar to naho oishi's style?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:00 pm

HeroR wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Well that trailer was pretty dame cool.

As for our villain, I don think its Yamoshi. He was stated to have become a Super Saiyan but was good. Also as far as we know he was only a normal ss and later gave rise to SSG.

This person, and this is pure speculation on my part, is what Vegeta talked about when he saw Kale's Legendary Form. He is the true origin of Super Saiyans, The Original Legendary Super Saiyan!
You dumped Jiren for the new hotness already? Forshame.
I have a good reasons, I promise.

1) Original Gamer Tag. I have a big problem in this area, every single gamer tag I ever used has been taken. Frieza was long gone on originality by the time I joined steam and by the time I took on Jiren there were literarily nearly 1000 people with the name, even Belmod was being used by 10 or so people. Beerus and Champa had the same thing. Call it silly but for once I'd like to beat people to the punch and be first. This Saiyan provides such on opportunity. The second his name is announced I'm taking it, as a rule none changes there name on steam until a full trailer with the character is out for a while or the film itself is out. I know becuase, like the sad fool I am, when I've been mulling over what to change my tag to I've actually checked the community. Case in point the Indoraptor for JP Fallen Kingdom didn't show up until last month.

2) Despite what I may have said in the passed, once upon a time I was a Broly fanboy. It started with Budokai 3 as I had been out of the loop for years and none of the movies were sold in the UK proper, with only the Big Green dub is you were lucky to find any. My first film was Second coming and my younger self loved the character, to a lesser degree I still do. It's also part of why I like Kale so much. Hell my one and only fanfiction attempt was called Broly: The Rampaging Super Saiyan.

3) I have a pretty big weakness for green, see above.

4) This trailers got me very interested.

5) Depite my love of Jiren, the Pride Troppers and U11......I dont know they just don't suit me. I'll support them to the bitter end in the ToP and they will always be some of my faviorts but their heroes at the end of the day, damaged in Jiren's case, but heroes and ..... I'm not a hero supporter. I'm like Garo from one punch man, I like villains and I want villains to win.

6) I'm also a notriauly fickle beast at times and I jumped on Zamasu and Black pretty quickly back when they showed up to. It just this time I'm looking to sink my claws in and stay this time.

All selfish and silly reasons I know. Think of me as being a body swapper like Ginyu but instead of just jumping ship all the time, I'm looking for a unique body to call mine.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:02 pm

Not excited to see yet another powerful Saiyan appear out of nowhere and for Goku to likely be the only one to fight him.

I also worry that since this is a movie, he'll get yet ANOTHER new form since they want to market it like they did with God and Blue. They should have just saved the silver haired Ultra Instinct for this movie then, what a goddamn waste. What's next, Super Saiyan rainbow?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:09 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:This is what I was expecting to see at the end of 131 or at Anime Japan this weekend. What on earth are they going to show there if they're giving us this teaser right now? :eh:
It's also 30 seconds long just like a NEP. This teaser was subtitled in English so I'd imagine it would be the same but with Japanese writing with maybe more tidbits coming from the event.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:14 pm

precita wrote:Not excited to see yet another powerful Saiyan appear out of nowhere and for Goku to likely be the only one to fight him.

I also worry that since this is a movie, he'll get yet ANOTHER new form since they want to market it like they did with God and Blue. They should have just saved the silver haired Ultra Instinct for this movie then, what a goddamn waste. What's next, Super Saiyan rainbow?
Trust me, Goku will NOT be getting a new Form! 100% guaranteed! He just got Ultra Instinct. Please think about it.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:18 pm

I really dig the teaser, the animation and art style are really great and this new enemy is giving me LSSJ Broly vibe.
Mostly active on discord.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:18 pm

Btw, can’t we move this thread to the Super section of this website? Considering it is now confirmed to be a Dragon Ball “Super” Movie.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:19 pm

Thinking this new ‘villain’ might be Yamoshi.
Didn’t Toriyama mention that this movie will give a better understanding about Freeza and the Saiyans. I think if this is Yamoshi it could link to Freezas original fear (not through direct contact, as we know he didnt meet Freeza as a SSJ) and Yamoshi also links to the Saiyans, obviously. Making this a movie that technically has something to do with both Freeza and the Saiyans. I could be miles off, but I feel like the OG SSJ is a tie in for both parties Toriyama mentioned.
Last edited by Sora Saiyan on Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:24 pm

I think I just died. Also... Worldwide release on December 14?? Are Toei actually making the right decision for once?