Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IM21
Banned

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by IM21 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:51 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Where do you get this idea that most don't like Toyotaro's writing?
youtubers and twitter told him

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:43 am

Well dunno about others, but sure as hell I fucking don't :roll:

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:49 am

I love the way Toriyama actually makes red and blue GODLIKE. He's actually showing that red and blue is all that is necessary to compete.
Showing that god ki ain't useless but stands up to it's name as something special. No need for extra boosts to aid the forms.

I just wish Toriyama wrote scripts like this for the important arcs of Super TV.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:18 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Shueisha apparently releasing something on 14th Dec any idea what it could be?:
I am guessing it's probably gonna be an anime comic they seem to do for the movies. For folks that are gonna dab in full spoilers you've got pictures to go with I guess!
Oh, you mean the ones made out of images from the movie? The price point seems a little odd. It's less expensive than the BoG/RoF comics but it's still more than the Super manga volumes. :think:
Chuquita wrote:My guess is that's a mook guide. 734 yen is almost half of the 1333 yen the BoG anime comic costs, but well in the range of the BoG mook guide at 580 yen + five years of inflation.
I could be wrong.

Source: The books on my bookcase.

I definitely plan to buy the anime comic for this movie when they release a listing for it though.
What's a mook guide?
Its more than likely a one-shot prequel chapter of Broly’s youth or perhaps the Saiyans sort of like Kishimoto’s .xxx chapters in Naruto for the movies. Broly is popular, no doubt they are going to milk him for everything he is worth.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:44 am

A bunch of cinema locations have been added for the Australian release of Broly. There are already over 70 cinemas across Australia that are going to show the film. Madman said that there's going to be almost 200 cinemas that will show the film, so keep an eye out on that website if you're an Aussie fan to see if a theatre near you is going to show it.

The things I would do to get an IMAX screening for this film. That would be amazing.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:05 am

Xeztin wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Shueisha apparently releasing something on 14th Dec any idea what it could be?:
I am guessing it's probably gonna be an anime comic they seem to do for the movies. For folks that are gonna dab in full spoilers you've got pictures to go with I guess!
Oh, you mean the ones made out of images from the movie? The price point seems a little odd. It's less expensive than the BoG/RoF comics but it's still more than the Super manga volumes. :think:
Chuquita wrote:My guess is that's a mook guide. 734 yen is almost half of the 1333 yen the BoG anime comic costs, but well in the range of the BoG mook guide at 580 yen + five years of inflation.
I could be wrong.

Source: The books on my bookcase.

I definitely plan to buy the anime comic for this movie when they release a listing for it though.
What's a mook guide?
Its more than likely a one-shot prequel chapter of Broly’s youth or perhaps the Saiyans sort of like Kishimoto’s .xxx chapters in Naruto for the movies. Broly is popular, no doubt they are going to milk him for everything he is worth.
This is the first time in modern DB's almost 6 year history that DB is getting as much love as One Piece (finally) when it comes to marketing. They're going in so much for this film. Pretty much everything now just hinders on the narrative being good.

If the narrative is actually good then this easily will be the best thing to ever come from DB.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:34 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: This is the first time in modern DB's almost 6 year history that DB is getting as much love as One Piece (finally) when it comes to marketing. They're going in so much for this film. Pretty much everything now just hinders on the narrative being good.

If the narrative is actually good then this easily will be the best thing to ever come from DB.
I'm really glad they're sticking to their word and putting so much effort into this movie. Not just through the marketing but they're really trying to freshen the series up visually and I hope it carries on after the movie.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:44 am

Am I the only one expecting a Gogeta Re-design? Granted I wont mind if he looked like his movie 12 incarnation, but if we're being consistent here, everyone who's being reintroduced in this movie got make-overs, so Gogeta should be getting one too, right?
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:14 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:Am I the only one expecting a Gogeta Re-design? Granted I wont mind if he looked like his movie 12 incarnation, but if we're being consistent here, everyone who's being reintroduced in this movie got make-overs, so Gogeta should be getting one too, right?
Had a dream he was revealed and basically was the same design except he had a white and gold vest, white pants and gold belt and black shoes. It did look pretty cool. I remember being disappointed when I woke up actually lol.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:21 am

Rakurai wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote: Lee deserves so much more than a Yamcha spin-off, but Toyotaro will probably get everything that's connected to the main story.
The more i think about it, Toyotaro is basically the Yamamuro of the DB story telling community. Just like most dont like Yamamuro’s art, most dont like Toyotaro’s writing and like Yamamuro, we wish Toyotaro would just be moved to DBHeroes or something.

I’m not gonna completely write Toyo off yet. First, i need to see what he can do when either given the authority to create his own arc or when giving the ability to start an arc before the DBS anime and Toei can. And without being rushed this time because he’s clearly being rushed by Shueisha when it comes to the T.o.P arc
Where do you get this idea that most don't like Toyotaro's writing?
Most of the vocal members if the db community
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:22 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:Am I the only one expecting a Gogeta Re-design? Granted I wont mind if he looked like his movie 12 incarnation, but if we're being consistent here, everyone who's being reintroduced in this movie got make-overs, so Gogeta should be getting one too, right?
I’d say its a 50/50 chance. I have a strong feeling he’s gonna have white gloves this time around.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:24 am

IM21 wrote: youtubers and twitter told him
That would be sad. They don't even make up a majority of the DB community based on numbers alone, when compared to the number of DBS volumes sold.
AnimeNation101 wrote: Most of the vocal members if the db community
Define DB community. Are you talking about the internet, which makes up a small percentage of people that actually consume DB, or the elitists like YouTubers/Twitters that only comprise an even smaller percentage of people (I wouldn't even give it 5% tbh) that consume DB in general?
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:37 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
I’d say its a 50/50 chance. I have a strong feeling he’s gonna have white gloves this time around.
why white gloves?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:21 am

I don't think he'll look too different than he normally does. His outfit is the big question for me. I wonder if he'll keep the same clothes he always had or if he'll get something different? Gotenks is the only other example of Metamoran fusion so we don't have much to go off of. I'd love it if he looked like EX Gogeta from DB Fusions with an orange battle suit and white/gold armor but I'm sure people would be pissed if he didn't get the vest and baggy pants.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:21 am

Miracles wrote:I love the way Toriyama actually makes red and blue GODLIKE. He's actually showing that red and blue is all that is necessary to compete.
Showing that god ki ain't useless but stands up to it's name as something special.
I'm not really seeing any difference. Broly just seems another character that doesn't have God ki and will keep up with them.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:37 am

Rakurai wrote: Define DB community. Are you talking about the internet, which makes up a small percentage of people that actually consume DB, or the elitists like YouTubers/Twitters that only comprise an even smaller percentage of people (I wouldn't even give it 5% tbh) that consume DB in general?
The echo chamber effect of the internet makes it really easy to lose sight of this and it applies equally to both the anime and the manga, I think. The online fandom is constantly at each others' throats with their anime vs manga war but both versions of the series continue to do very well for themselves.

It's kinda like Broly. The hard core fandom really despised him to the point it was hard to even talk about him before Toriyama's stamp of approval made it socially acceptable to like him again, but he was constantly showing up in video games and the like because evidently he's quite popular and a lot of people like him despite his flaws.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:20 pm

Take this with a grain of salt since someone translated a snippet on /a/: But it appears SSB Goku doesn't have stamina issues in the film while SSB Vegeta does

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:27 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:Take this with a grain of salt since someone translated a snippet on /a/: But it appears SSB Goku doesn't have stamina issues in the film while SSB Vegeta does
And where does this information come from? From the stickersets perhaps?

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:30 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:Take this with a grain of salt since someone translated a snippet on /a/: But it appears SSB Goku doesn't have stamina issues in the film while SSB Vegeta does
And where does this information come from? From the stickersets perhaps?

Yeah I believe so. It would also fit with Nagamine's statement about goku quickly approaching the level of the gods while vegeta is desperately trying to catch up. If one has huge stamina issues and the other one doesn't then its gonna play a big part in reaching that level

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:46 pm

If that's true its kinda strange Goku is the one in advantage, considering Vegeta unlocked a stronger version of SSB in both versions and he has been using the Time Chamber more than Goku...
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.