Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cetra
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Cetra » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:50 am

BrolyKale wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Let's have every Saiyan reach SSGSS too. Let's get the U6 Saiyans in too. Let's get a UI Gogeta/Vegetto fusions. Let's make Piccolo fuse with the U6 Namekians and become a Super Namekian God. Let's get Freeza to fuse with Frost as well while we're at it. And hell even Champa and Beerus too.

All of that should be enough to beat Broly right? :P
Of course that's not enough. What we need is all 12 universes vs Broly.
Well we more or less got that impression from Jiren so why not for Broly.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:46 am

I really really hope there aren't any fusions in the movie. Worst case scenario for me would be a fusion followed by Ultra Instinct.
sintzu wrote:I think there's a 30% chance Gogeta shows up while the other 70% is Goku using UI to take Broly down. Bardock's special is being shown cause the movie will go into some Saiyan history which will most likely include Bardock as Toriyama said something about Destiny. Broly's movie is being shown cause he's the main villain. That leaves fusion reborn which could be like you said but why not pick Cooler's second movie instead as that also had Goku and Vegeta fighting together ?
Because Frieza's also in it but not Revenge of the Return of Cooler's Revenge? :P I think it and the Bardock special are the only movies where he's not a stock footage cameo.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bardock does show up in the 'past' part of the movie's story. Frieza is familiar with him to some degree.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:56 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Bardock does show up in the 'past' part of the movie's story. Frieza is familiar with him to some degree.
"the paths of destiny that lead to an encounter between Goku, Vegeta, and Broly". Based on this I think it's safe to say there'll be something revolving around Bardock, Paragus and King Vegeta. We know why the Bardock special and Broly movie are being shown, now we have to figure out why they picked fusion reborn. With a producer saying there's going to be a lot of fan service, I think Gogeta is more likely than we think. The problem with UI is that it'll mean Broly would be on Jiren's level, something I don't think they want to do, at least not yet.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:40 pm

BrolyKale wrote:I don't mind seeing Gogeta, but then I should ask why Gogeta and not Vegetto? and I don't think a foe like Broly would let them do the fusion dance...
Because Gogeta is more badass than Vegetto and he has a game rivalry with Broly:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Man, now that I noticed, Budokai 3 opening had Broly with golden hair, way better than that pinnacle hair!
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:04 pm

Given the remastered movies you US people will have during fall, it's fair to think Gogeta would be a given in the upcoming Super Broly movie.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:07 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:I don't mind seeing Gogeta, but then I should ask why Gogeta and not Vegetto? and I don't think a foe like Broly would let them do the fusion dance...
Because Gogeta is more badass than Vegetto and he has a game rivalry with Broly:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Man, now that I noticed, Budokai 3 opening had Broly with golden hair, way better than that pinnacle hair!
I know he is badass and all, I do like Gogeta but I mean why would they use Gogeta instead of Vegetto in the movie? what will be the reason? because the potara fusion is much stronger and much easier so I dunno...
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:10 pm

I'll be just fine with UI Goku. That's enough fanservice for one game.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:11 pm

sintzu wrote:With a producer saying there's going to be a lot of fan service, I think Gogeta is more likely than we think. The problem with UI is that it'll mean Broly would be on Jiren's level, something I don't think they want to do, at least not yet.
Toriyama also said there'd be plenty of fan service too. That doesn't necesssrily mean 'hey, here's this old thing you guys like so much' but I wouldn't be surprised. One of the reasons I hope it's not a fusion is that we just had Broly God vs a fusion in the 4D attraction. That was Audienceku instead of Gogeta but it's the same concept.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:12 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
precita wrote:If Broly dies in the movie than Kale won't meet him anyway, assuming no U6 characters appear in this.
Like they would be that stupid to create a 'canon' Broly just to kill him off in the same movie. Mark my words: this film will be the first of the Broly trilogy.
Yeah there's no way. He is going to either do the standard Dragon Ball villain thing and turn good or he will be killed.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:15 pm

BrolyKale wrote:what will be the reason? because the potara fusion is much stronger and much easier so I dunno...
The reason would be Kaioshin of East, he has to be conveniently near for Goku and Vegeta to fuse through Potara method. Realistically speaking, it's not like he would always be available, standing right there with the earrings on the palms of his hands whenever Goku and Vegeta need to fuse (weird, I think we've seen this happening before, haven't we?), so they will have no other option other than having to rely on the Metamoru fusion.
Last edited by Grimlock on Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:21 pm

emperior wrote:I wouldn’t mind Gogeta appearing for a short time, in which he would hold his own against Broly while also showing his stylish fighting style. As long as he doesn’t last for 10 movie minutes and doesn’t beat Broly, of course. He could just work as a tool to show how hopeless Goku and Vegeta are against Broly, by showing that not even their fusion is enough to beat him, thus making Broly feel like a true threat much more.
I also hope that, if eventually even Beerus joins the fight, that he is defeated too. We know Whis is neutral and doesn’t fight so it wouldn’t be a surprise to see that he wouldn’t intervene in the fight. Of course Broly could try to attack him, but I think in that case Whis would just effortlessly dodge the attacks without counterattacking as he wouldn’t feel like his life would be in danger.
If Whis is present, even if Broly attacks him, wouldn't his presence kind of lower the tension involved? Because it would just seem that the solution is just to convince Whis to fight Broly. I would like a concrete way to keep Whis from intervening even if he wanted to. Like if somebody asked Whis why he doesn't help and fight and he says something like "If I interfered with mortal fights my father would kill me!" Or something like that. That way, Whis is unquestionable taken out of the equation and we get a look into Daishinkan's "parenting" style. So essentially, if Beerus gets stomped by him and Whis is unable to intervene, it would induce a feeling of helplessness for our heroes.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:26 pm

PFM18 wrote:
emperior wrote:I wouldn’t mind Gogeta appearing for a short time, in which he would hold his own against Broly while also showing his stylish fighting style. As long as he doesn’t last for 10 movie minutes and doesn’t beat Broly, of course. He could just work as a tool to show how hopeless Goku and Vegeta are against Broly, by showing that not even their fusion is enough to beat him, thus making Broly feel like a true threat much more.
I also hope that, if eventually even Beerus joins the fight, that he is defeated too. We know Whis is neutral and doesn’t fight so it wouldn’t be a surprise to see that he wouldn’t intervene in the fight. Of course Broly could try to attack him, but I think in that case Whis would just effortlessly dodge the attacks without counterattacking as he wouldn’t feel like his life would be in danger.
If Whis is present, even if Broly attacks him, wouldn't his presence kind of lower the tension involved? Because it would just seem that the solution is just to convince Whis to fight Broly. I would like a concrete way to keep Whis from intervening even if he wanted to. Like if somebody asked Whis why he doesn't help and fight and he says something like "If I interfered with mortal fights my father would kill me!" Or something like that. That way, Whis is unquestionable taken out of the equation and we get a look into Daishinkan's "parenting" style. So essentially, if Beerus gets stomped by him and Whis is unable to intervene, it would induce a feeling of helplessness for our heroes.
Whis never interfere in a real fight.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:39 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
That is what we are told in the story. Yes. But In-Universe it would just seem that convincing Whis would be their best/easiest option to win. There needs to be a way to make sure Whis absolutely cannot interfere that way we know certain that they have to find a way to beat him themselves.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:18 pm

PFM18 wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
That is what we are told in the story. Yes. But In-Universe it would just seem that convincing Whis would be their best/easiest option to win. There needs to be a way to make sure Whis absolutely cannot interfere that way we know certain that they have to find a way to beat him themselves.
Whis is neutral. He cannot fight. He says he cannot fight. Do you want him to say it again? Whis fighting has never been an option.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:30 pm

BrolyKale wrote:I know he is badass and all, I do like Gogeta but I mean why would they use Gogeta instead of Vegetto in the movie? what will be the reason? because the potara fusion is much stronger and much easier so I dunno...
The Potara Earrings have to be available to use Potara fusion. I doubt Goku and Vegeta carry those earrings around in their pockets. Metamoran fusion can be done anywhere, provided the fusees know how to do the dance. Vegeta has never done the fusion in canon, but he has observed his son doing it. Considering this is the same universe where Trunks learned the Evil Containment Wave in two minutes by watching Piccolo demonstrate on a phone recording, it wouldn't be the most far-fetched thing the series has ever done if Vegeta just performed the dance perfectly on his first try.
Last edited by ZeroNeonix on Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:31 pm

People already building expectations for Gogeta based off the most flimsy reasoning the U.S screenings. If it's a movie/special to depict Saiyans those are probably the three I would have chosen anyway, hell when Toei announced them nobody was like the villain is Broly, but know people acting like Gogeta is semi confirmed? Come on now.

I'm just glad in a few weeks all this fusion talk will (hopefully) be put to bed.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:03 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I'm just glad in a few weeks all this fusion talk will (hopefully) be put to bed.
Just like the Broly talk was, right... :lol:

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:33 pm

A week ago, I would’ve thought the chances of Gogeta being in this movie were non-existent. At this point, though, I wouldn’t put that past this movie.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:35 pm

Bergamo wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:Whis never interfere in a real fight.
Whis is neutral. He cannot fight. He says he cannot fight. Do you want him to say it again? Whis fighting has never been an option.
Exactly. We have seen how Angels do not give a shit about their Gods or other mortals. Not even Whis does, even though it seems like he has grown fond of Goku and co. In RoF, Beerus agreed to time being reversed in Goku’s favor. So yeah, Beerus cares about them and he would probably risk his life to save Goku and Vegeta, even if he would act like he did that because he wanted a good fight.
Toriyama even corrected Toyotaro, who wanted to depict Belmod and Marcarita as lovers, to keep the Angels completely neutral to everything and everyone. Even Daishinkan is completely neutral. He just follows Zeno’s orders as his offsprings do with their respective Hakaishins.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:39 pm

emperior wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Exactly. We have seen how Angels do not give a shit about their Gods or other mortals. Not even Whis does, even though it seems like he has grown fond of Goku and co. In RoF, Beerus agreed to time being reversed in Goku’s favor. So yeah, Beerus cares about them and he would probably risk his life to save Goku and Vegeta, even if he would act like he did that because he wanted a good fight.
Toriyama even corrected Toyotaro, who wanted to depict Belmod and Marcarita as lovers, to keep the Angels completely neutral to everything and everyone. Even Daishinkan is completely neutral. He just follows Zeno’s orders as his offsprings do with their respective Hakaishins.
The thing would be interesting though what would be happening if their own lives/existence are in question. They hardly should be prohibited of fighting to defend themselves.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"