How strong is Jiren compared to Beerus?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: How strong is Jiren compared to Beerus?

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:49 am

Ask the creators. Theres nothing in the anime that implies jiren is weaker or stronger. The manga had jiren treat CSSB opponents as shit, something beerus has only been shown doing. So if anything, jirens power is shown to be no different than beerus for now. But I'm sure belmod can do the same to CSSb goku.

This is a question that no one can answer as a fact, so youll just be getting peoples opinion.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:00 am

Toriyama seems to certifiably be pleased with keeping Beers at the top of the food chain for the time being and I see that reflected in Jiren, too. Beers might show recognition of Jiren and Gokuu's current states but I don't think that means he thinks we wouldn't stand a chance.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:54 pm

I think they tried to imply that Beerus is weaker than Jiren throughout the anime. Whis said that he was weaker than a GoD who we later find out was Belmod and mentions that the mortal of that universe(who we now know as Jiren) can beat him. At the very least him being stronger than Belmod would indicate he is beyond the level of Gods of Destruction. Per Whis's statement.

Jiren>Belmod>Beerus

and a more extended version:

UI Goku>LB Jiren>FP Jiren>Belmod>Beerus>=UI Omen Phase 3

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Mon May 07, 2018 2:01 pm

Beerus would take Jiren easily. He has no abilities but his strength. Beerus has Ultra Instinct. Beerus is probably the strongest Hakaishin.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Mon May 07, 2018 2:05 pm

PFM18 wrote:I think they tried to imply that Beerus is weaker than Jiren throughout the anime. Whis said that he was weaker than a GoD who we later find out was Belmod and mentions that the mortal of that universe(who we now know as Jiren) can beat him. At the very least him being stronger than Belmod would indicate he is beyond the level of Gods of Destruction. Per Whis's statement.

Jiren>Belmod>Beerus

The rumor was that the person was stronger than the Hakaishin who beat Beerus in an arm-wrestling match. Arm-wrestling is not the same as hand-to-hand combat. Jiren is not stronger than Beerus

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon May 07, 2018 3:18 pm

Meshack wrote:
PFM18 wrote:I think they tried to imply that Beerus is weaker than Jiren throughout the anime. Whis said that he was weaker than a GoD who we later find out was Belmod and mentions that the mortal of that universe(who we now know as Jiren) can beat him. At the very least him being stronger than Belmod would indicate he is beyond the level of Gods of Destruction. Per Whis's statement.

Jiren>Belmod>Beerus

The rumor was that the person was stronger than the Hakaishin who beat Beerus in an arm-wrestling match. Arm-wrestling is not the same as hand-to-hand combat. Jiren is not stronger than Beerus
Whis said that Belmod was stronger. Beerus waa the one that disputed it because it was an arm wrestling match. All that means is Beerus disagrees. Whis could think Belmod>Beerus for any number of reasons rather than just the arm wrestling match. Point is, Whis said it outright regardless of why.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Mon May 07, 2018 4:43 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Meshack wrote:

Jiren>Belmod>Beerus

Whis said that Belmod was stronger. Beerus waa the one that disputed it because it was an arm wrestling match. All that means is Beerus disagrees. Whis could think Belmod>Beerus for any number of reasons rather than just the arm wrestling match. Point is, Whis said it outright regardless of why.
If you can’t give me Whis saying Belmod is stronger than Beerus then you’re false. Arm-wrestling is far different than combat

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon May 07, 2018 4:50 pm

Whether Belmond is stronger than Beerus we cannot be sure(although Whis seems to think so), but what we can be sure of is that Belmond defeated Beerus in a strenght contest. Maybe Beerus is a better fighter, more skilled, with a better technique, maybe not, but without a doubt Belmond's right(or left) arm is stronger than Beerus'. Regarding physical strenght, the show says Belmond is stronger.

If Beerus is stronger than Belmond, then it isn't by that much because there was a power display and Beerus lost, so he wouldn't stomp. And Jiren actually is way stronger than Belmond, so...

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Mon May 07, 2018 4:52 pm

Meshack wrote:Beerus would take Jiren easily. He has no abilities but his strength. Beerus has Ultra Instinct. Beerus is probably the strongest Hakaishin.
1. No Beerus wouldn’t take him easily, Jiren at one point was dominating Completed UI Goku until Goku got his friendship/rage boosts

2. Beerus has incomplete UI, this is shown in the manga and stated by Whis in the anime. Goku had to get the completed UI to overtake Jiren

3. Beerus being THE strongest GoD is pure headcanon. No where in the anime has that been stated and in the manga, Beerus and Quitela fight was stopped by GP before we got a result

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Mon May 07, 2018 4:59 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:
Meshack wrote:Beerus would take Jiren easily. He has no abilities but his strength. Beerus has Ultra Instinct. Beerus is probably the strongest Hakaishin.
1. No Beerus wouldn’t take him easily, Jiren at one point was dominating Completed UI Goku until Goku got his friendship/rage boosts

2. Beerus has incomplete UI, this is shown in the manga and stated by Whis in the anime. Goku had to get the completed UI to overtake Jiren

3. Beerus being THE strongest GoD is pure headcanon. No where in the anime has that been stated and in the manga, Beerus and Quitela fight was stopped by GP before we got a result
I didn’t say Beerus is the strongest Hakaishin. I said he “probably is.” I wasn’t making a definite statement and was giving facts. Although, in the comic, Beerus told Vegeta he could be a Hakaishin for another universe as it would 1000000 years to challenge him and Gokou-Black said Beerus is the most troublesome Hakaishin. Beerus said he could take Quitela in combat.

Gokou did need Ultra Instinct to take on Jiren. That’s because Ultra Instinct -Sign- was only temporary. Beerus took on almost all of the Hakaishin but was caught off guard. How could Beerus get caught off guard in a one-on-one using Ultra Instinct? Gokou’s Ultra Instinct is only temporary until he was trapped in a corner where as Beerus can use ut any time.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Mon May 07, 2018 5:04 pm

Meshack wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:

I didn’t say Beerus is the strongest Hakaishin. I said he “probably is.” I wasn’t making a definite statement and was giving facts. Although, in the comic, Beerus told Vegeta he could be a Hakaishin for another universe as it would 1000000 years to challenge him and Gokou-Black said Beerus is the most troublesome Hakaishin. Beerus said he could take Quitela in combat.

Gokou did need Ultra Instinct to take on Jiren. That’s because Ultra Instinct -Sign- was only temporary. Beerus took on almost all of the Hakaishin but was caught off guard. How could Beerus get caught off guard in a one-on-one using Ultra Instinct? Gokou’s Ultra Instinct is only temporary until he was trapped in a corner where as Beerus can use ut any time.

1. Beerus said Vegeta could be a CANDIDATE to be a GoD elsewhere not a GoD.

2. Goku Black and Zamasu never fought any GoD so how would he know about their powers? That could easily just mean that Beerus meddles in shit more than other GoDs

3. Beerus took on all the GoDs before anyone got serious, at the end of chapter 28 , Quitela himself said the real battle starts now.

In Chapter 29 it became a free for all brawl and Beerus wasn't the targeted one anymore. Belmod trapping the GoDs in an attack and flinging his cards at them, Helles shooting Liquir, Liquir attacking Belmod, Rumshi going crazy and stampeding, etc.

UI Sign wasn't enough power wise to beat Jiren, which is why they had him complete the form to surpass Jiren. Like how on Namek kkx20 couldn't surpass Freeza but Super Saiyan did

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon May 07, 2018 5:12 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Toriyama seems to certifiably be pleased with keeping Beers at the top of the food chain for the time being and I see that reflected in Jiren, too. Beers might show recognition of Jiren and Gokuu's current states but I don't think that means he thinks we wouldn't stand a chance.
This is the most sensible answer. So far nothing directly implies Beerus was surpassed. We don’t even know the full extent of his abilities.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon May 07, 2018 5:16 pm

Meshack wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Meshack wrote: The rumor was that the person was stronger than the Hakaishin who beat Beerus in an arm-wrestling match. Arm-wrestling is not the same as hand-to-hand combat. Jiren is not stronger than Beerus
If you can’t give me Whis saying Belmod is stronger than Beerus then you’re false. Arm-wrestling is far different than combat
Thats what Whis said but Beerus waa under the imoressiom that Whis rationalized this notion by an arm wrestling match and disagrees with that notion. However, we dont really know what Whis was basing his statement on, we just know that he said it. And I'll take Whis's word that Belmod>Beerus. So it follows then that:

UI Goku (rage boost)> Limit Breaker Jiren>UI Goku (initial)>Jiren full-power>Belmod>Beerus~3rd UI Omen Goku

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Tue May 08, 2018 12:05 am

ToshioWrites wrote:
Meshack wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:

2. Goku Black and Zamasu never fought any GoD so how would he know about their powers? That could easily just mean that Beerus meddles in shit more than other GoDs

3. Beerus took on all the GoDs before anyone got serious, at the end of chapter 28 , Quitela himself said the real battle starts now.

In Chapter 29 it became a free for all brawl and Beerus wasn't the targeted one anymore. Belmod trapping the GoDs in an attack and flinging his cards at them, Helles shooting Liquir, Liquir attacking Belmod, Rumshi going crazy and stampeding, etc.

UI Sign wasn't enough power wise to beat Jiren, which is why they had him complete the form to surpass Jiren. Like how on Namek kkx20 couldn't surpass Freeza but Super Saiyan did
You’re right, Beerus did say candidate. I didn’t say Gokou-Black fought against the Hakaishins. I just said that he was already aware that Beerus was the most troublesome. I didn’t equate anything to power.

There’s really no evidence to support Juren being stronger than Beerus. All we know is that Jiren is stronger than Belmod. Asking if Jiren is stronger than Beerus is like asking if Vegetto is stronger than Beerus. There’s no concrete proof. I believe Beerus is stronger than Juren is due to the fact that Beerus lost to him in a arm-wrestling match, not in combat.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Tue May 08, 2018 12:06 am

ToshioWrites wrote:
Meshack wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:

You’re right, Beerus did say candidate. I didn’t say Gokou-Black fought against the Hakaishins. I just said that he was already aware that Beerus was the most troublesome. I didn’t equate anything to power.

There’s really no evidence to support Juren being stronger than Beerus. All we know is that Jiren is stronger than Belmod. Asking if Jiren is stronger than Beerus is like asking if Vegetto is stronger than Beerus. There’s no concrete proof. I believe Beerus is stronger than Jiren is due to the fact that Beerus lost to the Hakaishin in a arm-wrestling match, not in combat.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Tue May 08, 2018 12:11 am

How can you say there's no evidence. You just choose to believe beerus saying he only lost an arm wrestling match over whis saying there was a GoD stronger than beerus. If you took Whis statement and chose to believe it, its very clear that jiren is above it.

Ignoring the other side doesn't mean there's no case

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Tue May 08, 2018 12:22 am

ToshioWrites wrote:How can you say there's no evidence. You just choose to believe beerus saying he only lost an arm wrestling match over whis saying there was a GoD stronger than beerus. If you took Whis statement and chose to believe it, its very clear that jiren is above it.

Ignoring the other side doesn't mean there's no case
Whis does say that the universe with the strong human (Jiren) that Hakaishin is stronger than Beerus. However, we know that Whis likes to joke around with Beerus. He was even laughing in the scene. We can’t really say if that statement is true or not. Beerus said he only lost once in an arm-wrestling and that was with Quitela (we know from the comic.) if anything, Beerus is overall stronger than the others

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Tue May 08, 2018 12:31 am

I'm gonna end it with this: Beerus said he only lost once and that was by Quitela in an arm-wrestling match. Beerus told Whis to not go around and say Belmod was stronger than Beerus. I can’t really say anything but that it’s not confirmed.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Tue May 08, 2018 2:30 am

Honest answer is we don't know. All we know is that Jiren is inferior to Ultra Instinct. They made sure to never give a specific answer, just that Jiren is stronger than "his" god of destruction. He never fully wow'd the GoDs like Goku did with Ultra Instinct. And the manga made sure to not reveal how Beerus and Belmod compare to each other since Belmod feigned injury in the battle royal
They've left it inconclusive me thinks so they can have a Goku vs Beerus rematch in the future if they so chose.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri May 11, 2018 12:10 am

this is one way to put, jiren has actually statements, and hits that put him at least on beerus level, if not above. While beerus has no statements that put him above Jiren or UI Goku.
We also have jiren braking his limit, which put him far above his previous full power, which was already above at least his hakaishins and other ones. I dont see beerus being that much stronger than belmod, if at any. (Not to mention we have an official 129 promo poster with beerus stating that UI omen goku was possibly beyond him).