Pride Trooper Vuon is a nazi?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Pride Trooper Vuon is a nazi?

Post by Mercenary » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:37 pm

I don't know what to think about it guys.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Re: Pride Trooper Vuon is a nazi?

Post by ToshioWrites » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:19 pm

Hahahahahaha I am dying of laughter. What a post! Wow man !! Keep it up !

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:12 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:Hahahahahaha I am dying of laughter. What a post! Wow man !! Keep it up !
I am not gonna lie, I've got pretty confused when I saw this image for the first time xD.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:00 pm

Amazingly astute and accurate observation, Mercenary. You're absolutely right, but this shouldn't come as a surprise. As we all know, Akira Toriyama is a white supremacist. Many of his characters can be found giving the Nazi salute, including Recoome, Great Saiyaman and even our lord and savior Mr. Satan. Some may doubt that Mr. Satan is truly giving the salute due the extension of one of his fingers, but he is actually calling himself number one in addition to the salute. Number one Nazi, that is.

We can't forget about the leader of the Pride Troopers either, of course. Toppo can constantly be seen giving the salute to his alternate dimension Universe 11 Hitler counterpart (who also wears a spandex Pride Trooper uniform) whenever he uses his Justice Flash ability. It might not look like it since he uses one hand to grip his arm, but this is because his big meaty claws are too heavy to give the salute without extra support. It's rumored that every minority he crushes with his gargantuan Nazi mittens makes his hands grow slightly larger.

:roll:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:04 pm

It's an unfortunate pose, one that likely had very little thought put into it and its ramifications. I don't think it really requires a deep conversation.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:23 pm

VegettoEX wrote:It's an unfortunate pose, one that likely had very little thought put into it and its ramifications. I don't think it really requires a deep conversation.
It didn't require any conversation. The image is quasi-cherrypicked with the cropping so you can't tell exactly who the other hand belongs to. But he's clearly doing a sentai-esque pose when you look at a wider shot and see the general has his arms crossed and there's no one else around them.

Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)