Do many of you hoping a hiatus will save Super.....

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Re: Do many of you hoping a hiatus will save Super.....

Post by ToshioWrites » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:02 pm

sintzu wrote:
Retan wrote:If they were gonna do a next generation...
They're not and this is why "I watch Dragonball For Goku and Vegeta to get stronger and Z fighter fights with strong enemies".

No one watches DB for any other reason and if you take that away then 90% of the viewers at the very least will be gone. Goku has a good size brand recognition so most will know who he is by seeing a picture of him but Uub ? there are DB fans who probably don't know who he is so giving him a show will be franchise suicide.

Yet there’s a ton of fans who think the u6 saiyans will become the main cast and can carry the story. Goku and Vegeta will always be the main and everyone else can fight for the scraps

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:12 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:Yet there’s a ton of fans who think the u6 saiyans will become the main cast and can carry the story.
I'd call them a vocal minority but even that's too big of a number for them.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:17 pm

sintzu wrote: I'd call them a vocal minority but even that's too big of a number for them.
How about filthy causals?
Helios518 wrote:A 6 - 12 months hiatus would be great IMO. It would help Super’s schedule especially with the movie in sight. Also I’m feeling a bit burnt on DBS.
Not to be rude, just curious, how are you burning out? Super's a once a week thing..
Unless it's the story you aren't enjoying as much and following it is becoming a chore?
Last edited by Ki Breaker on Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:19 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:How about filthy causals?

Not to be rude, just curious, how are you burnt out? It's a once a week thing..
They wouldn't even ask for something so out there.

If someone's used to 12-24 episode shows then it's not surprising.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:28 pm

sintzu wrote: They wouldn't even ask for something so out there.

If someone's used to 12-24 episode shows then it's not surprising.
Even below those filthy causals?
How about Shōjo fans then?
Unless you wanna go even lower in which case we will be entering the depths only Blanco gohan memers have access to..

Seriously, a Universe 6 version really will not work, haven't seen many demanding that either, I would be lying if I say I saw more than maybe 5 people in total ask of it
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:34 pm

I've got no desire to see the U6 trio replace anybody in the U7 lineup. I don't dislike them, but they're not my favorites.

I'm not burned out on ToP, but that's because my real life has improved somewhat making me less critical of this arc.
I was definitely upset earlier into the start of this arc months and months ago. Now it's just like...I accept this arc for what it is (a scattered collection of cool moments amid an otherwise poorly executed plot, imo) so it's now much more difficult for me to be disappointed in however this arc ends.

I'm used to year long arcs in the way I'm used to Precure being one year long arc, but I think if the ToP goes any longer than a year that'll be too much in this day and age. Buu arc was two years long, but the amount of patience the average viewer had in 1994 is not the same length as in 2018.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:04 pm

Ki Breaker wrote: Not to be rude, just curious, how are you burning out? Super's a once a week thing..
Unless it's the story you aren't enjoying as much and following it is becoming a chore?
It’s fine! I’m just saturated with the current amount of DB content (FighterZ, XV2 DLC, DBS anime, manga, etc). The anime is the heaviest hitter and it taking a break would surely help. It also doesn’t help that even though I enjoy the story, I can’t help but feel the need to watch asap because I would likely be spoiled in the process.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:15 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Retan wrote:If they were gonna do a next generation...
They're not and this is why "I watch Dragonball For Goku and Vegeta to get stronger and Z fighter fights with strong enemies".

No one watches DB for any other reason and if you take that away then 90% of the viewers at the very least will be gone. Goku has a good size brand recognition so most will know who he is by seeing a picture of him but Uub ? there are DB fans who probably don't know who he is so giving him a show will be franchise suicide.

Yet there’s a ton of fans who think the u6 saiyans will become the main cast and can carry the story. Goku and Vegeta will always be the main and everyone else can fight for the scraps
I actually haven't seen anyone writing anywhere they think that. I only spend time among Dragon Ball fans on this message board, though.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:30 pm

Helios518 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: Not to be rude, just curious, how are you burning out? Super's a once a week thing..
It’s fine! I’m just saturated with the current amount of DB content (FighterZ, XV2 DLC, DBS anime, manga, etc). The anime is the heaviest hitter and it taking a break would surely help. It also doesn’t help that even though I enjoy the story, I can’t help but feel the need to watch asap because I would likely be spoiled in the process.
I understand your feelings. I hate being spoiled so I just leave the Internet until I watch the new episode.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:34 pm

Chuquita wrote:I've got no desire to see the U6 trio replace anybody in the U7 lineup. I don't dislike them, but they're not my favorites.

I'm not burned out on ToP, but that's because my real life has improved somewhat making me less critical of this arc.
I was definitely upset earlier into the start of this arc months and months ago. Now it's just like...I accept this arc for what it is (a scattered collection of cool moments amid an otherwise poorly executed plot, imo) so it's now much more difficult for me to be disappointed in however this arc ends.

I'm used to year long arcs in the way I'm used to Precure being one year long arc, but I think if the ToP goes any longer than a year that'll be too much in this day and age. Buu arc was two years long, but the amount of patience the average viewer had in 1994 is not the same length as in 2018.
I sometimes like long arcs but I can understand the feeling of this arc being dragged out. I always wondered why people aren't as patience anymore. I don't think the U6 Saiyans are going to become main characters though I do want to learn more about them. I also want to learn more about Hit as well.
Majinwarman

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:39 pm

Hopefully there's a hiatus because the manga is just destroying the anime. :x
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick:

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:19 pm

Saving?Lol. Super is a hit series. it had a rough start with the retellings, but once it hit new content, it got good and it got people hooked. Anyways, if Super really ends in march, then that is the end. Super is done. They will most likely make a new series with a different name if they intend to make a new DB series.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:31 pm

majinwarman wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I've got no desire to see the U6 trio replace anybody in the U7 lineup. I don't dislike them, but they're not my favorites.

I sometimes like long arcs but I can understand the feeling of this arc being dragged out. I always wondered why people aren't as patience anymore. I don't think the U6 Saiyans are going to become main characters though I do want to learn more about them. I also want to learn more about Hit as well.
I think people aren't as patient anymore because high-speed internet has conditioned people to expect information instantaneously along with the modern world in general speeding up to cram as much in per day as possible at the behest of people's physical/mental/emotional health.

I watched an article once about how the average number of bpm in pop music has gone up as society itself became more fast paced.

I would like to learn more about the U6 team. I feel confident they'll be wished back.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:27 pm

Patience? Plenty of us are patient for slow burners. The problem here is with Super not feeling consistently high-quality, something a shorter length would make easier. As it is now the series is just unruly ivy infesting your backyard.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:34 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:Oh, don't worry. Dragon Ball Super has already been saved by an unlikely Hero: Goku Black. He is the one who saved Super, the one who introduced the arc that revolutionized Super. In fact, the magnificient episode 47 is the most viewed episode in the entire Super by a wide margin. Goku Black, despite being the most recent villain introduced in the series, has already become one of the absolute most popular and beloved characters in the entire franchise, and he was introduced only in 2016! That is astonishing! So, as you can see, Super has already been saved.
You're the Fused Zamasu dude that got banned before, aren't you

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:00 am

Chuquita wrote:
majinwarman wrote:

I think people aren't as patient anymore because high-speed internet has conditioned people to expect information instantaneously along with the modern world in general speeding up to cram as much in per day as possible at the behest of people's physical/mental/emotional health.

I watched an article once about how the average number of bpm in pop music has gone up as society itself became more fast paced.

I would like to learn more about the U6 team. I feel confident they'll be wished back.
Well, it is the age where we live in.
Majinwarman

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:20 am

Super doesn't need saving. Yeah, the scheduling could be better, but it's still producing great episodes and making a hell of a lot of money.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:28 pm

I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:06 pm

Yes. Hope is they allow the manga to go far ahead and only adapt that story. Stop putting multiple writers who dont love the series for each episodes. Cut down on filler antics. Focus on art and animation. Get some common sense people and dont repeat the same damn story points. Like how many times was Gohan weak the strong? Or how many times we have to go through Kales transformation? She mastered the form twice. Did they forget? Dont spit in the face of power scaling. Roshi should not have done what he did. He should have died.