Do many of you hoping a hiatus will save Super.....

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Do many of you hoping a hiatus will save Super.....

Post by Totamo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:10 pm

I'm afraid and I don't think thats a guarantee with Toei. Sailor moon crystal was biweekly and it was criticized for bad animation and pacing issues and that was a manga adaptation plus they won't be working on the show but the movie and as well as one piece would get more attention as some big fights are coming up.

It could start us back at square one with a rush reproduction and could actually hurt it.

CJStriker_CBR

Re: Do many of you hoping a hiatus will save Super.....

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:22 pm

Just wondering 1st cause I have not been able to keep up with the News on this;

IS a Hiatus really happening or is it just still a rumor?!

Also, if a Hiatus IS happen for how long do we know for and when will the last episode be before it starts?!
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:39 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:Just wondering 1st cause I have not been able to keep up with the News on this;

Also, if a Hiatus IS happen for how long do we know for and when will the last episode be before it starts?!

Nothing has been confirmed. At this point its just speculation and we will find out very soon once the "Kitaro" announcement is made.

If its true then people SPECULATE the ToP will end the show and then it will start up again/sequel/ whatever in start of 2019.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:49 pm

A hiatus saving Super? I don't think so. They'll shuffle the staff off to work on other projects while it's on hiatus if it goes on hiatus at all. The only thing I think will benefit would be the movie, but if it's anything like the other two the movie will be plagued by Yamamuro-face.

I looked up the various Kitaro series and we could be on break for as little as 11 weeks, or up to two years depending on how things go.
Last edited by Chuquita on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:50 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:Just wondering 1st cause I have not been able to keep up with the News on this;

Nothing has been confirmed. At this point its just speculation and we will find out very soon once the "Kitaro" announcement is made.

If its true then people SPECULATE the ToP will end the show and then it will start up again/sequel/ whatever in start of 2019.
Thanks for letting you Me know on that! :thumbup:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Honestly while I would personally work My Fandom around with whatever they decided and I think the Writing Staff needs a major clean-up for many inconsistencies in the ToP..............Honestly I rather NOT Have a Hiatus or rather not a long one.

I think it would loss Momentum for the show and the New characters the Most. The Next arc will be important in World Building and espically for New Characters they bring back. So to loss that momentum from the ToP, the good it did and the good we got from it, would be a mistake.

So while I think a clean-up is needed, NO, I Don't want a Hiatus after the ToP.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Asura

Post by Asura » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:17 pm

Why do I keep seeing people say that Super needs to be saved? It’s more popular than ever before, and bringing in more revenue sales and merchandise sales than ever before.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:42 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:

Thanks for letting you Me know on that! :thumbup:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Honestly while I would personally work My Fandom around with whatever they decided and I think the Writing Staff needs a major clean-up for many inconsistencies in the ToP..............Honestly I rather NOT Have a Hiatus or rather not a long one.

I think it would loss Momentum for the show and the New characters the Most. The Next arc will be important in World Building and espically for New Characters they bring back. So to loss that momentum from the ToP, the good it did and the good we got from it, would be a mistake.

So while I think a clean-up is needed, NO, I Don't want a Hiatus after the ToP.
They should just do filler with the other universes. We don't have to take it seriously, they don't have to be consistent.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:03 pm

i'll be really pissed off if a hiatus really happens and i don't think it will do nothing at all for the series.

But if Super ends in the near future, I would be ok with a new series which the episodes came in OVA's similar do Digimon Adventure Tri (4 episodes every release, and the releases are months apart).

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:07 pm

At least we have a time of day for this Kitaro announcement. They're nearly 10:00pm EST on the button with their countdown each day. https://mobile.twitter.com/kitaroanime5 ... 2070674432
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:08 pm

I see your arguement but let me offer this as a rebuttal.

Super can’t get any worse. A hiatus could only help Super for the most part. With a movie being made, we’ll need all the help the we can get and that will 100% lead to some terrible, episode 5 or RoF arc levels of episodes.

Another thing a hiatus could do is fix the schedule. Many times, many animators have come out and said that one of super’s biggest problems is the schedule. Naotoshi Shida and Yuya Takahashi are two that come off the top my my head. And apparently for this trash schedule, Toei ends up paying twice as much money for outsourcing and hireing more free-lance animators to get the job done in time.

The hiatus could overall improve the quality of Super. Worst case scenario is that it looks the same.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:18 am

Chuquita wrote:At least we have a time of day for this Kitaro announcement. They're nearly 10:00pm EST on the button with their countdown each day. https://mobile.twitter.com/kitaroanime5 ... 2070674432
Well, at least we know when we can find out the information needed to continue speculating on a hiatus for Super.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:24 am

I don't know how much it'll help with the writing but the production is already getting a lot better than when it started so I think at the very least it'll be the same which is pretty good now (mostly).
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:26 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:I see your arguement but let me offer this as a rebuttal.

Super can’t get any worse. A hiatus could only help Super for the most part. With a movie being made, we’ll need all the help the we can get and that will 100% lead to some terrible, episode 5 or RoF arc levels of episodes.

Another thing a hiatus could do is fix the schedule. Many times, many animators have come out and said that one of super’s biggest problems is the schedule. Naotoshi Shida and Yuya Takahashi are two that come off the top my my head. And apparently for this trash schedule, Toei ends up paying twice as much money for outsourcing and hireing more free-lance animators to get the job done in time.

The hiatus could overall improve the quality of Super. Worst case scenario is that it looks the same.
No, worst case scenario is we go back to movie recap animation for the most part and have to wait 47 episodes for animation consistency but no one is as patient and the show gets canceled.

right now the animation is as consistent a tournament arc can get.

Not to mention we have no idea how long its replacement will run and that right there could kill momentum or they would just repeat what they did with Rof and use that movie hype to pop the show out as quickly as

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:53 am

Goodbye, sweet prince. I guess Super is being cancelled after all.

In 2019 I can't wait to watch Dragonball: The Next Generation, with Trunks, Goten, Pan, Bra, Uub, etc. as the new heroes. Hopefully Gohan stays relevant.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:44 am

Totamo wrote:Worst case scenario is we go back to movie recap animation for the most part and have to wait 47 episodes for animation consistency.
As far as I know Super was like that because it was required of Toei out of nowhere and no one on the staff had enough time to get things done. If Super ends and is planned on returning then they already know about a year or so ahead of time so they won't have to rush or do too much as they'll be able to better manage their time.
precita wrote:In 2019 I can't wait to watch Dragonball: The Next Generation, with Trunks, Goten, Pan, Bra, Uub, etc. as the new heroes.
Good luck with that. :lol:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:23 am

I wouldn't mind Movies of new stories being released every few years outside of theat just keep going with Super.

My problem with the the next generation though is I watch Dragonball For Goku and Vegeta to get stronger and Z fighter fights with strong enemies. If they were gonna do a next generation, I'd pass as I'd always wonder why Goku or Vegeta don't one shot the enemies the next gen is struggling with. Unless there written out as off doing something important or dead, but then I wouldn't watch as the full blood saiyans are my favorite part of the show.

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:13 am

No because it doesn't need to be saved.... The animation as a whole has been leagues better for a long time since the much maligned movie arcs animation. The last two storylines have been the two most well received of the shows run as well.

There's nothing that needs to be saved.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:18 am

DBS doesn't need saving. It's been very consistent and good since the Frost vs Roshi/Vegeta episode.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:53 am

Asura wrote:Why do I keep seeing people say that Super needs to be saved? It’s more popular than ever before, and bringing in more revenue sales and merchandise sales than ever before.
Because the quality of the actual show is mediocre, especially when compared to competitors and previous incarnations in the franchise.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:11 am

As long as when it resumes they start following the manga it's all good..
Super is currently pretty messed up in more than one ways, at least the story will be sorted out if a hiatus will result in making manga the base..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker