How would you have done transformations differently in Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Re: How would you have done transformations differently in Super?

Post by ToshioWrites » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:41 pm

You guys do realize that in Toriyama outline Goku and Vegeta are always neck and neck and pushing each other right? Kaioken is Toei exclusive and Goku was never intended to be 20 times above Vegeta atleast not without UI. Notice how in manga both have mssb and that’s where it ends.

Vegeta new form is cooler visually and is more “explainable” than saying Vegeta is 20 times stronger than Goku in base to keep them equal

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:05 am

I'm glad you made this thread because I was thinking about making it.

So I would've scrapped Super Saiyan Blue and kept Super Saiyan God throughout DBS. After BoG, Goku can access SSSJG as his strongest form whenever he wants and Vegeta gets it on-screen through the ritual and it's his strongest form too. SSJG becomes enough to match Golden Frieza in RoF. Then they fight U6 in the Champa Arc and Goku uses Kaio-Ken on top of SSJG against Hit to further increase his power. It would be super red I know. Then against Goku Black and Immortal Zamasu, Goku stays at KKx20SSJG and Vegeta stays at SSJG because then they fuse into Vegito and ultimately because Future Trunks takes down Merged Zamasu. So no need for a new transformation here.

Then comes the ToP and Goku goes from SSJG to Ultra Instinct against Jiren. I think the transition for that would be so much more smoother from a design perspective. The hair and eyes from SSJG to UI flow so much better. And both stay refreshingly basic instead of going crazy with colors. Vegeta would also go from SSJG to UI.

The main reason I don't like SSJB is because it is a recolor with a slightly better aura design. I can't appreciate a simple recolor. So no Ascended Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta would exist either for me.

As for the other forms:

-I like Super Saiyan Rose so I would keep that the way it is because the dark aura around it makes it not just a simple recolor.

-Super Saiyan Rage needs to be scrapped as well. I like the design but it doesn't make sense where it extends from. Is it past SSJ2 but below SSJ3? Is it on par with SSJB? They should've just given Trunks a rage boost like Vegeta got from "My Bulma" and let Vegito finish off Merged Zamasu instead.

-I like Berserk Super Saiyan because I like Broly so I'm glad a resemblance of his form carries on into DBS. And it's a unique form for Saiyans considering the crazy boost in muscle mass without reduction of speed so I liked it and glad Kale got it.
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Firebolt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Firebolt » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:51 am

I would make SSJG as strong as 70% Beerus just like the movie.

After the events of BoG, Goku and Vegeta undergo harsh training with Whis to achieve SSJG without the help of a ritual. They eventually master divine ki in their base forms, and after more harsh training they can stack SSJ on top of that an achieve SSJB. SSJB would be way weaker than SSJG but still way stronger than SSJ3 and SSJ2 Quake of Fury.

I would keep Golden Frieza the way it is, except I would go more in depth on Frieza's insane potential, making him SSJB level after four months more believable.

I would keep Rose and Ikari the same, except a more unique design and a better explanation for Ikari.

This is where things get really intresting. In the ROSAT Vegeta manages to go beyond SSJB, achieving the dark blue form with pupils. The aura would be dark blue and there would be white lightning sparks, and NO shine effects on the eyes. This form would be called "Super Vegeta Blue" to mirror the Cell Arc.

After the Black Arc ends, Goku trains relentlessly to achieve this dark blue form, but he fails due to *insert reason here*. He decides to master Blue Kaioken instead and can now multiply his SSJB twenty-fold, making him almost as strong as Super Vegeta Blue (much to Vegeta's enjoyment). Ultra Instinct would make Goku number one again.

I made Vegeta stronger than Goku for some time just to make the story interesting, Vegeta would be overjoyed that he's number one for once and Goku would be training harder than ever before. Beerus and Whis would probably also consider Vegeta to be the lead fighter of Universe 7.