So it is true Super will end with Episode 131?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

So it is true Super will end with Episode 131?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:25 pm

That's about a week from now and with that in mind, we can say "Finally good ridd... I mean, "Farwell, Super. It's been a long ride."

What will happen with the series after Super is the real question tho...
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Re: So it is true Super will end with Episode 131?

Post by MajinMan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:18 pm

This has been known for months at this point, don’t really get the point of the topic.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Firebolt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Firebolt » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:31 pm

Actually the ending of Super is 2 weeks from now.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:29 am

I don’t understand how people are still doubting this. It was announced as ending, yet people insist “hiatus / cancelled”

No

It is ending. There has never been any genuine doubt from the cast, crew, or anyone watching the series

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:54 am

shadowmaria wrote:I don’t understand how people are still doubting this. It was announced as ending, yet people insist “hiatus / cancelled”

No

It is ending. There has never been any genuine doubt from the cast, crew, or anyone watching the series
They even have "Final Episode" indicated after the title of 131 in Animedia/mage and people still doubt it's the ending. :eh:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:07 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:What will happen with the series after Super is the real question tho...
Nothing. :eh: There will be no series after Dragon Ball Super so obviously nothing will happen with the "series".

But hey, Dragon Ball franchise in no way will be dead after Dragon Ball Super's conclusion. Fortunately, Dragon Ball Heroes is still a strong on-going series and will continue throughout this year. Xenoverse might continue to get updates. A new minor game (i.e. for portable consoles) might be announced. There will be a new movie (for Japan-only viewers, unless you live in Japan to get to see it this year, otherwise, we're all going to wait until next year). There will be teasers, posters, probably interviews regarding to the new movie in the next months.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:52 pm

Grimlock wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:What will happen with the series after Super is the real question tho...
Nothing. :eh: There will be no series after Dragon Ball Super so obviously nothing will happen with the "series".

But hey, Dragon Ball franchise in no way will be dead after Dragon Ball Super's conclusion. Fortunately, Dragon Ball Heroes is still a strong on-going series and will continue throughout this year. Xenoverse might continue to get updates. A new minor game (i.e. for portable consoles) might be announced. There will be a new movie (for Japan-only viewers, unless you live in Japan to get to see it this year, otherwise, we're all going to wait until next year). There will be teasers, posters, probably interviews regarding to the new movie in the next months.
You're right, but unfortunately, I don't care about these things at all. (Dragon Ball Heroes, Xenoverse, a new minor game ...).
The movie is still a bit interested, but one movie (every two years?) is nothing.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:24 pm

Super ending doesn't preclude the possibility of another series coming some time down the line, but as of right now there are no indications of another one being planned or in the works. Furukawa and producer Satoru Takami both think (and this is just their personal speculation from what I can tell) that the ending of the arc could be Toriyama's way of setting up some future stories, but if that happens then who knows what form it will take.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:30 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:Super ending doesn't preclude the possibility of another series coming some time down the line, but as of right now there are no indications of another one being planned or in the works. Furukawa and producer Satoru Takami both think (and this is just their personal speculation from what I can tell) that the ending of the arc could be Toriyama's way of setting up some future stories, but if that happens then who knows what form it will take.
Even without their words, DBS has brought the biggest amount of potential to the DB world ever with all its introduced.

Zalama, Universes 13 to 18, Jiren’s evil-doer, all the other universes, the First time traveling mortal from universe 12, Future Trunks and Mai (leading to their own child), backstory of the gods, backstory for Hit, Planet Sadala stuff, etc

DBS has given us plenty to work with.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:11 am

Dragon Ball's run on TV is over. Donezo. Old news. Why are people still in denial? Let the memories suffice and let's not milk this cow any longer.

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:43 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Super ending doesn't preclude the possibility of another series coming some time down the line, but as of right now there are no indications of another one being planned or in the works. Furukawa and producer Satoru Takami both think (and this is just their personal speculation from what I can tell) that the ending of the arc could be Toriyama's way of setting up some future stories, but if that happens then who knows what form it will take.
Even without their words, DBS has brought the biggest amount of potential to the DB world ever with all its introduced.

Zalama, Universes 13 to 18, Jiren’s evil-doer, all the other universes, the First time traveling mortal from universe 12, Future Trunks and Mai (leading to their own child), backstory of the gods, backstory for Hit, Planet Sadala stuff, etc

DBS has given us plenty to work with.

You're right, there are just too many loose ends to leave unattended.
Zalama, the other universes, Planet sadala, the first time traveling mortal and the timeline of F Trunks and Mai are what I'm particularly interested in.

Super ends with Episode 131 and it will probably stay that way.....for now.
AnimeNation101 wrote:Future Trunks and Mai (leading to their own child)
Is kinda foreshadowed by Bulma. :D

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:32 am

Freeza wins the ToP and trolls everyone with his wish: 'I wish this anime would end right now'. Cue credits.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:57 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Freeza wins the ToP and trolls everyone with his wish: 'I wish this anime would end right now'. Cue credits.
"I wish for GT to be canon. Hohohoho."
*Cue GT theme song plays during credits.*
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:53 am

Kaiosama wrote:Dragon Ball's run on TV is over. Donezo. Old news. Why are people still in denial? Let the memories suffice and let's not milk this cow any longer.
But of course it's not over. Tell me one thing you'll do when more dragon Ball on TV gets annouced and post a picture. Like eating your underwear.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:57 am

Of course it's ending for now, but as to a potential subsequent series you seem awful sure there isn't going to be one.

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:24 pm

Kaiosama wrote:Dragon Ball's run on TV is over. Donezo. Old news. Why are people still in denial? Let the memories suffice and let's not milk this cow any longer.
I doubt that!!!

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:40 pm

sangofe wrote:
But of course it's not over. Tell me one thing you'll do when more dragon Ball on TV gets annouced and post a picture. Like eating your underwear.
Any further animation will continue to devalue the product IMO. Maybe keep a monthly Manga going. The writing in this past arc(and the show overall) has been objectively bad. So many plot holes and inconsistencies, not to mention poor animation. I think there's a decent amount of people in the fandom that would prefer to let the memories suffice and not do anymore damage to the Dragon Ball legacy.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:38 pm

Kaiosama wrote:
sangofe wrote:
Any further animation will continue to devalue the product IMO. Maybe keep a monthly Manga going. The writing in this past arc(and the show overall) has been objectively bad. So many plot holes and inconsistencies, not to mention poor animation. I think there's a decent amount of people in the fandom that would prefer to let the memories suffice and not do anymore damage to the Dragon Ball legacy.
Yeah, I'm gonna be sticking around for the movie at the end of this year but as far as the next TV series goes... well, we'll see.

I'll always have the older stuff either way.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"