Does Vegeta care more about Cabbe than he does Trunks and Bra?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Does Vegeta care more about Cabbe than he does Trunks and Bra?

Post by Analytic » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:08 am

I've only skimmed through most episodes of the last arc, but from what I've seen the only thing ever pushing Vegeta to win is reviving Cabbe. Keeping his promise to Cabbe is what makes him break his limits, and when he gets knocked off the ring he only apologizes to Blooma, Cabbe, and Kakarotto... I'm not sure if he mentions either one of his kids's names once during the Tournament of Power. Does he even care about Trunks and Bra at all?

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Does Vegeta care more about Cabbe than he does Trunks and Bra?

Post by DestructoDisc » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:20 am

You can bet that when Dragon Ball comes back one of the villains is going to hit Cabba in the face and Vegeta will scream "MY CABBAAAAA" and get a power boost.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:21 am

Vegeta does care about his children. At least, the Vegeta who appeared during the Future Trunks arc did. He cared a lot about his son Trunks (Bra wasn't born yet). He even tanked a dangerous strike from Fused Zamasu's Absolute Lightning, thus saving his son from certain doom. And he also told Zamasu that he wasn't fighting for his own sake, but so that his son could have a "Future". To which Zamasu sarcastically replied that it was an oddly un-Saiyan-like behaviour for the Prince of All Saiyans.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:44 am

Pretty sure no one actually believes that. It was just awkwardly handled in that episode and arc in general. Many things were...

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:44 pm

Wrll I think in the early goings given U7 had a huge advantage in numbers he was confident his Universe would win but HE wanted to be the victor that gets the wish. I think it was more about getting the wish than it was about surviving until the very end when U7 only had a couple members left and they were all beaten and batteres.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:28 pm

No. Vegeta's family would be fine no matter who won on Universe 7's team and he knows that, but he thought he had to win in order to save the others.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:01 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:No. Vegeta's family would be fine no matter who won on Universe 7's team and he knows that, but he thought he had to win in order to save the others.
Exactly.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:34 pm

I think Vegeta cares greatly for anyone who is a Saiyan (pure/half-blood).

He looks on Goku as his rival, Trunks as his son, and Cabe as his disciple.

I'm sure he cares for Bulma and maybe his in-laws, but that's as far as he goes.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

SonReggie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonReggie » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:38 am

Well, he definitely cares about Bulma - evidenced by his reaction to Beerus slapping her, and the enormous rage power boost he acheieved as a result. And keep in mind how fearful he was of Beerus prior to that occuring.

I suspect a similar level of threat directed at Trunks or Bra would prompt the same reaction.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:44 am

Of course not, why would he? They're his own blood, and they're what motivated him to keep fighting against Jiren, even when he was worn out
Get Fucked, C_unt

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:54 am

You should watch this https://youtu.be/vJXZgvAJkAQ?t=98
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:26 pm

BrolyKale wrote:You should watch this https://youtu.be/vJXZgvAJkAQ?t=98
That was before he knew Cabbe.

To those who brought up Vegeta needing to be the one from U7 who wins to get his wish of bringing Cabbe's universe back, that is a very fair point. How do you explain his last words being only to Blooma, Cabbe, and Kakarotto, though?

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:28 am

Analytic wrote:
That doesn't really mean anything, he didn't fell in love with him when he met him, he just taught him important stuff, and that's it, so how would he surpass Bulma and Trunks?
Get Fucked, C_unt

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:13 am

Analytic wrote:

To those who brought up Vegeta needing to be the one from U7 who wins to get his wish of bringing Cabbe's universe back, that is a very fair point. How do you explain his last words being only to Blooma, Cabbe, and Kakarotto, though?
That doesn't make any sense... its not because he cares about Cabbe that he will care less about Trunks or Bulma or even Goku.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:16 am

Instead of just saying “that doesn’t make sense” or “that doesn’t mean anything” you guys could actually answer my question... Why are Vegeta’s final words only to Blooma, Cabbe, and Goku?

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:53 pm

Analytic wrote:Instead of just saying “that doesn’t make sense” or “that doesn’t mean anything” you guys could actually answer my question... Why are Vegeta’s final words only to Blooma, Cabbe, and Goku?
I don't know if you get basic logic, but... If you marry a woman you love, and then have kids... You're not going to care more about someone you just met, even if you created a strong bond with him. That just doesn't happen, it's common sense... And besides, his last words were to Bulma, TRUNKS (NOT CABBA) and Goku, the reasoning is pretty damn clear... They're the people he cared about most, and they are the ones that had a significant impact on his life.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:57 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:I don't know if you get basic logic, but... If you marry a woman you love, and then have kids... You're not going to care more about someone you just met, even if you created a strong bond with him. That just doesn't happen, it's common sense... And besides, his last words were to Bulma, TRUNKS (NOT CABBA) and Goku, the reasoning is pretty damn clear... They're the people he cared about most, and they are the ones that had a significant impact on his life.
I'm not arguing that Vegeta cares about Cabbe more than his kids because it's what I think makes sense (I don't think it makes any sense), I'm simply saying that his actions suggest that. Not sure if you're being condescending because you generally are incapable of holding a real conversation where each participant actually addresses each other's points instead of making petty/snide posts, but you're wrong about his last words being to Trunks. Watch here at 2:15.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:21 am

Analytic wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:I don't know if you get basic logic, but... If you marry a woman you love, and then have kids... You're not going to care more about someone you just met, even if you created a strong bond with him. That just doesn't happen, it's common sense... And besides, his last words were to Bulma, TRUNKS (NOT CABBA) and Goku, the reasoning is pretty damn clear... They're the people he cared about most, and they are the ones that had a significant impact on his life.
I'm not arguing that Vegeta cares about Cabbe more than his kids because it's what I think makes sense (I don't think it makes any sense), I'm simply saying that his actions suggest that. Not sure if you're being condescending because you generally are incapable of holding a real conversation where each participant actually addresses each other's points instead of making petty/snide posts, but you're wrong about his last words being to Trunks. Watch here at 2:15.
If you're talking about last words, then that means that it's about his Final Explosion sacrifice, because he in fact died and said his last words, unlike against Jiren, so I'm not wrong for assuming he mentioned Bulma Trunks and Goku, you just worded it wrong. So basically you're just saying that his actions suggest he cares more about Cabba? Gotta hand it to you, I've seen a lot of bullshit in my life, but never as big as this. In the fight against Jiren, he mentions Bulma and Cabba, obviously it's because he failed and he won't he able to bring U6 back, which is the promise he made. I don't see what your point is, his action just suggests that he likes to keep his promises, not that he cares more about Cabba than his family. That's such a ridiculous interpretation. Why don't you mention how he got his strength boost against Toppo when thinking about Bulma Trunks and Bra? Or the countless flashbacks showing him with his family during the fight with Jiren? Or the other countless moments when they show him caring about them?

I'm not being condescending, I just have a hard time figuring out how someone can overcomplicate and not understand something so simple and basic
Get Fucked, C_unt

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:46 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:If you're talking about last words, then that means that it's about his Final Explosion sacrifice, because he in fact died and said his last words, unlike against Jiren, so I'm not wrong for assuming he mentioned Bulma Trunks and Goku, you just worded it wrong. So basically you're just saying that his actions suggest he cares more about Cabba?
I didn't word it wrong. I'm talking about his last words before he gets knocked off the stage in the Tournament of Power. Nowhere did I say or even suggest that I'm talking about his last words before he dies in the Boo arc.
Vegeta_Sama wrote:Gotta hand it to you, I've seen a lot of bullshit in my life, but never as big as this.
Is there a reason you're getting so aggressive? Do you genuinely get angry at people on online forums's views on a TV show? Maybe try calming down and growing up a bit?
Vegeta_Sama wrote:In the fight against Jiren, he mentions Bulma and Cabba, obviously it's because he failed and he won't he able to bring U6 back, which is the promise he made. I don't see what your point is, his action just suggests that he likes to keep his promises, not that he cares more about Cabba than his family. That's such a ridiculous interpretation.
I'm not trying to suggest he can't mention Cabbe in his last words, or that him mention Cabbe is the reason I think he cares more about him than his kids, just the fact that he only mentions Cabbe, Blooma, and Goku in his apology before being knocked off.
Vegeta_Sama wrote:Why don't you mention how he got his strength boost against Toppo when thinking about Bulma Trunks and Bra? Or the countless flashbacks showing him with his family during the fight with Jiren? Or the other countless moments when they show him caring about them?
Well, if you bothered to actually read the first post in this thread, I said how I only skimmed through the ToP. You could have came in the thread and simply pointed these examples out, instead of just coming and posting "What? That doesn't make any sense!! Are you dumb??".
Vegeta_Sama wrote:I'm not being condescending, I just have a hard time figuring out how someone can overcomplicate and not understand something so simple and basic
No, you are being condescending.
Vegeta_Sama wrote:I don't know if you get basic logic, but...
^ That is condescending. Are you just incapable of having a discussion without talking down and slinging insults whenever someone disagrees with you?

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:20 pm

Analytic wrote: I didn't word it wrong. I'm talking about his last words before he gets knocked off the stage in the Tournament of Power. Nowhere did I say or even suggest that I'm talking about his last words before he dies in the Boo arc.
Still, if I didn't understand, you obviously weren't specific enough :roll:
Analytic wrote: Is there a reason you're getting so aggressive? Do you genuinely get angry at people on online forums's views on a TV show? Maybe try calming down and growing up a bit?
That's just how I normally talk and word my sentences, and I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone I know: if you can't get used to it, it's not my problem. Not everyone is a kind sweetheart. And if you think THAT is aggressive, you clearly still have a lot of shit to see. There's plenty of ways to say what I wrote in a calm manner, don't pretend that you can see my emotions from a monitor. You don't have Baba's crystal ball :lol:
Analytic wrote:I'm not trying to suggest he can't mention Cabbe in his last words, or that him mention Cabbe is the reason I think he cares more about him than his kids, just the fact that he only mentions Cabbe, Blooma, and Goku in his apology before being knocked off.
You'd undrerstand if you payed attention to the show you were watching. What part of promise is not clear? He wasn't able to carry it out, so he apologized to Cabba. He apologized to Bulma because her life was at risk. He apologized to Goku because he left him alone. If you didn't just skim though it, you wouldn't need to ask questions that answer themselves.
Analytic wrote:Well, if you bothered to actually read the first post in this thread, I said how I only skimmed through the ToP. You could have came in the thread and simply pointed these examples out, instead of just coming and posting "What? That doesn't make any sense!! Are you dumb??".
If you actually bothered to watch the show you're talking about instead of skimming through it, you wouldn't have made such a question that makes people think you might be dumb (which I never said btw, the way you put it is quite an exaggertion compared to my posts, in which you can't find a single insult )
Analytic wrote:No, you are being condescending.
No I not, I'm just being my normal self.
Analytic wrote: That is condescending. Are you just incapable of having a discussion without talking down and slinging insults whenever someone disagrees with you?
No, that's called my personality, being on the internet sure as hell ain't gonna sugar coat it (btw, never directly insulted you, so you' re wrong about another thing)
Get Fucked, C_unt