So what if Broly joins Goku and Vegeta?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: So what if Broly joins Goku and Vegeta?

Post by Big Black Sayian » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:31 am

It could happen. :0

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:41 am

Well, i think this could happen. Maybe he can have a role in the next series.
Think about the interactions between broly and kale, a son from them ecc... (if broly is not old as goku and co)

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:29 pm

On one hand, more Broly equals more fun fights and his savage beatdowns will be used more, which is always welcome.

On the other hand, the cast is already large enough and not used much as it is, do we really need another Saiyan in the crew?

Even if he joins it probably will make his character and personality change and not be as fun as he usually is. People like Broly because he's a sadistic monster who wrecks anyone in his path. If he's a Z fighter he'll get stopped by Goku or Vegeta, "whoaaa Broly, you gotta calm down! Don't get too worked up!" I don't WANT him to calm down, I want him to be a monster! (or devil, you know, whatever)
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Raphael_Z
Beyond Newbie

Post by Raphael_Z » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:59 pm

WittyUsername wrote:If I had to choose between a Freeza redemption or a Broly redemption, I’d definitely go with the latter, but the idea of Broly being redeemed seems like it would be too convenient of an excuse to keep him around.
We don't even know if this new version of Broly will be a villain in the movie. Many assumed Beerus was a villain in Battle of the Gods too. Too early to talk about redemption when he hasn't done anything wrong yet and probably he never will since I assume he'll arrive to Earth, humiliate Frieza and Vegeta and then get defeated by Goku without having done any murders.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:06 pm

I'd have Broly join, Freeza join, and I'd come up with a way for Zamasu to have survived to have him join too.