Why didn't they leave more room for Beerus strength to grow?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Why didn't they leave more room for Beerus strength to grow?

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:36 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
OhHiRenan wrote:Beerus being stronger ties into one of the series’ core themes. Things are way more interesting if Goku has a benchmark so far out of his league.
I disagree, it kills the future villains sense of strength and threat when we know Goku has a friend who can easily erase him, also Z never had to go to that route for the entirety of its runtime. They also wrote themselves into a hole thanks to Beerus in the Future Trunks saga
Sorry but it really doesnt. Beerus isnt allowed to take sides, he has said so himself. He wont jump into Goku's fights because he wants Goku to get up to his level on his own or die trying. Goku doesnt have a button to summon Beerus to fight him.

Zeno on the other hand.....

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:14 pm

One thing to remember is that Gods of Destruction have that Destruction technique. Even if someone were to surpass him in strength, he still could probably break their anatomy down into dust if it is a technique and not strength based. We’ve seen Belmond use it too, so it’s something to grasp to. He’s not scared one bit about Jiren either.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:33 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:Jiren, SsjB Evolution Vegeta, UI Omen Goku (third appearence) and MUI Goku are all above Beerus.
Then there's Toppo who's as strong as him, like Vermouth (who's stronger than Beerus in the anime) said.

Plus, Broly will be stronger than him.

So, what is your point?
Toppo and Vegeta are nowhere near Beerus in my estimation. Toppo was a complete noob with his Hakaishin powers, and Vegeta only barely beat him because he was holding back in order to not get disqualified for killing.

SSJBE Vegeta < Hakaishin Toppo going all-out < Belmod ~ Beerus < Full power Jiren < Full power MUI Goku < Whis.
Belmod said that he was no different than the other Gods. Back in ep.110, Whis said that Jiren had already surpassed a God of Destruction, and that was a highly suppressed Jiren.
You think that all Hakaishin are equal in power? Belmod just meant that he had the power and abilities to become a Hakaishin, not that he was as strong as any of the others. Also Whis said that Jiren at that point was 'like a Hakaishin' or 'maybe even greater' - he was speculating on Jiren's yet unrevealed power.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:33 pm

Xeztin wrote:One thing to remember is that Gods of Destruction have that Destruction technique. Even if someone were to surpass him in strength, he still could probably break their anatomy down into dust if it is a technique and not strength based. We’ve seen Belmond use it too, so it’s something to grasp to. He’s not scared one bit about Jiren either.
Why would Belmod be scared of Jiren? They are allies.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:05 pm

Xeztin wrote:One thing to remember is that Gods of Destruction have that Destruction technique. Even if someone were to surpass him in strength, he still could probably break their anatomy down into dust if it is a technique and not strength based. We’ve seen Belmond use it too, so it’s something to grasp to. He’s not scared one bit about Jiren either.
Yeap , and who knows what techniques he’s having in the pocket .
They can still keep Beerus as a dangerous guy no matter about strength in combat, just think about Zeno ... no one knows his real strength, may be he’s as inoffensive in battle as he looks , but men , he’s got the erase technique that in a blink of an eye is Gonna delete you ..
I recall Beerus and Whis talking about a technique to eliminate zamas better than mafuba .. so , he may has things hidden for sure , is not all about ultra instinct I guess .
And ... linking with another post about ultra instinct removing tension ..same reasoning.. more techniques might come and will , like always there’s a progression that makes weaker what before was the strongest
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:46 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
If your a God of Destruction and your job is to destroy planets you have a big target on your back. I’m sure there are some in his universe that’d like to kill him or take his job by force right? Even if they are allies for now, Jiren may one day decide he needs to be God of Destruction, or perhaps he may one day bare a grudge agaisnt Belmond for something. Jiren has displayed he doesn’t care what rank or what type of God you are, that he will defeat you at your best. Not everyone would be as predicatble as Goku, an event could happen to cause him to loose his sense of justice. He may even one day decide a God of Destruction is pointless. Who knows :P

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:24 am

nato25 wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:
Meshack wrote: Beerus nor Whis said he used 1%
It's just simple math. Beerus is stronger than ToP KKx20 SSB Goku. That means SSB Goku during the ToP is less than 5% Beerus. BoG SSG Goku is clearly more than 5x weaker than ToP SSB Goku. Hense Beeruse uses less than 1% of his power to beat SSG Goku in the anime.
Yeah sorry man this isnt the saiyan saga and it doesnt work like that anymore and hasnt for a long time.

I'm not concerned over power levels and definitely dont think he has to be stronger than goku to be interest. Beerus and whis were the best things to happen to dragon ball since before GT.

My point is that evidence from BoG and the series shows Beerus is a lot weaker than the facade they put up all series where beerus is strongest only second to those above or equal to him in the god hierarchy. They have him sweating at the end whenever Goku achieves a new power (kaioken or ui) and then go back to him being all cool and confident hed beat Goku easy.

I just dont like that contradiction and it would be much less of a facade if they gave beerus room to grow. I rather the 70% thing was never spoken.
kaioken x20 is still a 20x multiplier, you can't get around that, as it was made clear that kaioken x10 was a x10 multiplier in the Hit fight as Hit flat out said he got 10x stronger and faster.
And the 70% line was only in the movie, not Super which has different scaling.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:24 am

Xeztin wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
If your a God of Destruction and your job is to destroy planets you have a big target on your back. I’m sure there are some in his universe that’d like to kill him or take his job by force right? Even if they are allies for now, Jiren may one day decide he needs to be God of Destruction, or perhaps he may one day bare a grudge agaisnt Belmond for something. Jiren has displayed he doesn’t care what rank or what type of God you are, that he will defeat you at your best. Not everyone would be as predicatble as Goku, an event could happen to cause him to loose his sense of justice. He may even one day decide a God of Destruction is pointless. Who knows :P
Belmod offered the position to Jiren and he turned it down. Toppo and Jiren were probably trained by Belmod and Marcarita at one point.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:39 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Toppo and Vegeta are nowhere near Beerus in my estimation. Toppo was a complete noob with his Hakaishin powers, and Vegeta only barely beat him because he was holding back in order to not get disqualified for killing.

SSJBE Vegeta < Hakaishin Toppo going all-out < Belmod ~ Beerus < Full power Jiren < Full power MUI Goku < Whis.
Belmod said that he was no different than the other Gods. Back in ep.110, Whis said that Jiren had already surpassed a God of Destruction, and that was a highly suppressed Jiren.
You think that all Hakaishin are equal in power? Belmod just meant that he had the power and abilities to become a Hakaishin, not that he was as strong as any of the others. Also Whis said that Jiren at that point was 'like a Hakaishin' or 'maybe even greater' - he was speculating on Jiren's yet unrevealed power.
No no no, Belmod straight up said HE IS NO DIFFERENT FROM A GOD OF DESTRUCTION. That seals it.

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:43 am

Xeztin wrote:I usually stick with the manga with power gaps and it was implied SSJB Vegito was higher than Beerus.
*Per Kaioshin, who had never seen Beerus' full power at that point -- just insignificant fractions of it.

IOW, SSB Vegito ~/> the heavily suppressed Beerus that Kaioshin had seen up to that point.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:08 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
No no no, Belmod straight up said HE IS NO DIFFERENT FROM A GOD OF DESTRUCTION. That seals it.
So you think that all Hakaishin are exactly equal in skill and power?

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:45 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
They're on the same tier, with Beerus, Quitela and Belmod being slightly stronger because Toriyama made them. It's implied in the manga.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:24 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote: No no no, Belmod straight up said HE IS NO DIFFERENT FROM A GOD OF DESTRUCTION. That seals it.
They're on the same tier, with Beerus, Quitela and Belmod being slightly stronger because Toriyama made them. It's implied in the manga.
So there are variations. Recall in the manga that Beerus one-shotted Vegeta once he got serious but said that Vegeta was still strong enough to be the Hakaishin of another universe. Toppo is just towards the bottom of that tier.

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:28 am

In the manga, it also appeared that Beerus was the only Hakaishin who could use any approximation of UI(which is why he was out-fighting all of the other Hakaishin simultaneously at first.) And had Sidra not manifested his shielding at the last moment(and his shielding is evidently unparalleled among Gods), it was implied that Beerus' energy attack would have killed ALL of the Hakaishin in one fell swoop.

Tack that onto the fact that he casually one-shot-pwned FPSSB Vegeta after getting slightly irritated, yet still commented that Vegeta would make a good Hakaishin candidate in another universe, and I believe that Beerus is intended to be considerably above all of the other Destroyers.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:51 pm

Honestly, I wouldn’t put much stock in Beerus being the strongest of the GoDs. The manga has been so inconsistent with how strong he is in comparison to the others, in the U6 arc he was fighting evenly with Champa, in the GoDs exhibition match he was able to fend off all the other GoDs and nearly kill them all in a single attack, later in that same fight he was only strong enough to fight evenly with Quitela.

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:41 pm

shadd21 wrote:Honestly, I wouldn’t put much stock in Beerus being the strongest of the GoDs. The manga has been so inconsistent with how strong he is in comparison to the others, in the U6 arc he was fighting evenly with Champa, in the GoDs exhibition match he was able to fend off all the other GoDs and nearly kill them all in a single attack, later in that same fight he was only strong enough to fight evenly with Quitela.
I wouldn’t call this an inconsistency. Fights always ebb and flow in the series, and different fights naturally play out differently.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:47 pm

Xeztin wrote:I usually stick with the manga with power gaps and it was implied SSJB Vegito was higher than Beerus. So in my opinion, Belmond:1 Beerus 2: UI: 4 (when he stays in it) Jiren 6 and MUI 7
That came from Supreme Kai I believe. Everything he says is pretty much garbage and never really taken seriously. They guy has been overwhelmed with how strong everyone is since he entered the series.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:08 pm

Either Beerus secretly trains or he is really good at limiting his strength. It's one of them or both.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:29 pm

Galan007 wrote:In the manga, it also appeared that Beerus was the only Hakaishin who could use any approximation of UI(which is why he was out-fighting all of the other Hakaishin simultaneously at first.) And had Sidra not manifested his shielding at the last moment(and his shielding is evidently unparalleled among Gods), it was implied that Beerus' energy attack would have killed ALL of the Hakaishin in one fell swoop.

Tack that onto the fact that he casually one-shot-pwned FPSSB Vegeta after getting slightly irritated, yet still commented that Vegeta would make a good Hakaishin candidate in another universe, and I believe that Beerus is intended to be considerably above all of the other Destroyers.
IIRC it was stated that Sidra was the fastest at creating shields, not that his shields were the strongest. I really doubt that blast would have killed any of them had it hit, maybe hurt them somewhat.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:42 pm

In the anime at least, it is indeed strength-based. Just remember what Vegeta thought about this technique as used by Toppo :P