Vegito Using Super Saiyan God Against Merged Zamasu...

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Vegito Using Super Saiyan God Against Merged Zamasu...

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:28 pm

In the Future Trunks Saga of the Dragon Ball Super series, how do you believe things would play out if Vegito had used his Super Saiyan God form to start his battle against Merged Zamasu in the Dragon Ball Super Manga? Would this change in a transformation for Vegito have caused any divergence from canon?

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Vegito Using Super Saiyan God Against Merged Zamasu...

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:44 pm

Most likely not. I think the godly power would still shorten the time limit of the fusion down. Especially considering how much he needed to exert. Probably not as much as Blue, but it would still be enough to cancel it out before they beat Zamasu

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:16 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote:Most likely not. I think the godly power would still shorten the time limit of the fusion down. Especially considering how much he needed to exert. Probably not as much as Blue, but it would still be enough to cancel it out before they beat Zamasu
Not to mention that they ultimately couldn't beat Zamasu no matter what they did, only Zeno could.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:41 am

In the grand scheme of things, Nothing would change. Fused Zamasu was bound to win in the long run, because he was immortal. You could throw at him everything you had, even cut him in a thousand pieces, but he would always come back, and stronger than ever, since he had Saiyan cells within him (and Black's Zenkai boosts were OP in the anime, not so much in the manga though).

Just think about the fact that in the manga Beerus himself aknowledged that not even him, a God of Destruction, could kill the immortal Zamasu.

And indeed in the end Fused Zamasu wasn't defeated by a mortal like every other villain. He was defeated by the King of All himself, who resorted to erasing the entirety of the corrupted timeline to get rid of Zamasu once and for all.

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:39 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:In the grand scheme of things, Nothing would change. Fused Zamasu was bound to win in the long run, because he was immortal. You could throw at him everything you had, even cut him in a thousand pieces, but he would always come back, and stronger than ever, since he had Saiyan cells within him (and Black's Zenkai boosts were OP in the anime, not so much in the manga though).

Just think about the fact that in the manga Beerus himself aknowledged that not even him, a God of Destruction, could kill the immortal Zamasu.

And indeed in the end Fused Zamasu wasn't defeated by a mortal like every other villain. He was defeated by the King of All himself, who resorted to erasing the entirety of the corrupted timeline to get rid of Zamasu once and for all.
This doesn't seem right. I don't remember for sure, and I could be wrong. Post your sources to back these up, because I remember Beerus not being sure if eliminating Zamas in the past would eliminate Zamas in the future. There was NO implication whatsoever that Beerus isn't powerful enough to breathe on Zamas and kill him.

Also, it was pretty clear that Goku's "hakai" attack would've killed him, hence why he grabbed Mai. If Goku could do that, Vegito could do it. It was also made abundantly clear that nothing Zamas did could hurt Vegito.

Zenkais work by a saiyan being beaten to within an inch of their life. If he's immortal, it's 100% possible he would gain no zenkai boosts. Nobody noted that he got a power boost after he recovered in the manga. That would be a pretty important detail for literally no character to comment upon.

Your post reads like a lot of fan myopia, tbh.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:04 pm

This doesn't seem right. I don't remember for sure, and I could be wrong. Post your sources to back these up, because I remember Beerus not being sure if eliminating Zamas in the past would eliminate Zamas in the future. There was NO implication whatsoever that Beerus isn't powerful enough to breathe on Zamas and kill him.
He says that he cannot in chapter 26:
If Beerus couldn't kill an immortal being, I doubt that Goku could. Fused Zamasu desperately grabbing Mai and using her to blackmail Goku could be explained with Zamasu overreacting. He was completely insane by that point, perhaps he forgot that he could regenerate. He did a similar thing in the anime when he bulked up to defeat Vegito, thus becoming much slower (a grave mistake that would later backfire when Trunks jumped into the fight).
It was also made abundantly clear that nothing Zamas did could hurt Vegito.
Vegito's job was to defeat Zamasu and Zamasu couldn't be defeated because he was immortal, so it doesn't matter if Zamasu was weaker because he would have outlasted his opponent anyway.

Vegito's only option was to use the King of All Button, because there is no way that he could annihilate every single trace of Infinite Zamasu before the time ran out. That's why i said that in the end the outcome wouldn't change.
Zenkais work by a saiyan being beaten to within an inch of their life.
Or from enduring great struggle, if I am not mistaken Toriyama confirmed this around the time of the Battle of God movie release.

Besides, Fused Zamasu got a significant power increase after the fusion was ended, though not from Saiyan power, but from his own divine Immortality, which caused an unexpected evolution in his being when Black and Zamasu merged at a cellular level. As a result of this power increase, he became Infinite Zamasu, which was much more powerful than Fused Zamasu because this entity obviously consisted of hundreds, if not thousands, of different Fused Zamases, and whose regeneration capabilities vastly surpassed that of Cell or the Namekians.