What Top 10 Characters Do You Want to see Return when Super Comes Back!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Re: What Top 10 Characters Do You Want to see Return when Super Comes Back!

Post by Akamay » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:55 am

At this point I'm pretty sure I should have one of the most unconventional lists but welp, here it goes, in no particular order:

1- Tights and Omori
Jaco is a recurring character, would be nice to have his series adapted to give more people the context of who he is.

2 - King Cold/Freeza Army
Given how much we've been shown in the Broly movie, it'd be nice to see a little bit more background on Freeza in general.
By having the story focus on King Cold's time as the Galactic Emperor the story could touch on how Freeza came to be, how the Ginyu force started, etc.
It would be kinda nice to have a nod to Lord Chilled as well, even if it retcons the Episode of Bardock special since it is not canon anyway.

3- King Vegeta/ Universe 7 Saiyans
Since we now know that the Vegeta we followed is Vegeta the 4th, would be nice to at least have a small indication of the Saiyan timeline.
TFS mentioned on the podcast something that could be interesting: figuring out how Vegeta the 1st came to power, even if it was just King Cold saying: "You there, you are the King now"

4 - Hachiyak/Baby or even both
People liked the idea of the Tsufurujins and the idea that they have a grudge against the Saiyans. Since Dragon Ball Heroes has both characters, it could be interesting to maybe use both of them at once ?
Something like Hachiyak being a imperfect android that needs Baby to become perfect, kinda like Cell ?

5 - Universe 7's Kaioshin
While yeah, he is important in the context of the series, it is never really clear what he does, why he needs Kibito, what he's been up to with the Elder Kai.
Heck, give the poor guy a name ? We call him "Shin" but even that was not really confirmed.
It could be a good way to touch on how the 12 Kaioshin work and what exactly they are up to usually, how they interact, etc.
You could even put the Makaioshin here.

6 - Dabura
I know that some people cringe at the idea of having Heroes and Xenoverse even being mentioned on the original series, but it would be interesting to have a canon version of Mira, Towa and Fu.
Them bringing Dabura back somehow could also tie up with the whole Demon Realm thing that really is just never brought up again.

7 - Yamoshi
Would be nice to know what his deal was, why he became a Super Saiyan God.

8 - Zarama
Kinda the same as above. "Why even make Dragon Balls in the first place ?"

9 - Android 21
Given how well received the character was in FighterZ, it would be nice to have her showing up in the canon series.
She even sticks around after the events of the game, why not just have a small arc in the anime so we can have her show up more ?

10 - Android 17 and his family
I dunno if it can be accepted as canon, but on the manga 17 says that there are a bunch of "fake cells" on the Park that he is protecting and they even attack Trunks and Goten.
We also never got to see what his kids and his wife look like.
It could also be a very nice way to have the story focus on 18, Kuririn and Maron without it being a story about their marriage.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:51 am

ZombieVito wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:I would love to see Zamasu come back. He was a great villain and personally I think that we haven't seen the last of him. He deserves more screentime since he is pretty much the most original and unique antagonist in all of Super, as well as its only big bad. My idea for an arc is that Zamasu could team up with a new villain (maybe some Demon character like Towa or Demigra) to dethrone Zeno. So, basically, what Super Dragon Ball Heroes is doing right now with "Mecha" Zamasu and Hearts, and I can't wait to see how that story will continue.

What's more, Zamasu (and Goku Black, obviously), amongst the characters introduced in Super, is by far the most popular, so much so that the episode in which he first appeared had the highest ratings in all of Super. If it is true that Toriyama and Toei care only about popularity like many here often claim, then Zamasu will 99% return in the future. There will be people who will be against bringing back villains, but Zamasu is not Freeza. Zamasu hasn't appeared for 50+ episodes and already came back once in literally the arc following his defeat. Zamasu is a villain who appeared in just 21 episodes. I think that they can afford bringing him back.

The reason I say that we haven't seen the last of Zamasu yet is because the Zamasu of Cell's timeline is still alive. I could see him playing a role in the future. Though I do think that the "Main" Zamasu, the one who appeared in the Future Trunks arc, is never coming back. I mean, he was erased by Zeno himself, how can you come back from that? Maybe the Future multiverse was included in Android 17's vaguely-stated wish at the end of the Tournament of Power, but I doubt that.
The inmortal Zamasu from Trunks new future is still alive but sealed. What happened to the Goku Black from that timeline remains a mystery.
So, in conclusion:

- Present Zamasu is dead;
- Fused/Infinite Zamasu is dead but could easily be brought back by the writers (just say that 17's vague wish restored the Future universes too as they were erased by Future Zeno);
- The Zamasu from Cell's timeline is still alive;
- The Zamasu from Trunks' new timeline is sealed (so he could come back) and the Goku Black of that timeline is still alive.

Zamasu's story is far from over. We have not seen the last of him, mark my words.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:43 pm

Akamay wrote:At this point I'm pretty sure I should have one of the most unconventional lists but welp, here it goes, in no particular order:

1- Tights and Omori
Jaco is a recurring character, would be nice to have his series adapted to give more people the context of who he is.

2 - King Cold/Freeza Army
Given how much we've been shown in the Broly movie, it'd be nice to see a little bit more background on Freeza in general.
By having the story focus on King Cold's time as the Galactic Emperor the story could touch on how Freeza came to be, how the Ginyu force started, etc.
It would be kinda nice to have a nod to Lord Chilled as well, even if it retcons the Episode of Bardock special since it is not canon anyway.

3- King Vegeta/ Universe 7 Saiyans
Since we now know that the Vegeta we followed is Vegeta the 4th, would be nice to at least have a small indication of the Saiyan timeline.
TFS mentioned on the podcast something that could be interesting: figuring out how Vegeta the 1st came to power, even if it was just King Cold saying: "You there, you are the King now"

4 - Hachiyak/Baby or even both
People liked the idea of the Tsufurujins and the idea that they have a grudge against the Saiyans. Since Dragon Ball Heroes has both characters, it could be interesting to maybe use both of them at once ?
Something like Hachiyak being a imperfect android that needs Baby to become perfect, kinda like Cell ?

5 - Universe 7's Kaioshin
While yeah, he is important in the context of the series, it is never really clear what he does, why he needs Kibito, what he's been up to with the Elder Kai.
Heck, give the poor guy a name ? We call him "Shin" but even that was not really confirmed.
It could be a good way to touch on how the 12 Kaioshin work and what exactly they are up to usually, how they interact, etc.
You could even put the Makaioshin here.

6 - Dabura
I know that some people cringe at the idea of having Heroes and Xenoverse even being mentioned on the original series, but it would be interesting to have a canon version of Mira, Towa and Fu.
Them bringing Dabura back somehow could also tie up with the whole Demon Realm thing that really is just never brought up again.

7 - Yamoshi
Would be nice to know what his deal was, why he became a Super Saiyan God.

8 - Zarama
Kinda the same as above. "Why even make Dragon Balls in the first place ?"

9 - Android 21
Given how well received the character was in FighterZ, it would be nice to have her showing up in the canon series.
She even sticks around after the events of the game, why not just have a small arc in the anime so we can have her show up more ?

10 - Android 17 and his family
I dunno if it can be accepted as canon, but on the manga 17 says that there are a bunch of "fake cells" on the Park that he is protecting and they even attack Trunks and Goten.
We also never got to see what his kids and his wife look like.
It could also be a very nice way to have the story focus on 18, Kuririn and Maron without it being a story about their marriage.
Their is No Such Thing as Unconventional Akamay when it comes to your fandom in who you desire to be seen in the Series Again, so Thank You for Your List and being honest with who you wanted! :thumbup:

Going on some of your chooses;

Yes, I like also for Android 21 to be Canon and have an arc in the series. It gives reasoning the bring back Android 16 into the story greatly, but mostly Android 21 is an interesting character that if handed by a well to do writing staff could take the story by storm like she did early in the FightersZ fandom!

At this point with all the teasing, Android 17 and His Family should be shown in the canon. It would give greater death to Android 17 himself as well as expand Krillian's and the Android's extended families into the mythos, giving them possible greater usage into future stories.

I Could NOT Agree with Dabura MORE, espically with his Statues as the Demon King and ALL the possibilities for stories with in Intro the the Demon Realms and Characters! Their be no more epic of Villains then those in a Biblical sense to challenge the rule of the Angels then Demons and Devils themselves, Super 2.0 NEEDS to Make an Demon Realm Arc Happen!!! :twisted:

Going on that Indeed Super 2.0 should expand on the Universe 7's Kaioshin and the other Kaioshins from their universe, alive or dead. They are the Gods of their Universes responsible for life, so having a greater expanded mythos would tie in well with any war with Demons or those that threaten the life of a whole universe!

I like to the Hachiyak/Baby intro into the Mythos of Super as well to expanded the Tuffle Mythos and it can connect with both the Tuffles of Universes 7 and 2 into nice new Lore, Allies and Villains! :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:42 pm

BWri wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:I appreciate Much the gesture for My list BWri, your a good friend and indeed likely everyone knows who my #1 would be indeed. :angel:
No problem and thanks! :thumbup:
Still I rather wait abit to make this thread about other fan's list cause like my Comic book Forms this give the opportunity for discussion to in-gag the Fandom and see what characters fans want to see come back and how the Super story might go forward from fan's perspectives.
That's understandable. I'll pop in every so often to check for your list. Everyone else is posting interesting suggestions too so no prob.
Thanks BWri, I like your Breakdown of all my points, was an Joy to Read and indeed I was Very Impressed with your Breakdown on the positives of Hit, Well Said! :thumbup:

I Guess I have Given Enough time to finally post my list and Since it is the 1st day of Feburay, the Month of Love :wink: , it only makes sense to post it today.

My List ill be going from 10th to #1, Thanks to all those So Far that Posted their list, been a joy to read and discuss! :thumbup:

Honorable Mentions First;

~~ Androids 17, 18 and the Krillian Family!
~~ Bulma!
~~ Jiren, Toppo and the Pride Troopers!
~~ Universe 3's Katopesla!
~~ Future Trunks and Mai!
~~ Goten and Trunks!
~~ Universe 9's Trio-De-Dangers, Hopp and Sorrel!

10.) Gohan!

~~ After how Impressed I was with his showing in the ToP and My Realizing of how Good His Character has come overall, I want his Character to be Add Upon Greatly and with the Intro of the Pride Troopers, Toppo, Katopesla and Universal Ideals of Multiverse Justice, Great and New Character Development should be given to Gohan threw all of these new and exciting avenues!

9.) Helas and the Other Fighters of Universe 2!

~~ Not including the Maidens of U2 in this ranking, I ending up enjoying all the fighters of U2 and the GoD Helas with how she both Runs and Admires both her Warriors and how she has conducted her Universe So Well! Their are many avenues to Improve and Dig in deep with character development of not just Helas and the History of Universe 2, but also the Races like Tuffles and Yardrats with their parts of Universe 2 and Mostly to Develop all the Warriors of Universe 2 with backgrounds and increasing their strengths after the great showings they had in defending the Universe to the end in the ToP!

8.) Super Broly, Cheelai and Lemo!

~~ The Movie REALLY impressed my and This New Trio of Friends was IMO the Heart~N~SOUL of the whole of the Movie! I Greatly want to see them be brought back and developed in any Super 2.0 and add as main contributors to the story going forward!

7.) ULTIMATE Perfect Cell!

~~ Villains having a 2nd chance in Super has been a Thing and Now Toei Needs to Give Cell his Chance to Comeback and Shine! He is My Favorite Villain of the DB Mythos and has some of the most potential in both Charisma and his abilities threw the cells that are apart of him. He can become easily a True Terror and even an Anti Hero of Amazing Power with the Potential he has!

6.) Piccolo!

~~ With the Intro of U6 Namekins and Piccolo's Never Ending Character to develop into the Best Warrior he can be both for the Earth and Namekins, by going threw a story with the Namekins of U6 and U7 the Skies can be the Limit with what mythical levels of Power and Development Piccolo can have achieving God Level Like powers the Namekin way!

5.) U6 and U7 Namekins!

~~ Anything for Piccolo to Achieve IMO should not be possible without the whole of His Namekin People of Both Universes! The Namekins are still one of, if not the Best Alien Races in all of DB Mythos and what place they can serve in development of their Mythos with their connections to the Dragon Ball is Truly Amazing when one thinks about it!

4.) Dabura!

~~ I really Want a Demon Relm as the Main Villain Arc ALLOT :twisted: and Dabura needs to Rightfully Take his Place once again as their King! This can truly be a War of Heaven & Hell if Executed Right, but Dabura is needed to add his Gravitas to it! :twisted:

3.) Caulifla, Kale and Cabba!

~~ These 3 are the Trio~of~Trios in the DB Mythos Right Now and the New Blood of the Saiyan Future! Their is SO much Potential these young saiyans have, but they greatly have it more when they are together! I can Say more but many fans have stated well already the potential stories of the Young U6 Saiyans and I Greatly want to see those stories! :D

2.) Kakunsa/Sanka Ku & Rozie/Su Roas!

~~ Their is So Much Heart and Soul to these Ladies it is Hard to Begin how much I admire them! :angel: :clap: I want to see them Return to Not only Improve their Levels of Strength to become some of the Top Tier Fighters in the Multiverse, but also to Gain new Backstory on them, their lives in Universe 2, more on their Personas, why they have the Transformation they do and mostly to gain new Friends with others from U7 and other Universes!

1.) Ribrianne/Brianne De Chateau! :angel: :thumbup:

~~ Yea, Anyone the Knows Me around The Kanzenshuu Forums knows of My #1 Major Fandom I have for this Lady of Love what she means to me of My history of Magical Girl Heroes and my support of her, her Concepts of Love and support of her Universe and Friends! With that I want that GREATLY Expanded Upon and if she has the Honor from Toei to Come back that and much more needs to be Greatly Expand Upon for her to have a future in a Super 2.0!

She is not just another Fighter either, she is Looked Upon as the Goddess and Champion of a here Whole Universe. We really have not had a character or at least not many like this in the DB Mythos, their is So Much story to explore here. Coming back she should get a Backstory, Her Life in Universe 2, how she come to believe in the Power she holds so Dear in Love, more details into her persona and why she is Looked upon in Universe 2 so highly as she is just to name a few!\.

She also has the Possibility in being one of the Top Tier fighters in all the Multiverse if Toei has the will to go down that road and she already has the resume and status to do it! 8)

Being the Champion of a Whole Universe and begin looked upon to defend Trillions of Lives, being a Hero and Inspiration to your people, their is Little Reason not to give her a Story about Exploring Love more deeply after her experiences in the ToP, with Android 18 and most of all being erased and coming back to Life. It can be a Long and difficult road, but one that should take its time and develop as to why she deserves such development.

For me as a Fan that cares about her character so much, Personally allot hinges on Super 2.0 being a series I stick with on Ribrianne/Brianne not only returning but what they might do with her character going forward. So their is allot to look forward too if it happens but allot to wonder for Toei to get done right and I like fans to keep an open mind and enjoy the ride if it happens. :angel:
My #1 in DB!

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:58 pm

Some iteration of Zamasu, preferably Merged Zamasu or Goku Black (my 2 favorite versions of him).

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:14 am

DHM211 wrote:Some iteration of Zamasu, preferably Merged Zamasu or Goku Black (my 2 favorite versions of him).
Honestly with how Popular the Character is, the Reaction he got from his Anime Heroes debut and the look he had in Heroes, I think with the right writer and a good backstory for him to comeback to like he and Goku Black would be good to have back for a 2nd round of conflict and it can be this time on a multiversail level with the other New Characters! 8)
My #1 in DB!

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:53 am

1. Gohan - taking the lead role from his BIOLOGICAL father and giving us a decent smart hero to lead the franchise ALONG WITH HIS CAREER STRIVING BEHIND THE SCENES as other American Comics' superheroes (academics and not) can.

2. Piccolo - taking the "not so nice guy" leading role (and hopefully gives us a break from Vegeta and that "only Saiyans can do stuff hurr durr" which is just a pain in the view as Goku's forced childish acts). At least he's a tactician rather than "I'll punch that hard, and if it won't work I'll punch it even harder" kind of cocky character who tends to never listen nor learn from his past's mistakes upon facing a new enemy.

3.Yamcha - Hopefully he'll redeem himself from this shitty position/situation and will be proving the fandom he's not some walking joke, surprise a-la Tien vs. Semi-Perfect Cell.

4. Chiaotzu - Same argument as for Yamcha, I have always wanted him to be the Jean Grey of the Z-Fighters, though not on the brutish strength's top tier, he can make up for that with amazing psychic abilities if the writers knew to activate/write him right (never stopped Babidi who's weaker than Raditz to be pain in the ass for the Kaioshins and Buu Saga Z-Fighters).

5. Tien - The guy was written so poorly in Super's original run, he needs to redeem himself as well. He used to be productive to the story/plot, very skilled (with a wide arsenal of techniques) and quite an efficient fighter, now all he's reduced to - besides being a walking punching bag - is "Tri-Beam" here and there, which never even affects the big main guy. Also important to note that his origin story is yet to be tapped into, they could've made an OVA about his younger self and about the 3 eyes clan's history.

6. Broly, Cheelai and Lemo - We need this Tarzan trio interactions in the view, maybe in an upcoming Universal threat (which can be Goku's stepping down from starring party). If Broly (other than getting stronger) can regain Ba's trust somehow, I'd be satisfied with his canonized version's fate.

7. Trio De Dangers - I like them and Universe 9 was the only one that interested me during the ToP original run. Seeing them running into some trouble a-la Majin Buu and asking Universe 7 for help could be nice.

8. Dr. Rota - just to see him use his special magic power that entitled him the nickname "doctor" (must be able to make internal organs malfunction or to cause stomach aches with how this franchise's logic work).

9. Hit - Learning more about him, his race's name and his personal background before becoming an assassin.

10. Launch - Just to have Tien married already, Japanese executives screwed him long enough since he was taken down by chopsticks in Battle of Gods. I'd like Tien to use the Dragon Balls to ask Shenron to make her stay in her normal state (writing out that blonde crazy persona criminal).

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:48 pm

Great list CB! You have very similar tastes to myself it would seem and you pointed out a few of my favorite characters from Z that I forgot about, such as Dabura!!! You even reminded me of characters I loved in Super and why I loved them, such as the Kamikaze Fireballs and the Trio De Dangers (six characters I absolutely loved with great unique fighting styles). I need those six and the replacement crossdressing Fireballs, absolutely! Universe 2 is probably the most mysterious universe with the Yardrat and Tuffle. And, of course Pirina and Saonel, how could I forget about them and what they could bring Piccolo. And Cell is one of my absolute character characters of all time. How could I forget about any of them!?!?!? lol

And with all this Android business, I'd love to see the return of a mad scientist like Gero, Wheelo, or Myuu like someone previously stated.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:08 pm

Green_Goblin wrote:1. Gohan - taking the lead role from his BIOLOGICAL father and giving us a decent smart hero to lead the franchise ALONG WITH HIS CAREER STRIVING BEHIND THE SCENES as other American Comics' superheroes (academics and not) can.
I've been saying this a lot lately. Gohan is the perfect DBZ analogue to Superman/Clark Kent. Making him fight even serious fights in his superhero outfit like at the start of the Buu saga separates him nicely so he's not just Goku Jr. or Piccolo Jr. Jr. even as an adult. Having him fight with smarts + technology & mysticism makes him unique from the others as well. Plus it seems like the exact sort of story Toriyama-san would want to write. There's plenty of chance for wacky hijinks and Toriyama-san just loves his superheroes/Tokusatsu parodies.
2. Piccolo - taking the "not so nice guy" leading role (and hopefully gives us a break from Vegeta and that "only Saiyans can do stuff hurr durr" which is just a pain in the view as Goku's forced childish acts). At least he's a tactician rather than "I'll punch that hard, and if it won't work I'll punch it even harder" kind of cocky character who tends to never listen nor learn from his past's mistakes upon facing a new enemy.
You are surely speaking my language. I want a show with Piccolo and Superhero Gohan as the leads so freaking much! If Toei made this now, they could take ALL my money.
3.Yamcha - Hopefully he'll redeem himself from this shitty position/situation and will be proving the fandom he's not some walking joke, surprise a-la Tien vs. Semi-Perfect Cell.

4. Chiaotzu - Same argument as for Yamcha, I have always wanted him to be the Jean Grey of the Z-Fighters, though not on the brutish strength's top tier, he can make up for that with amazing psychic abilities if the writers knew to activate/write him right (never stopped Babidi who's weaker than Raditz to be pain in the ass for the Kaioshins and Buu Saga Z-Fighters).

5. Tien - The guy was written so poorly in Super's original run, he needs to redeem himself as well. He used to be productive to the story/plot, very skilled (with a wide arsenal of techniques) and quite an efficient fighter, now all he's reduced to - besides being a walking punching bag - is "Tri-Beam" here and there, which never even affects the big main guy. Also important to note that his origin story is yet to be tapped into, they could've made an OVA about his younger self and about the 3 eyes clan's history.
I feel the same about all 3 of these. I actually had some interesting theories about Tien's lineage, considering Tien's mythological connection to gods in our reality (Journey to the West, Hindu god imagery of multiple arms/multiple eyes) I believe his race were formally War Gods like Asura made extinct by a GoD. Tien's blood is likely heavily diluted, but perhaps the potential could be brought out by the strenuous techniques like Kaioken or Shin-Kikoho. It's all fun headcanon but wrote more about it on my blog if you're interested. The link's in the spoiler below.
7. Trio De Dangers - I like them and Universe 9 was the only one that interested me during the ToP original run. Seeing them running into some trouble a-la Majin Buu and asking Universe 7 for help could be nice.

8. Dr. Rota - just to see him use his special magic power that entitled him the nickname "doctor" (must be able to make internal organs malfunction or to cause stomach aches with how this franchise's logic work).

9. Hit - Learning more about him, his race's name and his personal background before becoming an assassin.

10. Launch - Just to have Tien married already, Japanese executives screwed him long enough since he was taken down by chopsticks in Battle of Gods. I'd like Tien to use the Dragon Balls to ask Shenron to make her stay in her normal state (writing out that blonde crazy persona criminal).
Great list! I definitely share the same opinions on everyone aside from Broly, Cheelai, and Lemo. I'm not so interested in those 3.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:10 pm

BWri wrote:
Great list CB! You have very similar tastes to myself it would seem and you pointed out a few of my favorite characters from Z that I forgot about, such as Dabura!!! You even reminded me of characters I loved in Super and why I loved them, such as the Kamikaze Fireballs and the Trio De Dangers (six characters I absolutely loved with great unique fighting styles). I need those six and the replacement crossdressing Fireballs, absolutely! Universe 2 is probably the most mysterious universe with the Yardrat and Tuffle. And, of course Pirina and Saonel, how could I forget about them and what they could bring Piccolo. And Cell is one of my absolute character characters of all time. How could I forget about any of them!?!?!? lol

And with all this Android business, I'd love to see the return of a mad scientist like Gero, Wheelo, or Myuu like someone previously stated.
One of the things I loved most about GT was when Dr. Myuu and Dr. Gero team-up, bring a short of All Stars Mad Scientist Villain arc to the show. While I know Super 17 did not go over well, the ideal is inspiring when you make all-star team-ups like that the heighten the threats more and lets knew ideas and interactions flow between such characters. It is short of like a Masters of Evil or Injustice Gang style team up that could lead to amazing new story and threat possibilities.

Add to that Universe 3's tech properties and Cell alone, a Mech Arch against a new age of Android, Bio-Warriors, Even the in Canon Intro of Dr. Wheelo, their is much story with a multiverse the Toei can play around with this if they have the imagination and will to do so.

I an Very Glad to hear you liked my Tastes in my Lists and it has been good talking to you and others on swapping ideas on who could be used in a Super 2.0 and the creative levels they can go with these Characters! From Cell who is still and I am Very Glad you like him too, the most well put together I have seen in power abilities and charisma alone, to the Mad Max style world of Develop the Trio De Dangers could have in their world, The Knights of Universe 2 and after their last stand what is their place now and how their lives are?!

The Mystery of Yardrat and Tuffles in Universe 2 is one I have seen many fans want answered, the now Expanded Namekin Mythos now with Pirina and Saonel and the U6 Namekins give Rich Story to both them and U7 Namekins with Piccolo at the forefront of possible grand development with the stories that could come from them and wanting to see Dabura back means allot!

Hearing Love and wanting to see back the Kamikaze Fireballs means allot, I could go endlessly on talking about them :wink: , their are many rich stories and characters here outside of the normal boundaries then could last the show for several years to tell.

So it means allot to talk with like minded fans like you BWri, sharing you characters and enthusiastic views in wanting to see them get development and love for them. The other fans here that have given Very Nice lists and having discussions about them as well, it indeed shows the rich fans we have in the fandom and each of use have our desires and views on how to make a Super 2.0 Epic for Characters we Like! :thumbup:
My #1 in DB!

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:14 pm

1. The U6 Saiyans: The Sadala arc NEEDS to happen. Its Super's best potential idea for an arc. Plus, it would be great if we saw Kale's origin story, Vegeta meeting King Sadala and Cabba, Caulifla & Kale reuniting with Goku, Vegeta & Broly as their proteges.

2. Broly, Chirai and Lemo: They could come to U6 Sadala and/or be the center of arc where Broly is used for evil against his will. Broly could also be the center of an arc surrounding Yamoshi, his followers and the evil Saiyans that killed them.

3. Hit: There should be an arc centered around his backstory and why he became an assassin.

4. The Pride Troopers: They could team up with the Z fighters to fight a much greater threat, get Goku x Jiren & Vegeta x Toppo rematches, face off against the guy who killed Jiren's parents, etc.

5. Badass Gohan: The ToP (both versions) has made him relevant again as a fighter. There should be at least one arc where he's the protagonist again.

6. Future Trunks & Future Mai: There was no reason for them to leave after the Black arc in the first place. Future Trunks would have made a great ally in the ToP and he's generally the most useful Z fighter next to Goku himself.

7. Piccolo: He needs to be relevant again. He could be involved in a arc about Zalama (if he's an Namekian) and the Namekian Book of Legends.

8. Cell: He's the only major villain from the original manga not to return in Super. We've seen what Freeza can do with just a year of training, image how strong Cell (who has both Saiyan & Freeza's DNA) could become. Plus, a Cell Returns arc would also be an opportunity to canonize Android 21 and integrate her backstory into the main lore (and possibly make her a Z fighter). It would also be an opportunity to give Android 17 & 18 another major role in Super.

9. Baby: He is GT's best idea (next to SSJ4) and a Tuffles revenge arc wpild be great for Super. Also, he could instead of taking Vegeta's body, takes Beerus'. This would add a lot of tension and it would give us the long awaited Goku vs Beerus rematch.

10. Cooler: DBH gave him an interesting part to play. He could serve as another ally/enemy faction distinct from Freeza.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:53 pm

BWri wrote:
Green_Goblin wrote:1. Gohan - taking the lead role from his BIOLOGICAL father and giving us a decent smart hero to lead the franchise ALONG WITH HIS CAREER STRIVING BEHIND THE SCENES as other American Comics' superheroes (academics and not) can.
I've been saying this a lot lately. Gohan is the perfect DBZ analogue to Superman/Clark Kent. Making him fight even serious fights in his superhero outfit like at the start of the Buu saga separates him nicely so he's not just Goku Jr. or Piccolo Jr. Jr. even as an adult. Having him fight with smarts + technology & mysticism makes him unique from the others as well. Plus it seems like the exact sort of story Toriyama-san would want to write. There's plenty of chance for wacky hijinks and Toriyama-san just loves his superheroes/Tokusatsu parodies.
You are surely speaking my language. I want a show with Piccolo and Superhero Gohan as the leads so freaking much! If Toei made this now, they could take ALL my money.

I feel the same about all 3 of these. I actually had some interesting theories about Tien's lineage, considering Tien's mythological connection to gods in our reality (Journey to the West, Hindu god imagery of multiple arms/multiple eyes) I believe his race were formally War Gods like Asura made extinct by a GoD. Tien's blood is likely heavily diluted, but perhaps the potential could be brought out by the strenuous techniques like Kaioken or Shin-Kikoho. It's all fun headcanon but wrote more about it on my blog if you're interested. The link's in the spoiler below.

Great list! I definitely share the same opinions on everyone aside from Broly, Cheelai, and Lemo. I'm not so interested in those 3.
Thanks! Glad you dig me and liked it. I'll have a look right away. :)
I also would've liked if Android 8, Bora and Upa would have shown up in Super - even if it's for a cameo, them interacting with Goku will be nice. Felt like the stills-scenes from GT of him rescuing them as SSJ 4 before the Earth blew up needed some dialogue.

BWri

Post by BWri » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:18 pm

Green_Goblin wrote: Thanks! Glad you dig me and liked it. I'll have a look right away. :)
I also would've liked if Android 8, Bora and Upa would have shown up in Super - even if it's for a cameo, them interacting with Goku will be nice. Felt like the stills-scenes from GT of him rescuing them as SSJ 4 before the Earth blew up needed some dialogue.
Yeah, its always nice to get an update for the older characters like 8er, Bora, and Upa. How'd you feel about Toyotaro's depiction of King Chappa and Uub and how he feels he might have trained him? I like the connection.

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:58 am

BWri wrote:
Green_Goblin wrote: Thanks! Glad you dig me and liked it. I'll have a look right away. :)
Yeah, its always nice to get an update for the older characters like 8er, Bora, and Upa. How'd you feel about Toyotaro's depiction of King Chappa and Uub and how he feels he might have trained him? I like the connection.
I totally liked that idea of Toyotaro, even though before that I always had the feeling/head-canon that Uub will eventually be revealed to be somehow related to Nam. Maybe because their nature isn't cocky as Chappa's.

BWri

Post by BWri » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:28 am

Green_Goblin wrote:
BWri wrote:
I totally liked that idea of Toyotaro, even though before that I always had the feeling/head-canon that Uub will eventually be revealed to be somehow related to Nam. Maybe because their nature isn't cocky as Chappa's.
Same here! Especially with them having such a similar desire, to bring sustenance to their malnourished loved ones. But I guess that'd be too similar lol. I'd love to see Nam brought back into the show though.

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:50 pm

BWri wrote:
Green_Goblin wrote:
BWri wrote: Yeah, its always nice to get an update for the older characters like 8er, Bora, and Upa. How'd you feel about Toyotaro's depiction of King Chappa and Uub and how he feels he might have trained him? I like the connection.
Same here! Especially with them having such a similar desire, to bring sustenance to their malnourished loved ones. But I guess that'd be too similar lol. I'd love to see Nam brought back into the show though.
Yeah, originally wanted to type that, but was preoccupied and the line I've typed came into my head in the last moment in 8 AM. Nam can always make a comeback, maybe as an old master of some local fighters in his vicinity, but if there was a time to have him around it was in DB as he was in his 30s back then, and doesn't/can't maintain his peak further like the Z-Fighters can.

BWri

Post by BWri » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:27 pm

Green_Goblin wrote: Yeah, originally wanted to type that, but was preoccupied and the line I've typed came into my head in the last moment in 8 AM.

I'm sure it's happened to all of us. I know it's happened to me.
Nam can always make a comeback, maybe as an old master of some local fighters in his vicinity, but if there was a time to have him around it was in DB as he was in his 30s back then, and doesn't/can't maintain his peak further like the Z-Fighters can.
Very true. This makes me wonder, what happened to all the insanely strong human fighters in the world after the 23rd tourney. Did King Piccolo and Tambourine really scare them off that badly? Or did they just not think they'd ever defeat fighters like Goku or Tenshinhan? Humans seem so weak in the DBZ period on forward, especially in the tournaments, but in DB there were so many strong ones, like superhumanly strong.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:32 pm

Son Goku, Vegeta, Beerus, and Whis:
- These are arguably Super's four main characters. The former two being the students, and the latter two being the teachers. Until such time that the two Saiyans "graduate" from "Whis University", the story revolving around these four is not done.

Freeza:
- Since his re-introduction to the story in Resurrection F, Freeza has slowly begun to walk down the path of the martial artist. He's started training, both as a living being, and in Hell. He also appears to be slowly moving down the path of some sort of redemption. I don't expect to see him become "good", in any sense, but I'm certainly anticipating some sort of further development or growth from him as a person. That, or he's going to cause some big time ruckus in the future. Either way, his continued existence as is makes for a loose end that any continuation of the story needs to tie up.

Broli:
- Much like Freeza, that he's not been offed yet indicates that more will likely be done with him in the future. Until such time that this thing happens, I'm going to be anticipating his return. Whenever Goku and Vegeta do "graduate", I wouldn't mind the story ending with Freeza and Broli being roped into the same class, as comically reluctant training partners.

Geran:
- As with many of Dragon Ball's antagonists after their debut arc (Tenshinhan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Hit), Geran now sits awaiting a rematch with Son Goku. This is likely to happen, and Geran is likely to look less stellar next time around, illustrating some sort of growth on the part of Goku as a martial artist. That, or he'll take an L against some new antagonist to help show how much of a threat and/or challenge they'll be.

Zeno:
- As long as the story continues to involve the gods, it's going to continue to involve Zeno, be it in the background or the foreground. I'm curious to see what kind of bigger window we might see into his personality, and how it might bounce off of Goku's.

Off the top of my head, I feel like everyone else has served any immediately obligatory narrative role they seem to have set up. Not really wanting for more from anyone. Deep down I'd be thrilled to see Tenshinhan and Piccolo catch up to Goku and Vegeta, opening the door for a four way martial artist rivalry, complete with all of the unresolved grudges that this quartet absolutely has. Though, with Freeza, Broli, and Jiren (not to mention Hit) already either directly, or recently, in that same mix, that would just be too crowded at this point (let alone a ship long since sailed).

Perhaps some students? The only reason I'd care to see the Universe 6 Saiyans come back at this point would be as students to Goku and Vegeta, to further facilitate their own rivalry and growth as martial artists (Super could have its very own isolated "student becomes the master" path for the two of them). Alternatively (and preferably) I'd like to see Pan, Bra, and Oob come into the picture to fill these roles. Though, this would involve time moving signficantly forward, which, unlike my above 8 bolded choices, I don't particularly expect.

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:21 pm

BWri wrote:Same here! Especially with them having such a similar desire, to bring sustenance to their malnourished loved ones. But I guess that'd be too similar lol. I'd love to see Nam brought back into the show though.
I don't want to sound racist or something for pointing it out but both Nam and Uub (and Chappa) also look from the same ethnicity (Indians), and considering that both of them came from a misfortunate place makes them seem more related to each other than Uub and Chappa who's a king of some place (must have resources).

BTW The only GT character I'd like to be borrowed into Super would be Ledgic, seeing him fighting Frieza in one of Frieza's flashbacks about the only time he had to transform (as Zarbon mentioned he witnessed it) before fighting the Z-Fighters on Planet Namek would be against Ledgic (who'd proven too much for Zarbon even in his transformed state and hundreds of Frieza soldiers, without breaking a sweat before proceeding to even push first form Frieza, who was forced to step in, to the wall) upon conquering his planet and race (a nod to Toyotaro's inclusion of a Ledgic based Frieza soldier in his Resurrection 'F' manga back in 2015). I wouldn't mind if Ledgic was, as according to "Dragon Ball GT: Transformation", a professor of some sort who managed to develop his famous cloth that grows metal spears out of it's sleeves' ends to assist him in battle. Maybe Ledgic managed to miraculously survive with Frieza mistaking him for dead after launching a massive attack that threw Ledgic far away from sight.