Would there be any potential in Baby or the Evil Dragons being made “canon”?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Would there be any potential in Baby or the Evil Dragons being made “canon”?

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:52 am

I won't lie, I admit that there is some charm in the character f Baby. I would enjoy watching him in Super, especially if you could tie his storyline with that of Zamasu. They could have an interesting chemistry has both of them would try to backstab the other when the time is right, but also recognizing that they need each other to exterminate the bothersome Saiyan.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Would there be any potential in Baby or the Evil Dragons being made “canon”?

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:53 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:Shadow Dragons won't work in Super. It was the definitive final arc that had specific feeling to it with mysterious ending of Shenron taking balls away. It showed that 100 years later, dragon balls are just a legend again and except for Pan, probably no one knows they are real. People rebuilt Earth over years by themselves. With Super taking place only few years before EoZ, this feeling can't be replicated. This saga would just feel like "yet another villain to beat" type of saga.

Baby is easier to fit but he isn't as simple and generic character as Broly was. If he was reintroduced only to infect everyone and posess Vegeta again then it would be basically the same story. But without him doing it, he wouldn't really be Baby. It's like rebooting Cell without him absorbing energy and androids to evolve. I guess it would be better to simply reboot Tuffles in general and use concept of them making a revenge instead of reintroducing Baby himself. I mean Hatchiyack used this concept even before Baby, but those were still completely different stories with different characters and Baby isn't Hatchiyack ripoff in any way. So you could kinda say GT already rebooted "Tuffle revenge" concept, so Super could just do the same thing and come with new villain based on the same concept as Hatchiyack and Baby were.
For your first statement I disagree because we can use the newly Super Dragon Balls for the Shadow Dragons concept as well as connecting that to Zarama expanding the lore of Dragon Ball.

And for Bebi maybe for me I would love use Dr Raichi and Hatchiyack in the mix there is thing that can be done as well as to see how Toriyama see the story of the Tsuful.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Potara-Warrior96

Post by Potara-Warrior96 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:01 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:I won't lie, I admit that there is some charm in the character f Baby. I would enjoy watching him in Super, especially if you could tie his storyline with that of Zamasu. They could have an interesting chemistry has both of them would try to backstab the other when the time is right, but also recognizing that they need each other to exterminate the bothersome Saiyan.
Have you seen this video by any chance: https://youtu.be/XtpIH5ZCgY8

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:20 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:I won't lie, I admit that there is some charm in the character f Baby. I would enjoy watching him in Super, especially if you could tie his storyline with that of Zamasu. They could have an interesting chemistry has both of them would try to backstab the other when the time is right, but also recognizing that they need each other to exterminate the bothersome Saiyan.
I always believed that Zamasu needed more allies in his cause. owed to that there were more minor villains in z (exception is cell) an alliance between zamasu / black, android 21 and baby could work well.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:28 am

Potara-Warrior96 wrote:
Have you seen this video by any chance: https://youtu.be/XtpIH5ZCgY8
Indeed, that video was an interesting what if. I don't think Black and Baby would necessarily want to fuse, but I could see them joining forces and make for a great due of antagonists.

Plus obviously Black himself is a very popular villain and many people want him back, so having him return alongside Baby in Super would be perfect personally.

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:16 am

I know what I'm about to say will annoy many people but having Baby succssessful in killing Vegeta (temporarily, as there are Dragon Balls) and avenging his race against the Saiyans ("we gave you refuge out of our kindness and hospitality and you paid us with our own blood and the destruction of our great civilazation, filthy monkey scums") will be great by me for fulfiling his character cycle/purpose. Dropping Dr. Myuu and the rest of the Machine Mutants and instead combining Baby, Dr. Raichi (as his programmer/care-keeper) and Hatchiyack (as his 2nd strongest in the plot/wingman to evil) will be a fitting way to bring the Tsufuru-jins back to the prime/front of the stage, as the writing of Myuu (was he a local to M2 or just an unknown alien who had a grudge upon them?), Rildo (same, who was he before Myuu turned him into a Machine Mutant?) and the whole "Galaxy Conquest and Conversion into Machine Mutants" (why just settle for a galaxy when there's an entire universe out there?) plan that eventually turned out to be a spoof as Baby planned to use Myuu's capabilities to "resurrect" the Tuffles with his own parasites throughout any life form he'll come across lacked.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:25 pm

A new Baby arc could make for more insight on saiyan's history, expand their own lore, maybe explain where all that power comes from(wasn't that an early tagline for the movie?)

The Evil Dragons from the super dragon balls could be enemies that make the GoDs require the assistance of humans such as Broly, Jiren, Hit, Goku, Vegeta. Goku and Beerus fighting together, Broly and Jiren teaming up. Maybe Whis stepping up. I definitely be into that.