Kai Episode 126 (19 October 2014)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Kai Episode 126 (19 October 2014)

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:28 am

I guess I was expecting too much from Faulconer fans to be more open-minded but I should've guessed they'd bash it even though it's really good.
"I should've guessed that they'd have a different opinion than me even though mine is objectively correct. Why can't Faulconer fans be more open-minded and agree with what I think?"
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:35 am

^ Wow, that's really disrespectful and rude of you to say it, RandomGuy.

It's not about agreeing but seeing that it is just as good in a different perspective rather than just obsessing over the Faulconer as the only that's good.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:22 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:^ Wow, that's really disrespectful and rude of you to say it, RandomGuy.

It's not about agreeing but seeing that it is just as good in a different perspective rather than just obsessing over the Faulconer as the only that's good.
I don't recall him/her saying that only Faulconer can be good. Just that s/he highly preferred that music to this music. You can say that even considering it, and complimenting it for improvement, was being open minded. How is it not "open minded" if, after watching it, that member just still didn't like it? Would it only be open minded if they liked it? I mean, you lumped "Faulconer fans" together, said you overestimated them, and said that they were close minded because they couldn't see the brilliance of this score. Maybe they just didn't like the tone the Japanese score was trying to get across. Maybe they just liked the alternative better. That doesn't make them close minded.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:58 am

Naruto6583 wrote:
LordCrumb wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:Found the scene on YouTube.

I think the music works very well. Nozawa's screams are the best she's done in a long time as well. It's quite remarkable really. I found most of her yells and such throughout Kai to be unfortunately weak, but she pulled through here very well.
I swear i've heard that music before.. sounds like one of Hans Zimmers tracks...

Will have to do some searching, but its definitely ripping off a action movie score.. from 'The Rock (Michael Bay)' I think.
If sumitomo had ripped off any tracks then toei would've already noticed. They probably don't want another yamamoto scandal
I'm going to keep looking because I swear i've heard it before. I'm sure I cant be the only one.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:52 am

Will have to do some searching, but its definitely ripping off a action movie score.. from 'The Rock (Michael Bay)' I think.[/quote]
If sumitomo had ripped off any tracks then toei would've already noticed. They probably don't want another yamamoto scandal[/quote]

I'm going to keep looking because I swear i've heard it before. I'm sure I cant be the only one.[/quote]
Well best of luck to ya.
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:36 pm

LordCrumb wrote: I'm going to keep looking because I swear i've heard it before. I'm sure I cant be the only one.
You guys are obsessed with plagiarizing XD. stop it, please, we don't need another scandal, atleast wait until the soundtrack is released or Toei will never want to do dragon ball again. Take it kindly, I just found out the main theme of one of my favorite series it ripped off and I don't seek to further destroy the series X.X
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

SSJ Electric Fury
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ Electric Fury » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:44 am

What's the episode number for this in the international release?
"You can't make up for your mistakes when you're dead." - Irina Akulov, Xenoblade [Chronicles] X
ringworm128 wrote:

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:29 am

SSJ Electric Fury wrote:What's the episode number for this in the international release?
#133 For the International Version.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:40 am

DBZ_Lee wrote:
SSJ Electric Fury wrote:What's the episode number for this in the international release?
The Final Chapters are continuing off from Kai episode 98? Weird.. I was under the impression they were going with a new order of episodes for this batch, i.e, Episode 01-69.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:17 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
DBZ_Lee wrote:
The Final Chapters are continuing off from Kai episode 98? Weird.. I was under the impression they were going with a new order of episodes for this batch, i.e, Episode 01-69.
In all honesty, I'm not sure. I've simply counted the difference myself from 99 onward for the International Version.

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:01 pm

The numbering will probably be revealed once DVDs come out, I guess. In general, I would think that the different title means the numbering starts from 0. Feel free to provide me with examples that disprove this, but for now, I'm going by this. :D

I certainly hope it numbers 1-69. That way, the wish in this thread can come through. :D
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =7&t=26382
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:18 pm

Off topic a bit but does anyone have a rip for the next episode preview music? It's just so catchy.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:17 pm

Did Animax and Kai :D Feel free to add more

TheKingOfKamehamehas
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheKingOfKamehamehas » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:21 pm

Suprisingly, the cropping actually looks pretty good.
JacobYBM wrote:Art is subjective but boobies are forever.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:36 pm

TheKingOfKamehamehas wrote:Suprisingly, the cropping actually looks pretty good.
Yeah, unlike FUNimation's cropping Toei actually does a very decent job without losing too much or too very important details outta the picture.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:28 pm

Wow that was a great episode, and the way that they handled the super saiyian 3 transformation scene was perfect. The music used for this scene sounded way better then the original Japanese version of Z and the ocean dub.