Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:34 am

Mjb1985 wrote:Because I like talking about power relation.
I try as much as I can to simply base the numbers around the story, rather than make numbers and come up with ways to justify them within the story. That's why I've been saying I don't think Gotenks' SS3 boost is all that big. In terms of power relation, the manga was pretty clear that Super Buu could tank base Gotenks but not Super Saiyan Gotenks. I can't really see Super Saiyan Gotenks being multi-folds weaker than Super Buu based purely on their fights.

This is part of a trend I've been noticing: BOG, the Daizenshuu, and a few choice manga quotes don't really imply that Super Buu, Gotenks, and Gohan are as strong as a lot of people think. Strong enough to make Goku their bitch? Of course. But multifolds above him?...no, that doesn't seem to be what the story suggests. Supplemental material also basically indirectly states that Super Buu isn't a complete god to Kid Buu.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Son Edo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Edo » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:49 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Mjb1985 wrote:Because I like talking about power relation.
I try as much as I can to simply base the numbers around the story, rather than make numbers and come up with ways to justify them within the story. That's why I've been saying I don't think Gotenks' SS3 boost is all that big. In terms of power relation, the manga was pretty clear that Super Buu could tank base Gotenks but not Super Saiyan Gotenks. I can't really see Super Saiyan Gotenks being multi-folds weaker than Super Buu based purely on their fights.

This is part of a trend I've been noticing: BOG, the Daizenshuu, and a few choice manga quotes don't really imply that Super Buu, Gotenks, and Gohan are as strong as a lot of people think. Strong enough to make Goku their bitch? Of course. But multifolds above him?...no, that doesn't seem to be what the story suggests. Supplemental material also basically indirectly states that Super Buu isn't a complete god to Kid Buu.
I'm surprised you have Garlic Jr at Raditz's level.

Mjb1985
Advanced Regular

Post by Mjb1985 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:30 am

I don't think multi folds gaps makes you a complete god in the Buu Saga. I think the fighting style is much different here than any other saga. Freeza Saga styled gaps are definitely not implied here imo.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:46 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:This is part of a trend I've been noticing: BOG, the Daizenshuu, and a few choice manga quotes don't really imply that Super Buu, Gotenks, and Gohan are as strong as a lot of people think. Strong enough to make Goku their bitch? Of course. But multifolds above him?...no, that doesn't seem to be what the story suggests. Supplemental material also basically indirectly states that Super Buu isn't a complete god to Kid Buu.
Sometimes I wonder if my ideas and stances on these things are as against-the-grain as people often criticize them for, or if I'm just avant-garde. 8)
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:59 pm

I have him much weaker. Just still strong enough to beat up Goku and Piccolo.
Mjb1985 wrote:I don't think multi folds gaps makes you a complete god in the Buu Saga. I think the fighting style is much different here than any other saga. Freeza Saga styled gaps are definitely not implied here imo.
Huh? Where do you get that? Multi-fold gaps making you a god isn't contradicted and comes up several times.
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Son Edo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Edo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:29 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Jr midget - 350

Jr Big - 490

Jr couldn't touch Goku or Piccolo once they got serious.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:50 am

Son Edo wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
Jr midget - 350

Jr Big - 490

Jr couldn't touch Goku or Piccolo once they got serious.
Only when they teamed up. I have Goku and Piccolo at around 900 each anyway, due to using that Weekly Jump issue for my pre-Z levels, so Jr being about as strong as a Saibaman is fine for me. He's still far below Raditz.
Sometimes I wonder if my ideas and stances on these things are as against-the-grain as people often criticize them for, or if I'm just avant-garde. 8)
I will never ever see SS Gotenks < Fat Buu as a reality, but I may just give Gotenks a smaller multiplier. Like x1.5 off of SS, for SS3. Same goes for all fusions; I've been experimenting and that'd make a hypothetical SS3 Gogeta 'only' four times stronger than SS3 Goku, by the boosts I use. Which is still a lot, I guess. That seems to be what the whole fight with Super Buu implied, IMO. Gotenks was much weaker, but he could still dodge Buu and hurt him with physical attacks, while Buu was just outright tanking base Gotenks. Maybe that'd make the SS3 boost too small for Gotenks, just in terms of being a big power up, but I justify that with "fusions have more dormant power on the surface than normals".
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:22 pm

Hey Ranadom you don't have Genki-Dama absorbed Goku on your list?
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:13 am

dbzfan7 wrote:Hey Ranadom you don't have Genki-Dama absorbed Goku on your list?
Nope. Forgot about it. Didn't think it really mattered. Fix'd.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:42 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
You also use the Super KK multiplier but have Goku at over 900.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:07 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
You also use the Super KK multiplier but have Goku at over 900.
What?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:18 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
What?
You have Goku at 920. You can't have that when you have a Kamehameha multiplier of over 2x or else Goku's power level will go over 1840. 920 was what he got while using the KK. The suppressed level makes more sense.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:20 am

I go by the Weekly Jump issue that put 'em at 910 during the fight with Piccolo Jr, so assume he was suppressed when Raditz scouted him. It makes more sense when trying to work out pre-Raditz levels (yeah, I kind of disregarded the V-Jump ones here, but let's face it, they don't make a whole lot of sense). I don't have the Kamehameha amplifying at that time, hence why Piccolo was able to tank it.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:30 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:I go by the Weekly Jump issue that put 'em at 910 during the fight with Piccolo Jr, so assume he was suppressed when Raditz scouted him. It makes more sense when trying to work out pre-Raditz levels (yeah, I kind of disregarded the V-Jump ones here, but let's face it, they don't make a whole lot of sense). I don't have the Kamehameha amplifying at that time, hence why Piccolo was able to tank it.
But you have 910 as full power an Goku used a Kamehameha (x1.5) on your list. That would put him near Raditz. Wasn't this scene the introducer to attack multipliers.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:33 am

Meh. That's a common fan theory, that they were suppressed and their full power only became apparent when they were using attacks.

Is 910 for the Kamehameha? I thought that Weekly Jump just listed that as his power level when fighting Piccolo Jr?

Notice how the x1.5 multiplier is for a mastered Kamehameha. It got amplification later, it doesn't have it now.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:35 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:Meh. That's a common fan theory, that they were suppressed and their full power only became apparent when they were using attacks.

Is 910 for the Kamehameha? I thought that Weekly Jump just listed that as his power level when fighting Piccolo Jr?
it was 924 and rising when he fired a Kamehameha against Raditz.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:39 am

924 and rising? That's interesting. Guess I can give the Kamehameha tiny amplification at this time (Piccolo said the power of the technique improved drastically since the Saiyan Saga, hence the x1.5 multiplier) with 924 being his power level and "rising" being the amplification (x1.05?) from the attack. But my Dragon Ball levels are only half serious anyway, since they ignore the official ones (I'm a big official numbers supporter, but they don't make a whole lot of sense pre-Raditz). Mostly I just wanted to do them to see what I could come up with Weekly Jump's 910 as the upper ceiling, which suggests Raditz's scouter only read Goku's standing/resting ki; it gives more room to fit in the "many times stronger" power statements. Not all of them, though.
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:41 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:924 and rising? That's interesting. Guess I can give the Kamehameha tiny amplification at this time (Piccolo said the power of the technique improved drastically since the Saiyan Saga, hence the x1.5 multiplier) with 924 being his power level and "rising" being the amplification (x1.05?) from the attack. But my Dragon Ball levels are only half serious anyway, since they ignore the official ones (I'm a big official numbers supporter, but they don't make a whole lot of sense pre-Raditz). Mostly I just wanted to do them to see what I could come up with Weekly Jump's 910 as the upper ceiling; it gives more room to fit in the "many times stronger" power statements. Not all of them, though.
I took it from the compiled list on Kanzentai. Here

http://web.archive.org/web/201110101722 ... hp?id=list

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:48 am

Changed things around a bit. The weak Saiyan Saga Kamehameha has x1.05 amplification, bringing Goku from 924 to 970. Imperfect Cell uses the same amp, bringing him up from 232,000,000 to 243,000,000, justifying why Piccolo calls his technique not much to speak of.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:13 pm

I know Kanzenshuu's battle power guide lists Goku's Kamehameha as 924 and rising, but I feel that this is not technically correct. Raditz's statement is that it was rising and got to 924, but he never says it kept going. It's true that Goku spent more time in the air after that when Raditz took notice of Piccolo charging his slightly more powerful Makankosappo, but I guess I'm just trying to be politically correct.

I debated Chibi Mystic Gohan about this way back in the day and took the exact opposite side, but maybe he left his mark on me, eh? So while I believe that Goku's Kamehameha did surpass 924, I think it would be more correct to say "Son Goku, while charging the Kamehameha: 924" just like it says for Piccolo directly below. In fact, I think it's wrong to say "Goku, firing a Kamehameha: 924 and rising."