Fanmanga - another DBAF

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Re: Fanmanga - another DBAF

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun May 06, 2012 3:18 pm

And here is the blog of Dragon Ball AK: blog.livedoor.jp/dragonballak/

And here are samples of those two, for those interested.

Dragon Ball AK:

Sonogono's Dragon Ball:
Last edited by DBZGTKOSDH on Sun May 06, 2012 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

SuppaSaiyanNerd
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuppaSaiyanNerd » Sun May 06, 2012 3:22 pm

Necrosaber wrote:Heh, and in a twist of irony, the author of this manga drew of piece of fanart dedicated to Toyble's.
What "twist of irony"? It's not like they're rivals or anything.

Shoryuken
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shoryuken » Sun May 06, 2012 4:07 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote: Sonogono's Dragon Ball:
Just a minor correction, it seems that Sonogono isn't the name of the author, but rather the title Sonogo no Dragon Ball (その後のドラゴンボール) translating to something along the lines of "After Dragon Ball" also the image doesn't seem to be showing.
これはシグネチャではない
Personal blog - myriadleaves.eu

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun May 06, 2012 4:16 pm

Shoryuken wrote:the image doesn't seem to be showing.
Strange, I can see the image.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Necrosaber
Beyond Newbie

Post by Necrosaber » Sun May 06, 2012 11:05 pm

SuppaSaiyanNerd wrote:
Necrosaber wrote:Heh, and in a twist of irony, the author of this manga drew of piece of fanart dedicated to Toyble's.
What "twist of irony"? It's not like they're rivals or anything.
The fact that we were just going back and forth on which is better, then for him to post an image of homage.

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Mon May 07, 2012 6:26 am

Looks like toyble (!!!) commented this tribute:
1. toyble
2012年05月07日 17:56
応援イラストありがとうございます!

コメント頂いていたようで、
お返事せずにスイマセンでした。

今後も一緒にがんばってゆけたら幸いです。

ありがとうございました。

GOOGLE TRANSLATE:
Thank you for supporting illustrations!

Seems to have received comments,
I'm sorry without reply.

I hope you Yuke best together in the future.

Thank you.

DonieZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DonieZ » Mon May 07, 2012 12:31 pm

Hmm, I've skipped a lot of pages, so I'm not sure if it's been said already, but isn't making money off AT's work illegal? They are selling it and making money right? Seems pretty cheap and un-authentic to me, these people should go and draw their own work instead of writing terrible stories of SSJ5's and whatnot.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon May 07, 2012 12:48 pm

In Japan licensors tend to look the other way unless the project becomes a big success. Selling a few magazines at a con or even online isn't bound to make the creator a whole lot of dough.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon May 07, 2012 1:47 pm

DonieZ wrote:Hmm, I've skipped a lot of pages, so I'm not sure if it's been said already, but isn't making money off AT's work illegal? They are selling it and making money right? Seems pretty cheap and un-authentic to me, these people should go and draw their own work instead of writing terrible stories of SSJ5's and whatnot.
Doujinshi are legal in Japan (I think).

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue May 08, 2012 7:32 am

It's tolerated more than anything else, I believe.

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Sun May 13, 2012 6:33 pm

Scarz wrote:Sorry, I'm done bashing these doujins. StarRot despite how I feel about these books, you're doing an awesome job scanning and sharing them with us and I think the forum can't give you enough thanks.
Xevious wrote:
StarRot despite how I feel about these books, you're doing an awesome job scanning and sharing them with us and I think the forum can't give you enough thanks.
Totally agree with you ^^
Thank you for the kind words.
Ah, I guess I should explain why I haven't scanned any more pages yet?
Well, I have a chronic pain disorder, and I've been having flare ups recently, so even seemingly simple things like scanning is quite painful.
I've very, very, very sorry for the dely.
I will try and get the scans done tomorrow.

tomac66
Beyond Newbie

Post by tomac66 » Mon May 14, 2012 4:14 am

Don't worry, the first thing is health.

elyas11
Not-So-Newbie

Post by elyas11 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:38 am

Take it easy, get well first.. :)

oldboy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by oldboy88 » Tue May 15, 2012 3:25 pm

tomac66 wrote:Don't worry, the first thing is health.
thats it ;)
get well soon!

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Sat May 19, 2012 6:52 pm

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Sat May 19, 2012 7:08 pm

The link doesn't seem to work for me. "502 Bad Gateway" :s
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Sat May 19, 2012 7:15 pm

That's weird ... it's showing up for me ...
Ugh, I don't really have time to upload it again tonight, though, but I can do it tomorrow, I guess.

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Sat May 19, 2012 7:16 pm

There it goes now. Neeeever mind. :oops:
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Sat May 19, 2012 7:19 pm

S'okay!
Least it's working.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat May 19, 2012 7:23 pm

If I may pull a desire, could I suggest using DropBox, StarRot? It's free and easy to use and you can store quite a bit for free. This way we don't have to play musical chairs with hosting sites. :P
Last edited by JulieYBM on Sat May 19, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️