Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emperior
I Live Here

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by emperior » Mon May 01, 2017 3:28 pm

DanielSSJ wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:Some people may disconsider other might others might embrace it, but what multiplier would you give to Mystic/Ultimate?
Given that "Ultimate" Gohan is just all of Gohan's dormant power brought to the surface, I see no reason why there should be a static power boost. Functionally, Gohan got about 3,000 times stronger than normal, based on my numbers (subject to change).

As far as Super portraying it as a separate form, I just ignore that. The way the manga portrayed it, it was just a permanent change to his base form, and that's how I treat it.
Why ignore Super? It doesn't contradict the manga. It just expands on Gohan's ultimate form and Toriyama himself designed Gohan to have lost it in RoF (hence the eyes being back to normal)
Now Gohan's eyes are back to being fully outlined and it also seems like he won't have to power-up to his full potential again as we saw him in his ultimate state when he was with Piccolo at night during the end of episode 88.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon May 01, 2017 5:00 pm

DanielSSJ wrote:
GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:Which gap should be greater: Initial Semi Perfect Cell at Android 16 or Initial Perfect Cell at SSJG2 Vegeta?
Probably the one between Semi-perfect Cell and No. 16. Perfect Cell smoked Vegeta, but he couldn't tank the Final Flash. While No. 16 didn't try to his Cell with any charged attacks, I doubt he would've gotten better results than Vegeta.
Well, 16 didn't have the chance to do a charged attack.

I have both gaps around the same.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue May 02, 2017 1:27 pm

emperior wrote:Why ignore Super? It doesn't contradict the manga. It just expands on Gohan's ultimate form and Toriyama himself designed Gohan to have lost it in RoF (hence the eyes being back to normal)
Why not man? People are free to choose either one or another, I enjoy this series a lot but I don't see as part of the main story tho
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue May 02, 2017 1:40 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
emperior wrote:Why ignore Super? It doesn't contradict the manga. It just expands on Gohan's ultimate form and Toriyama himself designed Gohan to have lost it in RoF (hence the eyes being back to normal)
Why not man? People are free to choose either one or another, I enjoy this series a lot but I don't see as part of the main story tho
He didn't say he ignores all of Super. He just ignores Super's version Gohan's potential unlock power-up even if it expands on what was shown in the manga (which never explained it deeply and left fans confused for decades)
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri May 05, 2017 4:36 pm

emperior wrote:
DanielSSJ wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:Some people may disconsider other might others might embrace it, but what multiplier would you give to Mystic/Ultimate?
Given that "Ultimate" Gohan is just all of Gohan's dormant power brought to the surface, I see no reason why there should be a static power boost. Functionally, Gohan got about 3,000 times stronger than normal, based on my numbers (subject to change).

As far as Super portraying it as a separate form, I just ignore that. The way the manga portrayed it, it was just a permanent change to his base form, and that's how I treat it.
Why ignore Super? It doesn't contradict the manga. It just expands on Gohan's ultimate form and Toriyama himself designed Gohan to have lost it in RoF (hence the eyes being back to normal)
Now Gohan's eyes are back to being fully outlined and it also seems like he won't have to power-up to his full potential again as we saw him in his ultimate state when he was with Piccolo at night during the end of episode 88.
Gohan's eyes were fully outlined for a while before 88 even aired, hence why quite a few people, myself included, already assumed he got Ultimate back off-screen.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun May 07, 2017 4:39 pm

Multipliers
Oozaru - 10x
Super Saiyan (SSJ) - 50x
Super Saiyan 2 (SSJ2) - 100x
Super Saiyan 3 (SSJ3) - 400x
Super Saiyan God (SSG) - 40,000x

Dragon Ball Minus

[spoiler]Jaco - 150
Bardock - 2,500
Gine - 1,000

Bardock (Last Stand) - 10,000[/spoiler]

Dragon Ball Z

Dragon Ball Super Power Levels

Last edited by emperior on Sun May 07, 2017 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun May 07, 2017 5:03 pm

emperior wrote:Multipliers
Oozaru - 10x
Super Saiyan (SSJ) - 50x
Super Saiyan 2 (SSJ2) - 100x
Super Saiyan 3 (SSJ3) - 400x
Super Saiyan God (SSG) - 40,000x

Dragon Ball Minus

[spoiler]Jaco - 150
Bardock - 2,500
Gine - 1,000

Bardock (Last Stand) - 10,000[/spoiler]

Dragon Ball Z

Dragon Ball Super Power Levels

- Why is Gohan's SSJ a two times power up? Nothing like that was implied.
- At least in Super, Final form Freeza isn't that far off SbG Goku. Even Goku himself admitted that he didn't know if he could beat Freeza without transforming.
- Botamo twice as strong as base Goku?
- Frost twice as strong as SSJ Goku?
- Magetta 4 times as strong as SSJ Vegeta?
- Hit was shown to be overpowered by non-Kaioken SSB Goku. He shouldn't be that strong.
- So you think Black was suppressed while fighting SSJ Goku? Interesting.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun May 07, 2017 5:15 pm

ZombieVito wrote: - Why is Gohan's SSJ a two times power up? Nothing like that was implied.
- At least in Super, Final form Freeza isn't that far off SbG Goku. Even Goku himself admitted that he didn't know if he could beat Freeza without transforming.
- Hit was shown to be overpowered by non-Kaioken SSB Goku. He shouldn't be that strong.
- It didn't seem like he got a major power-up in his fight against Lavenda when he transformed and he was supposed to be the strongest of the Z-Fighters before he even transformed in the RoF arc. EDIT: Would also explain why Basil was able to fight Buu and resist his attack and later on Goku noted Bergamo never used his own power in their fight, so it would make sense for Goku to fight with his base at first. They were smart in that case because they avoided possible power scaling issues just with that line from Goku. As for Gohan I just believe his base is that strong because he has leftover power from his ultimate state.
- You're right. I fixed it, thanks.
- Leftovers from old list, thanks for noticing I fixed it. I made him as strong as Goku.
- As above. I made him 2bil while SSJ Goku is 2.5bil. That would put his gap with Piccolo higher than his gap with Goku which would explain why Goku was sure there was no way for Piccolo to beat him.
- As above. Fixed it to make him only 2x SSJ Vegeta.
- Hit's power is strange and I suppose at the end of the battle he was just a little stronger than KKx2 Goku.
- He definetely was, as Trunks noted that in the future Black showed him more power than what he used against Goku. Though the power level of 100bil I listed there is a leftover from my old list. I now made him 25bil while SSJ3 Goku is 20bil. Trunks noted that maybe Black was a little stronger than SSJ3 Goku after their sparring, though maybe I should just make him 21bil as a 5bil gap is too much.

Thanks for the feedback!
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun May 07, 2017 5:23 pm

emperior wrote:
ZombieVito wrote: - Why is Gohan's SSJ a two times power up? Nothing like that was implied.
- It didn't seem like he got a major power-up in his fight against Lavenda when he transformed and he was supposed to be the strongest of the Z-Fighters before he even transformed in the RoF arc.
- Leftovers from old list, thanks for noticing I fixed it. I made him as strong as Goku.
- As above. I made him 2bil while SSJ Goku is 2.5bil. That would put his gap with Piccolo higher than his gap with Goku which would explain why Goku was sure there was no way for Piccolo to beat him.
- Hit's power is strange and I suppose at the end of the battle he was just a little stronger than KKx2 Goku.
- He definetely was, as Trunks noted that in the future Black showed him more power than what he used against Goku. Though the power level of 100bil I listed there is a leftover from my old list. I now made him 25bil while SSJ3 Goku is 20bil. Trunks noted that maybe Black was a little stronger than SSJ3 Goku after their sparring, though maybe I should just make him 21bil as a 5bil gap is too much.

Thanks for the feedback!
- Gohan was poisoned and getting weaker though. In the preview for episode 90 he's also shown fighting base Goku on par. He was not Ultimate in that scene.
- I still think Magetta is way too high. I never got the impression he was stronger than Vegeta, just way more durable.
- Hit doesn't increase his power when his Time-Skip improves. In episode 40 KKx2 SSB Goku almost beats him in one punch.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun May 07, 2017 5:34 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
emperior wrote:
- It didn't seem like he got a major power-up in his fight against Lavenda when he transformed and he was supposed to be the strongest of the Z-Fighters before he even transformed in the RoF arc.

Thanks for the feedback!
- Gohan was poisoned and getting weaker though. In the preview for episode 90 he's also shown fighting base Goku on par. He was not Ultimate in that scene.
- I still think Magetta is way too high. I never got the impression he was stronger than Vegeta, just way more durable.
- Hit doesn't increase his power when his Time-Skip improves. In episode 40 KKx2 SSB Goku almost beats him in one punch.
- You are right. I will change Gohan's and Trio de Dangers' power then.
- You are right here too, I will make Magetta as strong as Vegeta.
- I will adjust Hit's power too, thanks!
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun May 07, 2017 6:23 pm

If during the Buu saga...

Super Saiyan Gotenks = 10

Super Saiyan 2 Gotenks = 20

Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks = 80

Then what would Super Saiyan 3 Goku be at?

VegetaSSJBlue
Beyond Newbie

Post by VegetaSSJBlue » Sun May 07, 2017 6:44 pm

Bullza wrote:If during the Buu saga...

Super Saiyan 3 Goku = 0.16

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Sun May 07, 2017 7:29 pm

For a while now I considered Gotenks to be at around Fat Boo's level of power as a Super Saiyan or at half of SS3 Goku. Recently I've been considering the idea that Gotenks is just unfulfilled hype and he can't really accomplish anything outside of Super Saiyan 3. I'm slowly but surely redoing my power levels, and I have no idea whether or not I'll actually go through with this or not.
By my old numbers, SS3 Goku would've been a 20 on this list, but with this new scale that I'm considering, he'd be somewhere between 40 and 60.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon May 08, 2017 12:01 am

*Checks list.

I have him at 20.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon May 08, 2017 2:02 am

I think Gotenks was a "work in progress" of sorts before his RoSaT session, after which he was finally a match for Fat Boo with SS1 and obviously much stronger with SS2 and SS3. So that said, on this scale SS3 Goku would be about a 20, and Fat Boo would be about a 10.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon May 08, 2017 4:38 pm

So you two other think Super Saiyan 3 Goku is stronger than Super Saiyan Gotenks then. I see some who have him above and then some who have him below, there's not much to go on with it.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:01 pm

I would put SSJ3 Goku a 18, or basically rounding up to 20. That fits well with SSJ3 Goku being useless against Super Buu, who is around the strenght of Super Buu, nearly a 4 times of difference between SSJ3 Goku and SSJ3 Gotenks/Super Buu, with dimensions apart, Goku is obviously afraid to fight Super Buu.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Mon May 08, 2017 5:37 pm

Bullza wrote:So you two other think Super Saiyan 3 Goku is stronger than Super Saiyan Gotenks then. I see some who have him above and then some who have him below, there's not much to go on with it.
To be fair, there's not a lot of concrete information to go off. There's a lot of glowing compliments to Gotenks' strength, but almost no direct comparisons. And except for when he goes Super Saiyan 3, he accomplishes next to nothing in battle. You could take everything at face value and say that he surpassed Goku in his regular Super Saiyan form, or you could say that Gotenks is unfulfilled hype without Super Saiyan 3. Whatever works for you.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:05 pm

:problem:

SSJ Gotenks Pre was confident on taking Buu and it was never denied, while suppressed SSJ3 Goku couldn't finish him. Gotenks goes on Rosat because he's too weak for Super Buu, but after he trains on Rosat Piccolo states they "might have a chance", and that's even before he discovers Gotenks can go SSJ. So SSJ3 Goku isn't even 1, and this is using a lower multiplier to SSJ Gotenks.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

VegetaSSJBlue
Beyond Newbie

Post by VegetaSSJBlue » Mon May 08, 2017 8:38 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote::problem:

SSJ Gotenks Pre was confident on taking Buu and it was never denied, while suppressed SSJ3 Goku couldn't finish him. Gotenks goes on Rosat because he's too weak for Super Buu, but after he trains on Rosat Piccolo states they "might have a chance", and that's even before he discovers Gotenks can go SSJ. So SSJ3 Goku isn't even 1, and this is using a lower multiplier to SSJ Gotenks.[/quote]

:clap: :clap: :clap: