Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:29 am

silverstorm_nuce wrote:Official Power Levels
Fusion and Potara

Char A and Char B; A > B

Fusion = B x 2 x 15
Potara = (A + B) x 50 (Only Vegetto)
SSJ1 = Base Form x 50
SSJ2 = SSJ1 X 2
SSJ3 = SSJ2 X 3
SSJ3 Full Power = SSJ2 X 4
Nice, it's nice to have some images to make it easier to take in all those numbers.

Dragon Ball: You ignore a lot of official battle powers like beginning of DB Goku 22nd TB Goku and Tenshinhan and you have Fangs weaker than Invisible Man, when Baba claimed her fighters got progressively stronger, so Fangs should be the weakest.
I agree with the idea, that Goku with Ozaru fist is even stronger than Popo and Kami, since it goes well with Popo's statement, that Goku has a lot of power, but isn't using it properly or whatever it was he said.

Tenshinhan claims 23rd TB Goku is much stronger than he was 3 years ago, but here you have weighted Goku a good deal below that. I've myself gone and back and forth on this quote, because I'm not sure, if the idea is Goku is a lot stronger, than when he fought Ten or when he fought Piccolo.
Logically it makes sense, that Tenshinhan would have a better idea of figuring out Goku's strength by fighting him and comparing him to their last fight, rather than the fight against Piccolo, because Tenshinhan experienced Goku's power himself in their fight as opposed to being a witness against Piccolo, where he had trouble keeping up with Pic's and Goku's speed.
I don't know why you didn't just go with Chi Chi's official battle power of 130.

Dragon Ball Z: I personally believe Ozaru Gohan should be 13,070+
Can't say I have much of a problem with you going against Raditz' official battle power of 1,500 and Nappa's battle power of 4,000, but I'm surprised you stuck with Piccolo at 3,500.
Goku doubles his battle power in normal Kaio-ken. This is stated by the narrator, so there's no need for the 1.5x Kaio-ken.
Dodoria and Zarbon are officially at 22,000 and 23,000 respectively. I don't see the need to change that.

You have base Android Arc Goku at 6,000,000, when he attacks Dr. Gero.. Do you believe that SS Goku(that would be 300,000,000 healthy) was actually decently stronger than SS Vegeta(250,000,000) or is Goku just having a minor rage boost there?
I don't know if it's on purpose, but you didn't list Super Trunks as he was, when he powered up to his limits against Cell unless the colored pic of Super Trunks(920,000,000) is supposed to represent that, which would make it a bit wrong, given that everyone is in agreement Trunks surpassed Cell's power(980,000,000).

I like the idea, that the full 4x multiplier is Goku's full power, that he didn't get to use against Kid Buu. Same with Gotenks, which I initially assumed was a mistake, until I saw the last part of your post.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:16 am

Fusion and Potara

Char A and Char B; A > B

Fusion = B x 2 x 15
SSJ1 = Base Form x 50
SSJ2 = SSJ1 X 2
SSJ3 = SSJ2 X 3
I only looked at the Boo arc mostly, and two things:

1. I feel Goten and Trunks are waaay to low. Goten made Gohan flare his aura,sweat, and grit his teeth in a sparring match, and forced him into the air. If Gohan was massively stronger he would've blocked every hit effortlessly.

2. Gotenks is also very low. Goku said Gotenks would be stronger than him and be able to beat Fat Boo, and it was never contradicted. So you could raise the kids or the fusion multiplier or something

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:26 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:This was before they fought the androids.
The manga seems to imply the opposite. Piccolo wasn't exactly sure.
Also Trunks went from below Yardrat Goku to being grouped with Android arc Vegeta. Ridiculous to say he didn't change at all.
I'm not saying he didn't power-up, but none said he had any noticeable difference.
Boo has regeneration and infinite stamina.
These sure are neat skills, but how they should lead one to think it's impossible to beat Boo on equal terms? Weren't Goku and Gotenks pretty much equal to the respective Boos they have fought?

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:28 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:The manga seems to imply the opposite. Piccolo wasn't exactly sure.
He just blatantly said he doesn't lack confidence.
These sure are neat skills, but how they should lead one to think it's impossible to beat Boo on equal terms? Weren't Goku and Gotenks pretty much equal to the respective Boos they have fought?
Yeah, and both of them failed to finish Boo off.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:38 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:He just blatantly said he doesn't lack confidence.
Basically, I think he is saying it's not like he knows he can't beat a cyborg, but it is also that he is not sure he can.
Yeah, and both of them failed to finish Boo off.
Just because they failed it doesn't mean it is impossible. Both were confident they could accomplish the task, but they both had temporarily powers.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:56 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:Basically, I think he is saying it's not like he knows he can't beat a cyborg, but it is also that he is not sure he can.
Or he's just saying he's confident he's strong enough to take them on but is worried about something else. It could just be foreshadowing.
Just because they failed it doesn't mean it is impossible. Both were confident they could accomplish the task, but they both had temporarily powers
It's pretty much almost impossible. Boo never runs out of energy, while the person fighting him does, and you can't hurt Boo, while he can hurt you. And whatever you hit him with he'll just regenerate whatever he's missing.

Not flat out impossible but quite the uphill battle

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:41 pm

Fusion and Potara

Char A and Char B; A > B

Fusion = B x 2 x 15
SSJ1 = Base Form x 50
SSJ2 = SSJ1 X 2
SSJ3 = SSJ2 X 3
While I disagree with almost everything I have to give you credit for the format. That's some nice way to present them.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:14 am

I'm in the same boat as Zombie. That's a great format. But the actual numbers... eh...

So, I'm bringing up that old "SS or SS2" debate again, because I think there's been another nail in the coffin. I've heard other people claiming this, but I can't verify it for myself at the moment. Did the Kai edit of the anime really add sparks to Gohan while he was lifting the Z-sword, and possibly elsewhere?

-Android arc Piccolo is too low, he should be > Yardrat Goku. He was confident in taking on a power that he thought could slaughter Mecha arc Trunks.

-You have a huge gap between Goten/Gohan. I couldn't see Gohan effortlessly stomping him, and no way he would struggle if Goten was like 55% of Gohan. 85% of Gohan and up is appropriate.

-Still disagree with the Goku/Fat Boo gap, but agree to disagree I guess.

-I think pre-RoSaT Gotenks should have more than 1.28x Fat Boo, maybe like 1.4x. It's impossible to beat Boo at equal levels and for Goku/Piccolo to be confident in Gotenks' power, he should have a noticeable lead.

-Gohan-Boo < SSJ 3 Gogeta ?

-It seems unnecessary to have base Vegetto 2x Gohan-Boo, I don't see a reason for him to transform if he can already stomp Boo in base.
-Since Piccolo never actually says he's confident in taking on that power in the manga, and in fact he acts the exact opposite of confident when it comes time to actually fight the androids, I don't buy that he has to be stronger than Yardrat Goku. Or even Freeza.

-Perhaps. As long as it's less than x2 I don't care much about specifics. I'll consider changing it, though I probably wouldn't go any higher than 75%.

-That mostly comes from Goku tanking Fat Buu's punch to the face. As well as the implication of Fat Buu's energy meter.

-He very nearly killed Super Buu, and not only was the gap in that case less than the SS Gotenks/Fat Buu gap (x1.20 vs x1.28), he also had the disadvantage of fighting a crafty opponent in a form that completely drains stamina. Against Fat Buu as a MSS with a huge edge, I don't see a reason why Gotenks couldn't beat him like Goku said.

-That's just how it scaled for me. I tend not to care much about specific percentages as long as it ends up in a certain range. My range for SS3 Gogeta is anywhere between 80% and 110% of Buuhan. Even at a slight power advantage, Buu could still beat SS3 Gogeta with relative ease thanks to his huge variety of advantages, mainly his stamina.

-Notice how I didn't actually list base Vegetto? SS Vegetto scaled to that level because of the Potara formula I use, but I'm not sure if the proportional difference between base and SS in Potara should be the same as the proportional difference between base and SS in Fusion. I'm assuming not, and that's actually more like a x5 boost or something.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:48 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:So, I'm bringing up that old "SS or SS2" debate again, because I think there's been another nail in the coffin. I've heard other people claiming this, but I can't verify it for myself at the moment. Did the Kai edit of the anime really add sparks to Gohan while he was lifting the Z-sword, and possibly elsewhere?
I'm pretty sure the sparks were present in the original Z.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:21 pm

Last edited by SSJ2FutureGohan on Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:51 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:So, I'm bringing up that old "SS or SS2" debate again, because I think there's been another nail in the coffin. I've heard other people claiming this, but I can't verify it for myself at the moment. Did the Kai edit of the anime really add sparks to Gohan while he was lifting the Z-sword, and possibly elsewhere?
I'm pretty sure the sparks were present in the original Z.
Just checked, they are in Z as well.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:35 pm

Toei always did whatever the heck they wanted with the sparks and other like special effects anyway. Apparently nobody had the foresight to look and say, "hey, Toriyama's drawing these Super Saiyan forms each in a pretty uniform and easily identifiable way. Maybe WE should try to preserve that same consistency."
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:38 am

Out of curiosity, where do people here put GT Pan?
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:11 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Out of curiosity, where do people here put GT Pan?
Super No.17 Arc
  • Stronger than Dr. Gero. I generally have Pan, [base] Goten and [base] Trunks bearing [Pre-RoSaT] Super Saiyan's level. At least, [base] Trunks barely escaped from No.17, who was about as strong as [base] Vegeta.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:15 am

Above Gohan-Buu for most of GT

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:24 am

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:
Above Gohan-Buu for most of GT
WHAT?!
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:43 am

Maybe not most, but a good amount of the later portion.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:55 am

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Maybe not most, but a good amount of the later portion.
What makes you think that?

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:58 am

Her knocking down Rild (wasn't a surprise attack) who's stronger than Gohan-Buu (imo). Her being useful enough to give energy to SSJ 4 Goku, her tooling around someone who was giving Goku trouble etc. She also has a lot of other feats. And it's GT, so everyone is at least much stronger than Good Buu by virtue of being in that show.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:13 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Her knocking down Rild (wasn't a surprise attack) who's stronger than Gohan-Buu (imo). Her being useful enough to give energy to SSJ 4 Goku, her tooling around someone who was giving Goku trouble etc. She also has a lot of other feats. And it's GT, so everyone is at least much stronger than Good Buu by virtue of being in that show.
It wasn't a surprise attack, but Rild let her hit him, and underestimated. It turned out that she didn't do any damage to him at all.

What other feats does she have that place her above Boo?