Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:43 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:Something I've been meaning to bring up- is it just me, or did Good Buu's head tentacle get longer after he got stronger?
This is actually a nice catch.

I wonder. The antenna of Slim Boo is shorter than Buutenks so would that mean he's weaker than him then?
If they're being consistent, yes. I don't think his resemblance to "Super Buu" is a coincidence either.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:32 am

ekrolo2 wrote:It also reiterates the fact Super Boo > Kid Boo ;)
The fact that the anime f***** that up is so infuriating, because now we have a significant part of the fandom that is under the impression Kid Boo > Super Boo. Obviously Super is the strongest iteration of Boo.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:27 pm

ZombieVito wrote: No. As Daizenshuu confirmed and Super reconfirmed again, Dabura is Super Saiyan 2 tier.

Dabura: 5,000

Gohan: 56
- Super Saiyan: 2,800
- Super Saiyan 2: 5,600

Goku/Vegeta: 75
- Super Saiyan: 3,750
- Super Saiyan 2: 7,500

Future Trunks (Super flashback): 70
- Super Saiyan: 3,500
- Super Saiyan 2: 7,000
Dabra called SSJ Majin Vegeta the perfect fighter to collect energy, plus Goku agreed with Vegeta's claim of Dabra being trash without knowing he can go SSJ2. So no matter what form you think Gohan used, he's definitely below SSJ Goku and Vegeta (This makes more likely that he was a SSJ though, unless you think SSJ Vegeta > SSJ2 Gohan).
RandomGuy96 wrote:If they're being consistent, yes. I don't think his resemblance to "Super Buu" is a coincidence either.
I doubt that Toei would actually bother with this. I mean, they didn't even bother to give Pure Boo a bigger tentacle.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:11 pm

Of course Vegeta is better than Dabura at stealing energy since he's friends with Goku and Gohan. They will hesitate to fight him giving him more of a chance to inflict damage.

Dabura also knows Babidi will unlock Vegeta's potential.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:47 pm

Irrelevant. Dabra knows exactly how strong Gohan is, and if Vegeta is far weaker than him he's gonna get blitzed and KO'd pretty fast.

Vegeta having his potential unlocked is also taken into account here. Babidi is pretty sure SSJ Vegeta can wipe out everyone who gets on his way:

Plus Vegeta after having his dormant power unlocked was as strong as Goku, who you also have weaker than Dabra.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:50 pm

I'm sorry but your interpretations are irrelevant against official info. Dabura fought SS2 Gohan and beat a Z Sword trained SS Trunks.

Also I don't know why you give Dabura's word any merit since he can't sense Ki.

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:00 pm

Vegeta was the perfect fighter because he would fight the others and gain the energy they needed with no real risk to Dabura or Babidi.

And Dabura doesn't need to sense ki to come to the conclusion that Vegeta is stronger than Gohan. He could easily conclude that based on Vegeta trash talking him and Gohan.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:34 pm

ZombieVito wrote:I'm sorry but your interpretations are irrelevant against official info. Dabura fought SS2 Gohan and beat a Z Sword trained SS Trunks.

Gohan being a SSJ2 and Future Dabra (Who's probably even stronger than his present self given how this is Post Z Sword Trunks) defeating SSJ Trunks doesn't change the fact he admited inferiority to SSJ Vegeta.

Actually, he can... And so can Babidi:
Chapter: 447 (DBZ 253), P11.1-3
Context: talking about how Yamu and Spopovitch were followed by Goku and co.
Dabra: “Seems they’re trying to hide from us…In total…there are 7. We can’t use Kaioshin and Kibito’s energy…But 3 of them seem to have marvelous energy…”
Babidi: “Looks like it. It seems that we’ll get more than enough energy from just those 3…Kuhihihi…To think that we’d be able to revive Majin Boo so quickly…”

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:Vegeta was the perfect fighter because he would fight the others and gain the energy they needed with no real risk to Dabura or Babidi.

And Dabura doesn't need to sense ki to come to the conclusion that Vegeta is stronger than Gohan. He could easily conclude that based on Vegeta trash talking him and Gohan.
Except that it's 2x1 and if he's weaker than Dabra then Gohan by himself would wreck him.

And Dabra didn't pay attention on Vegeta until he started yelling about how he wants to fight Goku. Even if that were true he and Babidi didn't question Vegeta's statements upon seeing him as a SSJ.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:29 pm

Which villains are slightly more powerful than 1/3rd of Buu Saga SSJ Goku? Based off your estimates.

How many times more powerful was SSJ Vegeta during the 25th WMAT compared to his ASSJ Post-1st day ROSAT self? Pre-Majin of course.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:50 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:
ZombieVito wrote:I'm sorry but your interpretations are irrelevant against official info. Dabura fought SS2 Gohan and beat a Z Sword trained SS Trunks.

Gohan being a SSJ2 and Future Dabra (Who's probably even stronger than his present self given how this is Post Z Sword Trunks) defeating SSJ Trunks doesn't change the fact he admited inferiority to SSJ Vegeta.

Dabra: “Seems they’re trying to hide from us…In total…there are 7. We can’t use Kaioshin and Kibito’s energy…But 3 of them seem to have marvelous energy…”
Babidi: “Looks like it. It seems that we’ll get more than enough energy from just those 3…Kuhihihi…To think that we’d be able to revive Majin Boo so quickly…”

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:Vegeta was the perfect fighter because he would fight the others and gain the energy they needed with no real risk to Dabura or Babidi.

Except that it's 2x1 and if he's weaker than Dabra then Gohan by himself would wreck him.

And Dabra didn't pay attention on Vegeta until he started yelling about how he wants to fight Goku. Even if that were true he and Babidi didn't question Vegeta's statements upon seeing him as a SSJ.
No. They can't.

When Boo powers up in front of them, Dabura didnt feel or sense anything while Gohan was having a heart attack at Boo's power up.

Also BoG confirms Piccolo >> Base Saiyans so what ever Dabura and Babidi were doing on the cliffs, it wasn't reading Ki.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:12 pm

Angelus wrote:Which villains are slightly more powerful than 1/3rd of Buu Saga SSJ Goku? Based off your estimates.

How many times more powerful was SSJ Vegeta during the 25th WMAT compared to his ASSJ Post-1st day ROSAT self? Pre-Majin of course.
Quoting you so you hopefully get the notification... I merged your two threads here into the Fan-Made Power Levels thread. Questions like the ones you're asking here are based entirely on people's own self-crafted figures, and belong here more so than as standalone topics in the In-Universe section.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:50 pm

Wasn't Vegeta confident that he could beat Dabura though even before he became a Super Saiyan 2?

They couldn't have been referring to Super Saiyan 2 when they mentioned they could beat him because they were surprised when they could go Super Saiyan 2.

But then yeah the Super manga has Dabura above Super Saiyan Trunks who you could argue was above Super Saiyan Goku.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:51 pm

Kaboom wrote:Quoting you so you hopefully get the notification... I merged your two threads here into the Fan-Made Power Levels thread. Questions like the ones you're asking here are based entirely on people's own self-crafted figures, and belong here more so than as standalone topics in the In-Universe section.
Oh, no problem!

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:34 pm

Bullza wrote:Wasn't Vegeta confident that he could beat Dabura though even before he became a Super Saiyan 2?

They couldn't have been referring to Super Saiyan 2 when they mentioned they could beat him because they were surprised when they could go Super Saiyan 2.

But then yeah the Super manga has Dabura above Super Saiyan Trunks who you could argue was above Super Saiyan Goku.
Also Dabura held his own against SS2 Gohan.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:22 am

ZombieVito wrote:Also Dabura held his own against SS2 Gohan.
Well that's if it was meant to be Super Saiyan 2.

The confusion is that in the manga Vegeta said they could have easily have handled Dabura and he said that before Goku fought Yakon and realised he'd become a Super Saiyan 2.

Which would naturally mean that Dabura was weaker than a Super Saiyan. Though they also said he was about as strong as Cell and he wasn't weaker than a Super Saiyan at his best.

On the other hand they said Super Saiyan Goku had a Kili of 3,000 and in the anime they said someone with a Kili of 4,000 couldn't beat Dabura. That fits with the Dragon Ball Super manga.

So does that mean that Goku and Vegeta really underestimated Dabura and when they said he was tougher than they thought then that was a bit of an understatement.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:59 am

Bullza wrote: Well that's if it was meant to be Super Saiyan 2.

The confusion is that in the manga Vegeta said they could have easily have handled Dabura and he said that before Goku fought Yakon and realised he'd become a Super Saiyan 2.

Which would naturally mean that Dabura was weaker than a Super Saiyan. Though they also said he was about as strong as Cell and he wasn't weaker than a Super Saiyan at his best.

On the other hand they said Super Saiyan Goku had a Kili of 3,000 and in the anime they said someone with a Kili of 4,000 couldn't beat Dabura. That fits with the Dragon Ball Super manga.

So does that mean that Goku and Vegeta really underestimated Dabura and when they said he was tougher than they thought then that was a bit of an understatement.
Thankfully Daizenshuu confirms it is SS2 Gohan.

The anime also uses SS2 Gohan.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:16 am

ZombieVito wrote: Thankfully Daizenshuu confirms it is SS2 Gohan.

Of course the Daizenshuu also says that Gohan only used SSj2 during volume 37, when the fight with Dabra took place in volume 38, which aligns with manga's art.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:40 am

DanielSSJ wrote:
ZombieVito wrote: Thankfully Daizenshuu confirms it is SS2 Gohan.

Of course the Daizenshuu also says that Gohan only used SSj2 during volume 37, when the fight with Dabra took place in volume 38, which aligns with manga's art.
It's never says that. Daizenshuu 2 did NOT state that he was a Super Saiyan 1. I am really tired of people constantly saying this when it's not the case. What Daizenshuu 2 did was imply that the form didn't appear after the tournament, which itself could be a mistake due to other errors in that section specifically relating to the "+".

It's probably worth noting that Chozenshuu 4 reprinted Dabra's bio which states both that his battle power is equal to Cell's and that he fought SS2 Gohan. Apparently no one found that objectionable when correcting errors. Pair that with the anime outright stating that he was a SS2 and the Super manga proving beyond all doubt that Dabra is at least around as strong as a weaker SS2 (he sustained a beating from SS2 Trunks with no visible damage and Trunks needed Kaioshin's help to win), one who should in all likelihood not be much weaker than pre-Majin SS2 Vegeta,* and the picture starts looking pretty clear.

*At the minimum, he fought Dabra a decent while after Future Cell, meaning well over 3 years after the androids. Right before leaving to kill the Androids, he was evenly matched with Vegeta at the Cell Games. He then trained non stop from then on by his own words. He should gain power at the same rate as his dad, or more likely faster, considering his base form is as strong as Goku's and Vegeta's even though he didn't have the Majin power-up of the latter.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:36 am

If he was a Super Saiyan 2 in the manga then why did he not have the sparks?

If Dabura is actually supposed to be as strong as Cell which they said and would actually make sense if they were referring to Super Perfect Cell then again why did Vegeta say he and Goku could have easily handled him when as far as they knew they were only capable of Super Saiyan?

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:50 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:

No. They can't.

When Boo powers up in front of them, Dabura didnt feel or sense anything while Gohan was having a heart attack at Boo's power up.

Also BoG confirms Piccolo >> Base Saiyans so what ever Dabura and Babidi were doing on the cliffs, it wasn't reading Ki.
That's also backed up by the fact they needed a kili machine to read power.