Dragon Ball memes!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PhoenixEX
Regular

Dragon Ball memes!

Post by PhoenixEX » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:08 am

Have any memes to share? aha I have some.

One World. 🌐 🕊

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball memes!

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:40 am

Do you mean Dragon Ball renditions of normal memes? I have to imagine so because if not you're missing over 9000 options. :wink:
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:44 am

I guess so anything DB meme related aha
One World. 🌐 🕊

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:34 am

Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Rockette

Post by Rockette » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:01 pm

A one hour workout is only 4% of your day. No excuses.

theawesomepossum777
Beyond Newbie

Post by theawesomepossum777 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:18 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:Advice Yamcha: http://www.thedragonballblog.blogspot.c ... tenka.html
It's actually pretty hilarious when you put all of that in retrospect. :lol:

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:34 am

Piccolo Daimao wrote:Advice Yamcha: http://www.thedragonballblog.blogspot.c ... tenka.html
I don't know who this Yamcha is but it sounds disappointing
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:16 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
I don't know who this Yamcha is but it sounds like Raditz.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:38 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:
I don't know who this Yamcha is but it sounds like Raditz.
Raditz is stronger than Yamcha because Yamcha got killed by something with the power equivalent of Raditz.

On-Topic:

Last edited by DBZAOTA482 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:26 pm

Rockette wrote:Image
Why is that funny? I laughed so hard to this :lol:
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Hades
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hades » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:20 am

That's so fitting for Chi-Chi. :lol:

I think Vegeta would probably be rageguy.
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
Scarz wrote:Like using a flamethrower to kill an ant.
Hey, a lv.100 Charizard vs a wild lv.4 Caterpie. It happens.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:19 am

Hades wrote:
That's so fitting for Chi-Chi. :lol:

I think Vegeta would probably be rageguy.
It's funny how you never see Vegeta and Chichi interact with each other, particularly during one of their several temper tantrums.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:45 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:It's funny how you never see Vegeta and Chichi interact with each other, particularly during one of their several temper tantrums.
Oh. My. God. Chichi and Vegeta really don't ever interact with eachother, do they?! Mind. Blown.
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:49 pm

Drabaz wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:It's funny how you never see Vegeta and Chichi interact with each other, particularly during one of their several temper tantrums.
Oh. My. God. Chichi and Vegeta really don't ever interact with eachother, do they?! Mind. Blown.
Are you being serious or are you taunting me? I know it's nothing new but it's interesting .
fadeddreams5 wrote:

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:36 pm

I'm pretty sure he's just surprised by the fact you provided.

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:42 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Drabaz wrote:
Are you being serious or are you taunting me? I know it's nothing new but it's interesting .
Haha no, I really am surprised. I never noticed that. I know sarcasm doesn't work online, so I never use it. ;)

And just so I don't go not contributing to the topic:

My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:40 am

As much as I find memes mildly annoying, I did find this funny.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:30 am

Insertclevername wrote:Image

As much as I find memes mildly annoying, I did find this funny.
This would make an interesting episode for the Wilkos Show.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:06 pm

Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Jodaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jodaku » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:35 pm

These tickle me: