Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:27 pm

Rubens wrote:I you watched the recent episode of Super you'll get it. And I kind of agree with it... :|
So, what about this?

Cauliflowa seemed to have pimples on her back or really bad moss growing out of her clothes, totally should have worked on focusing energy to not look so pathetic, but aside from that, there isn't much to complain about..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:29 pm

That Trunks' transformation isn't even in the manga...

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:09 am

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:16 pm

rereboy wrote:That Trunks' transformation isn't even in the manga...
I don't see what that has to do with it. From what I've noticed, the anime Trunks special is almost universally agreed on as being better than the manga chapter.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:18 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Rubens wrote:I you watched the recent episode of Super you'll get it. And I kind of agree with it... :|
So, what about this?

Cauliflowa seemed to have pimples on her back or really bad moss growing out of her clothes, totally should have worked on focusing energy to not look so pathetic, but aside from that, there isn't much to complain about..
Goten as Gokus son makes more sense transforming easily than some random girl. I like Caulifla but going by the NEP she already unlocks SSJ2 which is just dumb.

emi_b7
Beyond Newbie

Post by emi_b7 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:39 pm

:think: :think: :think:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:40 pm

emi_b7 wrote:Image
Any image can be transformed into another by adding or removing stuff..
If it's just minute differences then it's surprising
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:51 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
So, what about this?

Goten as Gokus son makes more sense transforming easily than some random girl. I like Caulifla but going by the NEP she already unlocks SSJ2 which is just dumb.
Well Cabba was supposed to be around base Vegeta's strength. So seems like the U6 Saiyans are very strong but just never figured out how to turn SS. Now that they know how and have seen it done its not that surprising that they can do it easily.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:28 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
So, what about this?

Being Goku's son didn't make Gohan's journey to becoming SSJ any easier. He went through all kinds of hellish training just to reach the foundation level of power needed to transform into SSJ. Goten pulls it off by training with Chi Chi, of all people, and by accident. And he did this before he even knew how to fly.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:31 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
I don't see what that has to do with it. From what I've noticed, the anime Trunks special is almost universally agreed on as being better than the manga chapter.
Exactly. The TV Special is superior in every way to that lousy chapter.

乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:48 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
emi_b7 wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I would call the differences between Goku and Kuririn to be minute details. If the only real differences are the lack of a nose, hair, and the whites in the eyes then I don't see how that's anything, but minute details.

emi_b7
Beyond Newbie

Post by emi_b7 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:15 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
emi_b7 wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Well, I think if you have another character just by changing the hair and the eye color it is kind of weird. I do agree with what you said though, most manga artist have 2-3 character designs and you can get most of their characters by just changing the eyes/hairstyle/whatever(like, say, One Piece were half the girls have Nami's face) I just thought that image, specially in gif form, was kind of cool, I wasn't trying to take anything away from Toriyama or anything.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:26 am

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:49 pm

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:21 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
The image says "this is how saiyans transform", as in stating a fact. But, factually, originally, how he transforms is not even he transformed in the anime. Sure, you can argue which one you prefer and which is more effective, but if we are going to frame it as how they did it originally like the image kind of does, then it becomes relevant to mention that originally that's not how he did it.

Perhaps you think that's nitpicking it, and maybe it is. Still, I thought it was worth mentioning since it makes the image less effective.
Last edited by rereboy on Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:37 pm

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:13 pm

Gog wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
What are they saying?

乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:23 am

DrakenballP
Beyond Newbie

Post by DrakenballP » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:39 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: So, what about this?

Being Goku's son didn't make Gohan's journey to becoming SSJ any easier. He went through all kinds of hellish training just to reach the foundation level of power needed to transform into SSJ. Goten pulls it off by training with Chi Chi, of all people, and by accident. And he did this before he even knew how to fly.
Goten received it because of heritage, and bloodline. You are born to someone who has been a Super Saiyan which will make it easier for you to become a Saiyan yourself, not the case with Gohan as Goku was not a Super Saiyan during his birth.

That being said, it also has ties hugely to emotion, which cannot be debated whatsoever. It was stated as so numerous times within DBZ, and DBS (even with Cabba being introduced) Kale and Cabba have shown two different emotions can cause you to reach Saiyan form.
"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!" - Goku.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:51 am