What If Goku Had a Daughter?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Streamer255

What If Goku Had a Daughter?

Post by Streamer255 » Mon May 04, 2015 1:54 pm

We know Goku has two sons, Gohan and Goten, and a granddaughter named Pan. But have you ever thought about what Dragon Ball Z would be like if Goku had a daughter? About a month, I discovered Son Chiyo, a character created by carpeomnios as Goku's daughter. She is the main protagonist of Warrior's Daughter, a story that is mostly a retelling of the Cell and Buu arcs of Dragon Ball Z. The first three chapters are set during the Saiyan and Frieza sagas. When I read the story, I felt like re-reading it because I couldn't get enough of how well Chiyo is written. There is also a manga version on deviantart, it's more of a redrawing of the android saga with Chiyo added in, and so far there are only four chapters drawn. I really like carpeomnios' version of what Goku's daughter would be like. There are more versions of Goku's daughters out there, but Chiyo stuck to me more. You should read Warrior's Daughter, it's a very good story. Also, your thoughts on what Goku's daughter would be like. How do you think the series would turn out to be if Akira Toriyama gave Goku a daughter?
The guy who gets excited and never shuts up!

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Re: What If Goku Had a Daughter?

Post by Marco Polo » Mon May 04, 2015 2:10 pm

Well, Pan was basically Goku's daughter in GT.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 04, 2015 2:13 pm

Well, Pan is practically the closest we will get to Goku having a daughter.

Streamer255

Post by Streamer255 » Mon May 04, 2015 2:37 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Well, Pan was basically Goku's daughter in GT.
I wouldn't count GT, but your right.
Lord Beerus wrote:Well, Pan is practically the closest we will get to Goku having a daughter.
True, but I still like the idea.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Mon May 04, 2015 3:21 pm

A DA artist I know named carpeominos actually did a fan-fic series called "Warrior's Daughter" with her FC Chiyo, the middle child (and only daughter) of Goku and Chi Chi. The fan-fic tells the original story from her point of view and it sticks incredibly close to canon (she used the manga as a source). Chiyo is actually a well made character who doesn't stand out from the rest of the cast. If anything, I consider this "what-if" a good interpretation of how the manga would have gone if Chiyo (or any daughter of Goku and Chi Chi) existed. It's also been through a lot of revisions and has a comic version in progress so it's well written and I greatly recommend reading it. You can find the entire fan-fic and other goodies on her DA page here. http://carpeomnios.deviantart.com/

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon May 04, 2015 3:34 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:A DA artist I know named carpeominos actually did a fan-fic series called "Warrior's Daughter" with her FC Chiyo, the middle child (and only daughter) of Goku and Chi Chi. The fan-fic tells the original story from her point of view and it sticks incredibly close to canon (she used the manga as a source). Chiyo is actually a well made character who doesn't stand out from the rest of the cast. If anything, I consider this "what-if" a good interpretation of how the manga would have gone if Chiyo (or any daughter of Goku and Chi Chi) existed. It's also been through a lot of revisions and has a comic version in progress so it's well written and I greatly recommend reading it. You can find the entire fan-fic and other goodies on her DA page here. http://carpeomnios.deviantart.com/
You could at least have read the first post of the thread.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Mon May 04, 2015 3:38 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote:A DA artist I know named carpeominos actually did a fan-fic series called "Warrior's Daughter" with her FC Chiyo, the middle child (and only daughter) of Goku and Chi Chi. The fan-fic tells the original story from her point of view and it sticks incredibly close to canon (she used the manga as a source). Chiyo is actually a well made character who doesn't stand out from the rest of the cast. If anything, I consider this "what-if" a good interpretation of how the manga would have gone if Chiyo (or any daughter of Goku and Chi Chi) existed. It's also been through a lot of revisions and has a comic version in progress so it's well written and I greatly recommend reading it. You can find the entire fan-fic and other goodies on her DA page here. http://carpeomnios.deviantart.com/
Oh. My bad. :P

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon May 04, 2015 3:41 pm

At least I guess it means this fic is really worth checking out :P

Streamer255

Post by Streamer255 » Mon May 04, 2015 3:46 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:
Oh. My bad. :P
It's okay, you're way better at explaining this than I am. :)

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon May 04, 2015 7:28 pm

Depending if she replaces Gohan or Goten...

Pre-Boo Saga: A slightly more feminine Gohan
Boo Saga: Tomboy
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 04, 2015 7:47 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Depending if she replaces Gohan or Goten...

Why couldn't she be a Tomboy anytime prior to the Majin Boo arc, in your eyes?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon May 04, 2015 8:18 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:

She'd be a raised a similar way to Gohan and Gohan's not exactly the image of manliness.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 04, 2015 8:53 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:

She'd be a raised a similar way to Gohan and Gohan's not exactly the image of manliness.
Good point.

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Mon May 04, 2015 9:20 pm

Who knows? maybe Goku and Chichi might have another kid in the series. Toss that last manga chapter away since Uub sucks anyway and make the Resurrection of F the farthest dragon ball has went into canon.
My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!

Streamer255

Post by Streamer255 » Tue May 05, 2015 4:30 am

She would not replace either Gohan or Goten, but she would mostly likely have the torch passed on to her instead of Gohan.