Opinions on Dragon Ball YouTubers ?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The gr
I Live Here

Re: Opinions on Dragon Ball YouTubers ?

Post by The gr » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:49 pm

I'm hoping qaaman recovers from that car accident and Can anyone tell me what happened to blackenfist because he been inactive for a while both his YouTube and Twitter
Mostly active on discord.

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:47 am

I mostly watch Geekdom101. He's like the most reliable DragonBall youtuber. Sometimes i watch Seth and Drandosk just for fun.
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: He is, its just that no one holds him in high esteem, even in-universe.
He must feel awful. Being a God and no one respects him. Just sad.
And Zamasu thought he had it bad. Fuckin' edgy Kaios thinking about "Justice" and shit just because they got strong by chance.

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:49 am

Forgot MasakoX. He is pretty good.
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: He is, its just that no one holds him in high esteem, even in-universe.
He must feel awful. Being a God and no one respects him. Just sad.
And Zamasu thought he had it bad. Fuckin' edgy Kaios thinking about "Justice" and shit just because they got strong by chance.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:42 pm

The gr wrote:I'm hoping qaaman recovers from that car accident and Can anyone tell me what happened to blackenfist because he been inactive for a while both his YouTube and Twitter
lol.. if you only knew.

He's fine. He's healthy.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:22 pm

As part of the hispanic Dragon Ball fandom (me being from Venezuela), I have been used to seeing Dragon Ball youtubers in that language, I must say that over time I started to dislike these youtubers, mainly because of excessive content, clickbait and disinformation, which unfortunately has been growing lately, mainly because of Anzu361 and Yisus TV, both of them writes clickbait articles on BlastingNews (no offense Yisus, you are a friend of mine since a long time, but I don't like what you do). One of the few youtubers that I like now is Indominus Freezer. Over time I've started to see English-speaking youtubers, I must say that English fandom despite not being so big as the Spanish one, is better. My favorite youtubers of this community are Geekdom101 and Rhymestyle. The first mainly because he is an informed type, who likes what he does and has character as a person, the same for Dino which I love his videos about XENOVERSE 2.
Geekdom101 wrote:
The gr wrote:I'm hoping qaaman recovers from that car accident and Can anyone tell me what happened to blackenfist because he been inactive for a while both his YouTube and Twitter
lol.. if you only knew.

He's fine. He's healthy.
Glad to hear it, I hope that he will be fine. :wave:
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:18 pm

I admire Geekdom's dedication to Dragonball. He's up to date, and he's good to listen to.

I drive from Edmonton to different parts of British Columbia, pretty much all over Western Canada for work, and listening to him during one of his podcasts or spoiler videos or whatever makes the drive very pleasant.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:12 pm

I recently came up with a flowchart to help aspiring Dragon Ball YouTubers decide where to take their content:

Hopefully someone here finds it useful.

I put it together after careful analysis of online trends.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:42 pm

^ Pretty solid. You can rule out most any experience with media past the act of consumption driving down that road, but that wasn't your destination.

I like Lance (DBD).
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:47 am

I actually ran a simple YouTube search for "Dragon Ball Super" earlier, and this still blows me away:

Reddit wouldn't allow a post titled "If you watch stuff like this, why? I demand you out yourself and justify your decisions" to go through earlier (which, for the life of me, I can't imagine why), but like, what an amazing, amazing glimpse into part of the fandom's raw id. There's so much going on there. It's perfect.

By the way, if you're reading this and you are one of this channel's regular 50,000-250,000 views, especially when it has a habit of uploading a clickbait version of actual news it kind of/sort of covers two weeks later, what the fuck? Please explain this to me.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:07 pm

Cipher wrote:I recently came up with a flowchart to help aspiring Dragon Ball YouTubers decide where to take their content:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Hopefully someone here finds it useful.

I put it together after careful analysis of online trends.
God, that chart is so accurate it's sad and hilarious.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:35 am

Here's every dbs episode review In a couple of words https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PiARuIk6Mzw I find every DBS episode review from a DB YouTuber oversaturated. I just wish some DB YouTubers put some more creativity in their reviews

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:22 am

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:^ Pretty solid. You can rule out most any experience with media past the act of consumption driving down that road, but that wasn't your destination.

I like Lance (DBD).

Everybody likes Lance brother haha

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:23 am

He's good. He's just hanging out with his friends in real life.

I know he should be uploading. He knows that. What can ya do?

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:07 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
He's good. He's just hanging out with his friends in real life.

I know he should be uploading. He knows that. What can ya do?
Your referring to blackenfist right if so I'm happy he's enjoying his life with his friends. But hey qaaman is back with a DBS review

IKevinX
Not-So-Newbie

Post by IKevinX » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:45 pm

As someone who is trying to return to the DB youtube scenario since the old days of Raging Blast 2,
this is actually kinda insightful to read.
Though a part of me is afraid of bashing but then again, it wouldn't be the internet without some. :p

I posted the same thing on the GFaqs forum, and it seems they are much more uncivilized. Much more bashing than here.
Playlist for my Deep Look series on DBS. Analysis Manga+Anime
Playlist for my Top 7 Best moments on DBS, per arc.

Awesome Goku Black Tribute
Goku SSJ4 vs Goku SSJ God

I don't know why Jpn loves the first Broly movies given then enormous amount of parodies, but I've come to love them aswell, hence the Paragus.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -You know who. (Not Voldemort)

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:30 pm

Out of all the DB YouTubers, JaxBlade's probably the one I connect with the most (along with Qaaman). He's such a chill guy and his DB workout vids are amazing. His other ones are great too. I've been following his vids for over 3 years and I honestly find them really cool. His story about being bullied as a chubby anime fan and using Goku as an inspiration to get fit is really badass and something I can relate with as a whole.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:19 am

Of all the DB Youtubers (he does other anime as well, but has his reviews on DB's each ep) I know, theres this one guy that has major beef with Goku, he seems to push on that Goku's such a bad character, bad father, Vegeta's better etc etc, think the guy's channel is called Chibi Reviews, people that doesnt like Goku can enjoy his opinions on the show at least.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:42 pm

My opinion on Geekdom101
Geekdom101 is my favorite YouTuber. He's pretty knowledgeable and has the capacity to bring people like Herms on his channel. His uploads the fastest and from what I've seen, he's a hard worker too. He's also quite possibly the biggest influence in the YouTube dragonball fandom but doesn't misuse it, and I'm very grateful that he has made a lot more fans appreciate the Original Japanese version. The best part about him is that he's the one who introduced me to Kanzenshuu when he mentioned the website in one of his videos! :thumbup:

He's even one of the guys who's inspired me to make my own YouTube channel!
He totally deserves the recognition he has in the DB fandom and I appreciate all his efforts to stop misinformation in the community.

My opinion on Powar Levul YouTubers
My opinion of YouTubers who make the same general stuff as me isn't so positive though. Mostly because we differ a lot in opinion.
SethTheProgrammer and Vegito1089 are prime examples. I am actually subscribed to these guys and enjoy their content.
They are genuinely wonderful people from what I've seen but I don't agree with most of their power levels, at all. So please just let me vent this out.

SethTheProgrammer
My main gripe is that he uses shitty subtitles and then uses them to justify his arguments.
He supports Base Goku > Freeza despite the clear statement. Uses the shitty subtitles that have Beerus saying that even SS Goku wouldn't be able to defeat Freeza and then goes on to say how that is a "Red flag" that "Goku was suppressed" as his strongest argument. This annoys me, since I'm more of a believer of Freeza > Goku like 90% of
the guys interested in power levels on Kanzenshuu but also unlike 99% of people interested in power levels on YouTube.

He thinks that battle powers scale linearly, which is fucking ridiculous given the amount of material we have that suggests that this is not the case. Just the Vegeta vs Kewi fight should've been enough.

He outright ignores the official power level for Goku at the beginning of the series and gives Kid Goku a 50 instead of a 10. As I said, power levels aren't linear and a 2x gap over regular humans is enough for Goku. If you really think it's linear, then it wouldn't matter even if Goku was 10x as strong as a regular human. Even 20 humans can't break 3 bricks with one finger.

He claims that Gohan is "Stronger than ever" when nothing implies this at all. He, again, uses bad subtitles and claims that Tagoma is stronger than "Ultimate Gohan" as his strongest argument. Which, mind you, has already been proven to be a wrongly interpreted statement by Herms. This again, gives me a lot of trouble when other YouTubers redirect me to his video and say stuff like "You must really hate Gohan" when I dare to put him below Majin Buu.
Gohan can be stronger than Buu, but definitely not because of the reasons Seth stated.

I still think he's an awesome guy though. He just needs to cross-check his sources before he makes his bold claims. Needs to learn humility, but then again, so do I.

Vegito1089
Much like Seth, he believes in Base Goku > Freeza and puts Kid Goku at 50 rather than 10. Not to mention the "decreasing SS multiplier theory".
Other than that, he's a pretty cool guy and I genuinely wish he'd upload more.

DBZ Macky
Why aren't you fucking subscribed yet?

1. Uploads a lot, check.
2. Actually cross-checks his sources, check.
3. Isn't afraid to stray from popular belief, check.
4. Appreciates criticism, check.
5. Gives the fans what they want, refrains from clickbait, check.

No seriously, why aren't you? I'd definitely appreciate any feedback if anyone would like to provide :D
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:50 pm

Thanks for the kind words Macky. I can def see you were inspired heavily by Vegito1089's style.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:08 pm

Now I'm going give my opinion on DB YouTubers
    Geekdom101this guy is one of the most knowledgeable DB YouTuber,he is a variety of videos,he has a funny sense of humor, and very reliable when it come DB News
      Mozilla Vulpix, blackenfist and hail zeonthe Best type of reviewers when it come to DBS, and especially Gabby she has the best reviews
        masakox,qaaman,seereax and tfs there video always entertained me
          mistarefusion it was obvious,his dissection video are amazing,he is the best DB critic
            Anime Ajay the most knowledgeable person in the DB community when it comes to animation he's the best one, totally not mark come in second place when it comes to animation
              DBZ macky,geeklist,seth and vegito great powerscalers and versus debaters,but I prefer macky over them, simply because his scaling is easier to understand, through seth and vegito are great powerscalers despite having some flaws like the Gohan and tagoma power and vegito Saiyan multipliers decreasing, and geeklist makes good versus video