Opinions on Dragon Ball YouTubers ?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Geekdom101
Regular

Re: Opinions on Dragon Ball YouTubers ?

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:47 am

Scorpio Kardia, you really need a reality check. Your bias against Youtubers has gone from unfounded, to just plain ridiculous.

The fact that you sit there and say it doesn't require work is laughable. The fact that you actually QUESTION why companies work with Youtubers and that you feel they overstate what their value is HAS to be one of the most egotistical things I've ever read in my life. You actually believe that you, some guy on a message board who has ZERO access to the books of Bandai, EA, Crunchyroll, Viz, etc, knows MORE than they do? It's bad enough that you judge without knowing the body of my work kind of shows that you're speaking from the perspective of someone who is ignorant of the Youtube platform, and thus its literally a waste of time even typing this.

I've been sponsored by Crunchyroll since October. Explain to me how a company can continue to sponsor me for THIS many months if they didn't think the relationship was beneficial to them? They're OK with losing money? So is Viz media too then? Bandai Namco also has lost SO MUCH money because they "overrate" the value of Youtube. Seriously - stop. The bias, egotism and elitism is apparent with every anti-Youtuber post.

The fact that you think no Youtuber should exist and should be taken down by TOEI or not allowed to monetize pretty much sums up that you're just salty about there being a monetized platform that people can share thoughts and get paid. By your logic, movie channels and game channels should not be allowed to cover anything and get paid for it. You're living in a dream world.

You can dislike any content creator you want. But to not understand why Youtube is as powerful as it is and what influence people on it have is well... close minded. It's 2017, not 2004.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Scorpio Kardia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Scorpio Kardia » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:48 am

Bansho64 wrote:It wasn't about them being good or bad. It was about them not doing specific things that I said a lot of other DB YouTubers tend to do.
But I just showed you that at least one of the YouTubers that you mentioned does in fact do that.
Bansho64 wrote:I think you're severely undermining what he does to produce his content.
Who am I undermining it? Can you give me an example out of most of his videos that demonstrates some superior editing skill, knowledge that most people don't have or that demonstrates original content? If you go to his video page at least half of the videos that he uploaded in the past month are either Dokkan Battle related or summarizing a Dragon Ball Super episode. A lot of said videos by the way featuring clickbait content. You can like him that's fine, but I don't think you can quite say that his content is original or hard to produce.

If you get a recording device, and have a Dokkan Battle account you can pretty much do what he does.

Bansho64 wrote: Again, if you're saying that none of that requires any skill whatsoever, then I think you're really undermining what they do.
I said a "a lot" and "most" I never said all YouTubers. What you presented was the minority, not the majority, and I merely picked up one of your examples "Rhymestyle" (the one that I do know), to demonstrate that even some of the YouTubers that you seem to hold in high regard do some of the practices that I criticized.

Again it's fine if you like his content, but doing Dokkan Battle summon videos, playing Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, and doing summaries of Dragon Ball Super episodes, which is a huge chunk of what he does not require hard work or originality. That's how he makes a living.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:51 am

DBZ Macky wrote: Videos about Dokkan battle, and even simple, shitty slideshows do require a lot of time and effort, even if it's minuscule compared to projects requiring heavy editing like DBZA. If someone is enjoying the content, and you're also enjoying making it, while not violating the law or infringing copyright in any manner, then what's the issue?
Even Dokkan Battle is "quality content". It's just that you don't like it.

Low effort doesn't necessarily equate to bad. If you don't like these kinds of videos, then you can just click on the video and select "Not interested".
He has a bias against Youtubers and has absolutely no respect for us despite having no knowledge of now the Youtube platform works.

It's quite embarrassing to read, which is why I'm glad people are picking up on this dude's nonsense.

Rhyme uploads 2 videos a day, every day, and has for 2 years.

If you think that's not hard work, well... let me not say what I REALLY wanna say, cause it violates the board rules.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:00 am

Scorpio Kardia wrote: But I just showed you that at least one of the YouTubers that you mentioned does in fact do that.
Bansho64 wrote:Yes, I do think there is a problem with DB YouTubers. A lot of em, click bait, cash on other people's work without giving credit, and the originality is extremely low.
Yeah, no he does not.
If you get a recording device, and have a Dokkan Battle account you can pretty much do what he does.
It takes a lot more than that.
I said a "a lot" and "most" I never said all YouTubers. What you presented was the minority, not the majority, and I merely picked up one of your examples "Rhymestyle" (the one that I do know), to demonstrate that even some of the YouTubers that you seem to hold in high regard do some of the practices that I criticized.

Again it's fine if you like his content, but doing Dokkan Battle summon videos, playing Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, and doing summaries of Dragon Ball Super episodes, which is a huge chunk of what he does not require hard work or originality. That's how he makes a living.
I'm pretty sure it takes some sort of hard work to actually become good at playing the games he plays, editing the way he edits, and popping out those vids in a pretty short time.

Like I said earlier, you're really undermining a lot of the work these people put out there.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:05 am

Bansho64 wrote: I'm pretty sure it takes some sort of hard work to actually become good at playing the games he plays, editing the way he edits, and popping out those vids in a pretty short time.

Like I said earlier, you're really undermining a lot of the work these people put out there.
At the end of the day, no matter how much some guy kicks and screams on a message board, people are gonna keep watching and companies will keep working with Dino. Dino is one of the hardest working people I know - minimum 14 videos a week. At this point, the sheer bias, ego, and ignorance exhibited here is legitimately a joke.

Scorpio Kardia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Scorpio Kardia » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:24 am

Geekdom101 wrote:You actually believe that you, some guy on a message board who has ZERO access to the books of Bandai, EA, Crunchyroll, Viz, etc, knows MORE than they do? It's bad enough that you judge without knowing the body of my work kind of shows that you're speaking from the perspective of someone who is ignorant of the Youtube platform, and thus its literally a waste of time even typing this.
So you are some expert because you have insider knowledge that the "common man" lacks? I stated that video game companies like Bandai Namco offer free products and potentially pay YouTubers to advertise their products and games. What is so wrong with my statement? I also said that if Dragon Ball "YouTubers" didn't exist said corporations like Bandai Namco wouldn't see a major change in their sales. That isn't an incorrect statement. Bandai Namco was fine before Dragon Ball YouTubers existed.
Geekdom101 wrote:I've been sponsored by Crunchyroll since October. Explain to me how a company can continue to sponsor me for THIS many months if they didn't think the relationship was beneficial to them? They're OK with losing money? So is Viz media too then? Bandai Namco also has lost SO MUCH money because they "overrate" the value of Youtube. Seriously - stop. The bias, egotism and elitism is apparent with every anti-Youtuber post.
In your fit of anger you seem to have missed my point entirely. Obviously if you have business ties with said corporations they must feel you somehow contribute to their business. Maybe you got 100 people to subscribe to Crunchyroll? Maybe 1000? Maybe 1 million? Congratulations but so what? I think it's sad that we've gotten to the point where corporations feel the need to work with people who make a living out of Dragon Ball, without producing any sort of quality content.

Also please don't pretend that you or most Dragon Ball YouTubers are making lots of money out of Bandai Namco. Those companies are well known to give out free copies of video games to YouTube Channels. The fact that they hand out a few free copies of video games to certain YouTube channels does not mean that they are making some sort of crazy investment. It's a no lose situation for them, so please don't pretend like it's a big deal.

I'm not an anti-YouTuber, I'm anti-untalented Dragon Ball YouTubers who use very sad strategies to get views and money. The simple fact that you decide to make a random post, instead of adressing my original reply to your comment point by point shows that even you a "Dragon Ball YouTuber" can't really deny the dark reality of most Dragon Ball YouTube channels.
Geekdom101 wrote:The fact that you think no Youtuber should exist and should be taken down by TOEI or not allowed to monetize pretty much sums up that you're just salty about there being a monetized platform that people can share thoughts and get paid. By your logic, movie channels and game channels should not be allowed to cover anything and get paid for it. You're living in a dream world.
Excuse me but when have I said "Grrr all YouTubers should be taken down by Toei!!"? You're reading parts of my posts selectively. My first post mentioned the type of content that I see being constantly uploaded by Dragon Ball YouTubers. Not once did I use the word "ALL". I said the majority, and that's not inaccurate. If you're going to quote me then please be fair and read things properly.
Geekdom101 wrote:You can dislike any content creator you want. But to not understand why Youtube is as powerful as it is and what influence people on it have is well... close minded. It's 2017, not 2004.
I perfectly understand how powerful YouTube is, which is why it's sad that so many people like most Dragon Ball YouTubers use it the way they use it. They could actually be contributing to the community, produce original content, help make the Dragon Ball YouTube community more civil. But why do any of that work when they can just make a video about hmmm let's say "OMFG GOKU BECOMES GOD OF DESTRUCTION!" (that's an actual YouTube video title by the way)

If you are personally offended because I don't "get" what you do that's fine. Ultimately I think you are personally offended by my comments because you are rather insecure about what you do. Otherwise you wouldn't think it's a big deal that you have deal with a anime streaming website like Crunchyroll, because I'm sorry but that doesn't mean you're some sort of master mind who deserves praise.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:26 am

Buddy, I'm not even dignifying you with a response anymore. You literally know nothing of what you speak nor nothing about me. Just keep talking trash on a message board dude and party like its 1999.

Scorpio Kardia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Scorpio Kardia » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:30 am

Bansho64 wrote:Like I said earlier, you're really undermining a lot of the work these people put out there.
"Good" at playing video games? You're talking about Dokkan battle here, a game that determines how good you are by how many dragon stones you can buy. It doesn't involve some sort of special skill.

You say I'm undermining it, I say you are over overestimating what he does. So it seems we can't reach any conclusion here. I mantain my view that making Dokkan Battle videos, isn't hard or requires effort.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:34 am

Scorpio Kardia wrote:
Bansho64 wrote:Like I said earlier, you're really undermining a lot of the work these people put out there.
"Good" at playing video games? You're talking about Dokkan battle here, a game that determines how good you are by how many dragon stones you can buy. It doesn't involve some sort of special skill.

You say I'm undermining it, I say you are over overestimating what he does. So it seems we can't reach any conclusion here. I mantain my view that making Dokkan Battle videos, isn't hard or requires effort.
Then upload a dokkan videos Scorpio kardia, because I wonder why 99% user in kanzenshuu don't upload YT video :think:
Mostly active on discord.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:35 am

Scorpio Kardia wrote: "Good" at playing video games? You're talking about Dokkan battle here, a game that determines how good you are by how many dragon stones you can buy. It doesn't involve some sort of special skill.

I was mainly talking about all the games he plays. Dokkan isn't all he plays. That's one game. And I was talking about all his work, not just his video gaming videos.

Also, I don't think you know what the word "effort" means.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:36 am

This is comedy gold on both sides.
Feels over Reals.

Scorpio Kardia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Scorpio Kardia » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:43 am

Geekdom101 wrote:Buddy, I'm not even dignifying you with a response anymore. You literally know nothing of what you speak nor nothing about me. Just keep talking trash on a message board dude and party like its 1999.
That reminds me of a quote "You know nothing of my work", except you rather say "I'm not even dignifying you with a response", which sadly only further confirms my suspicions about you. Well what can I say, at the end of the day I think you have a lot of insecurities about what you do for a living. So while I "talk trash" on a message board you can go and literally "produce trash" for the masses and living of a an anime series. Best of luck.
The gr wrote:Then upload a dokkan videos Scorpio kardia, because I wonder why 99% user in kanzenshuu don't upload YT video :think:
Why would I want to do that? I'm sorry but not everyone is an aspiring "Dragon Ball YouTuber", and if your point is that it's actually not that easy, well then I'd probably just create a bunch of clickbait videos, before creating said Dokkan Battle gameplay video, I'm sure that would help me.. I can't speak for other members of this forum though and their career aspirations.
Bansho64 wrote:Also, I don't think you know what the word "effort" means.
Quite frankly I don't think you know what actual "effort" involves.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:44 am

Scorpio Kardia wrote:
As someone who tried to make LPing a thing myself, it is not as easy as it looks. The patience and time commitment one must make is just the tip of the iceberg. Some people can record videos dozens of times till it comes out how they want. Editing is a tough process if you want to add the polish that some people do. Youtubers are entertainers and they can be very critical of themselves and their production quality. I eventually got too unsatisfied with my work, frustrated that I lacked the skills to make my videos have polish and eventually didn't have the time to bother recording anymore. I just gave up. It's not as easy as you say it is until you try it, you try and you try and you never see that view count go up. You take the time to put more quality into your videos but it doesn't matter, Youtube's system doesn't care for your videos. Becoming a success in the modern day YouTube algorithm might as well be winning the lottery, especially in regard to gaming and anime videos.

Facts are Rhyme works in collaboration with Bandai Namco and learns details about Dragon Ball video games before any of us do. And you're saying his work lacks quality, on a Dragon Ball internet forum. Well if it's so easy and Rhyme's videos lack quality content then surely you can do it. Rhyme is just a Dragon Ball fan like every person on this forum, nothing makes him different to any of us. So surely you can become a Bandai and Crunchyroll partner who makes great money right?
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:47 am

Scorpio Kardia wrote:
The gr wrote:Then upload a dokkan videos Scorpio kardia, because I wonder why 99% user in kanzenshuu don't upload YT video :think:
Why would I want to do that? I'm sorry but not everyone is an aspiring "Dragon Ball YouTuber", and if your point is that it's actually not that easy, well then I'd probably just create a bunch of clickbait videos, before creating said Dokkan Battle gameplay video, I'm sure that would help me.. I can't speak for other members of this forum though and their career aspirations.
You say it takes no effort, people like Rhyme prove you can make bank on it. Yet you don't wanna do it? By your definition this is basically free money you're refusing. Man free money.

Take it from someone who spent 5 years trying to find a way to break into the YouTube scene in gaming and yes even Dragon Ball videos. You have absolutely no clue at all what you're talking about.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:50 am

Scorpio Kardia wrote: Quite frankly I don't think you know what actual "effort" involves.
You keep associating your subjective opinions on YouTubers work with the objective effort it takes to make these vids like it's debatable. Regardless of your opinion of Rhymestyle's work, it's factual that he puts in atleast some effort into making the videos he does.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:51 am

Scorpio Kardia wrote:

Dragon Ball Youtubers are mainly in the entertainment field.

Even if what they did required little to no work, as long as they entertain people with their videos that's a perfectly valid activity just like any other entertainment-based activity.

Furthermore, anyone with real world experience should be perfectly aware that, in any field or activity, work doesn't translate into money or success as if it was an 1:1 ratio. In fact, the people with the biggest talents usually are able to get more success with less work, and in the entertainment field that talent is the ability to have people be entertained by seeing/listening to us and our work.

That being said, it's pretty obvious that many Youtubers put a lot of work into their content. Besides the mental work required to come up with different content, just the trouble of filming and editing regular videos is a lot of work.

You really have no logical arguments and you just come across as someone who has an unreasonable hate for Youtubers or for anyone that you somehow perceive to be successful without the amount of work you think is required.

Scorpio Kardia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Scorpio Kardia » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:54 am

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:
Scorpio Kardia wrote:
As someone who tried to make LPing a thing myself, it is not as easy as it looks. The patience and time commitment one must make is just the tip of the iceberg. Some people can record videos dozens of times till it comes out how they want. Editing is a tough process if you want to add the polish that some people do. Youtubers are entertainers and they can be very critical of themselves and their production quality. I eventually got too unsatisfied with my work, frustrated that I lacked the skills to make my videos have polish and eventually didn't have the time to bother recording anymore. I just gave up. It's not as easy as you say it is until you try it, you try and you try and you never see that view count go up. You take the time to put more quality into your videos but it doesn't matter, Youtube's system doesn't care for your videos. Becoming a success in the modern day YouTube algorithm might as well be winning the lottery, especially in regard to gaming and anime videos.

Facts are Rhyme works in collaboration with Bandai Namco and learns details about Dragon Ball video games before any of us do. And you're saying his work lacks quality, on a Dragon Ball internet forum. Well if it's so easy and Rhyme's videos lack quality content then surely you can do it. Rhyme is just a Dragon Ball fan like every person on this forum, nothing makes him different to any of us. So surely you can become a Bandai and Crunchyroll partner who makes great money right?
Well in order for me to agree with you let me ask you some questions. First when did attempt your YouTube LP career? When did you start? One year ago, 9 years ago? Because naturally you would find it much harder to stand out now than you would say 9 years ago, because it's literally something that anyone can attempt to do, and there are a lot of people attemping to do it. Their timing is just wrong. Also just because you stand out on YouTube does not mean you are some sort of genius who produces great content. You do know what the top channels on YouTube do right? Stupidity and popularity go hand in hand.

Rhymestyle isn't some genius who managed to break a ceiling with innovative content, he was merely one of the first channels to catch on the "Dragon Ball craze" during the time, and who understood that producing "dumb" content is a key for success on YouTube. Have him start a YouTube channel now and I'm pretty sure that like you he would have to go find another career. Of course that's speculation on my part.

Scorpio Kardia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Scorpio Kardia » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:03 am

rereboy wrote: Dragon Ball Youtubers are mainly in the entertainment field.

Even if what they did required little to no work, as long as they entertain people with their videos that's a perfectly valid activity just like any other entertainment-based activity.
So what? They "entertain" by exploiting a franchise and a lot of the times making clickbait videos, false speculations and other matters of the sort. As an individual I'm allowed to not like said practices.
rereboy wrote:That being said, it's pretty obvious that many Youtubers put a lot of work into their content. Besides the mental work required to come up with different content, just the trouble of filming and editing regular videos is a lot of work.
And many Youtubers don't, including many Dragon Ball YouTubers. If you think that stealing an image from a website using a title in all caps to call attention to your video, and stealing information from people who share information for free involves a lot of work then I don't know what to tell you, and that is in fact what a lot of Dragon Ball YouTubers do.
rereboy wrote:You really have no logical arguments and you just come across as someone who has an unreasonable hate for Youtubers or for anyone that you somehow perceive to be successful without the amount of work you think is required.
Just because you choose to ignore my original posts and claim that I have no logical argument doesn't mean I don't have one. I have an issue with people milking Dragon Ball for content, often times not giving credit where credit is do, and I explained why. That's something that even the angriest Dragon Ball YouTuber can't ignore exists. If you prefer to make some moral judgement, and suggest that I am "hating" on YouTubers in general that's your own biased choice.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:04 am

Scorpio Kardia wrote:
That reminds me of a quote "You know nothing of my work", except you rather say "I'm not even dignifying you with a response", which sadly only further confirms my suspicions about you. Well what can I say, at the end of the day I think you have a lot of insecurities about what you do for a living. So while I "talk trash" on a message board you can go and literally "produce trash" for the masses and living of a an anime series. Best of luck.
And again, you don't know anything about my body of work, who I am or what I do, and you confessed to this, to any judgement call on my content or any "suspicions" you may have are in your own head.

Insecure? Nah. You're just ignorant and I'm glad I'm not the only person pointing ut the salt and the jealousy coming from every post.

That's okay if you think I produce trash, it really doesn't hurt me (specially since you've never seen any of my content nor knew who I was until today). MANY other people think that I don't produce trash, including people on this board, people who run this site, Viz, Crunchyroll, Funimation, Bandai, various voice actors, authors, MasakoX, and the list goes on.

So you LITERALLY don't matter. Best of luck not mattering.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:06 am

Scorpio Kardia wrote: Rhymestyle isn't some genius who managed to break a ceiling with innovative content, he was merely one of the first channels to catch on the "Dragon Ball craze" during the time, and who understood that producing "dumb" content is a key for success on YouTube. Have him start a YouTube channel now and I'm pretty sure that like you he would have to go find another career. Of course that's speculation on my part.

ACTUALLY...

Rhyme started his channel before the "Dragon Ball craze" happened and he was doing lets plays for Elder Scrolls games. He also had a full time job while doing it.

So now you're just spreading MORE ignorant misinformation and talking out of your ass - yet again.

The jealousy is real.
Last edited by Geekdom101 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.