General Fan Fiction Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:36 pm

Doctor. wrote:Yeah, pretty much. I've writen introspective short stories about Dragon Ball characters in the past, but looking back at them, they were garbage :lol: This one should hopefully turn out good, even if Goku is a hard character to write a story from a first-person perspective with.
Goku's pretty hard to nail down in general, it's difficult writing his blend of simple naivety, selfishness, and bluntness without making him too much of an idiot or too much of an asshole.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:43 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Yeah, pretty much. I've writen introspective short stories about Dragon Ball characters in the past, but looking back at them, they were garbage :lol: This one should hopefully turn out good, even if Goku is a hard character to write a story from a first-person perspective with.
Goku's pretty hard to nail down in general, it's difficult writing his blend of simple naivety, selfishness, and bluntness without making him too much of an idiot or too much of an asshole.
He's not hard to nail if you rewrite the character from scratch :wink:

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:00 pm

Gog wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:I'm in the mood for another Goku Black one shot but I'm kind of stumped as to what to do with it, anyone get any scenario they want to see him get thrown into?
Goku Black falls in love?
With Future Mai?

Also, I had an idea that I wanted to share in case anyone wanted to, so to speak, share it: if mortals could become Hakaishin (as it could be presumed the Hakaishin were mortals at one point), a mortal could become a Kaiōshin if one dies or somehow resigns, couldn't they? For me personally, this is mostly an excuse to give Gohan his Kaiōshin outfit from the Buu arc, but it's also for the expansion of lore (since I am effectively starting from scratch on a few aspects).
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:01 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
He's not hard to nail if you rewrite the character from scratch :wink:
That's an absurd amount of work though, I think mine is the lesser of two evils.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:02 pm

Anime Kitten wrote: Also, I had an idea that I wanted to share in case anyone wanted to, so to speak, share it: if mortals could become Hakaishin (as it could be presumed the Hakaishin were mortals at one point), a mortal could become a Kaiōshin if one dies or somehow resigns, couldn't they? For me personally, this is mostly an excuse to give Gohan his Kaiōshin outfit from the Buu arc, but it's also for the expansion of lore (since I am effectively starting from scratch on a few aspects).
Unlike with the Gods of destruction, the Kai's seems to be racially specific, you have to be born one.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:06 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Gog wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:I'm in the mood for another Goku Black one shot but I'm kind of stumped as to what to do with it, anyone get any scenario they want to see him get thrown into?
What is this.... love you speak of? :P
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

That's for Goku Black to find out. :P

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:06 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Gog wrote:
With Future Mai?

Also, I had an idea that I wanted to share in case anyone wanted to, so to speak, share it: if mortals could become Hakaishin (as it could be presumed the Hakaishin were mortals at one point), a mortal could become a Kaiōshin if one dies or somehow resigns, couldn't they? For me personally, this is mostly an excuse to give Gohan his Kaiōshin outfit from the Buu arc, but it's also for the expansion of lore (since I am effectively starting from scratch on a few aspects).
No, guidebooks as well as Toriyama interviews confirm that Kaioshin are born with the job.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:08 pm

Kanassa wrote:Unlike with the Gods of destruction, the Kai's seems to be racially specific, you have to be born one.
Doctor. wrote:No, guidebooks as well as Toriyama interviews confirm that Kaioshin are born with the job.
But still, what if a Kaiōshin died, was killed, or simply wanted to pass on the title? It seems plausible that, with the right training and approval, a mortal could become a Kaiōshin. More specifically, I don't see anything stopping someone from achieving the position.

All the same, this is for my fic, which is the good ol' "'everything' you know about DB is wrong", so I can basically do whatever I want anyway (like implement a couple dozen Naruto concepts >:3). :P
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:10 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Unlike with the Gods of destruction, the Kai's seems to be racially specific, you have to be born one.
Doctor. wrote:No, guidebooks as well as Toriyama interviews confirm that Kaioshin are born with the job.
But still, what if a Kaiōshin died, was killed, or simply wanted to pass on the title? It seems plausible that, with the right training and approval, a mortal could become a Kaiōshin. More specifically, I don't see anything stopping someone from achieving the position.

All the same, this is for my fic, which is the good ol' "'everything' you know about DB is wrong", so I can basically do whatever I want anyway (like implement a couple dozen Naruto concepts >:3). :P
I guess you could work it in, but you should claim it's an exception. Even Zamasu was born as a Kaio.

Or yeah, since it's for your reboot-esque fic, then it's fine.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:11 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:

I think it works on soul logic or some shit. Like, how Goku Black can still count as a Kaioshin despite being in a mortal body. When one Kaioshin dies, the essence of their connect to a God passes on to their apprentice or something (Making it up as I go along)

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:46 pm

Thinking of writing a Yardratian character. What kind of abilities and techniques can be developed from the Instant Transmission?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:49 pm

Doctor. wrote:Thinking of writing a Yardratian character. What kind of abilities and techniques can be developed from the Instant Transmission?
Double sided beam attack? Like, fire off a beam and then teleport to the other side of the opponent and fire another

Kanassa wrote:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:46 am

Gog wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Gog wrote:
What is this.... love you speak of? :P
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I was actually thinking of doing a story with Future Chi-Chi trying to track down Black but love isn't what she'd find on the end of that rainbow :P

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:51 am

Doctor. wrote:Thinking of writing a Yardratian character. What kind of abilities and techniques can be developed from the Instant Transmission?
Teleporting body parts out of an opponent seems like it would be highly useful and very lethal.
Gog wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I was actually thinking of doing a story with Future Chi-Chi trying to track down Black but love isn't what she'd find on the end of that rainbow :P[/quote]

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:27 am

ekrolo2 wrote: I was actually thinking of doing a story with Future Chi-Chi trying to track down Black but love isn't what she'd find on the end of that rainbow :P
Actually, with how much hatred Zamasu has for Goku, a good idea for a fanfic would be this really uncomfortable situation of Chi-Chi mistaking Back for Goku. With Black manipulating and mentally breaking Chi-Chi further, just to spite Goku.
Black: Chi-Chi... My Dear...
Chi-Chi: G-Goku!? But you were dead...
Black: Oh, I see. It displeases you. You were happy to get me out of your life, is that it?
Chi-Chi: N-no!

Kanassa wrote:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:35 am

Kanassa wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: I was actually thinking of doing a story with Future Chi-Chi trying to track down Black but love isn't what she'd find on the end of that rainbow :P
Actually, with how much hatred Zamasu has for Goku, a good idea for a fanfic would be this really uncomfortable situation of Chi-Chi mistaking Back for Goku. With Black manipulating and mentally breaking Chi-Chi further, just to spite Goku.
Black: Oh, I see. It displeases you. You were happy to get me out of your life, is that it?
And they say I'm twisted :P

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:02 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Creative Writing Class, horror writing genre, we play a game of 'Who will you make cringe?' :D

Kanassa wrote:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:04 pm

Kanassa wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Actually, with how much hatred Zamasu has for Goku, a good idea for a fanfic would be this really uncomfortable situation of Chi-Chi mistaking Back for Goku. With Black manipulating and mentally breaking Chi-Chi further, just to spite Goku.
Creative Writing Class, horror writing genre, we play a game of 'Who will you make cringe?' :D
The world seems like a brighter place now that I know this is an actual thing that exists :clap:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:09 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: And they say I'm twisted :P
The world seems like a brighter place now that I know this is an actual thing that exists :clap:
We have entire lessons dedicated to trying to get a specific reaction from our 'readers' sometimes. Whether, make them cringe, make them cry, make them aww, or make the go ''...THe fuck?"

Kanassa wrote:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:11 pm

Kanassa wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Creative Writing Class, horror writing genre, we play a game of 'Who will you make cringe?' :D
We have entire lessons dedicated to trying to get a specific reaction from our 'readers' sometimes. Whether, make them cringe, make them cry, make them aww, or make the go ''...THe fuck?"
Damn, I wish I had something like that over here but writing rooms meant to teach you aren't much of a thing over here in Croatia.