The Dragon Ball World Series

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PelicanDynasty
Beyond Newbie

The Dragon Ball World Series

Post by PelicanDynasty » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:00 am

I don't even know why I've bothered to do this but I can't lie it was a lot of fun so I've decided to post my results here. Using Out of the Park Baseball, a baseball simulator (Read: game for nerds) I've simulated a quick series to answer once and for all whether good can triumph over evil on the diamond.

Here are the rosters/depth charts for the two teams. Note the stats along the left side; for pitchers (from Bandages to Freeza and Oob to Piccolo) they stand for Stuff, Movement and Control. For everyone below Freeza and Piccolo respectively they stand for Contact, Power, and Eye. There are a lot more ratings than these but this should give you a general feel for how good everyone is.

Now it's on to game summaries. Teams Good and Evil duked it out 20 times, the winner obviously is the first team to reach 11 wins. Let's hope they don't win 10 each.

Game 1
[spoiler]King Piccolo gets rocked (7 Earned Runs), Yamcha pitches complete game shutout. Heroes win 9-0[/spoiler]

Game 2
[spoiler]Pitchers' duel. Goku gets game winning RBI. Heroes win 2-1.[/spoiler]

Game 3
[spoiler]6 solid innings from Vegeta. Heroes win 5-2.[/spoiler]

Game 4
[spoiler]Oob cruises for seven innings, concedes 4 runs in the 8th. Bandages pitches a gem for the bad guys. Villains win 4-1.[/spoiler]

Game 5
[spoiler]Villains light up Dende, Villains win 11-4.[/spoiler]

Game 6
[spoiler]Heroes score game winning run in 8th via Kid Trunks homer. King Piccolo is the victim, and gets his second loss of the series. Heroes win 3-2.[/spoiler]

Game 7
[spoiler]Game tied 2-2 after 9 innings. Roshi drives in Tien for game winning run in the 12th off of Freeza. Heroes win 3-2.[/spoiler]

Game 8
[spoiler]Grandpa Gohan blows game in 9th inning. Villains win 5-3.[/spoiler]

Game 9
[spoiler]Villains score 7 runs off Oob while Bandages throws another gem. Villains win 7-0.[/spoiler]

Game 10
[spoiler]Villains get key insurance run of Piccolo in the 9th, Heroes score 2 off Freeza in the bottom of the 9th but still fall short. Villains win 6-5.[/spoiler]

SERIES IS CURRENTLY 5-5

Game 11
[spoiler]Freeza gives up 3 runs in the 12th, Heroes win 4-1 in extras.[/spoiler]

Game 12
[spoiler]Heroes score only run of game in 9th inning via Master Roshi walk-off home run. Heroes win 1-0.[/spoiler]

Game 13
[spoiler]Tied 3-3 after 9 innings, but Heroes strike late again when Goku hits a homer off Freeza. Heores win 4-3.[/spoiler]

Game 14
[spoiler]Oob gets blasted again, but Heroes batter Bandages even worse (6 Earned Runs in 2.2 IP). Heroes win 8-6.[/spoiler]

Game 15
[spoiler]Dende pitches gem. Heroes scratch out 2 runs against a solid Nappa. Heroes win 2-0.[/spoiler]

HEROES GUARANTEED ATLEAST A DRAW IN THE SERIES, UP 10-5

Game 16
[spoiler]Tied 0-0 after 14 innings. Yamcha and King Piccolo both pitch wonderfully. General Blue hits game winning single off Android 17 in the 15th inning. Villains win 1-0.[/spoiler]

Game 17
[spoiler]Heroes score 4 early. Villains get 3 back in the 8th. Piccolo gets the save for the Heroes and clinches the series. Heroes win 4-3.[/spoiler]

HEROES CLINCH SERIES

Game 18
[spoiler]Villains rinse Vegeta in first consolation game. Villains win 6-1.[/spoiler]

Game 19
[spoiler]Heroes score in 7 different innings to put up 12 runs on Bandages and company. Oob gives up 7 runs but gets the win. Heroes win 12-7.[/spoiler]

Game 20
[spoiler]In a fitting end to the series, Freeza blows the game for the Villains one last time. Heroes win 5-4.[/spoiler]

HEROES WIN SERIES 13-7

Let's review. Here are the league leaders:

Pitching

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Relief Pitching
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Fielding

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Batting
[spoiler]Image
Okay, so the screenshot messed up on this one and I forgot to save like a moron. Basically, Goku led damn near every category, hits, average, OBP, slugging, WAR, steals, you name it. Kid Trunks wasn't far behind in most places and also led the series in triples.[/spoiler]

Some quick awards:
Best Batter: Goku
Best Pitcher: Yamcha
Best Reliever: Piccolo
Glove Wizard: Ginyu
Best Young Player: Kid Trunks
Biggest Letdown: Freeza
Most Clutch: Master Roshi

If you read this far, thanks I guess. I hope you enjoyed looking at this nonsense as much as I did making it. :lol:

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Re: The Dragon Ball World Series

Post by RoarkVegeta » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:20 am

This was awesome! I use OOTP 17 myself, and this was just a hilarious read, especially coming off of the recent Super episode.

Good stuff!

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:00 am

Dragonball Baseball AU series someone get on that anime already! :lol:

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:26 pm

Biggest Letdown: Freeza
:lol: :lol: :lol: