God of Justice [Black/Zamasu Arc Movie Styled Trailer]

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SatsuiNoJXA

God of Justice [Black/Zamasu Arc Movie Styled Trailer]

Post by SatsuiNoJXA » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:40 pm

We all know how this goes from start to finish. However I wanted to try to increase the drama of the arc.
I utilized dialogue of Trunks from the early Android Saga as he tells Goku about the Androids. However the dialogue was edited in a way so that he doesn't mention Androids but he is referring to a destructive duo: "Black and Zamasu"

The music in the trailer:

-Event Horizon by J.T. Peterson
-Death Stranding 2nd Trailer Theme.

I would love some constructive criticism regarding the video that way I can improve on future projects.

This video is the final draft after the first few critiques I received and this is what I fixed:
-Less Spoilers
-Removed Subtitles
-Added an ending title card
-Fixed Trunks Dialogue to an extent that doesn't seem completely cut off.

https://youtu.be/olf1fDhqZrk

Cetra
I Live Here

Re: God of Justice [Black/Zamasu Arc Movie Styled Trailer]

Post by Cetra » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:44 pm

That was really good, especially the last part. Really liked the trailer.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:57 pm

Awesome work! Really enjoyed that. Death Stranding music really sealed the deal.

If I had any criticisms, I'd say the title card font isn't too fitting, though perhaps it's just the styling. It seems a little cheap-looking compared to everything else.

Lastly, just a little niggle, but the Dragon Ball Super logo you're using is an iffy fan-made one. If you can find the official one (I can send it if need be), I think it'd look a lot more polished.

Otherwise, yeah, again, great work. Good job!
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:07 pm

Great job on the video editing! I'll have to give it a listen sometime, but just the video alone was amazing. My only gripe is that showing Black with Zamasu is a bit spoiler-y, but Zamasu himself being there is fine.

Other than that, you did a fantastic job. I hope to see more of these someday!
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

SatsuiNoJXA

Post by SatsuiNoJXA » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:27 pm

Cetra wrote:That was really good, especially the last part. Really liked the trailer.
Thank you very much! Glad you enjoyed it.

SatsuiNoJXA

Post by SatsuiNoJXA » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:32 pm

Ajay wrote:Awesome work! Really enjoyed that. Death Stranding music really sealed the deal.

If I had any criticisms, I'd say the title card font isn't too fitting, though perhaps it's just the styling. It seems a little cheap-looking compared to everything else.

Lastly, just a little niggle, but the Dragon Ball Super logo you're using is an iffy fan-made one. If you can find the official one (I can send it if need be), I think it'd look a lot more polished.

Otherwise, yeah, again, great work. Good job!
Thank you! And yeah I felt the trailer was complimented greatly by the Death Stranding theme. Agreed on the font, definitely isn't on the same level of the rest of the trailer. Could definitely be more of an upgrade with text.

And yes, actually I would appreciate that! The official logo was hard to find and had to settle for a fan made one
Anime Kitten wrote:Great job on the video editing! I'll have to give it a listen sometime, but just the video alone was amazing. My only gripe is that showing Black with Zamasu is a bit spoiler-y, but Zamasu himself being there is fine.

Other than that, you did a fantastic job. I hope to see more of these someday!
Thanks! Its actually a milestone in my editing skills, and I am quite proud of it. I also made a sampler AMV of GOKU BLACK before this that helped me learn how to properly sync action scenes with music. Little less spoilers to avoid giving away a bigger element of the plot? Gotcha.

And keep on the lookout, you will see more soon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:27 pm

Schemmel's Goku doesn't sound too bad with the shows actual animation in all honesty. Oh and good work :thumbup:

SatsuiNoJXA

Post by SatsuiNoJXA » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:08 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Schemmel's Goku doesn't sound too bad with the shows actual animation in all honesty. Oh and good work :thumbup:

Thank you very much!